Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.

When has alphabetization ever helped out?

Stop complaining and watch your movies.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Jensonb

Dude, at least you get access to such a feature.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain
KaosAngel said:
Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.When has alphabetization ever helped out?Stop complaining and watch your movies. [more]

I'm normally the first person to be cynical and confrontational, but, frankly. What the hell are you talking about?

If the alphabet had never helped anyone, it wouldn't be the cornerstone of nearly every language in history. It's a standard feature of most organisational measures FOR A REASON.

Frankly, it astounds me such a basic feature is not present, it should go without saying to have this option... Find some sort of email address and complain would be my best suggestion.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
The_A_Drain said:
KaosAngel said: Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.When has alphabetization ever helped out?Stop complaining and watch your movies. ... [more]
When do we ever use the alphabet?!  Screw it, it's a system controlled by corporations to keep us as dogs.  I don't use the alphabet and make sure I'm a non-conformist.  I'm happy to admit, since school...I haven't use the alphabet once.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain
KaosAngel said:
The_A_Drain said: KaosAngel said: Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.When has alphabetization ever helped out?Stop complaining and watch ... [more]

I bet you especially didn't use it while typing out that post.

I'll admit, i'm not the first person to alphabetise my collection of, well, anything, but someone who can honestly say it's not the very foundation of organisation is a complete loonatic. Or a troll.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
The_A_Drain said:
KaosAngel said: The_A_Drain said: KaosAngel said: Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.When has alphabetization ever helped out?Stop complaining ... [more]
Hell no I didn't use the alphabet typing this.  I used my damn keyboard.  I didn't say "hey alphabet let's write shit", I said "fuck you alphabet...I got a keyboard".

Name one benefit of the alphabet.  Alphabet hasn't done shit for me, if anything it cased more trouble. 
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kush

Next time try to post in the correct forum please (ie. the X360 forum). Back on topic...I can't say that the Netflix interface is ideal on the X360, especially if you have a large queue, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_A_Drain
KaosAngel said:
The_A_Drain said: KaosAngel said: The_A_Drain said: KaosAngel said: Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.When has alphabetization ever helped ... [more]

I'd facepalm, but you'd have to use the alphabet in order to read my post. And clearly that offends you. Wait... woops! Looks like I used the alphabet again! Damn, theres just no other way to communicate over the internet.

Cept maybe this.

No Caption Provided

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

My Advice? Don't add movies to your list unless you plan to watch them, then remove them when you are finished watching.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
The_A_Drain said:
KaosAngel said: The_A_Drain said: KaosAngel said: The_A_Drain said: KaosAngel said: Why is the alphabet even important?  It's overrated.When has alphabetization ... [more]
Ventrilo.  You lose.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain
@KaosAngel:

I hardly 'lose' You still need port adresses, details, and computer code in order to make them work. None of which is possible without the alphabet. And yes, I know about Binary, but without simplified code that humans can easily understand, IE using hexidecimal to display the alphabet, computers would not be in the state they are today.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
The_A_Drain said:
@KaosAngel: I hardly 'lose' You still need port adresses, details, and computer code in order to make them work. None ... [more]
Man, you have your alphabet pride.  It's because of the alphabet we have terrorism.   Do you support terrorism?
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@KaosAngel:

If I say yes, do I win?
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel
The_A_Drain said:
@KaosAngel: If I say yes, do I win?
Not unless you want me to report you to homeland security with proof.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_A_Drain

Well in that case... Wait a minute! I just got a text from one of my terro.. I mean.. football associates. He said terrorists use bombs not the alphabet, you lied to me.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KaosAngel

Can't make bomb without the alphabet.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_A_Drain

Sure you can, flour and water. You can make anything with flour and water, even the alphabet.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel

This is totally off topic.  Hah.  How'd this even start?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_A_Drain

Eh, the OP was just as much off topic :P

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel

I feel sorry for him...you sort of ruined his tread with your "alphabets are needed" rant.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_A_Drain

lol, well, it's pretty appaling not to have a sort feature like that though. But theres not a lot more to be said on the subject :P

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel

he could just stream netflix from his PC like every normal person

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Insectecutor

2902 1829 1777 347639 188729812 383 4999 18 28 100.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
Insectecutor said:
2902 1829 1777 347639 188729812 383 4999 18 28 100.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By TheKidNixon

I agree that the interface could be much better, though in general I would say go into you Instant Queue on the website and then push what you're most interested in right now at the top of your list.

My bigger headache is that fact that I can't brows the Netflix catalog and just add stuff from my actual 360. That would be nice.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Insectecutor
KaosAngel said:
Insectecutor said: 2902 1829 1777 347639 188729812 383 4999 18 28 100. 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B ... [more]
F? D? E? B? C? ALPHABET.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_A_Drain
TheKidNixon said:
I agree that the interface could be much better, though in general I would say go into you Instant Queue ... [more]

Wow, seems like the whole service has a heap of bad design choices in it's implementation? I've not actually used, not even sure if its available in the UK. I'd advise you people to complain, and not through email, send a physical letter to whoever is responsible. If it's anything like the UK business law, most companies have to 'look into' the problem if you send them a physical letter whereas an email can go ignored.

Maybe they will fix some of the problems.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By TheKidNixon
The_A_Drain said:
TheKidNixon said: I agree that the interface could be much better, though in general I would say go into you ... [more]
 I'm not pitching a fit or anything; I'm just saying the implementation isn't perfect. The NetFlix app is actually what convinced me to renew my Xbox Live account when my last card ran out.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By penguindust

355 movies just in your instant queue?  First thing I'd suggest is trimming that down.  You can always re-add them again later...or just walk over to you computer and add them as necessary.  

TheKidNixon said:
I agree that the interface could be much better, though in general I would say go into you Instant Queue ... [more]
Yeah, I'd much rather be able to add and remove movies directly from my Xbox than worry about alphabetizing stuff.  And, as far as Netflix is concerned in general, I'd like them to stop suggesting stuff to me because it's always either stuff I've seen or stuff I have no interest in.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By cinemandrew
theMcNasty said:
I have 355 movies in my Netflix Instant Queue.  They were all beautifully and painstakingly alphabetized until a glitch on ... [more]
I was just wondering the same thing myself two days ago when I was arranging mine by genre/category. I wouldn't really care for alphabetical, but by genre, or rating would be nice. I have 130 in my queue, and even with it organized now, it can take a little time to find exactly what I'm looking for. With 355, I imagine it's damn near impossible.

On a side note, My girlfriend and I have only had netflix for a short amount of time. We had it a couple years ago, but we ended up cancelling after half our regular queue list got randomly deleted 3 times within one month. We had something like 200 titles in there, so this isn't the first time I've heard about them having technical issues with large lists. I'd say try to thin out your list a bit. I know they should fix the problem, but you'll probably minimize your chances of it happening if you have a smaller list. One thing I did was take out all the different seasons of shows I had on there that I hadn't even started yet. I figured I'm not even sure I like the show, so why have every single season clogging up the damn thing. I'm not going to be hopping back and forth between seasons, so why bother having more than one up at a time. You could probably do the same thing with sequels too.
nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By nexas

My advice. Don't have so many movies in you queue.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Death_Unicorn

1 50 1337 1 |>0|\|7 |\|33|> 4lphabet
so h4 1337 SP33K FTW!$!!!

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AgentofChaos

Yeah Trim that # of films down, your not gonna watch them all at once. Secondly order them as you'd want to watch them, that is kinda the point.

grimmspectre18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By grimmspectre18

I think my instant queue has 374 movies right now and even though the titles aren't alphabetically ordered I don't really find it too difficult to find what I'm looking for. If you press RB then it does a little title warp and throws you like 10-15 movies forward this works inversely with LB. Using that helped me alot once I passed the 150 mark.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cspiffo

It doesn't alphabetize because the purpose of the Cue is to watch a video and then delete it.  Therefore it maintains the order in which you added the movie to the cue (ie.  oldest to newest).  You don't own the movie so why are you going through so much trouble to catalogue something you don't own?  You're also creeping up on the Cue limit which is 500 titles.  Watch and delete dude.  Stop trying to hoard the unhoardable!