Top 5 Favorite Games of the Gen (Blog Post)

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Calidreth
From my blog: http://www.eyeofthevoid.com

* 5 *

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Bethesda Software
PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Original release date: March 20, 2006

The Elder Scrolls series has always been somewhat of a mystery to me.  The first two games in the series were overlooked almost entirely, with its first claim to fame being Morrowind on the first Xbox.  Morrowind was the primary example (at the time) of how a sandbox game should be done.  Large, immerse lands, plenty of customization, and an eerie dark theme helped propel the game to legendary status.  I remember Morrowind being the “go to” game if we ever got tired of playing capture-the-flag in Halo, and boy was that few and far between. So when Oblivion was announced, naturally I almost pissed myself . . . almost. Thinking of a large world similar to that of Morrowind’s, with all the bells and whistles that the 360 offered, was truly something to wait patiently for.  And our patience was rewarded when Bethesda tossed the game into stores in early 2006.  What followed was weeks upon weeks of immersion, more so than any non-MMORPG game I had ever played.  Whether it was the improved battle system, beautiful musical tracks, or the real-time realism of each NPC’s daily life within the world, Oblivion showed, at the time, that it was at the pinnacle of modern gaming.  Sure there were some bugs and glitches and occasionally you’d go through a dungeon that looked exactly like the previous one, but the positives well outweighed the negatives in this package; it’s aged pretty damn nicely too.

* 4 * 

The Orange Box

Valve
Original release date: October 10, 2007

What happens when you take three amazing games (five) and put them together in one sexy package for 50 bucks?  You get the greatness that is the Orange Box. I don’t know who from Valve thought of this, but whoever it was they deserve to be president of the damn company.  Even before people got their hands on the game, they knew that this would be something special.  In one package you have one of the best single player games of all time (Half Life 2) , an award winning multi-player FPS (Team Fortress 2), and the most innovative game of 2007 (Portal); how the hell can you wrong?  You can’t, and with the solid Steam mainframe backing all three up, The Orange Box was and still is the best video game package deal of all time.  Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go get some more Sniper achievements in Team Fortress 2.

* 3 *

Braid

Number None, Hothead Games
PC, PlayStation 3 (Arcade), Xbox 360 (Arcade)
Original release date: August 6, 2008

Once in a while things just get a little too stale, and we become way too used to the tried and true.  Thankfully a little game calledBraid came and challenged our mercurial sides.  Chilling, creepy, and brilliant in every way, Braid is easily the most innovative game of 2009 and possibly the best overall game as well.  For those that don’t follow every big release out there or really live under a rock,Braid is the story of a young, suited man trying to save a damsel in distress within a world of devastating traps and anthropomorphic creatures.  What makes the plot so fantastic is that it is intentionally ambiguous and leads you on in a unique, metaphoric way as you journey from stage to stage.  You will accomplish this by getting from one side of the stage to the other, but in a unique fashion involving time manipulation.  Now we’ve seen this mechanic fail before (cough *Blink* cough), but Braid does it in a way that will challenge everything you know about platforming.  Though near the beginning of the game you will use this mechanic to merely re-correct your errors, later you will use it to accomplish specific goals that change from level to level.  Believe me when I say there is nothing else like it out there, and for the mere price of 15 dollars, you’d have to be a fool not to pick it up . . . a fool I say!

* 2 *

Super Mario Galaxy

Nintendo
Nintendo Wii
Original release date: November 12, 2007

Mario, oh Mario let me count the ways.  That time in Super Mario World when we managed to beat Bowser on our very last life with no special items remaining, or the time in Super Mario 64 when we got the 120th star in the red coin rainbow level.  Now before I become completely comatose with nostalgia it is imperative I announce my second favorite game of the year.  Super Mario Galaxyraised a lot of suspicions prior to its release.  Primarily because Sunshine, for many, was a bit of a let-down compared to its legendary predecessor Super Mario 64. Not everyone felt that way, but the lack of diversity in the level environments and the awful camera brought down the value quite a bit (also, I pray that they fired the voice actor for Bowser in that game — whoo-boy). Anyway,Galaxy completely evaporated those concerns and brought to us a platforming experience that was so polished and unique that you couldn’t help but get excited.  Though the range of each planetary stage was small, Galaxy made up for it with brilliant controls and some tough platforming moments.  All in all, there’s a reason this is the third highest rated game on GameRankings.  Super Mario Galaxy is proof that when Nintendo gets Mario in his element, there’s not many other gaming franchises that can keep up with him.

* 1 *

Dragon Age: Origins

Bioware
Original release date: November 3, 2009

Yes, I’m aware that the game hasn’t even been out a month yet . . . but it doesn’t matter.  Dragon Age: Origins is game that may suffer from a few technical issues here and there and may not be the most polished game, but its’ other facets allow it to shine above the title’s minor flaws.  With plenty of customization and brilliant story-telling, Bioware really made me feel like I was in the world of Ferelden.  Whether I was slaying the dark-spawn horde, engulfing the horizon with an inferno spell, or getting it on with the hot female lead Morrigan, Dragon Age kept me completely entranced within its 50+ hour adventure.  Also, the in-depth “conversation” dynamic that Bioware is so known for is back again and better than ever.  Having four or five options with which to answer someone truly gets you engrossed in your character,  making you feel like you are that Elven mage or Dwarven rogue that has been called on to save the world from the Blight.  And even though I’ve put 57 hours into this game, I still have the alternate backgrounds and the DLC to go through as well.  All in all, Dragon Age: Origins is the most well-rounded title this generation and without a doubt, my number one game thus far. 

There's mine folks, what are yours?     

And by "gen" I mean anything from November 2005 - November 2009.
Tragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Tragon

Good list, I'd have to say mine so far are: 

-Metal Gear Solid 4 
-Dragon Age Oirigns 
-Fallout 3 
-Orange Box 
-The Witcher

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Alex_V

Nice read. But calling The Orange Box a game is a bit of a stretch - it's a retail package. On that basis the Valve Complete Pack (sold on Steam) is even better than the Orange Box.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I've spent nearly 100 hours with Oblivion. Fantastic game.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By delta_ass

I'm not sure The Orange Box counts as a game.

Very weary of that. Collections... not quite a game. It's disturbing me. I'm disturbed here. Might not be valid.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Ineedaname
@Delta_Ass said:
" I'm not sure The Orange Box counts as a game.  Very weary of that. Collections... not quite a game. It's disturbing me. I'm disturbed here. Might not be valid. "
I also am disturbed.
I refuse to post my list unless there's further clarification.
NeoGecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeoGecko

does the port of psychonauts count? but really good list.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By unchained

It seems we have similar tastes for the most part. 

My list for this gen would be: 

5. Dawn of War 2
 5. Dawn of War 2

4. Assassin's Creed 2
 4. Assassin's Creed 2

3. The Witcher
 3. The Witcher

2. Fable II
2. Fable II

1. Dragon Age: Origins
Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Captain_Insano

5. Fallout 3

4. Gears of War 1 & 2

3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Note: This list is subject to change after I start playing PS3 post Christmas and get Assassins Creed 2

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By alexl86

I imagine everyone's vote for Dragon Age is due to it's recent release. I highly doubt it'll be as high next year. Anyway, here's mine:

5. Dragon Age: Origins

4. Fallout 3

3. Mass Effect 

2. Grand Theft Auto IV

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Edit: Clarification. I didn't mean having Dragon Age on the list, it's a great game. However, I don't think it's better than Mass Effect, certainly not the best game of the entire generation.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By penguindust
  • Crackdown
  • World of Warcraft
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Crackdown doesn't always make my "best of" lists because I believe it is a flawed game, but in spite of its shortcoming, it's also one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've ever had.  It's not a great game and it doesn't advance the medium in any substantial way, but it was fun.  Plain ol' everyday laugh-my-ass-off-at-the-silliness-of-it fun.
Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Calidreth
Haha, yeah some people would discount Orange Box as a game but I think it's fitting.  In the end, I'd probably put Portal, Team Fortress 2, or Half Life 2 at number 4 seeing as how they're all great games.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By septim
  • Oblivion
  • Gears of War
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Uncharted 2
  • Call of Duty 4

Assassin's Creed 2 and Bioshock are honorable mentions. Bioshock would have made this list had it not been for Batman outdoing it in the atmosphere and story-telling departments.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

That's a HARD question. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Calidreth
Yeah it definitely took me a while to narrow down my choices.  There have been so many good games that have come out in this last year alone.  A lot of people say this gen hasn't had many good games, but that'd only be possible if you have no versatility in your tastes whatsoever.  
ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ATrevelan

I'd go with FEAR, Fallout 3, Crysis/Warhead, Mass Effect, and The Witcher in no particular order. Although, I feel it should be noted that the Witcher would still make it on my list without the enhanced edition. That game sucked me in even with it's frequently awful dialogue and 3 NPC character models in the original version.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King

People are getting pissed about Orange Box being on there? What about Dragon Age? I'm not calling it bad, just a premature choice.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Well, okay, your list is well done, but I'm definitely going to have to disagree with some of the choices. I've never been able to get much enjoyment out of Oblivion and certain aspects of it consistently annoy the heck out of me. I've tried and tried, and still want to keep trying, but I don't know if it'll ever happen. Seeing that picture of an Oblivion gate really makes me want to give it another shot. On the other hand, I've absolutely loved Fallout 3, though I think it totally fixed many of Oblivion's faults and was far more immersive and interesting to me. I declare thatr Super Mario Galaxy is the most overrated video game of all time. I've written much about it's problems in the past, but I stupidly never made a blog about it and just would gripe about it in other people's threads. I'd like to explain all of it's problems, but jeez, it's been a couple years now, so a lot of details are fuzzy, but I think all in all the game was simply mediocre in nearly every conceivable way. I kept optimistically waiting for it to get better, and well, it never did. 

The Orange Box is pretty fantastic from what I've played, but I still got plenty of work to do. A great value, to be sure. I think Braid is a pretty outstanding game as well, though I'd call it the most innovative game of 2008, not 2009. Though I suspect you must have played the PC or PS3 versions, which just came out about a year after the Xbox 360's. Still, not many gripes about that one. Definitely impressive. I'm not too big on RPGs, so I don't know if I'll like Dragon Age, but considering all the positive feedback I'm hearing about it, I think I'll at least have to rent it. Okay, okay. I'm saying way too much and haven't even started naming my own choices. I'm only going to list my top 3 because outside of these 3, I'm not satisfied with the other games I've come up with.  

3. Fallout 3 - I went into this one not expecting much out of it. It's Bethesda's follow-up game to Oblivion, which I didn't like, it was using the same engine as Oblivion and would have similar gameplay, and also I almost no interest in the post-apocalyptic setting. It turns out I've absolutely loved nearly every single minute of this game. I was sucked in right from the start and have been totally enamored with this world ever since. I have run into a few unfortunate glitches, but aside from that, I've had a blast. I'm currently awaiting my copy of the Game of the Year edition in the mail. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - This game changed everything. For everyone. I don't think many would argue against me saying that this is probably the greatest war game ever made. Heck, I don't think many would argue against me claiming that it's one of the best first-person shooters ever made. The gameplay was top-notch, the presentation was stunning, the story was captivating. This game is absolutely stellar. Sure, it's a bit on the short side, but I'm a big supporter of quality over quantity. The campaign is totally remarkable and I think it's certainly a long enough game. It's just that it's so good that you wish there was more to it. This is without a doubt one of the finest games of this generation. But you already knew that.

1. Grand Theft Auto IV - Some people hate it. I think they mostly just misunderstand it. With GTAIV, the GTA series grew up and got more serious. Some people have had a difficult time adjusting to that, but I think it was necessary for the series to evolve. Rockstar has been raising the bar with the GTA series for years, and I think they were running out of room for the crazy, over-the-top style from GTA IV's predecessors. GTAIV approaches things on a more personal level, where you feel strong attachments to many of the characters. The driving is much less arcade-like and shooting has been improved. Rockstar created a monster of a city with recreating Liberty City, and the amount of stuff to see in the game is pretty incredible. Some of it works, like the internet, while some of it doesn't, like the comedy clubs. I do think some areas in the game could have been better, like for instance, they screwed up the import/export garage, and the DJs really just aren't anywhere near as funny as they once were. Okay, but I'm dwelling too much on
some of my gripes when the game. All in all, the game does a whole lot right. It's presentation is top of the line. It's new characters are some of the most intriguing in the series. The story is deeper and more serious. Nearly everything about the game is bigger and better, including the gameplay. The level of detail in everything is just absolutely incredible. There's so much to do and see, and that's not even counting the robust multiplayer. Rockstar proved with GTAIV that they're still the King in this business.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By sjschmidt93
BRAID IS NOT THAT GOOD!
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

@SJSchmidt93 said:
" BRAID IS NOT THAT GOOD! "
Blasphemy!
Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Calidreth
To Guero:

Yeah a lot of people think that it's too "soon" to put Dragon Age on the list, but as long as you play and beat a game, you can factor it in with titles that came out earlier.  The fact that I've put in over 60 hours into Dragon Age and plan on starting a new file demonstrates the game's value at least.  There hasn't been a game since Oblivion that has kept me so entranced.  If you haven't played it I implore you to go get it.  And yes, I did play the PC version of Braid, hence why I said "2009."  Keep your lists coming.
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By ki11tank

MGS4
GOW 1/2
WOW vanilla/tbc
Uncharted 1/2

those are the only games that made me either say holy fuck this good, or i've spent waaaaaay to much time playing and having fun with.

might be more but i can't remember them atm, made the list in like 3 mins.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By Cube

1. Uncharted 2 
2. Super Mario Galaxy 
3. MGS4 
4. Fable II 
5. Killzone 2

DewRequired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By DewRequired

In no particular order...

• Call of Duty 4
  • Modern Warfare 2
  • Rock Band (1, 2, Beatles... they're all amazing)
  • GRAW2 (Obscure I know, but for how many hours I sunk into that game I can't leave it out)
  • Probably CoD: WaW honestly

Not a lot of diversity, I know. haha
 EDIT: Braid, Geometry Wars 2, and Portal are also very close to the top.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

5. Resistance 2 

4. Dead Space 

3. BioShock 

2. Saints Row 2 

1. Uncharted 2 

Sucha shame none of my sequels to the classic franchises couldn't get onto my list, but everyone has been a dissapointment for me really. =/
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hatking

5. Oblivion
One of the first games of this generation I played.  I didn't get sucked in right away but once the DLC started rolling out I went back in and put over 300 hours in.  I've probably put more time into this game than any other game I've ever played.  There are a lot of flaws and sketchy bits to it, but I was able to ignore them and enjoy wasting weeks of my life in Cyrodiil.  On a side note this past week I've decided to dive back in on the PC version of the game, as I am away from my 360.

4. BioShock
One of the first games I was really looking forward to playing this generation cycle.  I followed the hype for quite some time and bought the 'super-duper' edition on release.  I remember going through the broken Big Daddy statue fiasco and I even made a goofy fan music video with the statue.  I loved every minute of this game... that is right up until the last two or three minutes when they must have run out of time and had two guys try to wrap up a brilliant story in about 130 seconds.  Still the game was filled with some of my most memorable moments in gaming history and I'll remember it fondly because of that.

3. Fallout 3
Bethesda knows how to steal my time away.  Funny thing is that it started just the same way it did with Oblivion, I played a bit got lost and didn't pick it back up until they started rolling out DLC.  I had some love hate moments with the game, I remember several times turning it off and saying "Well, I'm never playing that again..."  Sure enough some time would pass and I'd pop it back in.  Granted I didn't lose quite 300 hours to it like I did with Oblivion, but I did enjoy it a lot more.  I think they learned a lot from Oblivion and fixed up most of the sketchiness of that game... too bad they still don't know how to end a story... that seems to be a running theme with these games.

2. Mass Effect
Not exceptionally long or technically that great of a game, but the story and characters will grab you.  If you allow yourself to become attached to this game then it will hold on tight and won't let go until... well I still have days when I think back of how awesome Wrex is.  The story in this game is fantastic, if you have any appreciation for Star Wars, Star Trek or just science fiction at all then you'd be doing yourself a great favor to play through this.  I plan to play through it one more time before Mass Effect 2 comes out, although it is becoming clear how poorly the gameplay of the game has aged going back, I hope they can improve those aspects for the sequel.

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
This might seem cliche' but I don't care, I love this game.  The story is one of the greatest ever told in gaming, it will strike you with a true feeling of regret and helplessness if you complete it.  On top of a heart wrenching story they were able to create a game that is fun to just play.  Say what you will about Saint Row's craziness, but when I smash a firetruck into a taxi cab flattening it against a wall, then get inside the taxi cab to discover the only thing preventing it from functioning is the wheels being jammed into the driver's seat I get really happy.  Even something as small as the radio in the game has struck me pretty hard, I've discovered some pretty great music from it, LCD Soundsystem is now one of my favorite artists.  They expanded the game with two expansions, which seem pretty successful, I guess you're doing something right when people judge your expansions as critically as they'd judge a full game.  I've yet to play Gay Tony, but not because of a lack on interest, because I haven't been able to afford it, but when I get the funds it is one of the first things I plan to buy. 

All this talk makes me want to go and play some of these games... unfortunately I don't have my 360 here so I'm going to go cry in a corner.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Calidreth
Nice list, never got around to playing Grand Theft Auto 4, but I heard it's quite the game.  Haven't played the series since Vice City, so it would be interesting to see how much everything's changed.
moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By moelarrycurly

Hmm... alright, I guess I'll give this a go. 

5. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 
I don't care what anyone says, this game is essentially the epitome of the Zelda formula, refined to perfection.  Nintendo absolutely nailed it.
4. Batman: Arkham Asylum 
Rocksteady has not only made the GREATEST superhero game of all time, but it has made an awesome genre-crossing experience: stealth and combat all come together perfectly.
3. Grand Theft Auto IV 
God damn, this game was awesome.  Yeah yeah, I know, it got 10s on plenty of sites, but it totally deserved it.  Rockstar made a masterpiece... again.
2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 
The greatest action/adventure experience on any system this gen.  It's application of cut scenes works WAY better than MGS4, and the multiplayer never gets old.
1. Super Mario Galaxy 
It's Mario.  In space.  Period.  I ended up getting all 242 stars in this game, simply because it was so good.  I'm absolutely stoked for the sequel.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By angelfan91

1. Mass Effect 
2. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 
3. Bioshock 
4. Assassin's Creed II 
5. Borderlands
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Whisperkill

5. Fallout 3

4. Oblivion

3. Braid

2. Bioshock

1. The Orange Box

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#31  Edited By gla55jAw

5. Bioshock 
4. COD4 
3. MGS4 
2. Modern Warfare 2
1. Rainbow Six Vegas
Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Phaseshift

I'll do 10 as 5 hurts.
10. Assassins Creed 2 : More parkour, more Silent death, more missions
9. MGS4 : This game/movie had me from start to finish
8. Dragon age origins : Bioware know how to drive narrative
7. Mass Effect : "
6. Forza 3 : Great car visuals and brilliant custom options a must for all
5. Bioshock : This game was fun and pulled me in with its 1930's neo outlook
4. Fallout 3 : Loved the freedom in this game and all of its DLC
3. Uncharted 2 : The pinicle of 3rd person games to date
2. MW2 : With a brilliant single player aspect and great multiplayer, this badboy is a great game
1. Many games fight for this position, I'll keep them to myself.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33  Edited By delta_ass

Crysis
Mass Effect  
Oblivion
GTA IV
Rainbow Six Vegas

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fisher81
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By Icemael
  • Dead Space
  • Fallout 3
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • The World Ends With You
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Calidreth
See a lot of Grand Theft Auto 4 and Fallout 3.  Didn't really care for Fallout 3 too much, but I never got around to trying GTA IV.  Haven't played one since Vice City and I didn't care for San Andreas.  Guess I should give it a shot.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By thecleric

Dragon Age: Origins 
Mass Effect 
Fallout 3 
Demon's Souls 
Grand Theft Auto IV 

3 WPRGs, and 1 almost WRPG, some kind of trend here. 
DJ Hero, 'Splosion Man, and Assassin's Creed 2 deserves honorable mention as well.

M31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By M31

Games I enjoyed the most so far:

5. Dead Space
4. Modern Warfare 1 & 2
3. Mass Effect
2. BioShock
1. Fallout 3

Still have to play a lot of games though (Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 2).

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By webby

Metal Gear Solid 4 
Uncharted 2 
Oblivion 
Dead Space 
Bayonetta

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By EVO
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Portal
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Uncharted 2
DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DBrim

From  what I've played...

(full disclosure: do not own a 360, have not played all PS3 major titles) 

5. Fallout 3
4. World of Goo
3.  Portal
2. inFamous 
1. Burnout: Paradise

Qdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Qdor

5. Wrath of the Lich King
4. Fallout 3
3. Uncharted 2  
2. Borderlands  
1. Mass Effect!!!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By Red

I'm pretty sure by "this gen" the topic poster means only games on 360/Wii/PS3, so keep in mind that Persona 4 and TWEWY are very much awesome games. 

5. InFamous 
4. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3. Modern Warfare 2
2. Mass Effect
1. CoD4: Modern Warfare 

However, I haven't played Dragon Age: Origins yet, or dozens of other awesome games, so this list is suspect to change.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By tomte

5. Titan quest.
It's not really such a good game and it has alot of minor bugs etc. but still played through it at least 5 times.

4. Valkyria Chronicles
Abit slow paced, but still a really fun game.

3. Eternal Sonata
Frustrating, but addictive

2. Uncharted 1/2
No comments

1. Warcraft 3
This game ruined my grades and my years in highschool.
I have spent thousands of hours on it and still play it at least once a week

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By jack_daniels

5. --
4.  --
3. Oblivion
2. Call of Duty: MW2
1. Halo 3

Damn... I could only come up with three. Ive spent THOUSANDS of hours playing Halo 3 and that left little time for playing other games. It's alot cheaper to play one game though. I am a FPS junky.

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

10.Cod4
9.Motorstorm
8.Killzone 2
7. Resistance Fall of Man