So much negativity going on in the E3 chats..

dfsvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By dfsvegas

@Jimbo said:

@DFSVegas said:

Welcome to society in 2012. Sarcasm is the new language, sorry you weren't informed.

Are you really sorry?

lol. Yes, I wasn't being sarcastic about my comment regarding sarcasm... And this isn't sarcastic either, at all. I swear.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's the same thing every year, people will always bitch about Microsoft and calling it the worst E3 conference ever, they've pretty much been doing this since 2009 or so...

While the Microsoft conference wasn't great, I think it was certainly better than last year.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Jimbo
@DFSVegas said:

@Jimbo said:

@DFSVegas said:

Welcome to society in 2012. Sarcasm is the new language, sorry you weren't informed.

Are you really sorry?

lol. Yes, I wasn't being sarcastic about my comment regarding sarcasm... And this isn't sarcastic either, at all. I swear.

I really believe you.
jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By jacksmedulla

@Meowshi: You seem to be in a bit of a bad mood.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Cloudenvy

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexW00d said:

EA was a hundred times better than MS tbh.

Pretty much.

Next up is Ubisoft... :) I'm expecting great things, one way or another.

I'm ready to buy the majority of games from Ubisoft this year already.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Simplexity

It is very hard to be excited over the same stuff we have all seen before a billion times, also society as a whole is jaded and snarky this shouldn't be some insane revelation.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Cold_Wolven

In all fairness the complete underwhelming conferences shown this morning prior to Ubi have been boring. God how I hope the next few conferences cheer me up and show some really awesome games and jaw dropping surprises. If anything there's the Giant Bomb after parties every night that will turn the collective frowns of the chat upside down.

mabber36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By mabber36

what do you expect?

microsoft's press conference was terrible, and had not games

ea's press conference had games, but they all looked alike

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By zeforgotten
@Jimbo said:
@DFSVegas said:

@Jimbo said:

@DFSVegas said:

Are you really sorry?

I really believe you.
You would be foolish not to believe it considering he wrote it on the internet! 
DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By DallasTheGamer

Hasn't the videogame audience been like that for a long time now? I saw some of the chats and it was pretty amusing to see how negative they were. But thats nothing new really. Atleast from my experience.

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By JackOhara

If you want a positive reaction maybe they should be showing good games

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By MOAB

the internet is full of cunts. it's to be expected.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By kindgineer

@JacDG: Everyone is childish when it comes to talking about this kind of stuff. Apparently, everyone is a critic and knows everything about the business instantly.

It's a little pathetic, really.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Meowshi

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

I just turned the video up to full screen. This community is awful and I no longer enjoy having discussions with any of you.

It sounds like more of a personal problem dude. The rest of us are getting alone with each other just fine. If you can't hear criticism about something you like, that's a personal problem.

You're making assumptions based on nothing. My problem isn't with people criticizing something I like. It's with the overwhelming sense of cynicism over every single thing presented. Your uninsightful, worthless reply is good example of the sort of empty conversation that I'm criticizing.

I'm actually making a judgement call based on the tone of your posts, not an unsubstantiated assumption. After your second, very defensive reply, I would say you don't like having faults pointed out. Aren't you being just as, if not more cynical with comments like "Your uninsightful, worthless reply"? lol I don't get bothered by things like that personally, but that was pretty rude.

There is nothing in my post that suggests that I was angry that someone insulted a game I was looking forward too. Nothing. Literally, all I said is that the community is disappointing me and that I don't much like being a part of it as much as I used to. I will repeat: you are making assumptions based on nothing, and that is why your reply is uninsightful, worthless, and empty. I have no trouble believing that you aren't bothered by such meaningless conversation, but I am. Move along.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Meowshi

@jacksmedulla said:

@Meowshi: You seem to be in a bit of a bad mood.

I'm not particularly upset about anything, so I'm not sure why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Meowshi said:

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

I just turned the video up to full screen. This community is awful and I no longer enjoy having discussions with any of you.

It sounds like more of a personal problem dude. The rest of us are getting alone with each other just fine. If you can't hear criticism about something you like, that's a personal problem.

You're making assumptions based on nothing. My problem isn't with people criticizing something I like. It's with the overwhelming sense of cynicism over every single thing presented. Your uninsightful, worthless reply is good example of the sort of empty conversation that I'm criticizing.

I'm actually making a judgement call based on the tone of your posts, not an unsubstantiated assumption. After your second, very defensive reply, I would say you don't like having faults pointed out. Aren't you being just as, if not more cynical with comments like "Your uninsightful, worthless reply"? lol I don't get bothered by things like that personally, but that was pretty rude.

There is nothing in my post that suggests that I was angry that someone insulted a game I was looking forward too. Nothing. Literally, all I said is that the community is not good and that I don't much like being a part of it as much as I used to. I will repeat: you are making assumptions based on nothing, and that is why your reply is uninsightful, worthless, and empty. I have no trouble believing that you aren't bothered by such meaningless conversation, but I am. Move along.

Sounds like you need a nice holiday.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#117  Edited By fattony12000

SIM CITY 5 AND NEED FOR SPEED LOOK SICK. How could anyone be negative about anything?

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Meowshi

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

@wewantsthering said:

@Meowshi said:

There is nothing in my post that suggests that I was angry that someone insulted a game I was looking forward too. Nothing. Literally, all I said is that the community is not good and that I don't much like being a part of it as much as I used to. I will repeat: you are making assumptions based on nothing, and that is why your reply is uninsightful, worthless, and empty. I have no trouble believing that you aren't bothered by such meaningless conversation, but I am. Move along.

Sounds like you need a nice holiday.

Well I did eat an unreasonable amount of tacos on Memorial Day. That was fun.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@AlexW00d said:

EA was a hundred times better than MS tbh.

Pretty much.

Next up is Ubisoft... :) I'm expecting great things, one way or another.

I'm ready to buy the majority of games from Ubisoft this year already.

I was talking about the weirdness of the conference

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jacksmedulla

@Meowshi: Your previous comments in this thread suggest otherwise.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Meowshi

@jacksmedulla said:

@Meowshi: Your previous comments in this thread suggest otherwise.

I wholly disagree with you, Sir. Time for UbiSoft!

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#122  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

The E3 people are looking for is next year, this is just the clam before the storm so people bitch.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#123  Edited By jacdg

@Meowshi: You summed up my feeling pretty well, but then again why wouldn't you, Donald for spiderman.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSouthernDandy said:

It's like a contest to see who can out-snark out-bitch everyone else. Congrats guys, you're marginally more tolerable then youtube comments.

@believer258 said:

@PEIWARRIOR said:

I think the Microsoft press conference got everybody fired up because of how little they focused on the actual games. Kinect and the bad xbox dashboard does that to people. :)

That.

I only caught the tail end of the EA E3 show and in 20 minutes they showed more video games than Microsoft did at all, though I can't be certain of the rest of the show since I didn't see it all.

I'm most interested in Dead Space - how did it look?

It LOOKED really good. But it also looked super actiony. I'm not gonna make any assumptions yet but I hope they're not moving farther away from horror.

I hope they don't spin it into action, we already have Resident evil doing that. We need more horror survival and less, "CHECK OUT UR CAMO ARMOR AND EXPLOSIOANS! BLAT BLAT BLAT!".

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might too simple or too obvious a solution, but if these companies wouldn't give people a reason to bitch, then maybe people wouldn't bitch as much.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

E3 2012: Everyone hates everything...why'd you even show up............girl wood?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ShaggE

We have to hate video games or else we're not game enthusiasts! If you aren't shifting uncomfortably and rolling your eyes every time you pick up a controller or assume the WASD position, you're doing it wrong!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NTM

@JacDG: Somewhat agree'd. I was hoping for little to no negative comments on this stuff. To me, it all looks great. I'm very surprised and very excited.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#129  Edited By C0V3RT

I think people are just growing complacent with the current generation and franchises. I thought the Smart Glass stuff was fantastic, but thought it maybe went on a bit long. I think given the tepid response Kinect has received amongst core gamers, it's understandable to want to cringe when it feels like Kinect support is being shoehorned into already fine games.

I was following the chat on GameTrailers when watching the EA presser and could only shake my head at the incessant bitching when EA Sports took the stage. Despite what most people think, those games sell like hotcakes and transcend the core/casual labels.

This Ubisoft press conference though... has been awesome.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Garfield518

But if I turned off the chat, I wouldn't be able to read people complaining about how people aren't rapidly firing their muskets, or how the British sound like Americans during the Assassin's Creed 3 demo.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Meowshi

But the American accent sounds more like the colonists did, than current British people do. This is a fact.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#132  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@deadmanforking said:

@Breadfan said:

Always turn off chat. Always.

The best advice I've received on Giantbomb. Not that the standards are high, but it's still good.
CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By CheapPoison

i'd say it is kinda meh.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By NTM

It. Is. All. SO. EXITING! I'm surprised, it's all really good. Of course if you're going to be pessimistic about it, you can say "Well, we've seen this type of game done before, I'm done with it, and it all looks so violent! Why all the violence!?" I'm not going with that, I'm so enthusiastic about everything I've seen so far. Dead Space 3 looks fantastic, and I just saw the trailer to it. I mean, wow. The only thing I'm not liking is that there's just too much coverage so it's hard to keep track of everything, and it's easy to miss some stuff when you're excited for a lot of it.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NTM: I'm exiting so hard.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#136  Edited By triple07

Its the internet they are always like this.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#137  Edited By AndrewB

I was one of those pessimistic folk because until the Ubisoft press conference, I don't feel like there was a single thing to be optimistic about.

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By helios1337

It was very negative, but unfortunately accurate response to most of what was shown.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SargeGulp

How can you not bitch about Toby?

But I promise I'll turn the snark off and behave during Sony's PC. Even if Move is a focal point.. by god.

I think it's just been there done that x10 at this point. There's a severe lack of excitement, we've seen most if not all of these games already. I want something new, something surprising, directed at me the core (Ifuckinghatethatword) gamer. Lame hosting, awkward "humour" etc, it's just hard to watch. Plus the nature of chat with cooldown etc makes the bitching and whining even more likely, the environment is simply better for it.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FengShuiGod

Was listening to NPR on the way home from work, and they were talking about how the vidya game industry was so unoriginal, with all the sequels and whatnot. Hearing non gamers talk about video games really made me feel like my hobby was a total joke, and then I realized it kinda was, and then I realized why I kinda don't game anymore. So many games feel immature, repetitive, unoriginal, and poorly written. Even the Halo 4 stuff sounded like something out of a Saturday morning cartoon. I think a large constituency of gamers are exiting their teens, and they are starting to feel the same way, hence the vitriol.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Barrock

Anyone else tired of people complaining about third person shooters with cover?

I wanted to reach through the internet and punch people complaining that Watch Dogs dare feature shooting!

RichieJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 9

#142  Edited By RichieJohn

Everything apart from people in the chat has been better than expected so far.

Just turn the chat off and enjoy the show.

I could have done without Microsoft. Ubi has been the best so far.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Three0neFive

That's because, up until Ubisoft, everything was complete and utter shit.

Microsoft: Halo, Gears of War, Gears of War with terrorists, Gears of War with zombies, Uncharted with tits, Kinect tech demos, glorified cable packages.

EA: Sims, Facebook, Gears of War with different space marines

Ubisoft: RETURN OF THE ARENA SHOOTER, FUCK YES NEW RAYMAN, HOLY SHIT SLAUGHTERING REDCOAT SCUM FUCK YES, GODDAMN GHOST IN THE SHELL WITH SEAMLESS ONLINE JESUS TITTYFUCK MUNCHIES

Avatar image for deathmachine117
Deathmachine117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Deathmachine117

Its fun to hate on things that the majority of people watching will enjoy.

I can take constructive criticism on E3 but when the majority of it is in reference to some women having the sheer audacity to showcase a game on stage instead of "Going back to the kitchen". It kills me inside.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By UnrealDP

@Breadfan said:

This has probably already been requoted, but this. It sucks and this community's awesome, but that chat is just such an atrocious downer.

Cheiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#146  Edited By Cheiba

@JacDG: I agree with you 100%.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#147  Edited By BaneFireLord
@Three0neFive: You forgot HOLY FUCK THAT'S A TIGER ON FIRE
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By napalm

@UnrealDP said:

@Breadfan said:

This has probably already been requoted, but this. It sucks and this community's awesome, but that chat is just such an atrocious downer.

Yeah, it is bad, especially when you want to express a relatively tame opinion, it gets overshadowed by idiots spamming racist and sickening things over and over again.

EDIT: set up an IRC channel that was about a hundred times better, devoid of the racist/hurtful shit.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Barrock said:

Anyone else tired of people complaining about third person shooters with cover?

I wanted to reach through the internet and punch people complaining that Watch Dogs dare feature shooting!

Yeah that kind of annoyed me, it looks like they give you the tools to avoid shooting. Not sure why it's inclusion should spoil anything.

But as for complaining about Cover Based TPS in general. I don't really think Dead Space needs cover, that one just seemed a bit weird.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By RedRoach

I agree, EVERY fucking thing shown today, even The Last of US and Watch_Dogs someone has something make fun of. There was literally no time today where the majority of comments weren't negative. People were complaining about how the boat sequence in AC3 isn't realistic. Really? Even the last of us people were bitching that it looked like uncharted.