What did the Giant Bomb Crew miss?

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

So far my list is Don Bradman, Bayonetta 2, Jazzpunk, D4, Hatsune Miku PDF 2nd. Might switch that last one out for something else, maybe Persona Q. The other four are all picks that I would rate highly in both a "this is a great game that came out this year that should be considered" and a "this game would be incredibly entertaining to watch in a GotY QL video" context.

@zevvion Patrick did play more Hearthstone, because there were several Bombin' episodes where he and Alex talked at length about how much they'd been playing it. I think he put quite a few hours in as a game he played on iPad while watching football. Not sure how well he'll remember it, but Patrick's usually pretty good at covering games that might be overlooked.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

@drewbert: Just wanna reiterate that The Banner Saga and Fantasy Life aren't showing up in search. Also, oddly enough, Banner Saga is all 2014 releases and later but still says (2013) when it shows up in the normal search bar.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@y2ken: Ah, that is good to hear. I missed most Bombin' episodes. I still think the time given to that game is low considering it's one of the biggest games to come out this year. It has a huge install base. I basically play it every day. I wish Jeff would finally play it for a couple of days. I understand why it turns him off due to the steep learning curve, but I'd love to know his opinion.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This site didnt even mention fantasy life once cmon !

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So here are some games that I think look alright, but might be overlooked and haven't been mentioned in this thread yet:

Banished

Hohokum

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Towerfall

Hack 'n' Slash

Child of Light

Tesla Effect

Among The Sleep

WildStar

Shovel Knight

Xenonauts

The Fall

Abyss Odyessy

OlliOlli

Silent Hills (P.T.) (Also can't vote for this)

Hatoful Boyfriend

Roundabout

The Legend of Korea

Legens of Grimrock 2

These are just some that felt like they were missed here, my own personal list will probably D4, The Banner Saga, Hitman Go, The Binding of Issac: Rebirth and Shadowrun: Dragonfall when they fix the search field.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#156  Edited By GeneralBison

The only game I can think of is for World of Tanks (Xbox 360 Edition) but it''s not there :-/

Oh well!

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By JayPB08

Another Perspective, The Masterplan; maybe another look at Gods Will Be Watching, because I still think that's one of the best of the year.

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

This site didnt even mention fantasy life once cmon !

I didn't even know that the game existed until last week, looks great!

This poll seems very limited, the games we actually want to see aren't "valid" for weird release date reasons. They should remove that restriction.

Avatar image for deactivated-66361f5b4a584
deactivated-66361f5b4a584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for

• Shadowrun Dragonfall: Directors Cut ( have it my steam list but can't be fucked playing )
  • Jagged Alliance: Flashback ( as above )
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curst ( can't buy in aus :( and it looks cool )
  • Pokemon Art Academy( just because )
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015( just to pull in danny )
gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have put in Fantasy Life but it's not there so

• Velocity 2X
  • Football Manager 2015
  • Luftrausers
  • 80 Days
  • Murasaki Baby
poisonmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Submit button is not doing anything for me but put me down for Endless Legend, Farming Simulator 2015 and Train Simulator 2015 (the last two are just there because a quick look would be stupid and probably hilarious).

sicamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hearthstone. i recommend the guys watch a few episodes of a new series started by trump called trump teachings where he explains the fundamentals of attaining value while using basic starting cards. it's currently ongoing so it's not done yet but they're only around 10 minutes long each and there's enough topics already for even a complete beginner to play well. https://www.youtube.com/user/TrumpSC/videos

it's mostly for drew since i think he mentioned he gave up on the game after having a difficult time getting past the tutorial. recognizing that you lost because of bad plays or card selection and not just bad luck can make you appreciate the game more.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I voted for Shantae, 80 Days, and Revolution 60. (The latter doesn't really have much to do with recent happenings, I've been curious about it since its release.) Haven't seen a lick of video footage of those games, but not bothered enough to do something about it earlier.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is hard, good games tend to get attention but there are definitely a few that could use a bit more. In no particular order.

• Out There
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (probably in my top 3 games this year)
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should something happen once I hit "Submit"? I keep clicking it, but nothing's happening.

Also, I have no idea where this link is located. Is it on the homepage? Where are we supposed to find it?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona Q.

Odc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need to get some CS:GO action on the site! It has changed plenty this year. Can't seem to add it to the page though :(

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona Q and Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright are the only ones I voted for so far.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A game thats absurdly ignored in the quicklooks is Sleeping Dogs

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Didn't they do two? They did one for the original release and then Vinny played it again for the HD remaster. He even played it on consoles and pc in the same video.

The only game I can think of is Freedom Wars on the Vita, but I already play it so really I'd only be interested in them doing the video to see what their thoughts are and maybe promote it a bit. Oh and Murasaki Baby too but that only works on the Vita and not the PS TV.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ahhh, people are already submitting joke suggestions. Time to abandon ship for all is lost.

@drewbert Do you guys plan to quick look December releases such as Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Halo: Spartan Strike, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Fantasy Life anyone?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By SomeJerk
aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Sunset Overdrive is the only one I put that I honestly care about. I don't know how much of the game you'd have to show for the humor and gameplay to really click but that game has heart and self-confidence unlike anything else I've seen this year. Love it love it love it love it.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Persona Q D4

Singstar Ultimate Party

Mario Party: Island Tour

Shadowrun : Dragonfall

Hearthstone

ugh so many good/ fun games left.

Farming Sim 15, Insurgency, The Long Dark, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the endless, Just Dance 2015. Project Diva f 2nd.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I voted for Persona Q and Hearthstone and then this thread made me vote for Hatsune Miku, Singstar and Mario Party.

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Vessel28

Shadowrun Dragonfall was one of the best games of the year. Its director's cut version deserves a look at in my opinion, it has vast improvements over the dlc version for Shadowrun Returns.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

The only thing that really stands out to me that hasn't gotten any exposure on the site at all, that I know of, is Insurgency. What a great game, easily in my top 10 of 2014, if not top 5. It's like CS meets ArmA. Not to mention that a ton of people got copies of it from the last Humble Bundle, and it's 60% off during the Steam Sale right now. I've got 40 hours into it, the co-op especially is a joy for such a low-priced game.

sadsadsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By sadsadsad

Bummed that I wasnt able to add Wings!: Remastered ( a quick look would require backup from a certain Amiga fanboy)

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#183  Edited By poobumbutt

Had a tough time thinking of anything they missed, so I voted for Hitman Go 3 times, because fuck... that game's great. Then Wolfenstein and Shadowrun.

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#184  Edited By Spence_5060

The five games I chose are:

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - This game is all sorts of weird and funny. i figured this would be right up their alley. Though all they did was a small quick look of it from the Giant Bomb East guys and that was it. I don't remember ever seeing any mention of it on the podcasts or anything. Was a little bummed.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! - I know that Jeff being the resident Borderlands expert did try and give this game a chance and didn't like it, but I think that they should give it another look. I played it through the end and enjoyed it enough to at least be a contender. It is definitely not the best borderlands game out there, but I think it is still a good one. Also with some of the DLC coming out like playing as Handsome Jack, I think that this could only be getting better (maybe).

Legend of Grimrock 2 - This is for some reason one of my most favorite and anticipated PC franchises out there right now. I don't know why. This game just looks so cool to me. I currently don't have a gaming PC to play this game or its predecessor, but I am in the midst of building one right now with the final parts on the way. And when it is completed this franchise will be one of the first that I boot up and play. I don't really know if there is anyone on the staff of Giant Bomb that likes these particular kind of games now that Dave is gone (he was the one that did the first game's Quick Look). Maybe Vinny (he did the second game's). But this really is the highest quality in its class. All from this game was a Quick Look and a small but of playing from Brad on the Extra Life show. No other mention to my recall from the Bombcast. This is definitely a game to talk about if anyone has an interest in it on the staff.

Lords of the Fallen - This is a game that I wish I could have played this year, but did not have the funds to justify purchasing it with so little coverage of it from the staff here. I wish there was a bit more of an in-depth look of this game or talk about this game so that I know whether or not it's worth purchasing and playing. I love all the souls games with everything included with them. And the small talks on this about it being a bit more arcady do not necessarily turn me off. I just don't know.

South Park: The Stick of Truth - This game is great. Just so funny (as long as you like South Park humor of course). And this game was covered a bit from these guys. I just don't think they are gonna remember it or even think of it this time when it comes to end of the year stuff. Also if any of them have not finished it yet, they definitely should the value of time used with enjoyment and entertainment of this game makes it highly worthwhile to finish before the year's end. Also I tried to add this game to the list, but could not. I think the problem is that it is classified as a 2013 game when that was the original release date and then they pushed the game back to 2014 and no one updated that fact. When you search for it it says 2013 game and on the game page it says release date of March 4, 2014.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'd like someone to take a look at Age of Wonders III, a game that I think is pretty great and has been improved a lot since release. Other than that, I sorta just picked games I think would make for entertaining Quick Looks. Like Mario Party: Island Tour.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Kentucky Route Zero. My GOTY for 2013, 14, and most likely 15.

McGray90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE Supercard

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Pokemon Omega Ruby would be nice. I always enjoy GB's quick looks of Pokemon. They know little about the games so watching them try to figure out how to play them is always enjoyable.

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanted to add that the great Monument Valley isn't showing up for selection, which is disappointing.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Dragon_Puncher

My list:

• Dark souls 2 - Would like a to see the crew take on some of the DLC
  • D4 - Because it's batshit crazy and would be great in a setting where they're all there.
  • Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Because I love it and after the quick I would like Patrick to try to explain and play the game to the others.
  • Mario Party: Island Tour - Who doesn't want more Mario Party!?
  • Persona Q - Hearing Jeff talk about persona 4 always warms my heart.
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#191  Edited By Mento  Moderator
  • Persona Q, to see what that's like (I have to assume a QL is coming soon regardless, though).
  • Gang Beasts, just because a QL of that is always fun and they've probably added quite a bit since the initial Unfinished. I want to say they have eight players now? So if the whole gang's there, it might be make for a fun video. That and Smash Wii U, but I can't imagine they'd be as enthused about that one. Obviously, disregard this one if they're going to be doing a bunch of multiplayer stuff with the whole team for a UPF anyway.
  • Yumi's Odd Odyssey, because it's not been covered and I especially want it to become a new Breaking Brad. It's such a perfect game to get enraged about.
  • Fantasy Life, similar to above. I'd like to see a few more takes on that game before I end up buying it myself. Fellow mod @sparklykiss seems to dig it, and I've been a Level-5 mark since way back when.
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall, another of the very few games I played this year (reviewed, even) that didn't even get a QL. It is technically DLC, which would make it lower priority, but it's such a big improvement over the original campaign (which, admittedly, seems to have been purposefully built as a rather straightforward introduction to the world of Shadowrun) and eventually became its own standalone game. Maybe Patrick could sit in on that one, given his recent strategy interest.
  • Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~. Nope, just being silly now.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@fisk0 said:

The only games I could even add to that were Age of Wonders 3 and Rogue Shooter.

MURI, Strike Vector and everything else I can think of don't show up in search.

I also wanted to add Battle Worlds: Kronos, but apparently that was released in November 2013.

MURI was released at the end of last year, not sure why Strike Vector isn't working...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#193  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@beachthunder said:

@fisk0 said:

The only games I could even add to that were Age of Wonders 3 and Rogue Shooter.

MURI, Strike Vector and everything else I can think of don't show up in search.

I also wanted to add Battle Worlds: Kronos, but apparently that was released in November 2013.

MURI was released at the end of last year, not sure why Strike Vector isn't working...

Seems like it works now.

Ended up voting for

• Strike Vector
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Unrest
  • Close Combat: Gateway to Caen
  • Meridian: New World

Kinda want to remind them of Rogue Shooter too, but at least Heavy Bullets will likely get a mention somewhere.

ZironZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overbite said:

I'm trying to add Drakengard 3 (May 20th), The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (July 29th), and Tales of Xillia 2 (August 19th) but none of them show up in the search field. Please fix, these are all good games that were ignored this year!

The ones I could add were Theatrythym Final Fantasy Curtain Call and Deception 4.

Yeah, I was looking at nominating Trails in the Sky (PC) as well since it never got a real quick look.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bayonetta 2. It is by far the best playing game this year and only Dan, Alex, and Patrick even know.

Those water segments early on make it ineligible for any "best of" categories. Sorry.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For whatever reason, tons of games aren't appearing through the search function.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#197  Edited By Driadon

For whatever reason, because it released first in Japan in 2013, I can't add Tomodachi Life. I NEED TO KNOW IF MY DREW, DAN AND REGGIE LIVE TRIANGLE FANFICK ACTUALLY COMES TRUE!

Also I apparently cannot add Fantasy Life, for the same reason. Is there a way to build that search function to base it off of the North American release date instead of just the first?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon age, everyone except Jeff should play dragon age at least until they get to Skywatch.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#199  Edited By BisonHero

Any ETA on fixing the various games that the wiki doesn't think came out in 2014? It's already going to skew the poll results because plenty of people are going to vote once for whatever the search will successfuly find, but not going to meticulously follow this thread to see when the search gets fixed, so they'll probably never update their vote.

Plenty of stuff is not findable, between all kinds of Japanese games, plus stuff like The Banner Saga.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#200 fisk0  Moderator