Most Hated RPG Character?

TGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TGB

Which character in an RPG did you have the most disdain for? I'd say for me its a toss-up between Vaan from Final Fantasy XII and a smorgasbord of characters from Chrono Cross, its hard to choose the worst character from Chrono Cross.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By coakroach

The useless chick that starts off in your party if Final Fantasy II
Freakin bitch

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Optiow

I don't have one.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I loved FFVIII but I could not stand Squall or Rinoa. 

TGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TGB

dickauspiciousqueue said:

"I loved FFVIII but I could not stand Squall or Rinoa. "
Squall is up there for me, I was surprised Square would make a main character who was such a dick.
HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By HiroSeven

Reaver from Fable 2, for reasons that are 'spoiler-rific!'

Avatar image for gobiasindustries
GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By GobiasIndustries

It's not that I hated the characters from FFX, but I hated the voice actors SO goddamn much. (english ones, obviously)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Cloud.

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By jangofett88

I'm not sure about most hated among the general populous, but my personal most hated is Aya from Infinite Undiscovery. She's basically the female equivalent of Ottacon only much more rude.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Red

Vaan. I don't say this often, but that guy's exceptionally gay.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By BoG

Wakka, Zell, Junpei, and anyone else similar to them.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By PureRok
Red said:
"Vaan. I don't say this often, but that guy's exceptionally gay."
He even had the lisp to match, man.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By atejas

Rikku. Definitely Rikku.
Also Palam and Por-er, Cooke and Macke from Lost Odyssey

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

cloud

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
WilliamRLBaker said:
"cloud"
I kinda want to agree with you. As much as I loved FF7, I can't stand what he has become nowadays. This symbol of emo losers who think they can gain street cred by liking him or something. Half of those people didn't even play the freaking game. I know several that I wish would just stop all that crap. 
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By Icemael

The main character of Last Remnant. Arguably the most annoying character I've ever seen - he was one of the main reasons I returned the game...

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PureRok

All of the characters in Final Fantasy VII are probably the most pathetic I've seen in a Final Fantasy game. None of them manage to accomplish what they set out to do.

Sephiroth wants to kill everyone - Fails
The heroes want to save the world - Fail

The reason they fail is because of the simple fact that they didn't save the world. The world saved itself. The main villain is a momma's-boy who can't manage to do anything right, and the main protagonist (Cloud) is nothing but a self pitying douche bag that does nothing but whine all the time.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
*possible spoilers*

Cloud at the start: Who am i? what am i? am i soldier? why?

Cloud at the end:Who am i? what am i? am i soldier? why?!

Oh and aeries she had no REASON ever! to die she just did they never setup at any point in the game why she had to die she just did.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#19  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Cooke, Mack, and any child or child-like character in an RPG.  Same with child-like animal characters, such as that troll thing from Blue Dragon.  Right around the time all the troll-things started dancing and singing, I wanted to throw the goddamn game out the window.  Also, as much as I love the Disgaea series, they are prone to very annoying characters like Mao.  Suikoden's characters tend to be a mixed bag, too, but they throw enough of 'em at you that it's not hard to find a party full of cool characters.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Xhela from Baten Kaitos was the worst.

Not to mention the fact that Gibari = Wakka and Kalas = Tidus.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Illmatic

Colette from Tales of Symphonia. That character single handedly stopped me from finishing that game.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vidiot

I've talked about my general thoughts over why Squall divides people, and why both people who like and hate him are ironically both legitimately correct.

But if I were to nominate a RPG character for "Most Hated" it would probably be Vaan. His character design since has been an easy target for JRPG skeptics to make fun of, on the other side of the coin JRPG fans disliked him for his lack of any form of character or depth. Friends with Penelo and that just about it, everything Vaan did or said was about as memorable as nothing. With every other FFXII character quickly taking the spotlight, Vaan became almost completly useless from a story perspective.

Asside from that just about every character from the original Final Fantasy II.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Chummy8

The Creeper from Morrowind. 

Sure you can make a fortune off him, but the noises he makes are so damn annoying.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PercyChuggs

That dumb ass Vivi the black mage from Final Fantasy IX. He just tripped and fell on his face, how cute! Oh, he just did it again! He's so endearing! *blows brains out*

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Snail

Little Mermaid. She was in Kingdom Hearts. Do you remember that song you were forced to go through? Do you remember?!

DO YOU REMEMBER?!

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Chummy8

Ming - Lost Odyssey

Not even her giant boobs could make her not annoying.

TGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TGB
vidiot said:
But if I were to nominate a RPG character for "Most Hated" it would probably be Vaan. His character design since has been an easy target for JRPG skeptics to make fun of, on the other side of the coin JRPG fans disliked him for his lack of any form of character or depth. Friends with Penelo and that just about it, everything Vaan did or said was about as memorable as nothing. With every other FFXII character quickly taking the spotlight, Vaan became almost completly useless from a story perspective.
Jeremy Parish in his article at Gamespite does a great job of analyzing Vaan and his immaterialness to the general plot and the flow of Final Fantasy XII here  http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/FinalFantasyXII

Vaan always felt like an unnecessary and unwelcome distraction to Final Fantasy XIi and its story of political intrigue and the meaning of destiny. Darn you Square marketing staff and your reliance on effeminate, shallow and aggravating lead characters!
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vidiot
TGB said:
"vidiot said:
Jeremy Parish in his article at Gamespite does a great job of analyzing Vaan and his immaterialness to the general plot and the flow of Final Fantasy XII here  http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/FinalFantasyXII

Vaan always felt like an unnecessary and unwelcome distraction to Final Fantasy XIi and its story of political intrigue and the meaning of destiny. Darn you Square marketing staff and your reliance effeminate, shallow and aggravating lead characters! "
That was a phenomenal read. The concept of Bash being the lead character originally was a surprising one. From what I've deducted, Vaan wasn't exactly accepted from Japanese fans either, meaning that their "keeping it safe" concept didn't exactly work out. When Famitsu doled out their scores the response from what I remember wasn't exactly entirely positive.