No Caption Provided

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dr_Cash

What the heck man I'm posting very worthy stuff here. And I still get the normal treatment. LOL

Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Exlutonian
Dr_Cash said:
"What the heck man I'm posting very worthy stuff here. And I still get the normal treatment. LOL"
:D
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dr_Cash

I was really hyped for Imfamos. Still am but Now Prototype just kind of blew it away looks way more deep.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By iamjohn

>:3

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaPirate
Dr_Cash said:
"What the heck man I'm posting very worthy stuff here. And I still get the normal treatment. LOL"
Which treatment would you prefer? please prescribe somethign DOCTOR

On a sidenote, the game does seem ok tbh! just -stop posting flame bait inducing typed by a 9 year old titles? 
Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Exlutonian
I like the look of both Prototype and Infamous.
I also like to post on forums.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dr_Cash

Coors Light drafts and if needed a little hit of the purple kind.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Endogene

The delete and combine forum is for actual wiki related request, this should be in general discussion.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate
Dr_Cash said:
"Coors Light drafts and if needed a little hit of the purple kind."
On its way!

No Caption Provided

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dr_Cash
BiggerBomb said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"WOW This will be off the hook. This is looking way better then expected.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47311.html"
I never thought I would say this to you. But...well, I love you."

Have a Beer and call me in the morning.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#16  Edited By LordAndrew
Endogene said:
"The delete and combine forum is for actual wiki related request, this should be in general discussion. "
I think he's requesting that this thread be deleted like his other ones. :P
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince
OmegaPirate said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaPirate
LiquidPrince said:
"OmegaPirate said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided
"
You win mate -Fucking touche
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dr_Cash

I swear people spend more time to get my posted deleted to rather actuelly see I posted a very sweet video.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By atejas

I agree, Imfamos looks like total shit.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By get2sammyb

I think they both look terrible actually.

The press seem to absolutely bum Infamous though. Have you read IGN's previews for Infamous -- they basically type out two pages of "WE FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME".

It's a shame for both games that they have a similar release date/style. Both games might end up damaging each other.

We'll have to see.

EDIT: That Prototype video is nuts.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hamz

Moved to General Discussion.

Please be observant and make sure you post topics in the correct forum board.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb

Moving on - you guys should check out the video he linked to. It's insane.
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#24  Edited By tearhead

Both of these games look promising. I'm watching each closely to see which I'll eventually be getting. So that means waiting until reviews come out to see what each one brings to the table then make my decision. Overall, I'm optimistic for both.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thiago

Prototype looks like some character taken out The Incredible Hulk. Not sure if that characterizes it as "better".

The trailer in question seems to have been made for teenage fanboys to post in forums like this. "Pwm everybody" sounds like they are trying so hard to "look cool" among the male 12-16 year old audience. It is too forced.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By prinny_god
get2sammyb said:
"I think they both look terrible actually.The press seem to absolutely bum Infamous though. Have you read IGN's previews for Infamous -- they basically type out two pages of "WE FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME".It's a shame for both games that they have a similar release date/style. Both games might end up damaging each other.We'll have to see."
what?? come on you gotta like one of them.
I'm getting both day one I love what I've seen so far.
here are my reasons for both.

prototype: atomic elbowing a tank, throwing a dude into a helicopter, and eating people

infamous has very good potential to be the first good superhero game ever

Both: they are both original IPs not something something 3 or 4 or 5

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dr_Cash

My intensions are for you guys to see just how much better this game may be then anticapated. And it is now looking better then Imfonas In my opinion. So I think it is worthy of me haveing the VS becuasee they are both similar games.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By thiago
Dr_Cash said:
"My intensions are for you guys to see just how much better this game may be then anticapated. And it is now looking better then Imfonas In my opinion. So I think it is worthy of me haveing the VS becuasee they are both similar games."

How better? Graphically it is not. Gameplay-wise it is not. Unless you have played them both and can give us information on if the games are actually fun, it is not possible to make such affirmation.

Now that Killzone 2 was unfairly bashed and criticized and the fanboys spread all kinds of BS on the internet, they are focusing their energies on the next great PS3 exclusive, InFamous.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGremp
Dr_Cash said:
No joke! Prototype VS

Imfamos

OMFG link 56k=murder
Dr_Cash said:
"I was really hyped for

Imfamos

. Still am but Now Prototype just kind of blew it away looks way more deep."
sigh....  I can tell that you were really into "imfamos".

I'm a bit more psyched for this one game called InFamous.

EDIT: For the sake of actually contributing....  Yeah Prototype looks pretty cool.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By maxszy

Prototype really is looking good. You're right there. I must say however, that I am still looking forward to Infamous much more than prototype.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoelTGM
Dr_Cash said:
because you always say something like "OMFG" and instead of saying "look at prototype", you have to say "prototype VS imfamos" and spell it wrong too.
prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By prinny_god

I'd say it like this
infamous is to gta 4 as prototype is to saints row 2
infamous seems more story based and more serious like gta4 prototype seems bat shit crazy like saints row 2

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
thiago said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"My intensions are for you guys to see just how much better this game may be then anticapated. And it is now looking better then Imfonas In my opinion. So I think it is worthy of me haveing the VS becuasee they are both similar games."
How better? Graphically it is not. Gameplay-wise it is not. Unless you have played them both and can give us information on if the games are actually fun, it is not possible to make such affirmation.Now that Killzone 2 was unfairly bashed and criticized and the fanboys spread all kinds of BS on the internet, they are focusing their energies on the next great PS3 exclusive, InFamous."
dude, KZ2 was never "unfairly bashed and criticized". it recieves a 93 on metacritic and pretty much got high scores on every site.

anyway, if you listened to the podcast and read Jeff's and Brad's twitter, they pretty much said inFamous is awesome (from what they played at GDC). for me, im kinda excited for both games, both looks promising.
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#34  Edited By tearhead
Dr_Cash said:
Dude, that video shows nothing that hasn't already been shown. The only thing I saw that I haven't before was that tentacle rape power thing. But I am cautious about Prototype because people who have played it says it's a bit "off". I am also cautious about Infamous because I am wondering how much actual substance is in the game, will these "moral choices" really have an impact on gameplay/story? Will there be a  lot of stuff to do in this world? Both of them look great, but I have questions that only a review would be able to answer, so I'm not ready to go ape shit crazy like you, Dr_Cash.

P.S. I know this is off topic, but I also just wanted to say, that, Dr_Cash, you need to stop saying that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is going to be the God of all first person shooters. We really know nothing about the game, and while I felt that CoD 4 was fucking amazing, and this game will probably be too, you need to stop counting your chickens before they hatch.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By get2sammyb

To be fair, the thing about Infamous is its developer. Sucker Punch made the Sly Cooper series, which was an excellent platformer. And while tonally the games are entirely different, I think we can assume at the very least Infamous will have excellent platforming. Having said that Prototype is based on that Hulk engine, which was also an excellent game.

Like I've already said too,  the press seem to absolutely love Infamous - virtually every preview I've read (even Eurogamer!!) has been like they want to have an illicit relationship with the game.

I'm definitely going to try both games -- there is way too much hype surrounding them both to miss them, but try as hard as I might, I just can't get excited about either of them. I can't explain why, they just look a bit shallow even though they're trying to be the opposite of that.

We'll have to wait and see. I'd be interested to know what the developers think of each others game too, because virtually everytime one of them gets mentioned, the other is brought up. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

EDIT: "anyway, if you listened to the podcast and read Jeff's and Brad's twitter, they pretty much said inFamous is awesome (from what they played at GDC). for me, im kinda excited for both games, both looks promising." -- that's interesting, I hope they talk about it on the podcast/do a write up because, like I've said three times now, the press that are playing this game do seem to be saying it's really good, even though, for me, the trailers tell the opposite story.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TwoOneFive

prototype looks awesome, but it just looks like a big playground, not a lot of depth. infamous has a cool story and lllooots of gameplay depth, and tons of platforming (ratchet and clank style) gameplay that i LOVE. so i dunno, i'll try both but i still think i will like inFamous much more. 

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Steve_C

It seems to look a lot better than it did previously when i last saw it. The emphasis here seems to make it as sandbox-y as possible, letting you do al this cool badassery and blow shit up. It's not really doing anything for me, though of course i've yet to play it.

Infamous seems to limit you more (at least intially), but the story and style has me interested. It looks a little more polished thus far too.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By PureRok

I've been looking forward to Prototype since I saw it's... prototype a few years ago.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By jakob187

DOOD-THIS-GAME-IS-GO-ING-TO-BE-FUC-KING-AWE-SOME!!!

Although I could do without the vehicle jacking ala Mercs 2.  =  /

HE FUCKING ROLLED OVER A CAR WHILE PICKING IT UP AND THROWING IT AT A FUCKING HELICOPTER!!!

This game is going to be more fun than Crackdown!!!
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dr_Cash

To really stir this pot.

throw CRACKDOWN 2 into the mix. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By Gump
get2sammyb said:
"I think they both look terrible actually."
This is the best post so far.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I'm thinking that Infamous will be scored higher but Prototype will be an underrated favorite.
I dunno why but Infamous is just more polished but like Crackdown, Prototype just seems to be more fun despite not being super graphical

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dr_Cash

Ok So I've gone back and further watch more videos it is very clear that Prototype is way more awsome and bad ass. Though Imfamous looks cool. The whole electric shock powers will grow repetive faily quick. I even find myelf getting bored towards the end of gameplay vidoes.

Prototype on the other hand seems to be way more bad ass with use of multiple types of weapons and guns. And it is way bad ass and bloody.

I strongly think Prototype wins. And will score better in reviews.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By prinny_god
jakob187 said:
"DOOD-THIS-GAME-IS-GO-ING-TO-BE-FUC-KING-AWE-SOME!!!

HE FUCKING ROLLED OVER A CAR WHILE PICKING IT UP AND THROWING IT AT A FUCKING HELICOPTER!!!

"
dood did you see the one where he shoot a rocket at a tank then jumped off a building atomic elbowing the tank
at that moment it was sold in my eyes

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mr_registered

One thing about Prototype though, no cover system = EPIC FAILS!!1

But to contribute seriously I'm fairly indifferent to either, sandbox games that allow you to go bonkers with the environment seem to lose that initial 'oh cool' factor fairly early on. After a while repeatedly tossing around paper cars in sparse environments becomes quite tiresome.

What I don't get is just because they are fairly similar styled games they have to be pitted against one another? ...oh wait yes I do

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dr_Cash
prinny_god said:
"jakob187 said:

"
dood did you see the one where he shoot a rocket at a tank then jumped off a building atomic elbowing the tankat that moment it was sold in my eyes "

Prototype looks special
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By jakob187
Dr_Cash said:
"prinny_god said:
"jakob187 said:

This game is going to be more fun than Crackdown!!!"
dood did you see the one where he shoot a rocket at a tank then jumped off a building atomic elbowing the tankat that moment it was sold in my eyes "
Prototype looks special"
If by "special" you mean "fucking incredible", then yes...it's gonna be very special.  The guys at Radical have been crafting an incredible sandbox game, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dood, I wonder what the achievements are gonna be like?!
Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dr_Cash
jakob187 said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"prinny_god said:
"jakob187 said:

This game is going to be more fun than Crackdown!!!"
Prototype looks special"
If by "special" you mean "fucking incredible", then yes...it's gonna be very special.  The guys at Radical have been crafting an incredible sandbox game, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dood, I wonder what the achievements are gonna be like?!
"

That is how I meant it. It does look like it can break the notion of being a repetitive sandbox game after a few hours of play. It really does look like a WICKED GAME INDEED.
tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tomance

I think both of the games are going to be awesome and surprisingly I think I'm looking more forward to Prototype for some reason. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Snail

o3o