• 109 results
darkjester74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By darkjester74

Bummer...I liked the direction the last PoP game was going in.  Eff this...

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By DRE7777

I think this is kinda stupid on their part. They are obviously just trying to play off of the movie, which has yet to be proven as a quality product, to get sales. I'm not sure about most people, but I'm sick of the old Prince of Persia games, considering the first one was the best if not the only good one, and I really don't feel like playing another one. I really liked what they did with the last game focusing more on atmosphere and art design with laid back but interesting game play. 

Also I didn't get to play the DLC but I'm far more interested in the story line and events of the most recent game than that of the previous series. Hopefully this will be a one game side step that tries to ride the success of the movie, but then more games like the last one will come out.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Steve_C

Weird. They re-invented the series (if you want to call it that) with the last game, and now they're completely backpedaling on all of that.

ThePelinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 55

#54  Edited By ThePelinal

I want more Nolan North Prince. :(

Entelechy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Entelechy

Here's another vote for "sad that they're not making a sequel to the 2008 reboot."

The 2008 PoP was the most under-rated game of last year. Mechanically, it managed to blend cut scene, QTE and regular gameplay in a seamless fashion and as a narrative it did a great job of foreshadowing its clever and dark ending.  Sure, people complained it was "too easy" but that's because they failed to realize that there is a significant tension between "fun" and "challenging" -- and if you have to err on one side or the other, fun is the way to go.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Tiwi

i like how the text in the titleis the exact same as the two thrones.
like Exactly no difference in color or texture at all

cmac2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By cmac2099

wow I didn't see that one coming. I figured it would be out next Christmas

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Dreamfall31

So it's not a sequel to the las PoP game???  I love that one!  I hope this does end up being a continuation of that one.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Pie

@Brad
Put a christmas hat on your dude

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By slyspider

Man a weird time to announce a game.

ohms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By ohms

Let's hope it's more like the original SoT, which was amazing. The 2 sequels were not really Prince of Persia enough.  Haven't played the most recent game.

Jordan Mechner wrote SoT as a prequel to the original PoP. Would be nice if the new game tied into the original game, and ends with him losing his memory, and ending up a beggar on the streets. 

Unlikely though, I know.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By ZenaxPure
@Rowr said:
" @MisuseOfLasers said:
" I'm disappointed it's not a sequel to the last game, especially considering the ending(s) they gave us. "
yeh wtf. "
I agree, like wow this news actually devastates me a bit. I will be honest last years PoP was the first I have ever played but I loved the game enough to "S" rank it and really wanted to know what would happen next. Sure the Plot wasn't super amazing or anything but I thought the ending was pretty crazy and to see where it picked up from there. 

Damn I am pretty sad at reading this.
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63  Edited By Skald
@RichLee: And then they went too far...
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#64  Edited By jacksukeru

I started reading this story and thought "Man the last Prince of Persia was pretty cool and all but I hated how the story was told, the "open world" mechanic and the ending. I might stop caring for this series entirely if it's just gonna build on that story from now on." 

So I was pleasantly surprised when I read they where going back to the sands of time storyline. Ok, I know that just forgetting about the last game and continuing with a story that ended up crazily convoluted (cause y'know, time travel) is, well...really lame. But I just can't help being more excited for this than I would be for a sequel to the last game. 

Edit: Also "Infinite lives and really tight checkpoints < Time rewinding potion"

vendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65  Edited By vendetta

Good, because the most recent POP game was garbage.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Lukeweizer

I only clicked because they asked so politely.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67  Edited By Skald
@AndrooD2 said:
" Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time redone in the style of the most recent PoP perhaps? "
I don't see how that would benefit anyone.
Duffyside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By Duffyside

I hope this doesn't mean we'll never get the sequel to last year's Prince of Persia. That'd be a bunch of crap, to leave us hanging like that.

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

This doesn't make a lick of sense. The developers clearly stated with Two Thrones that it was the end of the trilogy. The reboot surprised me that it happened (even though i kind of didn't care), but following a reboot of a series with a throwback of a series is nonsense

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By gunharp

I say they keep the new art direction and go back to the original prince from sands of time. I like the title forgotten sands...really sums up those 'baditude' sequels I never even bothered to play.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By Hector

Really looking forward to this.

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72  Edited By spacetrucking

Ubisoft's business logic baffles me. Why did they decide to make a PoP movie when the firstAssassin's Creed sold more copies than the entire PoP series combined ? And what is Disney doing here? Did they forget their own Prince of Persia franchise from all those years ago ? :/

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By TheHT

i thought they finished the sands storyline. i kinda don't wanna go back given how awesome the ending was. we'll see.

spacetrucking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By spacetrucking

Oh I just noticed that Harry Gregson-Williams is doing the music for this movie. Atleast the soundtrack will be awesome, right ?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Karmum

Honestly, I hope they go in a new direction. Maybe more of a gory PoP game?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, I was really excited until I read it's going back to The Sands of Time route. Not that I disliked The Sands of Time, but I preferred the direction of the new game. I also found The Sands of Time to be kind of overrated and in that game the Prince was so incredibly annoying. Whatever, as long as the Prince isn't as annoying as he was back then, I suppose I'll still look forward to it.

KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By KillaMaStA

so this is just like Street fighter. game to movie to game.

So this game will suck.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78  Edited By buzz_killington
ShaunM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShaunM

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time: The Movie: The Game?  Fantastic!  

But in all seriousness, despite it's gameplay I really enjoyed Prince of Persia 2008 and that cliffhanger at the end left me wanting more.  Hopefully the guys at Ubisoft haven't totally abandoned that series in favor of this project.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LiquidPrince

Oh my god WHAT?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By GreggD

I don't care what it's about, I'm just glad they're returning to the previous story arc.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#82  Edited By Red

I didn't like the last game, and this game looks to be nothing more than a bad movie tie-in.

mr_md

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mr_md

I thought the story wrapped up well enough in the first game - but such is the business of sequels.  If they have to revisit it, I want Yuri Lowenthal to voice The Prince again.  Oh, and at some point it has to say, AVOID SPIKY POLES.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#84  Edited By ImperiousRix

Fuuuuuuuuck, I really liked the last POP installment.  The way the Prince and Elika went back and forth, the simple but smooth platforming.  Something about that game really drew me in and I've been looking forward to a follow-up.

Yes, I loved the Sands of Time trilogy, but that arc has ended.  Bringing it back seems to be attempting to take advantage of the movie release, and that is just sad.

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DavidSnakes

All the expository dialog in that trailer....ughhhhhhhhhhhh

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Griddler

'effin ace.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I hope they get on to making a squeal to the new Prince of Persia though. I liked the Sands of Time story, but that story is done and I like where the new PoP series is going.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By teh_destroyer

Having clicked this all I got was a cliche walt disney trailer to a game I loved back in the day.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By brukaoru
@Rowr said:
" @MisuseOfLasers said:
" I'm disappointed it's not a sequel to the last game, especially considering the ending(s) they gave us. "
yeh wtf. "
Especially considering the Epilogue ending. Are they just going to abandon that storyline altogether? If so, that's another reason why that $10 was a waste for me. >:V

I don't understand why they would want to continue the Sands of Time storyline, that just needs to be left alone.

On another note, that movie trailer, I'm not sure what to think of it... The effects look good, but the storyline/dialogue seems kinda meh...
Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#90  Edited By Clbull
Tbh, I think they should leave the Sands of Time trilogy as it is. The Two Thrones kinda tied up all the loose ends and gave us a mediocre, but acceptable ending. Otherwise, if Ubisoft want to make a good game here, I think they should:

1) Not completely screw up the storyline. They didn't do badly with the Sands of Time series, but you can't be certain about if this game will follow the trend.
2) Add decent combat (Just copy and paste the combat system from Warrior Within, that seems to work perfectly fine. At least don't go back to the rubbish that was the Sands of Time combat system.)
3) Add more emphasis on platforming sections and boss battles.
4) NO CRAPPY GIMMICKS (And by 'crappy gimmicks', I don't mean time travel, but I do mean chariot races, Dahaka chase sections or even a Dark Prince. That was what ruined WW and TT in my honest opinion.)
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FunExplosions

They should copy the feel from The Sands of Time and make this game fluid, beautiful, and at-least mildly groundbreaking. It also wouldn't hurt if this game lasted twice as long as any of the previous entries.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By nick_verissimo

I honestly really don't care to play the upcoming game if it's not a sequel to the last iteration of the series.  Those characters had some actual depth to them, whereas the last generation trilogy never did anything for me story wise.  
And ya, I need to try and get through the epilogue soon...

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#93  Edited By killroycantkill

I really loved the last prince of persia, I'm only 1 trophy away from a platinum. But the news that the new one is not a sequal to that is really a bummer because now this means we won't see a sequal to that one for a while. Unless Ubisoft is working on more than one PoP.

popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By popmasterruler

Honestly my expectations for the film are low,especially after I saw the trailer.I hope that the game is better.It would be really cool if you get to play as the Prince's brother(he was implied in the Sands Of Time manual).But I don't know how they're going to do it,aside from  some minor loose ends The Two Thrones closed the trilogy air tight.Usually after three games franchises go bad so I hope that Ubisoft doesn't milk the trilogy for all it's worth.Personally I hope that it's either a console version of battles of prince of persia(the ds game),a remake of POP 3(basically Kindred Blades instead of The Two Thrones)or a side story where you play as either the prince's father or implied brother.

Nolan North's got nothing on me
Nolan North's got nothing on me

momosauky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By momosauky

god dammit ubisoft when you whore you're story trying to tie people in to by the next game finish the freakin story for once by far one of the worst companies for fan service

CrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CrazedJoker

This ain't no game.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Cybexx

So are they just abandoning the current storyline? Or are we going to get ' Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Nolan North Prince With The Watercolor Look ' in 2012? I mean they are kind of leaving us hanging. 

On the other hand, Sand of Time is easily  the best of the series and I do prefer Time Manipulation to the Elika mechanic, though I like Elika as a character, both serve the same purpose but you had more control with the Time Manipulation. It almost made it easier, since you only had to rewind yourself to before you lost control as opposed to the last solid ground you were on, which could be minutes away. Though I do truly believe they need Jordan Mechner in order to top Sands of Time.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By simian

Sands of Time ended with the 3rd installment. Whatever this abortion is I won't consider it cannon.
Ubisoft giveth (Assassins Creed 2, PoP 2008) and Ubisoft taketh away (Avatar:The Movie: The Game, This).

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By maxszy

The latest PoP flowed very well, was smooth, looked great but to me there just wasn't too much there. I never finished it, maybe I should give it a chance again but I don't know it just didn't do it for me. I enjoyed it fluidity and jumping through the air using the special colored pads looked and felt satisfying but that was about it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Branthog

For fuck's sake, can every franchise please stop putting out a new fucking title in that franchise every fucking year?! There is only so much time and the world doesn't really need "Blankity Blank 42" a few months after "Blankity Blank 41". Aaaagh.