• 169 results
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#51 gamer_152  Moderator

It won't be at launch and I'll need to be in a better financial situation first, but I guess it'll be around the time I start seeing some games that really appeal to me coming out. So probably around the time of the Watch_Dogs release.

Avatar image for roarimadinosaur
RoarImaDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Christmas next year unless something AMAZING gets announced at E3/TGS/Gamescom in 2014. It also depends on if they announce Yakuza Ishin localisation earlier then I will pick up ASAP.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likely after the first hardware revision. I'm building a PC, so I'm not in a big hurry. This way there is some time to shake out any hardware problems and see which ends up having a better lineup of exclusives.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm going to first save up my money. Then when I have enough money to spare I'll buy one. It'll be pretty stupid of me to spend 500 bucks on a console and be broke. Anyway once I have money to spare I'll get the ps4 first, then xbox one afterwards. As for the Wii U no way in heaven will I buy that console.

It had a year to impress me, but I don't see any reason to buy it. Its got no sex appeal nothing worth while compared to ps4 and xbone.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Right now I am going to get an Xbox One (I have to pay for it tomorrow) as for the PS4 only Killzone is interesting me but I think I will still get it at launch.

Juzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Juzie

When there is something worth a damn to play. So most likely next spring.

This. Don't really care about buying a console just to say I own one.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Neither the PS4 or the Xbone looks appealing at all to me at the moment. I'm not looking forward to any of the launch games, and I'm not seeing any appealing games in the next few months from either console. At this point it's "wait and see" for me, I'll probably buy the PS4 when it has enough games I want to play that I can't play on my PC. It could well be a year until I buy it.

I'm thinking of buying a Wii U though. It has enough Nintendo stuff now for me to consider it. I'll probably get one of those in December.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

In about a weeks time

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

Just a hint over a week from now.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

7 days and 14 days.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

November 15th. Everything is going to be on both gens for the next year or so and next gen will have the better version so I don't get the wait and see approach. There will be tons to play.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 next year

CrunchyPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next year sometime for me. PC upgrades take priority so those will happen first, but by this time next year I'll own at least one of them, possibly both if there are enough appealing exclusives on each.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Jeust

I'm not planning on getting one, because of the focus on multiplayer games. Although it helps that I don't want to spend on them.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Infamous comes out, if I can find one.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I just bought a new console a couple of weeks ago. The next time I buy a new one is when inFamous: Second Son comes out. After that, whenever there's a Kinect-less SKU (or never).

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By Brendan

Next fall, because I can play most of the games that are available this fall and next spring on current gen consoles so I'm not worried about upgrading yet. I was 15 and in grade 10 when the 360 came out so I already got my launch day experience with skipping school and playing all day already.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

XONE Sandwich at Lunch

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By colourful_hippie

When they can provide an experience that I want that I can't already get on PC

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe sometime late next year, but it depends on a lot of different things. I am not buying anything at launch, mostly because I don't want to experience any of the major faults and errors there is going to be.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already paid for my Ps4, just waiting for it to be delivered.

Thinking really hard about getting a Wii U for Super Mario 3d World.

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting until next spring for something to entice me enough to buy a system. Right now Destiny is a front runner in that category and with that title I'm holding out hope that a PS4 bundle will come out at the same time.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If Destiny's really good, I'll pick up a PS4 the day it comes out. If not, I'll probably wait for the next console-exclusive Rockstar title to get announced.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Dragon Age 3 ends up being worth playing, then I'll pick up a new console for that.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Launch day for PS4, have an amazon pre-order. Mostly because I wanted a better version of Assassin's Creed 4 and the new Thief, but Killzone and Infamous look good too. Also I don't think $400 is that expensive, really. If it was $600 I would have waited for a price drop.

I probably won't get Xbox One for a couple years, maybe longer, depending on their exclusive lineup. Dead Rising and Forza aren't my thing really, so we shall see what else they release. If Halo 5 is amazing and better than 4 that would be a good incentive.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no plans to get a PS4 any time soon or an XONE at all. I might get a VIta or a Wii U this fall (or just upgrade my 3DS to an XL), depending on if some good sales happen in the next few weeks. Next year, I'll probably be getting a new video card for my PC (I like to upgrade every other year)... so maybe a PS4 in 2015? Then again, a couple of crazy-good PS4 games could tip my hand early.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have so dang many games in my backlog, I really can't justify the cost at the moment. Maybe my birthday in February?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Xbox One on day one. The launch lineup is better for me so I know I'll have a game or two to play before bigger/better games come out.

I'll eventually pick up a PS4 but will wait a bit and see. Perhaps after Christmas and early next year or when I see a bundle with a game in it could convince me.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By thatdutchguy

nope

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

The moment the Sony press conference ended.

Nekromantix87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Nekromantix87

The plan is to wait until Black Friday next year, but Amazon Warehouse usually screws up plans I make for myself. Though, barring some awesome Amazon Warehouse Deals' deal, I'm in no rush. Also, I just traded in about $140 worth of games to Best Buy in the past month, and I've made some very poorly thought out purchases in the past with Best Buy gift cards when I've sat on them for too long.

There's still a lot of life left in the PC I built a year a and a half ago, and it's very difficult to justify a new console when I'm already committed to a PC and saving tons of money by buying games on PC instead of either of my current consoles. I mean, hell, just bought an ACIV/SC: Blacklist voucher on eBay for $30 because why the hell not? I just hope next-gen Dynasty Warriors is available by the time I finally buy a new console, which oddly enough, is the idea that excites me most about next-gen gaming consoles.

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Schmollian

Probably around Holiday 2014. I just bought a GTX 770 for my PC. So I should be good until then. Then I can just round up the best games of the year along with a ps4.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I preordered the PS4 a couple months back but considering cancelling it and waiting till next year. Fortunately, I live in the UK and the US gets it 2 weeks ahead of us, so I can watch all the new console coverage and make a more informed decision on whether or not to cancel my PS4 order within those 2 weeks.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Icemo

I'm not sure really. Not anytime soon since pc has been enough for my gaming needs for a long time.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By monetarydread

I am waiting till next Christmas at the earliest. I have been buying launch systems since the NES and I regret it almost every time.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they get games I feel an obligation to play.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@triumvir said:

I have no plans to get a PS4 any time soon or an XONE at all. I might get a VIta or a Wii U this fall (or just upgrade my 3DS to an XL), depending on if some good sales happen in the next few weeks. Next year, I'll probably be getting a new video card for my PC (I like to upgrade every other year)... so maybe a PS4 in 2015? Then again, a couple of crazy-good PS4 games could tip my hand early.

Uhhh... so I went and bought a Wii U the same night I posted this. (I finally had a look at some more footage of SM3DW)

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91  Edited By Atary77

Aside from the obvious factor of money, to me it boils down to what games are going to be available on your console of choice. When it comes to any newly released console, a good rule of thumb is to wait 6 months after release. After that amount of time there should be more than enough games that would warrant purchasing a new box to play them on.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Destiny.

@brake said:

When Destiny comes out. Provided I have the money.

Destiny will probably the first game I buy as well.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jsnyder82

I have the expendable cash, so I pre-ordered a PS4 from Fred Meyer.

Fred Meyer seemed to have reservation tickets up until late October, which was later than anywhere else I'd seen.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I've got bad impulse control and extra cash for once in my life. Getting PS4 day-1 along with Black Flag and Killzone. I'm actually most excited for Resogun.

There are many good reasons not to get a PS4 or Xbox now though. These launch games just don't seem worth it. They are coming in busted. Hell the Xbox won't even play a game disk out of the box! It's surreal. Both system have some features missing; promised to show up sometime soon but who knows.

It's INSANE, but the WiiU has actually put together a decent holiday lineup. If they had Bayonetta out this month I'd be buying a new WiiU and a few games instead.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I preordered my PS4 in October, but they already sold out their initial shipment, so I have to wait until sometime in December.

Claudia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe next year? 2015? I still have enough unfinished games to play for the PS3/PC.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Launch on both. Although Xbox One was delayed in my country and probably launches sometime in March 2014. I guess they made it easy for me to pick my main platform. Getting Killzone and Rivals on PS4 at launch; Dead Rising 3 and probably Forza on Xbox One at launch.

I've always gotten most consoles at launch though. With the exception of the Wii and Wii U.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Launch. I pre-ordered my PS4 the moment they were up on Amazon.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

When is Platinum's new next-gen game out?