What would you rate Giant Bomb in a 1-10 score?

• 93 results
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By L4wz
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

21/20 

Although my vote went to 9/10
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Skald

A five star system would be more appropriate.

deadfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By deadfm

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By AlexB

Really putting Over 9000 in this poll was a bad idea. lol

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I picked over 9000...

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cstrang

I love it, but it usually leaves me wanting more (which isn't really a bad thing).

...Actually, Giantbomb is kinda similar to my girlfriend in that regard.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Br3adfan said:
"
"
I'm so glad that someone put this picture up. Now, I can go back to writing my two 5-page essays with a smile on my face  :)
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

Over 9,000! That's better than 100 percent!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By demonbear

Its an 8. 

Its a great site but it needs improvement. They lack coverage on sports games, the podcast could use a new formula to keep things fresh and they should play their best card more often, and that card is the video content. Even crazy stuff like the famous too Human video.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By demontium

If you wanted people to take it serious, dont put the over 9000.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Damian

I subtract 2 points from anything that does not include Greg Kasavin

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy

Eleventy-hundred

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By JazzyJeff

I don't know how to rate this site. People get frustrated for lack of coverage and infrequent updates, but you have to remember that their goal was never to compete with IGN or GameSpot. They're doing they're own thing, and I think it's great fun.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By meteora

Over 9,000.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

The bugs and inconsistency of content keep Giantbomb from being perfect.  Nevertheless, this is still my favorite website.

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NoDeath

Giant Bomb is great. I'm giving it a 9/10. My only gripe with the site is the smaller amount of content when compared to its big name competitors. Of course they have a legitimate excuse for this by only having 3 dedicated writers on staff. Of course that's only when I take the question seriously and only chumps take these things seriously (cause that just leads to flame wars) so I decree that the only correct answer is A for Giant Bomb shall rule the world!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By rjayb89

9/10 - Needs more enduring.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By jacksukeru

I wouldn't.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By AndrewB

5 Stars.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By buzz_clik
@extremeradical said:
" A five star system would be more appropriate. "
My thoughts exactly. Although I don't think my opinion of Giant Bomb can be accurately reflected on Metacritic.
rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rawrz

5 out of 5. I like the more real feeling it has over them big corporate run sites. The bombcast is so much better then the other sites podcasts and the video content is a lot more enjoyable and fun to watch.  I mean heck this site makes me actually wanna watch video content to stuff I have no interest in just because I know it will be entertaining.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Red12b

Staff content and how it's produced, 5 out of 5 
Wiki aspect and business model, 4.5 out of 5 
Forums, Fluctuated 4 out of 5, depends on who is on and how many trolling users are, 

Myself a perfect 10 :) 

Big ego? 
Not in your life.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By fishmicmuffin

In terms of total entertainment, Giant Bomb deserves a 10/10. In terms of coverage, they're at about a 6. However, I come to this website for entertainment, and I go to IGN for most of my gaming news. If I see the same news story posted on this website, I'll still read it because I feel as if I want to know how either Dave, Brad, Jeff, Ryan, Drew, or Vinny feel about the news. GB has more of a human side to it than any other gaming site on the web, and it's also BY FAR the funniest. Which is precisely why I spend the most time here, and not anywhere else.

Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26  Edited By Calidreth
[Insert popular Vegeta quote here]
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mordukai
@MAN_FLANNEL:  
Hey man this site is just a year and half old and it doesn't have the sizable staff other major web sites have. For a young web site with only 22 people as it's staff and only 6 of them are doing reviews (mostly 3 though) and news, features, interviews, going to events, etc. I think they are doing a really good job. I think your 8 was a bit harsh. No need to be like EDGE or Eurogamer, right?!
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By JJOR64

GIANT BOMB IS OVER 9000!!!
 GIANT BOMB IS OVER 9000!!!
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iamjohn
@Mordukai said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL:  Hey man this site is just a year and half old and it doesn't have the sizable staff other major web sites have. For a young web site with only 22 people as it's staff and only 6 of them are doing reviews (mostly 3 though) and news, features, interviews, going to events, etc. I think they are doing a really good job. I think your 8 was a bit harsh. No need to be like EDGE or Eurogamer, right?! "
Not to mention that all but five of those twenty-two people work on all the other Whisky Media sites.  Giant Bomb may be top priority as it's the most popular and the breadwinner, but only three people in all of Whisky are full-time writers for the site, plus two guys who sometimes write for the site, and Drew. 
imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By imhuntad

I picked 10, because it is what I expect a review site to be, with a little extra crazy for good measure. I do not expect no bias, every single game reviewed, or content every couple of hours. No site is perfect, but this one's closest so far.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alphiehyr

The site is great and in fact, it's currently my homepage. 7/10. I believe the stuff it lacks are: A PS3 Trophy sync (apparently Sony cut support) though it doesn't hurt to contact ps3trophycard.com to setup some sort of agreement so users can see their PS3 trophy card inside the achievements tab, alongside WoW and 360 achievements/crap. More communicative Giantbomb staff, especially Jeff. Offer more coverage on the latest games through flashes instead of blogs. I love the flashes they have in the front page but it's not extensive enough/not as good as Gamespot's front page flashes. Screw Gamespot anyways. Lastly, remove/change that depressing theme song that plays at the beginning OF EVERY FUCKING VIDEO.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kohe321

Over 9000, of course.

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ChickenPants
@demonbear said:
" Its an 8.   Its a great site but it needs improvement. They lack coverage on sports games, the podcast could use a new formula to keep things fresh and they should play their best card more often, and that card is the video content. Even crazy stuff like the famous too Human video. "
Do you really need more opinions on sports games than there already are?
Maybe the podcast could be shook up a little but I wouldn't like to see them get rid of any of their current segments.
Too much crazy video content would make the hilarity lose some of its power I think.
demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By demonbear
@ChickenPants said:
" @demonbear said:
" Its an 8.   Its a great site but it needs improvement. They lack coverage on sports games, the podcast could use a new formula to keep things fresh and they should play their best card more often, and that card is the video content. Even crazy stuff like the famous too Human video. "
Do you really need more opinions on sports games than there already are? Maybe the podcast could be shook up a little but I wouldn't like to see them get rid of any of their current segments. Too much crazy video content would make the hilarity lose some of its power I think. "
I disagree with everything you just said. 

- Yes i'd like more coverage on sports games, its a category of video games that they are skipping entirely and its an area they should improve, either you like sports games or not.

- I never talked about supressing segments of the current podcast, but they could review the current formula, and take a bit more user questions. For example on Podcast Beyond they made a few episodes almost entirely filled with user calls and user submitted questions. The bombcast is usually 2,3 questions and most of them are " whats your favorite color " or " apple pie vs peach pie ". Please.

- They made 2 "crazy" videos in a year, one was too human, the other was their publicity for the iphone app. I dont think getting this up to 6 in a year would be too much. And by video content, I am also refering to video reviews and quicklooks.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35  Edited By natetodamax
@extremeradical said:
" A five star system would be more appropriate. "
This. 

bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bibledoctor

Well it's the only online source I use for video game reviews and updates, so 10. 

Over 9,000 is quite tempting though.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37  Edited By Geno

7. Content is good but few and far between. Basically the only site content I use per week is bombcast and maybe one quicklook. Even the bombcast needs a bit of work. But it's pretty good for ~5 guys. 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Fallen189

Community is biased towards X console, or people just say "Troll" when it's something they have mild disagreement with.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By hexogen

I'd give it an 8/10. It's missing a few features I'd like to see, such as game cataloging and those drag-and-droppable modules shown off here that never surfaced. I also think the wiki feature needs some fleshing out. Mainly more categories for things (for example, races and species) instead of just having everything lumped into the concepts category. As for what I love about the site, I'd have to say the personalities of the staff, the Bombcast, and all the video content they do--especially quick looks. The site isn't perfect, but for their size they do a pretty good job.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArchScabby
@Abyssfull said:
" 21/20  Although my vote went to 9/10 "
pssh, you Giantbomb money hat.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By gingertastic_10

9 Gatillion!

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nail1080

Silly and childish topic

Butchio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Butchio

Some more content would be nice and they could also touch on some more specific genres. I like to play Fifa and this is a game they have never talked about what so ever. I know it mightened be what they like but it would be good to hear about football games (soccer) as i feel that they make their content for their american users. Quick looks are awesome but they are few and far between ( that i would like to see ) Example of this, they gave Darkest Of Days a QL to show off how bad it was. Why not give that QL to show a game that was good and deserved some attention. Office videos have cooled off a lot. They used to post new ones regulary but there have not been any lately.   I also dont like the new design, it looks to generic, the previous design was a lot better and looked different to other games sites that are out there. They are also very heavy on the Xbox. Very few mentions of the PS3, plenty of QL from Xbl Arcade but very few for PSN

Finally, get Dave on the bombcast more. As he is a designer of the site i think he deserves a weekly slot

Before anyone tries to go off on one on me, this is my opinion and this is what this thread is about

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Godwind

My favorite video game site.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Bigandtasty

Only five-star scores here, heathen.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46  Edited By MysteriousBob
Hi. 

If you ever, ever say over 9000 trying to be funny- I hate you. Just thought I would make that clear.
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Fallen189 said:
" 7  Community is biased towards X console, or people just say "Troll" when it's something they have mild disagreement with. "
Pfft, troll.

On a more related note, why are we reviewing review sites, exactly? I'll simply rate it as "Very good!" to mess with the metacritic score.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48  Edited By KaosAngel

This place is filled with ex-GameSpot users who bitch about GameSpot non-stop at times, and most new users' first post is about how shitty GameSpot is.  Let me tell you guys something (GS haters), it's not all bad.  Just because you're butt-hurt over Casey more than likely banning you in System Wars doesn't mean you need to bitch and cry about it non-stop. 

The regulars are alright and crazy to say it, a good chunk of them have become real life friends.  Mods here are alright, and the staff (while shorted), do just fine with the limited numbers.  Quick Looks and Endurance Runs keep me back for more, but their reviews aren't all that great in numbers.  More than likely due to the short-staffed.  :( 

MB, Hamz, CitizenKane, Krush, Matty, and all the other mods are very good compared to other sites.   

Imma give Giant Bomb a solid 8, it's not perfect but it's alright.  

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By L4wz
@MysteriousBob said:
" Hi.  If you ever, ever say over 9000 trying to be funny- I hate you. Just thought I would make that clear. "

I hate you too :)
InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I give them a 5 stars. It is a great site with a great community.