So much negativity going on in the E3 chats..

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By nickux

@JacDG said:

Man, you guys are really bumming me out, I was looking forward to chatting about the E3 with the community, but the negativity going on in the chat during press conferences is startling, almost sickening. Why does everything shown need to be met with negative and sarcastic comments? 90% of the comments are as annoying, generic and old as the games you apparently feel the need to insult every year, you don't like shooters and sports games, maybe don't watch the EA press conference, they do the show pretty much the same stuff every year, why are you all so surprised, maybe you don't like the games but that is really not an excuse to insult, bitch and moan, some people might actually be excited about the new Medal of Honor or whatnot. Maybe I should just stop paying attention to the chat unless it's about some Valve or Blizzard thing, because otherwise I'm probably just going to be disappointed in this community, maybe I just forgot how it always is, I was just hoping for more maturity out of this community, guess not.

Thank you! My thoughts exactly. If you think the users are bad, the so-called professionals out there are way worse. Check out Alex Navarro's Twitter feed, for example, it's nothing but negativity and snarky little comments. It's a shame, really. You're not allowed to like anything it feels like. It's ok to be let-down by things, I am not too thrilled with the direction Dead Space is going, for example, but people are losing their minds over E3.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By VoshiNova

@SomeDeliCook said:

You're so negative about the chat

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By FritzDude

There's usual a lot of this during E3. That's why I use fullscreen and just enjoy the show.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By jacdg

@Grissefar: I'm not saying people should clap in their hands with every game, people like different things, I'm not a big fan of certain genres that most people on the internet forums seem to love, but that does not mean I take a shit on the games, I respect that people enjoy other stuff than I do, Skyrim for instance. I couldn't care less about that game, but I'm not all over the forums screaming "HAHAH guys, thiz looks like every other damn fantasy game I've ever seen, must be shit!" (that is not my attitude towards the game)

ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ChickenPants

@Irvandus:You kidding me? The online videogame community has been a bunch of whiny little bitches for as long as I remember. I try to avoid forums and things like that for the most part as I believe all this cynicism can't be good for me.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Undeadpool

To quote a different thread on another site: "a bunch of jags trying to one-up each other by showing how little they care about everything." It seems like everyone has the same idea: being knee-jerk negative about everything sets you apart from the hype machine...too bad EVERYone had that same idea at the same moment.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By FreakAche

Well at the Microsoft one it was kind of warranted. The EA one was kind of boring, but I was surprised to see as much complaining as I did, considering we got to see some cool stuff like SimCity and Need for Speed Most Wanted.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By eclipsesis

@EvilTwin said:

@eclipsesis said:

@Dalai said:

It's the internet. We're all a bunch of cynical assholes. I'm not surprised.

I feel handicapped, i'm british, cynical is my natural outlook on life :)

I was bored with MS tbh, but Halo looked good to me i liked the weapons designs, although they felt reminiscent of that game which came out on the wii made by sega, i can't remember its name

Conduit?

Thats the one, do you not feel the same??

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Jimbo

Is this your first E3?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#60  Edited By Yummylee

I haven't been too invested in racing games for a long while, and even I thought that new NFS game looked pretty bitchin'. Dead Space 3 I have mixed thoughts on, though. The sublime shooting ultimately lends itself to being a coop shooter, but for fuck sake... It's quite literally RE5 all over again. The atmosphere and pacing is completely altered with another player/character at your side, and judging from the dialogue, there's going to an awful lot of 'witty banter' between the two to pretty abolish a lot of the creepy isolation the series was known for.

I honestly never thought even the original Dead Space was scary (returning to the ishimura in Dead Space 2, as we'll agree, was incredibly unnerving, though), but it still had the pacing and the atmosphere to solidify itself as a damn fun horror experience all the same. Dead Space 3 with its coop mechanic is only going to degrade those merits.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By jacdg

@Lunar_Aura said:

Cool.

I'm glad your annoyed with all my negativity. Knowing your effected by it, I will now spout it 100 fold!

Oh, you better bring it, I just went outside, grabbed a soda and ate some salad and I'm now in a much better mood, I will counter your negativity with elf-like joy.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By landon

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Landon said:

Well, if they stop making terrible announcements then there will stop being negative comments.

You don't really believe that do you? Bemoaning bad announcements (and there's been some stinkers) is one thing. Constant sarcasm about everything shown on the screen is another completely. They could announce a new console that combines all three, is 5 times stronger and costs $5 and some asshat would have some snarky stupid comment about it.

You don't really believe that do you?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By crusader8463

E3 is supposed to be all about new and the future of the industry. So far it's just been nothing but here's more of the same shit you have already had for the last 3-4+ years.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Meowshi

@VoshiNova said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

You're so negative about the chat

KKK Member: "Yeah well, you're intolerant of my intolerance!"

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I came for games, I saw games. Therefor I am happy.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By doobie

its the ones who post 'boring!' i find the best.

if your finding it that boring fuck off outside or go do something you don't find boring. no fucker is being forced to watch it

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By papercut

@JacDG said:

@Lunar_Aura said:

Cool.

I'm glad your annoyed with all my negativity. Knowing your effected by it, I will now spout it 100 fold!

Oh, you better bring it, I just ate had some salad and I'm now in a much better mood, I will counter your negativity with elf-like joy.

I don't think that can combat against whatever Ubisoft may have. I swear if Mr. Caffeine comes back...

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Landon said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Landon said:

Well, if they stop making terrible announcements then there will stop being negative comments.

You don't really believe that do you? Bemoaning bad announcements (and there's been some stinkers) is one thing. Constant sarcasm about everything shown on the screen is another completely. They could announce a new console that combines all three, is 5 times stronger and costs $5 and some asshat would have some snarky stupid comment about it.

This is the internet. I 100% believe it.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#69  Edited By Sooperspy

@believer258: By the end of the Dead Space 3 demo, it looked a lot like Lost Planet. Take that as you will.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By huser

@TheSouthernDandy said:

It's like a contest to see who can out-snark out-bitch everyone else. Congrats guys, you're marginally more tolerable then youtube comments.

@believer258 said:

@PEIWARRIOR said:

I think the Microsoft press conference got everybody fired up because of how little they focused on the actual games. Kinect and the bad xbox dashboard does that to people. :)

That.

I only caught the tail end of the EA E3 show and in 20 minutes they showed more video games than Microsoft did at all, though I can't be certain of the rest of the show since I didn't see it all.

I'm most interested in Dead Space - how did it look?

It LOOKED really good. But it also looked super actiony. I'm not gonna make any assumptions yet but I hope they're not moving farther away from horror.

I don't know if you've actually been on youtube. Unless we are ironically being some example of how the chat is, nothing regularly visited by the public is as bad as youtube.

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dfsvegas

Welcome to society in 2012. Sarcasm is the new language, sorry you weren't informed.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@crusader8463 said:

E3 is supposed to be all about new and the future of the industry. So far it's just been nothing but here's more of the same shit you have already had for the last 3-4+ years.

We're at the end of the current console cycle, just before everyone is ready to announce the new consoles. You're not going to see anyone bust out any new franchises or anything ground breaking this year (except maybe Nintendo).

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jimbo
@DFSVegas said:

Welcome to society in 2012. Sarcasm is the new language, sorry you weren't informed.

Are you really sorry?
jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jacksmedulla

@Landon: Yep. People are allowed to complain, especially if they see nothing that interests them. So far there hasn't been a single game shown at either of the press conferences that has gotten me excited. Halo 4 and Crysis 3 don't look bad, but I'm not "hyped" for either of them. Tomb Raider looks fantastic in regards to graphics, but, at least what they have shown, appears far too linear for me. Need for Speed Most wanted looks like it could be fun, but again, I'm not too terribly excited. Resident Evil looks to be far too action oriented, Call of Duty Black Ops looks like Call of Duty, and I don't play sports games. As stated previously, it looks like a bunch of "end of console generation" games, nothing fresh or innovative. Gamers are becoming fatigued, myself included.

Edit: I forgot to mention: Too many fucking quick time events.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@huser: You're right, I may have been overstating it a little. Youtube comments are a cesspool that we'd have to try pretty hard to reach. My point stands though...

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meowshi said:

I just turned the video up to full screen. This community is awful and I no longer enjoy having discussions with any of you.

It sounds like more of a personal problem dude. The rest of us are getting alone with each other just fine. If you can't hear criticism about something you like, that's a personal problem.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#77  Edited By JasonR86

Don't pay attention to the chat. It will always be more negative because it is the internet and negativity garners attention.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By EvilTwin
@eclipsesis said:

@EvilTwin said:

@eclipsesis said:

@Dalai said:

It's the internet. We're all a bunch of cynical assholes. I'm not surprised.

I feel handicapped, i'm british, cynical is my natural outlook on life :)

I was bored with MS tbh, but Halo looked good to me i liked the weapons designs, although they felt reminiscent of that game which came out on the wii made by sega, i can't remember its name

Conduit?

Thats the one, do you not feel the same??

Yeah, I see it a bit. 
doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By doobie

@Lunar_Aura said:

Cool.

good to see GB attracts users of all ages... as young as 12 it would seem

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't come to see games, i came for surprises!

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Landon said:

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Landon said:

There will ALWAYS be snarky comments no matter what. If something amazing and original is announced, then someone would just say "But I wanted another generic cover based shooter! LAME!"

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Subjugation

I'm not sure when it happened, but the chat is infested with the most cynical, unforgiving, downright awful people now. It wasn't always this bad. Today seems to have really brought out the whiners.

Edit: I just decided to turn off the chat completely about 3/4 of the way through the Microsoft conference. You guys really made it unbearable. Congratulations.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By Tennmuerti

Whatever, people are airing out their feelings it's no skin off my back, and if it bothers you so here's a good question to ask: why?

So far there has not been one exciting thing to come out of either Microsoft or EA press conferences for me, so ... why should people who feel underwhelmed not be cynical?

People were shitting all over the MoH footage, yet I'm one of the few fans of the previous entry and was slightly interested in the new muliplayer gadgets that were shown at the end, i don't give a shit about 99% other people who talked smack about it. My gaming tastes aren't affected by them.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By AlexW00d

EA was a hundred times better than MS tbh.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@doobie said:

@Lunar_Aura said:

Cool.

good to see GB attracts users of all ages... as young as 12 it would seem

Good to see you still smell like my butt

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Pezen

@JacDG: Too bad you're having that experience. I don't pay full attention to the chat, and I'll admit I'll throw in the random sarcasm in there for fun. But my intent is/was to discuss things there too. But it's hard to do when you say something and you barely see it appear before it's gone and new things need commenting on. Though I try to stay positive and open minded, I think this is just a generation that has been going on for a bit too long and a lot of people are weary and tired of it, so when nothing feels "new" it's all bad. Even if it's not.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AlexW00d said:

Pretty much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#89  Edited By Yummylee

I just leave most of the conference discussion to the threads.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Meowshi

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

I just turned the video up to full screen. This community is awful and I no longer enjoy having discussions with any of you.

It sounds like more of a personal problem dude. The rest of us are getting alone with each other just fine. If you can't hear criticism about something you like, that's a personal problem.

You're making assumptions based on nothing. My problem isn't with people criticizing something I like. It's with the overwhelming sense of cynicism over every single thing presented. Your uninsightful, worthless reply is good example of the sort of empty conversation that I'm criticizing.

kogasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By kogasu

I must apologize. I have been a bit negative this E3 but I have since closed out of the chat which I think was influencing me.

I missed Microsoft's which I keep hearing wasn't so great and EA was ok I guess (I haven't gotten into any EA games really). I'm just completely underwhelmed but I'll be positive and say there's still a lot more to go. It's just the first day after all.

Avatar image for hershelgeorgelives
hershelgeorgelives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I was bitching as much as anyone about Microsoft, but I thought EA was pretty good.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexW00d said:

Pretty much.

Next up is Ubisoft... :) I'm expecting great things, one way or another.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By AgnosticJesus

Once "hardcore" gamers are able to drop the elitist attitude and realize that these companies need to court the casual consumers as well things will improve. At the beginning of the current console generation MS and Sony made it known that they wanted their consoles to be centerpiece of everyone's entertainment system. It should come as no surprise then that MS would focus a lot of time on new features, new multimedia content and partners, etc. E3 is the largest platform for these announcements and the news media picks it up and reports it accordingly. The real money is in the casual audience and MS and Sony are making a boatload of money from digital content.. This far into the console life cycle every "hardcore" gamer that is going to buy a console has. The games are going to be there regardless if they are announced at E3 or not. Many games are leaked well ahead of the intended announcement and this trend will only grow. People are constantly bitching about the lack of new IPs. When sales figures show that sequels to proven franchises sell and sales for new IPs are lackluster it would be stupid to not expect studios to develop a sure fire seller as opposed to a game that likely won't even break even. It doesn't matter to me that more sequels are incoming. I'll gladly play a new Gears, Halo, or Splinter Cell. After all, it is the revenue earned from these games that allow a company to take a risk on a new IP from time to time.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MikkaQ

@JacDG said:

Man, you guys are really bumming me out.

Man, E3's really bumming me out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really wanted to chat about the panels with duders, but everyone in the chat fucking sucks. Bitching and moaning about every thing like the conference was designed for them and them only. You know who gets angry when they see something they're not interested in? Children. Children get angry if you're watching the news or a drama instead of cartoons. And that's what the chats are like. A group of screaming Goddamn children demanding you put the cartoons on, and then when the cartoons are on they keep screaming because it's Dora instead of Spongebob.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meowshi said:

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

You're making assumptions based on nothing. My problem isn't with people criticizing something I like. It's with the overwhelming sense of cynicism over every single thing presented. Your uninsightful, worthless reply is good example of the sort of empty conversation that I'm criticizing.

I'm actually making a judgement call based on the tone of your posts, not an unsubstantiated assumption. After your second, very defensive reply, I would say you don't like having faults pointed out. Aren't you being just as, if not more cynical with comments like "Your uninsightful, worthless reply"? lol I don't get bothered by things like that personally, but that was pretty rude.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By PeasantAbuse

The only good thing to come out of the chat was BeachThunder saying "Internet Explorer is definitely in my top ten browsers", that was a classy move that struck my funny bone.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100  Edited By crusader8463

@WinterSnowblind said:

@crusader8463 said:

We're at the end of the current console cycle, just before everyone is ready to announce the new consoles. You're not going to see anyone bust out any new franchises or anything ground breaking this year (except maybe Nintendo).

I'm not asking them to revoltionize the industry or anything, but it would be nice to see something other then yearly sports game 15, same racing game as last year with new maps 5, or military shooter 8. I want to see more stuff like X-Com: Enemy Unknown, the south park RPG or Planet Side 2. If they need to fill their shooter quota at least do something interesting and push the game in some way like Tomb Raider focusing on amazing set pieces or Far Cry 3 focusing on big environments with a crazy cast of interesting characters.

With a few exceptions, mainly the above mentioned, just about everything I have seen today does nothing new or anything different then what we have seen over the last few years. I'm holding out hope for Sony to steal the show. They seem to be the main ones doing different, and it's a shame that they don't have a bigger market share. Will see in a few hours.