• 80 results
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Th3_James

i play n64 using my 360 controller and in 1920 x 1080 with AA and some texture filtering. Looks better than original, but it is still low res textures being displayed in a higher resolution.

And i though u could always set the resolution for all emulators...since like....forever

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#52  Edited By LordAndrew
@Cult_of_Cthulhu: I could tell you... but I've already explained what it is in this very thread.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By CL60

lmao at Alexander being a massive Wii fanboy, every topic I see him in where somebody says anything bad about the Wii he attacks them for the rest of the topic.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#54  Edited By vigorousjammer

I definitely think that if Wii Motionplus works as well as I'm hoping it will, and Nintendo updates the graphics enough for their next console, as to compete with the other new consoles that microsfot and Sony will inevitibly be releasing, then nintendo could make a really great console for the next generation...

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#55  Edited By sjschmidt93

"Highly awaited title worth the wait."

That sentence bugs the crap out of me...

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By damnboyadvance
@MrKlorox said:
" Yeah, the Dolphin videos look good. Check out the SSBB ones. Be sure to click HD.

Dolphin was the original code name for the Gamecube (like Wii was Revolution). Dolphin Emu is a Gamecube emulator that eventually gained Wii support (since the two systems are so similar). Too bad like the only game with a dolphin in it was Wave Race Blue Storm, and that game ate balls in comparison to Wave Race 64. "
Wow, looking at that video and how it actually looks on the Wii right now is just a wow. It's not the best, but it's well better than it is right now.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Al3xand3r
@CL60 said:
" lmao at Alexander being a massive Wii fanboy, every topic I see him in where somebody says anything bad about the Wii he attacks them for the rest of the topic. "
Lmao @ you twice as much!!!!11 Really contrsuctive there, if only you knew what effect my "fanboysm" had. I'll just say that the guy I "fanboyed" is a much more sensible character than the likes of you and leave it at that, ignoring future personal attacks in here... Keep at your little crusade though, whatever works for you. Even so, I was so right to say they're not the ones that are bound to get flamed, so very, very right xD
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CL60
@Al3xand3r said:
" @CL60 said:
" lmao at Alexander being a massive Wii fanboy, every topic I see him in where somebody says anything bad about the Wii he attacks them for the rest of the topic. "
Lmao @ you twice as much!!!!11 Really contrsuctive there, if only you knew what effect my "fanboysm" had. I'll just say that the guy I "fanboyed" is a much more sensible character than the likes of you and leave it at that, ignoring future personal attacks in here... Keep at your little crusade though, whatever works for you. Even so, I was so right to say they're not the ones that are bound to get flamed, so very, very right xD "
You are seriously really retarded, every topic I see you in you are a dick to everybody, it's pathetic.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MrKlorox
@CL60: Pot. Meet Kettle.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CL60
@MrKlorox said:
" @CL60: Pot. Meet Kettle. "
Who are you? I've never even seen you before. And no, every single topic Alexander posts in he eventually ends up getting into a flame war with somebody for stupid reasons. Such as somebody says they don't like the Wii and he goes ape on them.
Avatar image for deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d
deactivated-6406b1cb85b6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm surprised that Nintendo haven't already made with the cease and desist orders.

Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hilbert

So now its even more pointless to own a WII, thanks Dolphin team!!

Problem is that not all my gamecube games work on the Dolphin emulator, so I guess I'll have to keep my white hospital equipment under my tv for now.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By GunnBjorn

People, i am a technical halfwit,

Just putting out a simple add-on for the Wii to make it display games and other programs in HD is not possible?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_A_Drain
@GunnBjorn:

No, it's not. The entire system would need a complete upgrade, the CPU, graphics chip, everything.

This concept is not new at all, I don't see why it's such a big dealio for the Wii, PS1 games have been running in higher resolutions for years. Newsflash people, 3D applications resolutions are not set in stone and can be changed anytime. It's just the commercial releases are locked into whatever the console can handle, and if the Wii had been an HD machine I guarantee it would not be nearly as succesfull.
Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By Dovey

There is also some home theatre amplifiers out there that can upscale resolutions into 1080i from a composite input.  having said that I am sure that when people bought the Wii they knew what that were signing up for.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By Meowayne
@The_A_Drain said:
" @GunnBjorn: No, it's not. The entire system would need a complete upgrade, the CPU, graphics chip, everything."
Nope, not really. A theoretical 720p Wii output is hindered by the small framebuffer size of 2mb; in theory, you could make the Wii ouput 720p, but that would require software tiling and make it extremely slow. The PS2, while technically superior to the Wii, has double the framebuffer size, and could do that. That's why there are actually 720p PS2 games out there,  sacrificing half the FPS for double res images in the framebuffer.

Making a Wii with 720p output would require minimal modifications: The hollywood gpu must support hardware tiling, and/or the framebuffer size must be upped.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Meowayne:

It's a little more complex than that though, the problem then is it would vary greatly game by game, and games that make use of the original hardware properly would suffer a lot more than simply half the frame rate, they would be near unplayable. Then developers would have to give each game two seperate configuration setups and it's a whole lot of hassle nobody needs or wants. It's not like those few who complain about the Wii not being HD would suddenly up and buy one because some of it's games now support 720p with an addon. Besides, if the GPU doesnt support tiling, then it's all for nothing, you couldnt connect a new GPU via USB or give the current one that ability with a software update, so you'd need a new machine. Besides, that's a workaround more than anything, not an experience designed from the ground up to be at that resolution.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By Brendan
@Meowayne said:
"@TheHBK said:
" But what the fuck is the point of this anyway? Would Wii games in 720p or 1080p since the games would just need a boost in resolution, really make you turn your Wii on more often?  Lets not forget that this is still the Wii and that games like the Conduit wont play better in 720p. "
I agree with this guy. Upping the resolution will not change the mind of the obnoxios people that complain about the console's library they have no idea or image of."

Yeah, because everyone who doesn't like most of the Wii's lineup is obnoxious....oh wait....
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Meowayne

Of course, I'm not saying any acceptable software solution is possible. There isn't. A Wii HD would require hardware modifications and a restructuring. But it's not (as you made it sound, on purpose or not) like the current hardware wouldn't be up to it; it's the setup and a few details, not weak hardware.

With an unexpensive little tweak on the Hollywood, the Wii would probably be able to output 720p; it's got the power. But it would probably mess up a lot of things, especially the Gamecube compatibility and the developing.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Meowayne:

Well, my main worry is the current games. If they are forced into 720p then anything thats already quite taxing for the hardware would struggle very much to run at half the framerate, probably much worse than that bordering unplayable. Without a CPU upgrade that is.

But yeah, it can do it with very little modification, the result wouldnt be particularly pretty though tbh.
drangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By drangel

HD doesn't really matter. I'd like the next nintendo console to be more powerful than the Wii, so the games can be more complex and immersive, and not simply look crisper.

Riddell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Riddell

If you think that looks good, you should see PS2 game's up-resed to HD sizes. Stunning

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By geirr

In a way I felt boned by Nintendo's decision to remain in the past when it came to visuals.
As a fan of sorts I really wanted to see Zelda and Mario with next-gen graphics;
and now I fear it might never happen.
Sure they'll eventually go into the HD gaming,
but I don't know how much game there will be left in Nintendo
considering what seems to be their current target audience.

.. these problems totally matter!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By iam3green

it looks pretty cool. it got me kind of thinking what if the wii was in HD. it would have looked a lot better. i think nintendo didn't put it in HD because a lot of people don't have HD tvs yet. i have to say that they should have made it at least like 480p or something like that so the games can be in SD and HD.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MrKlorox
@Riddell: I have and the Wii is capable of better effects, making it ultimately more pretty.
Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Kyle

C'mon guys, don't post shit like this. It serves no purpose other than to bring an emulator to peoples attention. Booooo.

Also, man, the emulated version looks like total shit. Just buy a fuckin wii, you cheap bastards.

And what the hell is with the 4.5? If Mario Galaxy is a 4.5 Wii game, what in God's name is a 5???

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Kyle
@iam3green said:
" i have to say that they should have made it at least like 480p or something like that so the games can be in SD and HD. "
The wii does run games in 480p. That's not HD though, it's ED (enhanced definition).
480i = standard def, 30 frames per second max
480p = standard def but max at 60 frames per second.
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FuzzYLemoN
@nanikore said:
" Am I the only one wondering what the hell a Dolphin is? "
Allow me to enlighten you:

This is a dolphin.
This is a dolphin.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By nanikore
@FuzzYLemoN:

Oh, so that is what a dolphin is. Can you play games on it?
Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By Knives
@Pinkshley1 said:
" @Knives said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" The problem with Wii HD is the Wii part. Its still a system with a bad controller and nothing but garbage for games to play on it. Oh well. each their own i guess. "
And that is why you fail. This post is stupid. 
"
Just because he doesnt like the Wii doesnt mean he "fails".  Most Wii games outside of first party nintendo titles are garbage. However, the Wii is still a fun console with games like RE 4 and Legend of Zelda: TP. As he said, to each his own.
"
No, it's still a stupid post. Most games on any console are "garbage". And he didn't say "most games apart from first-party", he said "nothing but garbage". It's a stupid fail post. To each his own, and his own is fucking dumb.