super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By super_machine
@JJOR64 said:
" Lmfao.  GoNintendo made an article about this discussion.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=88085 "
LOL, this is something I've never seen. All this over an average FPS the likes that only would have impressed me five years ago.
gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By gormers
@Black_Rose said:
" So? We should we pay attention to that?
+1
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By c1337us

Their fanboys, what else is to be expected.

celljean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By celljean

Those nintendo fanboys are funny

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_A_Drain

People are idiots, especially nintendo fanboys. They are the absolute fucking worst in my experience. I'm a huge Nintendo fan btw, so i'm not just ragging on Nintendo here (hey, somebody's bound to say something like that)

The absolute whirlwind of rage that surrounded the 8.8 fiasco was utterly utterly the worst thing i've ever seen from videogame fans. More offensive than the PS3 Devil May Cry petition, stupider than anything else we've seen. And it was a fucking generous score in my opinion.

Now, I don't know about these fanboy freaks, but as poor as I am, I can afford more than one console each generation (although not all of them right away) and you just dont play FPS games on the Wii, i'm sorry, but you don't, it's like handicapping yourself, unless your a total retard why would you do that to yourself?! And honestly, the first Wii exclusive FPS was going to be made an example of in this fashion. You just do not do FPS games for the Wii. The control system might 'work' as in, you can play the game if you concentrate hard enough, but for anyone with access to more than one console you drop that shit like a stone and play an FPS on another console. And anyone who thinks points like that should be avoided when reviewing games is a moron, if you want to justify your purchasing decision by gleefully accepting a handicap, fine, but that's your decision.

And this isn't just Wii bashing, I mean, take strategy games for example, I don't care how good you thought Supcom or CnC 3 were, you just dont do them on consoles. No way no how. The controls might be adequate, much like The Conduit, but the answer is still no, you leave it on PC.

It's not Jeffs fault that the most popular genre of the modern age is handicapped on the Wii. It just is. Maybe if they had let him play it with a gamecube controller? (Scratch that if you can indeed do that) Also, from what I hear the story and voice acting are fucking dire, that can't have helped. And the gameplay sounds pretty average, that also can't have done the game any favors.

Edit: At GWX, didn't you say you hadn't even played the game yet? If so, STFU defending it. I'm a novice developer, and if the first game I put out was a piece of shit i'd feel even worse if someone was defending me on a forum, if they put out a pile of shit then they should be ashamed (or not care, and laughing at the money rolling in if the game is selling well) and up their effort for their next title. First game or not, it gets reviewed the same way a reviewer would look at any game, it would hardly be fair to sugarcoat your opinion because it's babies first game. That's complete bullshit, it's unfair on the people reading the review, and it's unfair on the developer who then thinks they've done a good job. You have to be brutally honest about how you feel when writing a review, it's just an opinion after all theres no excuse for people getting so up in arms about it. I know you aren't, but your taking leaps and strides to defend a game you havn't even played because it supposedly set 'standards for the genre', standards which are only lacking on the Wii. That doesn't make it good, it makes it late to the party at best.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By iamjohn

There is a reason why GoNintendo is blacklisted on NeoGAF.  This is it.

Actually it's because of their rumormongering, but this doesn't help matters.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Linkyshinks
@JJOR64 said:

You just have to lol at some of the idiotic comments posted in respect to this.

It's sad, really sad how some are whining over some generic **** drivel, which has only one redeeming feature in my eyes - the degree of it's customization in the controls. Everything else is laughably weak by today's standards in the genre. Have these fellow Nintendo fans not experienced recent games in the FPS genre?, because I really do wonder. 

The genre is a hot bed of new ideas right now, new exciting ideas which have worked well for the most part, that's because there's so much competition between developers currently. Some of these GoNintendo members seem totally oblivious, It has fuck all to do with the lack of HD graphics!, yet they still think our opinions are swayed by such a trivial things. : /

As a Wii owner, I would quite frankly prefer to experience the innovation I see on my 360, PS3 and PC in the FPS genre. Why on earth do I want to play a Wii game that looks and plays notably weaker and offers next to nothing that's new. Give me Half-Life over this crap any day. 

What's wrong here is HVS approach, not creating a FPS on Wii, but attempting to feebly mimic certain graphical effects we see commonly elsewhere. It's nonsensical. I personally don''t give a Bonobo  **** about graphics!, If HVS had put forward something akin to TimeSplitters I would jump at such a game without a seconds thought, because that's the mold they should be working from. Creating a core of great playability, and then building everything else around that. only after the gameplay mechanics are fine tuned.  HVS instead created an engine first and tried to showcase it with little application of thought to core gameplay and making the game seem fresh and new.

HVS really concern me, I have very little faith in them. The Conduit has fundamental flaws, and that was obvious to me from the very start!. I have been posting news stories on the game for a long while now, as some you will know, and I have consistently said there is no fucking way In hell will be buying this game. How do I come to such a conclusion having never played it?, well it's art is so bad I feel like I could vomit over my LCD tv if I ever put them game back in my Wii again/. It  pains me when I see such low quality and ill conception in this generation, it actually makes me very angry. 

HVS have a terrible art team, the standard of art in their games is truly laughable. Their recent fighter is a lovely example, you know, the one with a woman who has moves ripped out of a Kung Fu movie, lol...What would the Roman's think. That game looks liike another shocker..  If your going to make games on Wii, the quality of art is of paramount  importance, HVS fail miserably in both these games [ . ]

It's funny, because beforehand I really wanted the game to do well, but I have come to realize that I certainly don't want HVS to be flooding the console I love with games of this standard, even if their intentions are good and commendable, 

Sack the heart of the art team, sign up some young people with fresh ideas to harness, because what your showing me now as a mature Wii owner does not interest me in the fucking slightest. 

They seem so oblivious to what really needs to be done on Wii, or alternatively, they are controlled way too much by their paymasters in respect to what projects get the go ahead and how they are constraucted as a result. It could be said the reason why the Conuit looks so generic is because it aims to appeal to the widest audience possible. I 

The one sole cool game I have seen form them is Animales, that's the only one game of theirs that appeals to me.

As far as Go Nintendo are concerned, the fact someone has linked to this thread. speaks volumes. I will say very little on the matter - there are indeed some nice people there and I happily apply due respect, but boy are there some fucking sad and idiotic ones also. Such members give a terrible impression of loyal Nintendo fans. 

It's one person sole opinion, which has been backed up for the most part by the opinions of many others, get the fuck over it. Why should it concern you what one person thinks about the game, you say you like. If you find playing the game to be a good experience, good for you, disregard the opinion and move the fuck on.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By trophyhunter
@EpicSteve said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" I thought wii only owners were use to having shitty games "
BAM
"
high five
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By penguindust

I'm not one to usually comment concerning other sites, but these messages on the GoNintendo forum made me smile...and if you are a Giant Bomber who wrote this over there, shame on you!

totiredtothink@GoNintendo wrote: This guy and other so called hardcore never pick up a wii controller so their muscles are like a girly man. Wii Fit is the only game need to use because they would die from exhausation if they had to walk a mile.

coffeewithchess@GoNintendo wrote:I think that every reviewer for the game should HAVE to post a picture of their final game time on with DEATH COUNT for the single player.

But, in the end everyone has a right to their own opinion.  If these fans of the Conduit are so easily brought to rage at Jeff's review of the game, then all they need to do is check the web for some other review that they approve of and makes them feel good about themselves again.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Al3xand3r

Maybe you'll have some fun if you actually play it for a while Linky. And the opinions of t hose who do like the game have also been "backed up" by opinions of many other critics, even if we exclude Nintendo-related websites as I've said before. Just saying.

tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tovan
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheFreeMan
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Tovan51 said:
"@JJOR64 said:

That's pretty fucking low."

MY MIIIIIIND!!!!! o_o

Also, what the hell?, while they make the regular disclaimer that they aren't, they are in fact encouraging people to sign up here and 'defend' the game. What a load of bullshit, well, if people have nothing better to do then I guess a mod will ban them unless they keep it civil.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Al3xand3r

Can you read? He clearly says defend themselves (or show their agreement with/tolerance of what they are saying), not the game. After all, most of the bullshit here are about generalising gonintendo readers, fanboys, Wii owners, etc, rather than the game, and there's an equal share of absurd haters that turn this discussion into a Wii bashfest, but it's easy to ignore bullshit when they're against who you're "fighting" and only point out bullshit thrown against you, I suppose. Of course, people prefer smack talking others oblivious to the fact it's happening, but come on...

It's bad enough as it is, there's no need to twist it further to make a non-existent point... Yeah it's unprofessional, but um, that's what the whole website is, a blog of a few people (mainly one person) who got together and report ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is even slightly related to Nintendo, as much as I wish they did some quality control in their reports, but that's a story for another time... You care what they say about Jeff, they care about what you say about them. Duh?

Edit: Well OK Drain, then their inflamatory comments aren't aimed directly at you either, only to the haters that generalise everyone over there. If you're not a hater, then they don't mean you with their own generalisations, so you can feel free to move on as well... Somehow, I'm sure this thread will be still active, possibly revived for months to come, when their own topic about this will be long dead and buried in a day or two.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By JJOR64
@TheFreeMan said:
" @JJOR64 said:

This shit is just getting retarded now. "
I know.  Why can't they just look at other reviews for the game.  IGN gave it a 8.6.  Can't that score make them happy?
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Al3xand3r:

Themselves/The game, whats the difference? It's all still completely ludicrous, nothing needs 'defending' Those over ad GoNintendo who are acting in a civil manner don't even need to come over here to defend anything as they are likely intelligent enough to realise that they are not in the fanboy category people here are generalizing. Whereas those who are in that category aren't going to be here defending themselves or the game, they are just going to come on over here to bitch, whine and flame.

Edit: I am on painkillers at the moment, I could have sworn it said the game, I was wrong. My point still stands though, those who arent nintendo fanboys have nothing to 'defend' because they aren't fanboys and can probably contain themselves, if they even care what's being said over here. Whereas fanboys sent in this direction would just cause bloodshed.
theluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By theluma
@The_A_Drain:

Besides you are being completely civil right now....
What exactly is low here?

You making a thread  for no other reason than to bash a whole website and defend your favourite one. 

Or Gonintendo making a post about this thread.

Are you bothered someone told on you? Annoyed you can't go on bitching about others behind their backs?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_A_Drain
@theluma:

I didn't make this thread. Welcome to Giantbomb also.

And everything negative I have said specifically references the insane fanboys, of which you may/may not be one, I neither know nor care. All I do know is that most of them are incredibly volatile in my experience, I was simply stating my experience with them, and that anybody hoping for a high level FPS experience on the wii is going to be dissapointed, in my opinion. If you're not a loonatic fanboy, then my comments are not directed at you. I also never said anything bad about Go Nintendo, apart from being appalled at them feeling the need to send users over to 'defend' anything. Especially given the potential for fanboy rage that might result.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By JJOR64
@theluma said:
" @The_A_Drain:

Besides you are being completely civil right now....
What exactly is low here?

You making a thread  for no other reason than to bash a whole website and defend your favourite one. 

Or Gonintendo making a post about this thread.

Are you bothered someone told on you? Annoyed you can't go on bitching about others behind their backs?

"
We don't hate GoNintendo at all, it's just the stupid fanboy users over there.  I'm also a member at GoNintendo and I don't start fanboyish threads.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By super_machine

Can't we all just get along? Here this random, bat shit crazy photo should break the ice.

No Caption Provided

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The_A_Drain
@JJOR64:

Precisely, I mean we have enough fanboys here as it is, we don't need more flying over here in a barbarian rage. Noone here (Well, that would be lying, some people here are, but like I said some users are fanboys and some are immature/idiots etc, everywhere has at least some of them, here is no different) is hating directly on GoNintendo, just the fanboy users.
InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By InFamous91
@super_machine:

lol this should break the ice
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By iamjohn
@PeasForFees said:
"4. Is the most famous games journalist, Ever"
I beg to differ.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#78  Edited By flaminghobo
@Nasar7 said:
" @Stang: 

Q_Mulative says:

"Fail occurs only 30 seconds into the vid. It's pretty much established that The Conduit is the best FPS you'll see across all three systems, period. Until you can stick a single player campaign onto Team Fortress 2 and give it Wii remote aiming, the Conduit will remain this generation's best shooter hands down."

LMAO!!

"
What a douchebag.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By iamjohn
@PeasForFees said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @PeasForFees said:
I beg to differ.
"
who then? "
I'd say probably Adam Sessler or Geoff Keighley.  You know, cuz of the TV exposure and whatnot.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JJOR64
@iAmJohn said:
" @PeasForFees said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @PeasForFees said:
I beg to differ.
"
who then? "
I'd say probably Adam Sessler or Geoff Keighley.  You know, cuz of the TV exposure and whatnot.
"
Yeah, that's true.  Adam Sessler is damn good IMO.
InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By InFamous91
@JJOR64 said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @PeasForFees said:
" @iAmJohn said:
" @PeasForFees said:
I beg to differ.
"
who then? "
"
Yeah, that's true.  Adam Sessler is damn good IMO. "
Adam Sessler is the most respected journalist in this industry, well in my opinion.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By get2sammyb

Nintendo fanboys are kinda the worst.

EDIT: I say Gerstmann is the most famous video games journo. There's no "mainstream" journo's in this industry, TV exposure or not. This is a specialist industry where if you take the time to know one particular journo, chances are you know quite a few of the "main" ones.

Gerstmann is pretty massive in the specialist industry. I'd argue 95% of the initial sign ups to GiantBomb.com were because of Gerstmann. There were like 20,000 people if I remember.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By teptom

Wow, this stupid thing has gone on way longer than it should have.

theluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By theluma
@The_A_Drain:

This thread annoys because of it's completely uncalled for and unnecessary provocative nature. I don't really care about the Conduit, there are plenty of other games I enjoy playing on my Wii. What does bother me is the horrifically hypocritical attitude that is being displayed in this thread. Now you actually seem to have one of the more sensible views here but you really have to step back a moment and look at thread in a summary from a Gonintendo user's point of view.

Post 1: Hahahaha everyone look at this stupid site that covers something I obviously live to hate. They are defending a game I automatically don't want to like. They also insulted my hero. Aren't they so stupid? Aren't they? Aren't they?!?!

Post 2: Yeah Nintendo Fanboys are so stupid. It is obvious that Nintendo sucks and that Sony/Microsoft are so much better. I am a Sony/Microsoft fanboy so obviously an Nintendo fanboy is an idiot.

Post 3: Yeah Gonintendo is such a stupid site. Every single person that goes there is a complete dumbass that is unable to judge anything rationally.

Post 4: This site is so much better than Gonintendo! I know this because I go on Gonintendo so much because I hate Nintendo and like to annoy people who don't! I also like going on on anime forums and telling them how much better the Simpsons is than any anime.

Post 5: OMG. Somehow I was on Gonintendo even though I think everyone there is an idiot and look! They are trying to start a war with us! How rude! Why, this thread is only a bunch of unrational fools genralizing their entire userbase just for the sake of hating something in a big stupid group. How dare they tell on us and encourage their users to go and defend themselves in a civil way.

Post 6: That is just so low. What kind of bunch of fools would intentionally attack another site just for the sake of it? They try to seem like they are just letting their users know about us secretely slagging them all of for fun and insulting the site's credibility but in reality they are just low-life provokers. Obviously

Now I'm not saying everyone in this thread is behaving like this. But the majority is. Stop acting like complete idiots please.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By get2sammyb
@theluma: You cannot generalise an entire community of over 20,000 people (I forget the current numbers) with 6 posts, just like we can't generalise a Nintendo community with a few posts.

I do see where you're coming from but I think you're exaggerating a tad in your summary.

I could totally do the same to some of the GoNintendo posts. But there's really no point at all. Some people like The Conduit, some people don't. That's it.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By The_A_Drain
@theluma:

Wow, I don't know but those are some tinted goggles if that's what you read from the first page.

Let's see now, the OP stated factually and without opinion that GoNintendo posts Nintendo news and etc, then stated he agrees with Jeff about the conduit, then stated he doesn't think Wii users are craving FPS games. Fine from my point of view even though it's a block of text. He does then state that Nintendo fanboys are like little kids, and hates on them a little, but in my experience this is a logical thing to say, and again, references insane fanboys only, if you aren't one, you have nothing to worry about.

The next post simply states there are a lot of fanboys at the links location, which is true.

The next guy even stated it was an interesting read, and that some people in the thread were not being irrational volatile fanboys, and goes on to state a logical and non offensive opinion about the games online functionality.

The next guy calls out someone who said something stupid (I don't think anyone would argue against that, like the game or not The Conduit certainly isnt the best FPS ever)

The next guy stated something that could possibly be taken as offensive and generalised.

The next guy even asked why anybody cares at all, and then goes on to rib fanboys a little for their grammer (again, i'm sure you don't like the fanboys over at GoNintendo anymore than we like the ones we have here, so it's hardly all that bad)

So either you need a change of glasses, or you didn't read the first page of the thread.

Yes, some people are making stupid, offensive and generalistic comments, welcome to the internet, i'm sure you have people doing exactly the same thing at GoNintendo and i'm aure you dislike those people much the same. I don't see what hubbub is all about.

Fanboys are dicks, we can all make fun of them and have a good laugh, and the only people who need be offended are fanboys. Sounds fair to me.
dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#89  Edited By dietmango

And I thought Sony and Microsoft fanboys were bad...Nintendo fanboys are much worse.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yea, just to mirror some of the above, I certainly don't dislike GoNintendo and it's readership, I have a few friends there and I use the site myself as a resource for breaking news. What I do dislike however, is a small fraction of members, these members I talk of are happy close their eyes and minds to certain undeniable truths in defence of anything Nintendo related. Such members on any forum sicken me to the fucking core.

InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By InFamous91
@Linkyshinks said:
" Yea, just to mirror some of the above, I certainly don't dislike GoNintendo and it's readership, I have a few friends there and I use the site myself as a resource for breaking news. What I do dislike however, is a small fraction of members, these members I talk of are happy close their eyes and minds to certain undeniable truths in defence of anything Nintendo related. Such members on any forum sicken me to the fucking core.

"
totally agree......i, also use the site for Nintendo updates
theluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By theluma
@The_A_Drain:

I wasn't talking about the ACTUAL posts #1,2,3,4 etc.

I was just summarising the vibe I was getting throughout the thread. The post numbers are symbolic of perhaps 10 posts each.

I'm going after the people in this thread that are slagging Gonintendo as a site and community whilst also implying that Giant Bomb does not have fanboy issues as well. I think these people are precisely the sort of users some of you more sensible people on here would happily get rid of. Ironically, a lot of these people are what I like to think of as anti-fanboys. In other words, instead of loving everything about one console, they are more focused on hating on another and on anyone who supports it. They should speak for themselves really, as I can see that the Giant Bomb community is not all like this. I just don't think this thread is something to be particularly proud of if you are a long-time sensible Giant Bomb user. 

I am only speaking to those who have acted like ignorant and arrogant twats in this thread.

Hell though, it got me to sign up here so who knows, I might check out the rest of the forums for more of you sensible people.

Lucky you.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By The_A_Drain
@theluma:

Well, my point was that there are a large number of people here who either don't really mind, couldn't care less if they tried, or just hate fanboys. I took a quick glance over some of the comments at GoNintendo and picked up mostly the same vibe, a lot of people just don't care, or would rather not have a flamewar, etc etc, but every few posts theres an idiotic fanboy post.

Like I said in the previous posts, everywhere has at least an equal share of fanboys, and if people are generalising that a Nintendo fansite might have a few more than average, well that might just be somewhat logical whether true or false. And as I also said, i'm sure you'd like to rid yourself of your own fanboys just as much as we would, but neither of us can, so why not just ignore them?

I mean, I knew that level headed users probably wouldnt care, and that fanboys would just post fanboy comments, so I hadn't even looked at the GoNintendo article until a moment ago (well, it's comments anyway) and it's much the same as this thread tbh, no more or less stupid comments/haters/fanboys/etc. Both sides fanboys are blowing this entirely out of proportion (as always with everything that happens ever) and everyone really doesn't seem to mind/care. So, there's not really much to argue about lol, welcome to GB if you decide to stay you'll encounter much of the same, some fanboys, some idiots, some level headed people, and some all rounders. Just like anywhere else on the internet, except here we have the entertaining antics of Jeff Gerstmann and the rest of the crew. Which obviously makes us the best place on the internet ;)
theluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By theluma
@The_A_Drain:

Yeah I've been listening to the Bombcast for a while now, and it is pretty funny. So is the Gonintendo podcast mind you.

And yeah there are plenty of fanboys at Gonintendo too, as well as a lot of people who don't like Nintendo but still post there to start a fight :\

Funny thing is, after all this I still don't know whether to buy the Conduit or not :L 
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By The_A_Drain
@theluma:

By now i've figured your from Europe, and this is just me, but I bought One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 instead, it was much cheaper, I was looking forward to it more, and you get to lourd it over the US because it's not seeing a release there (weirdly.. or at least it's not yet) It's pretty good, it's relaxing, fun, simple and you can spend a lot of time on it. Although it has a similar "Find X things before you can continue the storyline" thing to what Wario Land had, although it's items not coins. But it's nowhere near as bad with it as Wario was.

I have no interest in The Conduit, but then I don't play my wii that much, I only have like 15 games for it.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#96  Edited By dbz1995
@TheFreeMan said:
" A pretty fair amount of people in the comments section actually agree/are defending Jeff. "
Isnt it just one guy? Just saying loadsa comm ents?
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By gearhead

Remember, these are the same people probably who sent Jeff death threats because of the 'low' score for Twilight Princess. 

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheFreeMan
@dbz1995 said:
" @TheFreeMan said:
" A pretty fair amount of people in the comments section actually agree/are defending Jeff. "
Isnt it just one guy? Just saying loadsa comm ents? "
Well, there is one guy saying a lot, and then there's others supporting.
celljean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By celljean

Those fanboys

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#100  Edited By dbz1995
@theluma said:
" @The_A_Drain:

I wasn't talking about the ACTUAL posts #1,2,3,4 etc.

I was just summarising the vibe I was getting throughout the thread. The post numbers are symbolic of perhaps 10 posts each.

I'm going after the people in this thread that are slagging Gonintendo as a site and community whilst also implying that Giant Bomb does not have fanboy issues as well. I think these people are precisely the sort of users some of you more sensible people on here would happily get rid of. Ironically, a lot of these people are what I like to think of as anti-fanboys. In other words, instead of loving everything about one console, they are more focused on hating on another and on anyone who supports it. They should speak for themselves really, as I can see that the Giant Bomb community is not all like this. I just don't think this thread is something to be particularly proud of if you are a long-time sensible Giant Bomb user. 

I am only speaking to those who have acted like ignorant and arrogant twats in this thread.

Hell though, it got me to sign up here so who knows, I might check out the rest of the forums for more of you sensible people.

Lucky you.
"
This argument is intriguing to me. In my opinion, though, Jeff Gerstmann makes up valid points about the game. If he didnt like the controls; fair enough, he didnt. I didnt like the controls myself, and I still dont. What has really annoyed me on that thread is the fact that loads of people are saying stuff which actuall isnt true. Everything we are saying here is our opinion or are facts.

IMO, I think that GoNintendo would not be a great place to get your Nintendo reviews. In fact, I dont think any site that focuses ridiculously on one console should be acknowledged for their reviews. I used to go onto GoNintendo-although my reviews were from Gamespot. Gonintendo would always give a score around half a level higher than what Gamespot had given. In fact, I dont get my reviews from Giantbomb either-there arent enough and the five star rating may not be good enough. To make sure everything you get is right, you have to have your mix. GoNintendo is great for news regarding Nintendo-how else would they know of this thread? Giantbomb have their weekly and weekday shows (Endurance Run comes to mind), IGN have great reviewing teams and they do loads of games fast. Gamespot have a number of small tabs, such as the Critic Score (which I think is dead Useful) and the cheap price thing.

I dont think we really have fanboyism as much as liking the reviewers for their witty comments and interesting conversations.