#1 Posted by JacDG (2124 posts) -

Man, you guys are really bumming me out, I was looking forward to chatting about the E3 with the community, but the negativity going on in the chat during press conferences is startling, almost sickening. Why does everything shown need to be met with negative and sarcastic comments? 90% of the comments are as annoying, generic and old as the games you apparently feel the need to insult every year, you don't like shooters and sports games, maybe don't watch the EA press conference, they do the show pretty much the same stuff every year, why are you all so surprised, maybe you don't like the games but that is really not an excuse to insult, bitch and moan, some people might actually be excited about the new Medal of Honor or whatnot. Maybe I should just stop paying attention to the chat unless it's about some Valve or Blizzard thing, because otherwise I'm probably just going to be disappointed in this community, maybe I just forgot how it always is, I was just hoping for more maturity out of this community, guess not.

#2 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

E3 increases whiny bitching ten-fold.

#3 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

Welcome to how the Video Game audience has been since 2011 as far as I'm concerned.

#4 Posted by Dalai (7029 posts) -

It's the internet. We're all a bunch of cynical assholes. I'm not surprised.

#5 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Always turn off chat. Always.

#6 Posted by EXTomar (4724 posts) -

It is cynical but I have seen too much hype that didn't pay off over too many years. You can always close the chat window if you don't want to see other comments.

#7 Posted by Deadmanforking (577 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

#8 Posted by PEIWARRIOR (11 posts) -

I think the Microsoft press conference got everybody fired up because of how little they focused on the actual games. Kinect and the bad xbox dashboard does that to people. :)

#9 Posted by JacDG (2124 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

I guess that will have to be my solution, it's a bummer but better than being annoyed by the cynicism of the internet I guess.

#10 Posted by believer258 (11903 posts) -

@PEIWARRIOR said:

I think the Microsoft press conference got everybody fired up because of how little they focused on the actual games. Kinect and the bad xbox dashboard does that to people. :)

That.

I only caught the tail end of the EA E3 show and in 20 minutes they showed more video games than Microsoft did at all, though I can't be certain of the rest of the show since I didn't see it all.

I'm most interested in Dead Space - how did it look?

#11 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3867 posts) -

It's like a contest to see who can out-snark out-bitch everyone else. Congrats guys, you're marginally more tolerable then youtube comments.

@believer258 said:

@PEIWARRIOR said:

That.

I only caught the tail end of the EA E3 show and in 20 minutes they showed more video games than Microsoft did at all, though I can't be certain of the rest of the show since I didn't see it all.

It LOOKED really good. But it also looked super actiony. I'm not gonna make any assumptions yet but I hope they're not moving farther away from horror.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Microsoft was super underwhelming and EAs was just predictable. Not a very good E3 so far but nothing to flip out about.

#13 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Wouldn't have expected anything less, welcome to every damn day. 
I'm excited for a bunch of the stuff being shown so far.  

Edit: My trick to fully getting rid of the morons is to just use the pop-out feature that the player has (if you go on Twitch.tv and view it there) 
Then you can just shut down Giant bomb and have the stream running on one screen and do whatever else you feel like doing on the other screen. 

#14 Posted by wewantsthering (1565 posts) -

Most of the conferences/games they showcased were mediocre or took games in bad directions (Deadspace 3) so what did you expect? If you don't want that then don't read the comments, especially on GB.

#15 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

I just turned the video up to full screen. This community is awful and I no longer enjoy having discussions with any of you.

#16 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

E3 has been incredibly underwhelming so far. I can understand the frustration. It's just the same stuff over and over...

#17 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Maybe they should show good games

#18 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

You're so negative about the chat

#19 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1246 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

Microsoft was super underwhelming and EAs was just predictable. Not a very good E3 so far but nothing to flip out about.

Exactly

#20 Posted by GS_Dan (1403 posts) -

So far this E3 has been much better than last year, at least in my opinion. Still waiting on Sony and Nintendo obviously, but MS showed things that were actually interesting to me.

#21 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

The Microsoft one legitimately sucked. And EA is "the worst company in the world" so nothing they could show would get the hive mind on their side.

It's times like this that I really miss having the Tested chat running in tandem during live shows.

#22 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

No Games Shown - Moan

New IP - Looks Meh

Sequel - Boring, Same old same old.

A pattern that I noticed, so what exactly do people want?

#23 Posted by Brendan (7807 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@PEIWARRIOR said:

That.

Kind of like Lost Planet in spots. It looks interesting.

#24 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@Dalai said:

This. E3 has not been very good this year.

#25 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Haha. What exactly got you fired up this year that the chat killed your hopes for?

#26 Posted by BadSniper52 (608 posts) -

I feel the same, and Giant Bomb don't really have assholes like that.

#27 Posted by Landon (4143 posts) -

Well, if they stop making terrible announcements then there will stop being negative comments.

#28 Posted by TheHT (11250 posts) -

the chat's fun during the E3 podcasts. during the conferences i've been turning it off, and turning it on the odd time i want to write something just to put it out there.

#29 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Microsoft's press conference was boring as shit and EA wasn't much better.

#30 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Also Medal of Honor literally made me hate all video games

#31 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I've done my best not to look at reactions to a lot of the things I've seen coming out of E3 so far and it's increased my enjoyment of it by quite a bit. Gamers tend to be a reactionary, overdramatic bunch and take things a bit too seriously. Even if the Microsoft conference wasn't that great, I'm genuinely excited for Tomb Raider, South Park and Splinter Cell. The same goes for some of the games EA showed at their conference.

#32 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

Just turn the chat off, like people said. It's just annoying to see people complain about things that aren't even worth getting mad about. Though this has been a fairly tame E3 so far, but it's what always happens the year before new console reveals.

#33 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

As said by others, Microsoft didnt say much about games and EA is really hated by a lot of people, myself included.

#34 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

So far they have deserved all the hate at the moment. Other than a few games, it's been fairly uneventful.

#35 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

We're jaded enthusiasts. This stuff that EA and Microsoft just showed wasn't impressive or very interesting. Sure I expected these to be underwhelming, but that doesn't mean it's okay for them to be.

#36 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
#37 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3867 posts) -

@Landon said:

Well, if they stop making terrible announcements then there will stop being negative comments.

You don't really believe that do you? Bemoaning bad announcements (and there's been some stinkers) is one thing. Constant sarcasm about everything shown on the screen is another completely. They could announce a new console that combines all three, is 5 times stronger and costs $5 and some asshat would have some snarky stupid comment about it.

#38 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

Hey dude, stop looking at the chat.

#39 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Expected, yet annoying

#40 Posted by thornie (169 posts) -

The fact that the woman who demo'd Wreckateer was trending worldwide on twitter because she was "hot" is all you need to know about the video game community. Cynical, pathetic, immature, etc etc... Just turn the chat off and make up your own mind.

#41 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

It's like this every year. As much as I love the Giantbomb community, the immaturity and general dickishness really shows through come E3.

It's not exactly been a brilliant show so far, but that doesn't excuse the attitudes most people seem to have.

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@JacDG: Indeed. I think people mis-manage their expectations. I've been enjoying my day off from work sitting back and seeing all the events unfold. The whole thing is a lot more fun if you look at it through a positive bent. Not everything announced needs to be for you. =)

#43 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@JacDG said:

Man, you guys are really bumming me out, I was looking forward to chatting about the E3 with the community, but the negativity going on in the chat during press conferences is startling, almost sickening. Why does everything shown need to be met with negative and sarcastic comments? 90% of the comments are as annoying, generic and old as the games you apparently feel the need to insult every year, you don't like shooters and sports games, maybe don't watch the EA press conference, they do the show pretty much the same stuff every year, why are you all so surprised, maybe you don't like the games but that is really not an excuse to insult, bitch and moan, some people might actually be excited about the new Medal of Honor or whatnot. Maybe I should just stop paying attention to the chat unless it's about some Valve or Blizzard thing, because otherwise I'm probably just going to be disappointed in this community, maybe I just forgot how it always is, I was just hoping for more maturity out of this community, guess not.

Ha ! Ha ! You're pretty negative yourself. NFS Paradise looked promising but forgive me for not cheering at the 8th military shooter demo in a row. Also, Linkin Park really hit the spot. It made it better in a wierd way.

#44 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

E3 gets everyone's expectations and excitement levels increased tenfold and so almost everything shown fails to meet the required expectation resulting in the bitchy comments often seen. That and once you get a couple of thousand people in a chatroom there is bound to be a lot more negativity posted than positivity. Because the people enjoying the show are too busy watching it and don't want to miss out on details by typing up comments to post in a chat.

#45 Edited by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy: People seemed to be pretty into NFS.

Most of the stuff everyone is being cynical about kind of deserves it.

EA: Deadspace looked like it was turned into another shooter, dwindling MMO from 6 months ago, Military shooter, Military shooter, Soccer (Americans hate it) with social hooks, Sandbox Shooter, NFS.

#46 Posted by Bocam (3750 posts) -

@Animasta said:

Also Medal of Honor literally made me hate all video games

Pretty much this

#47 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

@Dalai said:

I feel handicapped, i'm british, cynical is my natural outlook on life :)

I was bored with MS tbh, but Halo looked good to me i liked the weapons designs, although they felt reminiscent of that game which came out on the wii made by sega, i can't remember its name

#48 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Cool.

I'm glad your annoyed with all my negativity. Knowing your effected by it, I will now spout it 100 fold!

#49 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3867 posts) -

@ExplodeMode: That's actually I think of the few announcements mostly snark free but its definitely the only good announcement.

I think people forget too that this is sorta the last gasp for this generation so its gonna be a lot of sequels and known quantities while devs gear up for the next. Regardless it would be nice to be in a Giant Bomb chat that didn't sound like it was filled with angry 15 year olds.

#50 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@eclipsesis said:

@Dalai said:

I feel handicapped, i'm british, cynical is my natural outlook on life :)

I was bored with MS tbh, but Halo looked good to me i liked the weapons designs, although they felt reminiscent of that game which came out on the wii made by sega, i can't remember its name

Conduit?