theluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By theluma
@Gearhead:

To be fair it was a pretty low score compared ot what it was gettin elsewhere. Then again if you aks me TP is in top 5 best gmaes ever so I guess I'm a bit biased.

@The_A_Drain:

Well it's a still a rarity that the EU gets favoured in terms of games releases. 

And I'll probably pick up the Conduit at some point, really like the look of the MP.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By The_A_Drain
@theluma:

I will warn you though, unless your a One Piece fan, you probably wont know wtf is going on if you get Unlimited Cruise.
bertmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By bertmasta

is one game worth this much fuss?

correction. one review of one game :S 
The bottom line is Jeff didnt like the game so he gave it 2 stars. deal with it, whining aint gonna do anything.
If you dont like the review go and see something that conforms to your pre conceived notion of a game, in fact if you love the game so much why the fuck are you readinng a review for it. Jesus Christ  :P
and no this is directed at no one just a general comment
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By Diamond
@theluma said:
And I'll probably pick up the Conduit at some point, really like the look of the MP.
Might want to check out some of the other threads here about the MP.  Personally I've had tons of connection problems with the game, and now there are hacks/cheats out in the wild.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#106  Edited By Claude
@Diamond said:
" @theluma said:
Might want to check out some of the other threads here about the MP.  Personally I've had tons of connection problems with the game, and now there are hacks/cheats out in the wild. "
I was reading the Gamefaqs forums and a guy from High Voltage posted that they could start banning people for hacking/cheating.

HVSTony

Here's what he said.

Things are still early guys, but getting better. There are posts starting up all over the internet about the new banning as of July 2nd :) Keep playing and having fun. I was on a bit tonight and was amazed on how good you guys have gotten. I was barely able to hold my own lol

At least, they put themselves in the mix. He did make fun of Jeff.

lol. He had no idea you can customize the controls. Review=FAIL Here's a link to the thread. It's about Jeff's review.

I think HVSTony is trying to hard to be cool and did not read the review. He might be a cheerleader, no confirmation.

By the way, I love my Wii.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

the game sounds like, looks like, and probably is a last generation fps with motion controls

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Claude said:
" @Diamond said:
" @theluma said:
Might want to check out some of the other threads here about the MP.  Personally I've had tons of connection problems with the game, and now there are hacks/cheats out in the wild. "
I was reading the Gamefaqs forums and a guy from High Voltage posted that they could start banning people for hacking/cheating.

HVSTony

Here's what he said.

Things are still early guys, but getting better. There are posts starting up all over the internet about the new banning as of July 2nd :) Keep playing and having fun. I was on a bit tonight and was amazed on how good you guys have gotten. I was barely able to hold my own lol

At least, they put themselves in the mix. He did make fun of Jeff.

lol. He had no idea you can customize the controls. Review=FAIL Here's a link to the thread. It's about Jeff's review.

I think HVSTony is trying to hard to be cool and did not read the review. He might be a cheerleader, no confirmation.

By the way, I love my Wii.

"

Definitely, but then most of these viral PR people will do such things in order to initiate a sway in opinion.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#109  Edited By DanielJW

I don't know why people have been saying nobody is in the position to want an FPS for the Wii, I know I am, and I will be buying this game when the money comes my way. I just don't have a desire to play my 360 or PS3, I prefer my Wii. Anyways awesome that theres an FPS I can buy now :D.  

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Azteck

I think it's really sad that they reacted in this fashion, it really brings a bad look to the Nintendo fans. Of course, all fanboys are rabid maniacs, it's scientifically proven.

Some of these comments are just mad, like the guy saying "it's the best shooter out of all consoles" is plain madness. I haven't played the game first hand but from what I have seen, it isn't good. I've seen this game surpassed time, over time, over time. People need to stop defending this piece of shit, or if they do enjoy it, they need to stop bitching on reviewers for not liking it and play their game.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By NickL
 nintendo fanboy said:
"Cause they don't spend enough time with the game. He doesn't even talk about how long to beat the single player mode, so I'm guessing he played a little bit of the first 2 levels, jumped online for a little bit, and wrote the review."

i lol'd at this, considered the giantbomb crew is very big on finishing games before they review them
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Claude
@NickL said:
"  nintendo fanboy said:
"Cause they don't spend enough time with the game. He doesn't even talk about how long to beat the single player mode, so I'm guessing he played a little bit of the first 2 levels, jumped online for a little bit, and wrote the review."

i lol'd at this, considered the giantbomb crew is very big on finishing games before they review them
"
I believe Jeff gave it his full attention. One has to remember, Jeff is a gamer and an enthusiast press reviewer, but he's played a shit load of games in his life. I felt his review reflected well on how he felt about the game as a game and not the console.

I would like to say, some people find the Wii controls... no matter the customization, strange. I have found that many people have a wide variety of reactions when playing on the Wii. I played Tiger Woods 08 like a pro, my nephew on the other hand had phantom swings which we could not figure out. Strange.

Personally, once I got the Wii remote and Nunchuk in my hand it was freedom, no longer were my hands strapped to a gamepad when wanting to play on my TV and a console. I still enjoy my gamepad and 360, but the joys of IR and Motion bring me diversity.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113  Edited By Absurd
@Nasar7 said:
" @Stang: 

Q_Mulative says:

"Fail occurs only 30 seconds into the vid. It's pretty much established that The Conduit is the best FPS you'll see across all three systems, period. Until you can stick a single player campaign onto Team Fortress 2 and give it Wii remote aiming, the Conduit will remain this generation's best shooter hands down."

LMAO!!

"
LOL? This guy is joking right?
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By gearhead

I'm just annoyed the Go Nintendo would direct their fans to this simple forum. They say be nice, but still, that's just immature, as only a few Giant Bomb users went into their topic.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Linkyshinks

"Fail occurs only 30 seconds into the vid. It's pretty much established that The Conduit is the best FPS you'll see across all three systems, period. Until you can stick a single player campaign onto Team Fortress 2 and give it Wii remote aiming, the Conduit will remain this generation's best shooter hands down."

Lawls. It really does beg belief!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Claude
@Linkyshinks said:
"
Lawls. It really does beg belief! "
That is funny, but I would like to see a Team Fortress 2 game for the Wii. I would not have to talk and still have the ability to contribute. I have dreams.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#117  Edited By DarkGamerOO7
The following is from the site the OP gave....

======================================================================

Q_Mulative
July 2, 2009 at 5:59 pm

=======================================================================

.........I think this one speaks for itself.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Claude said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
"
That is funny, but I would like to see a Team Fortress 2 game for the Wii. I would not have to talk and still have the ability to contribute. I have dreams. "

I would be happy with anything from Valve on Wii :)

They have actually expressed some love for the platform before, saying their wives and kids play it, and they would like to create a game for them one day : /

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Claude
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Claude said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
"
That is funny, but I would like to see a Team Fortress 2 game for the Wii. I would not have to talk and still have the ability to contribute. I have dreams. "
I would be happy with anything from Valve on Wii :)They have actually expressed some love for the platform  before, saying their wives and kids play it : / "
Could you imagine the Steam Channel? PopCap, other independents and some valve games. Darwinia would work on the Wii. That would be great. Again, I dream.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Al3xand3r

Darwinia and DEFCON would be a good idea to re-release on WiiWare actually, they're tiny in file size, look nice, and use mostly pointer functions and very few hotkeys... Introversion should consider it for some extra cash, I hear they're in a bind.

Popcap have announced plans for Wii specific games.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Claude said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" @Claude said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
"
I would be happy with anything from Valve on Wii :)They have actually expressed some love for the platform  before, saying their wives and kids play it : / "
Could you imagine the Steam Channel? PopCap, other independents and some valve games. Darwinia would work on the Wii. That would be great. Again, I dream. "

More of a fantasy given WiiWare existence, and it's maximum file size restrictions.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Al3xand3r

Darwinia is something like 40mb installed, if I remember right (I don't have it installed atm). Popcap games are small also. As for Valve games, well, I imagine he meant disc releases of those, but a channel could provide some sort of interactivity, like their own friends system or whatever. Still a fantasy of course, but oh well, plenty of other indies are making Wii games, and Popcap did announce they'll make titles for it, though WIiWare or retail they didn't say, but I'm leaning toward the former given the company's nature.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Claude
@Al3xand3r said:
" Darwinia and DEFCON would be a good idea to re-release on WiiWare actually, they're tiny in file size, look nice, and use mostly pointer functions and very few hotkeys... Introversion should consider it for some extra cash, I hear they're in a bind.Popcap have announced plans for Wii specific games. "
That's what I'm talking about. Those games are small, but large in gameplay and would work well with the Wii. I'm still waiting for my Peggle fix on the Wii. Throw some motion in with Peggle and you got yourself a purified winner, almost like pinball.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By oldschool

I could care less what GB users think of GoNintendo users and vice versa.  GB has its fair share of fanboys, so this site is no better than GoNintendo.  I have no interest in The Conduit, and I think Jeff is a terrible journalist who I never waste my time reading, so it is a perfect storm of me not caring about the game or the writer.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Claude
@oldschool said:
" I could care less what GB users think of GoNintendo users and vice versa.  GB has its fair share of fanboys, so this site is no better than GoNintendo.  I have no interest in The Conduit, and I think Jeff is a terrible journalist who I never waste my time reading, so it is a perfect storm of me not caring about the game or the writer. "
If you don't read, how do you know? Did you quit some time ago? What? Maybe he's gotten better.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
" I could care less what GB users think of GoNintendo users and vice versa.  GB has its fair share of fanboys, so this site is no better than GoNintendo.  I have no interest in The Conduit, and I think Jeff is a terrible journalist who I never waste my time reading, so it is a perfect storm of me not caring about the game or the writer. "
If you don't read, how do you know? Did you quit some time ago? What? Maybe he's gotten better. "
I did read when I first came here and Jeff simply isn't my cup of tea.  I had never heard of him prior to the GS incident and certainly didn't come here because of him.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Claude
@oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
If you don't read, how do you know? Did you quit some time ago? What? Maybe he's gotten better. "
I did read when I first came here and Jeff simply isn't my cup of tea.  I had never heard of him prior to the GS incident and certainly didn't come here because of him. "
You should still read his review. I don't like shooters that much, and I don't prefer them on a dual analog gamepad. I'm a PC pussy "sweet" when it comes to shooters. I'm sure I will play The Conduit down the road much like I did with Metal of Honor Heroes 2.. You know... to form an opinion.

Press is good... any press is good.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
I did read when I first came here and Jeff simply isn't my cup of tea.  I had never heard of him prior to the GS incident and certainly didn't come here because of him. "
You should still read his review. I don't like shooters that much, and I don't prefer them on a dual analog gamepad. I'm a PC pussy "sweet" when it comes to shooters. I'm sure I will play The Conduit down the road much like I did with Metal of Honor Heroes 2.. You know... to form an opinion.Press is good... any press is good. "
To be honest, I rarely read any reviews.  I don't care for other people's views on such a subjective issue.  The only things I care about in a review are technical issues that will ruin a game.  Jeff's anti-Wii attitude means I would get that information elsewhere.

I also agree that shooting works better with the Wiimote though (for me that is).  BW2, RE4, RE:UC, MPC - I really enjoyed them because of the Wiimote.
Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Reuben

Some of the people's reply's are really funny, It's funny to see how people react when they're mad. I love the internet! haha

ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#130  Edited By ryno9881
@Scooper: LOL. that guy is hilarious
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Claude
@oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
You should still read his review. I don't like shooters that much, and I don't prefer them on a dual analog gamepad. I'm a PC pussy "sweet" when it comes to shooters. I'm sure I will play The Conduit down the road much like I did with Metal of Honor Heroes 2.. You know... to form an opinion.Press is good... any press is good. "
To be honest, I rarely read any reviews.  I don't care for other people's views on such a subjective issue.  The only things I care about in a review are technical issues that will ruin a game.  Jeff's anti-Wii attitude means I would get that information elsewhere.

I also agree that shooting works better with the Wiimote though (for me that is).  BW2, RE4, RE:UC, MPC - I really enjoyed them because of the Wiimote.
"
Resident Evil 4 was a dream come true. I could not finish the Gamecube version, because of frustration, but my Wii saved the day. Plus, the PS2 Ada missions.

I played Bully on my PS2, but I liked it so much I bought the Wii version, it was an awesome experience. The boxing alone was... was... better than Wii Sports boxing.

I want more Rockstar on the Wii. Please!

Where was I...?

Oh yeah, have fun.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:

"
Resident Evil 4 was a dream come true. I could not finish the Gamecube version, because of frustration, but my Wii saved the day. Plus, the PS2 Ada missions.I played Bully on my PS2, but I liked it so much I bought the Wii version, it was an awesome experience. The boxing alone was... was... better than Wii Sports boxing. I want more Rockstar on the Wii. Please!Where was I...?Oh yeah, have fun. "
Don't worry Claude, we all tend to ramble when we get old  :-)  I also got Bully forthe Wii and enjoyed that as well.  As for RE, 4 on the Wii was the first time I have enjoyed a RE game and it sold it forme with getting RE:UC.  Thing is, now I look at anything RE for the Wii and assume I will get it (although I will check out reviews [not here] for Archives to see how it controls].

.... and I am having fun ....... atm on Viva Pinata on the 360  :-)
Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Godwind
I own the conduit and I confirm this game sucks donkey balls.  Then again, I have been accused of being a MS/Sony fanboy when I only own a Wii of the current generation games.

@Claude
said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:
" @Claude said:
" @oldschool said:

"
Resident Evil 4 was a dream come true. I could not finish the Gamecube version, because of frustration, but my Wii saved the day. Plus, the PS2 Ada missions.I played Bully on my PS2, but I liked it so much I bought the Wii version, it was an awesome experience. The boxing alone was... was... better than Wii Sports boxing. I want more Rockstar on the Wii. Please!Where was I...?Oh yeah, have fun. "
I liked Bully on the Wii as well.  I thought Bully overall is better than Grand Theft Auto.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By iam3green

it is great. i enjoy reading fanboys comments because a lot of times they are wrong or something is different about it. people think ps3 is better because it has bluray which hold more data so it means better graphics, it would be wrong because data doesn't mean anything it's the hardware that is everything.  silly fanboys. i have read that a lot of times in other places.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldschool: I honestly thought that the way Jeff presented his opinion and explained his points were very fair. Probably one of his best presented video reviews too. I'm sorry you dislike him. :(
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#136  Edited By jonnyboy

I hate to say it but the spelling, bad grammar, basis and justification for some of those arguments is just extending my prejudice that the wii is seemingly used by and defended by children. I bought one, played Mario galaxy on it, finished mario galaxy 100%, loved mario galaxy 100%, never touched the wii again. Now my 5 year old son plays it occasionally.

I personally belive this is a testament to Nintendo's marketing department. Treat it like a toy, parents will buy it for kids. However that does mean when a game like the conduit comes out it's gonna have a hard time when it comes to reviewing.

Personally have to admit, although I've had all Nintendo consoles exept the Gamecube, I've not been a fan since the Game Boy Colour. I used to work in EB, decided to buy a GBC as I would get a discount, bought it, but when it came to buying a game for it, of the hundreds of games we had there was only one without a cartoon caracter on the box with big googly eyes, or some kind of talking animal in-game. So I bought that game, it was Grand Theft Auto.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By oldschool
@Agnogenic said:
" @oldschool: I honestly thought that the way Jeff presented his opinion and explained his points were very fair. Probably one of his best presented video reviews too. I'm sorry you dislike him. :( "
Hey, don't see it personally.  We all have diiferent views because we we all have different different means of absorbing and differentiating.  It isn't so much that I dislike hime - I don't know him.  However, I do dislike the internet personality he has cultivated for himself.  It just fit my need for what I consider to be fair and balanced.
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Stang said:
"Loved the one dude that said The Conduit was the best fps on any current console. That guy gets the honorary douche bag award."

Honorary douche bag?

Are some people naturally born douche bags?
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By The_A_Drain

Wow this thread still going? Dayum.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By dbz1995
@theluma said:
" @Gearhead:

To be fair it was a pretty low score compared ot what it was gettin elsewhere. Then again if you aks me TP is in top 5 best gmaes ever so I guess I'm a bit biased.

@The_A_Drain:

Well it's a still a rarity that the EU gets favoured in terms of games releases. 

"
Didnt Gamespot give them a 5.0? Which is probably worse, considering the fact that Giantbomb are pretty harsh markers and the fact that they only have a five star rating system (5 would be 2.5 stars; cinsidering the fact that they cant give a game that, they probably gave it a two, as a three is still what is regarded as a 'fun' game, just not amazingly fun)
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By dbz1995

Also, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand would probably have been given 2 stars outta 5 if not 1 if it wasnt so f'ing hilarious.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#142  Edited By TheJollyRajah
@oldschool said:
Jeff didn't become the most famous video game internet-journalist for nothing, oldschool.  His reputation is based on over a decade of professional video game journalism writing for Gamespot; which, before he was fired, was the most trusted video gaming website. He was one of the journalists who helped build Gamespot's former reputation. 

When Jeff was laid off, there was a massive uproar among the Gamespot community, and Gamespot's reputation PLUMMETED. Really, if Jeff wrote crap, there wouldn't be GiantBomb, and Gamestop would've never reached the peak it did back in it's glory days.

I mean, I can respect someone if they say they dislike Jeff's reviews, but to say that he's a crappy journalist is just ignorant.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By oldschool
@TheJollyRajah said:
" @oldschool said:
Jeff didn't become the most famous video game internet-journalist for nothing, oldschool.  His reputation is based on over a decade of professional video game journalism writing for Gamespot; which, before he was fired, was the most trusted video gaming website. He was one of the journalists who helped build Gamespot's former reputation. 

When Jeff was laid off, there was a massive uproar among the Gamespot community, and Gamespot's reputation PLUMMETED. Really, if Jeff wrote crap, there wouldn't be GiantBomb, and Gamestop would've never reached the peak it did back in it's glory days.

I mean, I can respect someone if they say they dislike Jeff's reviews, but to say that he's a crappy journalist is just ignorant."
I think you place way too much stock on Jeff.  Gamespot did him a favour, and I am sure the truth about what happened is a lot less cool than the rumour.  If you like him, that's good, but from where I read, everything I wasted my time on was crap and I don't intend to waste any more of my time reading anything more.  Journalism and Jeff are not two words I would use in a sentence.  

It isn't ignorant, it is just my personal opinion, just as is Jeff's work, which he is entitled to.  I am eternally surprised by the Jeff Defence Group, but perhaps I shouldn't be.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#144  Edited By OmegaPirate
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @Stang said:
"Loved the one dude that said The Conduit was the best fps on any current console. That guy gets the honorary douche bag award."
Honorary douche bag?Are some people naturally born douche bags? "
not quite - from an early age a child is rated on a douchebaggery scale of 1-5 and if potential is seen they are sent to a douchebacg uni in seattle :- check attatched flyer

No Caption Provided
Then successful applicant end up like the infamous " mr 4 popped collars" douchebag here

No Caption Provided

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Linkyshinks
@TheJollyRajah said:
 Gamespot; which, before he was fired, was the most trusted video gaming website. 

I have to disagree entirely with this statement :)

On the rest, I do see how Oldschool has formulated this opinion over the months, it's been perfecty clear for me to see, and I do understand it fully, His responses to what he's read and seen around this forum are natural given the circumstances. But at the same time, I do feel he has formed such opinions a touch too quickly, and may have made assumptions about Jeff's overall take on all things Nintendo right now.  - To get to the crux of the issue ;). 

I also know for a fact they both have vastly tastes in games, and I'm sure that plays a slight role also. Oldchool adores JRPGs, while Jeff on the other hand likes FPS's and fighting games, like I myself do. Anyway, the fact of the matter is, Oldschool hasn't seen anything on this site that puts Jeff in a good light as far as his professional role, in his eyes. Oldschool comes here primarily for Nintendo related topics, and when he comes here he sees consistent negative articles is respect to Nintendo. I see it that way myself, sometime such articles are perfectly justified, and I myself welcome them whole heatedly. However, despite so many negative that are already well documented, their lies a load of positives elsewhere, yet there is very little focus on that here on this site from the staff. it's almost seems as though it's more cool to be negative in respect to anything Nintendo related here.

Somany cool looking games on Wii are going totally unnoticed here, and the Nintendo readership will naturally ask why. The answer is simple, none of the team are being paid to focus on any specific platform, they can freely follow all that interests them. I can fully understand them wanting to work this wa, freedom is fucking awesome. The thing is, at the same time they need to realise a void must be filled one way or the other, otherwise a fraction of members they have helped to cultivate, will get rilled up, rightly or wrongly.

This site is different, many still need to realize that, Oldschool too, as I've said to him before. Just because the team wish to follow stories that intersts them as indvidual gamers doesn't concern Nintendo Wii and DS, doesn't mean there's some nonsense conspiracy or terrible journalism at work here. It''s honest frank opinion on all that interest them as gamers. Certain members on this site that get riled up continually are starting to piss me off, they seem totally oblivious to this. If they dont like how the staff focus on certain on platorms, fuck off and go elsewhere. Alternatively, if you understand how great a resource this site can be through the contribution of it's readership, something this site is siad to focus on, stick around and provide your input, respectfully!.

Ultimately, what's needed here is more balance, there's very little of it currently. Very rarely is anything of interest to Nintendo fans covered officially on this site. As a prime example, a couple of months back, 360 and PS3 releases were in a baron spell, there were fuck all stories to post concerning 360 and PS3, yet during this time a flood of genuinely cool Nintendo related news was coming out daily. It was never covered here at all by staff. I posted all these stories but I did with slight degree of anger, thinking to myself, this is fucked up.

When members see little to no Nintendo related news and articles, It only adds to solidify a negative opinion, rightly or wrongly.  If they don't have any interest in the genuinely exciting cool looking games on Wii and DSi, why not let the readership do their bit?, this is after all a site which thrives on the input from it's members is it not?.

I would like to see a similar system to something we see one Gamepot currently, whereby members can submit articles to be posted on the front page, until then this site wont be catering to all tastes as it should do. And I will continue to get wound up when I see weak articles written by staff, and then seeing the kids treating them like gaming gods and kissing arse. It's fucking sickening mate. I look upon comments and think to myself, good fucking grief!, at the severity of the arse licking.

I'm sure he, like me, can see what's going on here,  the team for the most part seem totally oblivious to what positives we see happening on the Nintendo side of things, they seem  totally out of touch, Oldschool is bound to be angered when he sees Brad, a one time "Preview Editor", bitching like a whiny little kid about the lack of DSIware games, when he could be striking up some previews on the great games on DSiWare we know are due. he could have found out about those games from spending two minutes on the internet  looking. The DSi was out for two months, yet there's Brad expecting some top quality games to be dished out pronto. Top quality games are ready and waiting for the service, I post about them and they get very little interest in contrast to Brad's negative take. The staff have cultivated a certain from of response, members here would rather lick severe arse and agree and join in with Nintendo bashing, than actually educate themselves to what great games are on the way.

The team would rather focus on negative subject matter when are genuinely a load of positives. It's bound to wind anyone up given the circumstances.

Jeff can be taken either way so easily I think, looking at video reviews as a prime example, on one hand he may come across as assured and confident in his opinion, but on the other, dull and lifeless in those videos. It's largely due to a monotonous tone and weak hand gesturing, which is to be expected from someone with no Italianate style. Without wishing to sound critical of Jeff's style in respect to this, sometimes such reviews can feel really dull, and you come out of them not remembering much,  why?, because there's very little emotion coming across through expression and personality when he conveys his thoughts. But that's Jeff impression on screen. On the flip side, If you look at the words of written reviews, you can understand better where he's coming from and the foundation for his opinions. 

Sorry about any typos and stuff, but I am eager to get the fuck out and enjoy the weather.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#147  Edited By trophyhunter
@asian_pride said:
" And I thought Sony and Microsoft fanboys were bad...Nintendo fanboys are much worse. "
well its like his Sony and Microsoft fanboys are like two rival gangs that hate each other to no end
while Nintendo fanboys are like a group of kids screaming at the top of their lungs 24 hours a day 7 days a week 
InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#148  Edited By InFamous91

lol this still going