The Xbox 360 is basicly the Sega Genesis of our time.

• 73 results
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By get2sammyb
alexl86 said:
"Finally, and I don't really want to do this, but the PS3 is the Jaguar, only a little more comercially successful. It's amped up to be way more powerful than the competition, but none of the developers actually utilize the power. Also, it's pricetag is about the same as both the competitors put together. Like the Jaguar, the PS3 also have some of the best games of the generation, but just not enough of them."
/thread. *rolls eyes*
Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By Tasus
NinjaSquirrel said:
"I dunno man. I sorta feel like the xbox 360 is sorta kinda the xbox of this generation. I mean due to the fact that there's xbox right  there in the name.
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Xbox 360 is made by Microsoft, not Sega."
I don't think you guys know what this thread is about....
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Drebin_893

I think they know exactly what this thread is about....

HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By HiroSeven

In my opinion, the systems that held the crown for one of the best systems of it's time are as follows: Atari,  NES, SNES, PS2, and for now, the XBOX 360. True, there have been some games on the Sega systems that I've loved to play, the NHL series by EA sports were always funner on the Genesis than on any other system for instance. Also, who can forget about the Dreamcast?

For sheer fun and having the most options available to you as far as games, the systems that I've listed were/are probably the best.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BiggerBomb
Dr_Cash said:
"As we all know The Sega Genesis is regarded is one of if not the best game system ever. And even though the SNES may of been a bit more powerful. And yes the SNES had a good run also. And a lot of fans. I think we know the Sega Genesis was an alltime awsom system and best ever in a lot of peoples minds.

The Xbox 360 is kind of following in the same path. It has all the games it has the best controller and is the most liked system for this and it is just basicly the cool system to have the the Sega was back in the day.

Now yes I know most will come in and say bu bu bu what about rrod. Well the Sega Genesis had it's issues also. It had that bad habit of your wire connecting to the back going bad after a few years and you would have to play with it a lot. Either way the 360 just feels alot like the Sega Genesis. It is the cool system to have and has all the bad ass games that most want and the better versions just like the Sega did.

I think when all is said and done after this gen. Not by sales numbers but just by cult classic way of thinking the Xbox 360 will be right there as an alltime great game system."

Stop talking.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Drebin_893
NinjaSquirrel said:
Because the point that the guy made that they're both "cult classic" systems and both have "cool guy" games... well,
Look over here.
Yeah, look over here.
Nope."

I - I Don't think that plays.....
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By oldschool
Dr_Cash said:
"LordAndrew said:
"The Xbox 360 is too much of a mainstream success to be a cult classic."
When I say cult classic. I mean I can see people in 10-15 years still buying used 360's in pawn shops or online to go back and play like Halo 3 or Gears. I can not see that happening for say Killzone or something on PS3."
Comedy gold right there!!!!!!!!!

Only if MS extend the warranty for 20 years.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59  Edited By Karmum

Yeah, except for the fact that the SNES won that generation.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By StarFoxA

I disagree. There are some similarities, but none of the ones that you list are really applicable. Besides, the Genesis definitely wasn't as good as the SNES (don't get me wrong, both were awesome).

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By azteris
Dr_Cash said:
"As we all know The Sega Genesis is regarded is one of if not the best game system ever.
By who?
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PowerSerj
Azteris said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"As we all know The Sega Genesis is regarded is one of if not the best game system ever.
By who?"
By everyone, obv. I mean c'mon, this is Dr_Cash, he knows his videogames.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63  Edited By Geno

First of all, why is everybody down starring this guy? It's a weird trend on these forums.

Secondly, he's wrong. No system with 60% failure rate can even dream of being an all time great system.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am perplexed by the presence of two users:

Dr_Cash, why aren't you banned yet?

and

SmugDarkLoser, aren't you supposed to be away or something?

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Rio

Dr_Cash loves to use the term cult classic, but I dont think he knows what it means lol.  God his threads are bad( in an entertaining way).

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#66  Edited By gla55jAw

I never had a Genesis, I had a Super Nintendo (and I never once called it a "snes" btw). So this similie doesn't really work for me. Although I do have a 360.

Dr_Cash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#67  Edited By Dr_Cash
Geno said:
"First of all, why is everybody down starring this guy? It's a weird trend on these forums. Secondly, he's wrong. No system with 60% failure rate can even dream of being an all time great system. "

Geno said:

"First of all, why is everybody down starring this guy? It's a weird trend on these forums. Secondly, he's wrong. No system with 60% failure rate can even dream of being an all time great system. "

Yet it obliterates the compitition in software sales. That says in a HUGE WAY ONE FUCKING AWSOME GAMING SYSTEM.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By Milkman
Dr_Cash said:
"Geno said:

Geno said:

Yet it obliterates the compitition in software sales. That says in a HUGE WAY ONE FUCKING AWSOME GAMING SYSTEM."
If you use that logic, then the Wii is the greatest system of all-time.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By azteris
Geno said:
"First of all, why is everybody down starring this guy? "
Geno said:
" No system with 60% failure rate can even dream of being an all time great system. "

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MOLE

NES is considered the best console of all time.  Its what saved the U.S video game industry from falling apart completely.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By StaticFalconar

So the OP just wanted to say he is a Sega and MS fanboy.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#72  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I can't name 10 genesis exclusive games that I would want to play. (I don't like sonic, even in his good form). Therefore this guy has said something stupid in order to attract attention, which he has been given. Congratulations Internet. You win.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Dr_Cash said:
Everyone new is was the cool system and had tha bad ass games.
Please take a moment to read this sentence a few times out loud.  Now that you have done that, please never post here again.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#75  Edited By ArbitraryWater
LuckyWanderDude said:
"ArbitraryWater said:
"I can't name 10 genesis exclusive games that I would want to play. (I don't like sonic, even in his good form). Therefore this guy has said something stupid in order to attract attention, which he has been given. Congratulations Internet. You win."
So because YOU don't like the Genesis, his opinion is stupid?"
The bit about how I don't like the Genesis was just a sidenote. His opinion is stupid because he is obviously trying to attract attention by saying something that is contrary to the opinion of the masses.
Tasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#76  Edited By Tasus
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Dr_Cash said:
Everyone new is was the cool system and had tha bad ass games.
Please take a moment to read this sentence a few times out loud.  Now that you have done that, please never post here again."
This
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By LiquidPrince
Dr_Cash said:
"As we all know The Sega Genesis is regarded is one of if not the best game system ever. And even though the SNES may of been a bit more powerful. And yes the SNES had a good run also. And a lot of fans. I think we know the Sega Genesis was an alltime awsom system and best ever in a lot of peoples minds.The Xbox 360 is kind of following in the same path. It has all the games it has the best controller and is the most liked system for this and it is just basicly the cool system to have the the Sega was back in the day.Now yes I know most will come in and say bu bu bu what about rrod. Well the Sega Genesis had it's issues also. It had that bad habit of your wire connecting to the back going bad after a few years and you would have to play with it a lot. Either way the 360 just feels alot like the Sega Genesis. It is the cool system to have and has all the bad ass games that most want and the better versions just like the Sega did.I think when all is said and done after this gen. Not by sales numbers but just by cult classic way of thinking the Xbox 360 will be right there as an alltime great game system."
Smug? Is that you?
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By RedSox8933
LiquidPrince said:
"Dr_Cash said:
"As we all know The Sega Genesis is regarded is one of if not the best game system ever. And even though the SNES may of been a bit more powerful. And yes the SNES had a good run also. And a lot of fans. I think we know the Sega Genesis was an alltime awsom system and best ever in a lot of peoples minds.The Xbox 360 is kind of following in the same path. It has all the games it has the best controller and is the most liked system for this and it is just basicly the cool system to have the the Sega was back in the day.Now yes I know most will come in and say bu bu bu what about rrod. Well the Sega Genesis had it's issues also. It had that bad habit of your wire connecting to the back going bad after a few years and you would have to play with it a lot. Either way the 360 just feels alot like the Sega Genesis. It is the cool system to have and has all the bad ass games that most want and the better versions just like the Sega did.I think when all is said and done after this gen. Not by sales numbers but just by cult classic way of thinking the Xbox 360 will be right there as an alltime great game system."
Smug? Is that you?"
Come on, that's mean. Dr_Cash is waaay worse than Smug.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BiggerBomb
RedSox8933 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Dr_Cash said:
Smug? Is that you?"
Come on, that's mean. Dr_Cash is waaay worse than Smug."

But Dr_Cash is an actual troll. Smug is just an idiot.
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#80  Edited By RedSox8933
BiggerBomb said:
"RedSox8933 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Dr_Cash said:
Smug? Is that you?"
Come on, that's mean. Dr_Cash is waaay worse than Smug."
But Dr_Cash is an actual troll. Smug is just an idiot."
True true.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By iamjohn

Posting in a Dr_Cash thread.