What are you expecting to see from the 360 in the future?

DaNtHeMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DaNtHeMaN

Lets face it, right now the 360s future is looking pretty uneventful. The only big games announced are Halo ODST and Alan Wake, im sure I forgot a couple that are worth mentioning but you get the point..

Anyway, its obvious microsoft is going to have to come out and show its other new games soon, so what are you expecting/want to see happen?

Personally I would really like to see rare come out with a sequel to Conkers BFD and possibly a new IP from bungie.

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ParrapatehRappa

They should leave Conker alone. They butchered the Xbox port with the god damn editing of the script. Bleeping out the swear words and all. Not to mention the  online portion of it was balls. I can only imagine how bad a sequel would be.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

I want Tales of Vesperia to be released in Europe. NAO! 

DaNtHeMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaNtHeMaN
ParrapatehRappa said:
"They should leave Conker alone. They butchered the Xbox port with the god damn editing of the script. Bleeping out the swear words and all. Not to mention the  online portion of it was balls. I can only imagine how bad a sequel would be."
yeah very true.. it was still fun though (the single player) even if it was more edited than when it was on the N64 and the online multiplayer blew hard..
but I feel like they could make a really good sequel as long as they don't change the actual gameplay like how they fucked up banjo kazooie.. now that I think about it rare has been really good at screwing stuff up since they came to M$
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

Newsflash! Nuts & Bolts was great!

DaNtHeMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaNtHeMaN
TooWalrus said:
"Newsflash! Nuts & Bolts was great!"
I disagree, it might have been a good game on its own, but it shouldn't have been a banjo kazooie game. They just tacked on the BK name so people would notice the game. If you played it without the hope that banjo kazooie would ever get a real sequel then maybe it would seem fine, which is why brad probably liked it so much, but to me it was just sad.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

More F/TPS games and FFXIII?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I've got a huge backlog of games that I need to play, enough to keep me occupied for a long, long time. I would like them to patch the NXE though, the lag is killing me.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
DaNtHeMaN said:
"TooWalrus said:
I disagree, it might have been a good game on its own, but it shouldn't have been a banjo kazooie game. They just tacked on the BK name so people would notice the game. If you played it without the hope that banjo kazooie would ever get a real sequel then maybe it would seem fine, which is why brad probably liked it so much, but to me it was just sad. "
Are you really implying that Banjo 3 didn't warrant being set in the Banjo universe?  You are joking?  Or?
No, you can't be serious.   Jees, the game is littered with Banjo stuff.  Hell, Banjo land ring a bell?

As for the conker game, it's the same exact crap, just better graphics and some modified mechanics (specificly the shooting).  The script isn't edited aside from some swear words being bleeped out, which is actually more funny to be honest.   It's kind of funny this way actually.   And either way you can turn censoring off in the options menu if it bugs you so much....

It really was just a fine remake.   You can't really judge anymore than that though, because it was just that, a remake.   All of their games have been great recently, aside from PDZ which just feels unfinished really.  Like a xbox game bumped up and rushed on the 360. Kameo was great, VP was better, Nuts was awesome.

* They did prove something undeniable in Banjo 3 though, they know damn well how to write a funny script.  It is by far, hands down, the funniest game this generation with straight up funny stuff.   Judging by what they wrote about, I'd say they're well versed enough to do a conker making fun of video games and the industry as a whole now.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By toowalrus
DaNtHeMaN said:
"TooWalrus said:
I disagree, it might have been a good game on its own, but it shouldn't have been a banjo kazooie game. They just tacked on the BK name so people would notice the game. If you played it without the hope that banjo kazooie would ever get a real sequel then maybe it would seem fine, which is why brad probably liked it so much, but to me it was just sad. "
I don't know man, I played the hell out of the original BK games. When I picked up Banjo 1 on the XBLA, I ran through and got all 900 notes and 100 jiggies in under 6 hours. That's how ingrained those levels are in my brain. I reciently got the the very last jiggie in Nuts & Bolts, totaling 131, and loved every minuite of it.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb
DaNtHeMaN said:
"Lets face it, right now the 360s future is looking pretty uneventful.. "

lolwut r u taking bot? Why, because we don't have Gears of War 3 or the next iteration of Halo coming out (even though we kinda do?)
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech

People seem to be forgetting that Microsoft announced Gears of War 2 at GDC last year. This is how Microsoft plays: announcing things the year they come out.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

"DaNtHeMaN said:

You know what? I don't think you know what you are talking about because there is more than exclusives in this day and age. In the next few months, we have Guitar Hero Metallica, Godfather II, Chronicles of Riddick, Alpha Protocol, Bioshock 2, Dark Void, and many others. Multiplats are okay, there is no need to ignore them.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By EpicSteve

I thought the Xbox Conker remake was sweet. I would love that to be re-released with Xbox LIVE.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By OmegaPirate
RHCPfan24 said:
""DaNtHeMaN said:
You know what? I don't think you know what you are talking about because there is more than exclusives in this day and age. In the next few months, we have Guitar Hero Metallica, Godfather II, Chronicles of Riddick, Alpha Protocol, Bioshock 2, Dark Void, and many others. Multiplats are okay, there is no need to ignore them."
100% True!!

But how can he sit and slag off people who own different consoles unless the 360 has a superior exclusive lineup!

:\

There are some fantastic games coming out this year, - for EVERYBODY
Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Alex_V

I'd like to see them re-release Viva Pinata again and again until someone actually realises what a great game it is.

I'd like to see all shit-brown futuristic shooting games canned until someone comes up with something interesting to put in them.

My big hope is for another swathe of brilliant XBLA games to come out. And I don't need to hear about them until they're released. Bored of games hype.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Diamond

The announced titles for all platforms are really thin right now IMO.  Only game I'm excited for right now is Riddick in April.

I think with the 'bigger' E3 there may be some big games announced & shown there that will release in 09.  Also GDC might show some.

What would I like?  Battletoads 360, Shadowrun RPG. 
For PS3, 360, and PC Wing Commander, Desert Strike, and a new Descent.
Sony should announce a new Jumping Flash and Nintendo a new Pilotwings.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BiggerBomb
systech said:
"People seem to be forgetting that Microsoft announced Gears of War 2 at GDC last year. This is how Microsoft plays: announcing things the year they come out."

Where the hell have you been?!
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK

forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3

DaNtHeMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaNtHeMaN
SmugDarkLoser said:
"DaNtHeMaN said:
"TooWalrus said:
Are you really implying that Banjo 3 didn't warrant being set in the Banjo universe?  You are joking?  Or?No, you can't be serious.   Jees, the game is littered with Banjo stuff.  Hell, Banjo land ring a bell?As for the conker game, it's the same exact crap, just better graphics and some modified mechanics (specificly the shooting).  The script isn't edited aside from some swear words being bleeped out, which is actually more funny to be honest.   It's kind of funny this way actually.   And either way you can turn censoring off in the options menu if it bugs you so much....It really was just a fine remake.   You can't really judge anymore than that though, because it was just that, a remake.   All of their games have been great recently, aside from PDZ which just feels unfinished really.  Like a xbox game bumped up and rushed on the 360. Kameo was great, VP was better, Nuts was awesome. * They did prove something undeniable in Banjo 3 though, they know damn well how to write a funny script.  It is by far, hands down, the funniest game this generation with straight up funny stuff.   Judging by what they wrote about, I'd say they're well versed enough to do a conker making fun of video games and the industry as a whole now. "
Im just saying, they way I believe this game got created was they had this cool idea, the lego style type game, but didn't want to make a new IP, so instead they made it a banjo game even though banjo has had almost nothing to do with vehicles before that game (except for his apperance in diddy kong racing).

You can throw as many of the old characters in the game as you want, its still not a real BK game, and that is why they didn't call it BK 3.
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By BawlZINmotion

The first 3-4 months of the year Microsoft doesn't say very much, but before you know it their balls are in your face. There's a ton of goodness that is supposed to hit in the second half of 2008. While a lot of it ain't exclusive, who cares? Within the next year (which includes the first 3-4 months of 2009, roughly) there is a pretty good slate of titles.

• Dante's Inferno
  • Guitar Hero Metallica
  • Dirt 2
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Lost Planet 2
  • Battlefield 1943
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Bionic Commando
  • Dark Void
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • I Am Alive
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • Bioshock 2
  • Mass Effect 2
  • GTA4 Episode 2
  • Fallout 3 expansions x2

In addition to the ton of first and third party games I'm sure we'll hear about between now and E3, plus all those we already know are on the way that I forgot to mention. I think 2009 will easily be as good as 2007 for games, maybe even up there with 2008. So I don't see why you're troubled.
DaNtHeMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaNtHeMaN

we all know the 360 gets great 3rd party support, but im really more interested in exclusives.. since microsoft hasnt announced most of its lineup yet

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
crunchUK said:
"forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3forza3"
QFT!!
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By penguindust
Motion control!  I'm pretty sure Microsoft's approach to motion control will completely transform how I think of home entertainment.  I read that somewhere...

Actually, even though I know they aren't joined at the hip, I'm eager to see what Team Ninja will do now that Itagaki has moved on.  Hell, I wanna see what he's going to do next, as well.  I guess, if I had to choose a franchise to revisit that I haven't seen in a while it would be MechAssault.  Perhaps a game that combined Halo Wars with the original in-the-cockpit game in a way similar to the new Battlestations: Pacific could work.  The concept of an RTS where you can also get your hands dirty isn't new, but I'd wouldn't mind seeing it attempted on this classic FASA franchise.

Speaking of FASA, how about the Shadowrun RPG that many of us fans of the table top role playing game wanted when we first heard there was going to be a 360 game?

Additionally, I'm interested in seeing how Champions Online for the 360 fares.  Usually, MMOs work best on PCs (& Macs), and Microsoft's history with the genre is spotty at best.  Can it work with a game designed to run on a console as well as the PC from the start?  We shall see this summer.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Red

Mass Effect.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King
ParrapatehRappa said:
"They should leave Conker alone. They butchered the Xbox port with the god damn editing of the script. Bleeping out the swear words and all. Not to mention the  online portion of it was balls. I can only imagine how bad a sequel would be."
Didn't they censor it a bit on the N64? My problem was the improved graphics. It kind of removed a lot of the cartoon charm.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

What are you talking about?  There's tons of games coming out soon for it.  
Anyway, as far as exclusive games, I'm expecting at least 1 Rare game by the end of this year.  Hopefully it's not Killer Instinct but rather a platformer.

Hoping for this guy to get a sequel

I want a single player parodying video games and a multiplayer more like the remake but fix it up a bit- no stretches of running, tighten the shooting, make more crazy options like faking dead, jetpacks, etc.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King
SmugDarkLoser said:
"What are you talking about?  There's tons of games coming out soon for it.  
Anyway, as far as exclusive games, I'm expecting at least 1 Rare game by the end of this year.  Hopefully it's not Killer Instinct but rather a platformer.

Hoping for this guy to get a sequel
I want a single player parodying video games and a multiplayer more like the remake but fix it up a bit- no stretches of running, tighten the shooting, make more crazy options like faking dead, jetpacks, etc. "
Still not as good (graphically, at least) as the N64 version. Speaking of which....please, Rare? Please make it available for XBLA.
IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IVIorpheus

There are many good games coming out soon. Bioshock 2, Prototype, Assassin's Creed 2, inFamous, etc....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

Simple answer to your title:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Lets face it, right now the 360s future is looking pretty uneventful. The only big games announced are Halo ODST and Alan Wake, im sure I forgot a couple that are worth mentioning but you get the point..

Anyway, its obvious microsoft is going to have to come out and show its other new games soon, so what are you expecting/want to see happen?

Personally I would really like to see rare come out with a sequel to Conkers BFD and possibly a new IP from bungie.

Well, remember that Microsoft, has taken that whole "We only show games that are going to come out this year", not to mention this is a slow time for games. By the time E3 rolls around there will be enough stuff to nit pick at.