Xbox exec says Halo will be the biggest game of 10'.

• 94 results
random_guy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By random_guy23

CALL OF DUTY 7 will probably sell more than anything else. Halo, meh.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By XxBarretxX

it'll be the biggest game of the year in 2010 if your between the ages of 5-16

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It will be big, but 2010 is going to be BIG

4thHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By 4thHorseman

I haven't seen a game coming out next year that I think can topple Halo: Reach. 

But I refuse to support any more sales for Halo after my disappointment in Halo 3 and Halo ODST
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Gargantuan

So I can't enjoy Halo games without being a twelve year old retard that lives in a basement? That's the impression I get when I read threads about Halo. 
Can't we all just get along?

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By webby

The Halo series is great but the stereotypical 12 year old hasn't exactly helped its name. They are great games and they do some awesome things.  
Most people who are talking shit just sound like fanboys.  
The stupid amount of hype these games get don't exactly help. 

Also Ive probably played more Halo 3 than anyone on this website but I can still see its no where near the best game ever but its definitely not shit like some of you are saying.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By JJOR64

No, just no.

smoolander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By smoolander

It's a requirement to speak on behalf of Xbox for Microsoft that you are injected with an optimism drug that causes you to spout super enthusiastic PR crap to whoever you are speaking to. I love my xbox, but really some of the spin garbage that comes out of the mouths from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo makes me want to literally vomit. I'm sure it will sell well, but boy are Microsoft going to flog this Halo horse until it dies, then resurrect it and flog it until the undead version of it dies as well.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ArchScabby

He's wrong.

Mass Effect 2 will be the biggest  game of ever.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By xyzygy
@ArchScabby said:
" He's wrong.  Mass Effect 2 will be the biggest  game of ever. "
True dat. OF EVER.
ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ADTR_ZERO

It probably will be, whether other people like it or not. Halo 3 has sold 10 MILLION copies. That towers over every other game except for MW2 and maybe CoD4.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By damnboyadvance

Nah. I got my money on Super Mario Galaxy 2 if it comes out in 2010.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zombie2011
@MAN_FLANNEL: You should just quit while your ahead. I've realized that apart from a rare few, most Giantbomb members hate Halo, not because its bad because it obviously isn't seeing all the games review well and they sell millions of copies, they hate it because its popular.  

I don't know why people on the internet seem to hate things that are popular, and i don't really care. Everyone knows Halo is a great franchise and Halo: Reach will sell like crazy. I've learned to avoid any topics on Giantbomb with the word Halo on because posts are just bashing the franchise for no reason.
Coltaine22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Coltaine22
@AutomaticSnake:  Xbox has better exclusives than PS3 next year. Fable 3, Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, possibly Gears of War 3  vs. God of War 3, Grand Turismo, Heavy Rain, Mag (Beta Blows).  

Halo Reach is definitely gonna be in contention, but I think World at War 2 will outsell it. It probably shouldn't but people are hooked on Call of Duty, even though it's getting stale. Final Fantasy, God of War are great games, but they don't push the numbers that Halo or Cod do. Grand Turismo has a great track record, but I think it doesn't have the cache it used to. Somebody mentioned it's twelth in all time sales for a non-pack in title, but it was packed in with the Ps2.
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jack_daniels

I kinda lost faith after spending 60 bucks on ODST... : (

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pweidman

Maybe. With the new engine they're working with, and the possibility of a new twist on the proven Halo mp, it might be very big.  Also, it's prolly Bungie's swan as far as the Halo franchise is concerned, and the competitive bar has been set high by the IW games mp-wise and in terms of popularity as well.  I believe that's a real motivation for the guys at Bungie btw.

They'll bring something good for sure.  How big we'll have to see, and don't forget it's every execs job at MS to hype the exclusive games.  But they have seen the game a bit, and by all accounts I've read, it's bringing a much improved look and performance.  I'm most curious as to how they use the Reach novel to inform the sp game(it was a pretty big disaster for the UNSC according to the Halo novels/cannon).  Can't wait for more stuff and specifically the glimpse promised at the awards show coming on Spike.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@zombie2011 said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL: You should just quit while your ahead. I've realized that apart from a rare few, most Giantbomb members hate Halo, not because its bad because it obviously isn't seeing all the games review well and they sell millions of copies, they hate it because its popular.   I don't know why people on the internet seem to hate things that are popular, and i don't really care. Everyone knows Halo is a great franchise and Halo: Reach will sell like crazy. I've learned to avoid any topics on Giantbomb with the word Halo on because posts are just bashing the franchise for no reason. "
Yeah, the smug assholes in the forums are one of the few flaws of Giantbomb.  You know, the people that think writing a paragraph full of superfluous diction somehow exempts them from being the mindless fanboys they condemn. 
Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo's cool and all... it just feels like I'm playing the same game every time though with better graphics and new weapons or enemies. After releasing 4 games I don't really see anything new occuring.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By Willy105

Xbox exec says pro-Xbox thing. This is totally unexpected.

But you never know.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By zombie2011
@AestheticSynthesis said:
"it just feels like I'm playing the same game every time though with better graphics and new weapons or enemies."
So basically you don't like any sequel seeing thats what every sequel is.
R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By R3Qui4M
@ZeForgotten: Word.....
R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By R3Qui4M
@Maxszy: You're rite i thought you were talking about numbers
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#73  Edited By rjayb89

News flash!  Sony exec says God of War will be the biggest game of '10.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By oldschool
@RobotHamster said:
"  Next year will see the release of Final Fantasy XIII in the West, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and StarCraft II. "I feel confident that there's nothing that will compare in size," Xbox exec Aaron Greenberg told website Gamasutra. "Halo: Reach will be the biggest game of 2010."  ( Source Kotaku)   Now, I don't know about anyone else but Halo is on the bottom of my list in that group of awesomness, I haven't played Halo in over a year.  I probably won't even get to it unless im at a friends house who has it.  The only other game I won't be playing is Starcraft 2, and thats because my computer can't play it.  So, will Halo: Reach be the BIGGEST game of 2010, in terms of sales and/or the best game to play?   "
Well, he would say that wouldn't he? 

I would put my money on the sales being in this order:
  1. Gran Turismo 5 
  2. Final Fantasy XIII  
  3. Halo Rach
  4. Bioshock 2 
  5. Starcraft II 
  6. Mass Effect 2 
  7. God of War 3 

Look, I can make up forecasts as well  ^-^
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#75  Edited By natetodamax

Well of course it will be, it has Halo in the title.

Matte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Matte
Yes, this Xbox exec's opinion is totally out from left field.
Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Siris

Mass Effect 2 is gonna be sweet, can't wait.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Barrock

It could potentially be up there as far as sales. It's going to have a lot of competition, especially if a new Zelda is released.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By L4wz

Well I wouldn't be surprised if Halo: Reach was the biggest game of '10 lets look at sales of past Halos: 

Halo CE: 6 Million 

Halo 2: 8.4 Million 

Halo 3: 10 Million 

Halo 3: ODST: 3.6 Million
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011:
If a sequel counts as a series that has droned on this long with no real progression or innovation... then yeah I guess I'm not fond of sequels.
Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it will.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Manatassi

Oh look another Halo bashing thread...  What a surprise! 

Halo bashing threads are just so Meh. They are just milking the Halo Bashing Thread Franchise now.  

......zzzzzzzzZZZZZ 

:P

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83  Edited By PureRok
@TheSmilingDude said:

" Burgerking says their hamburgers are best.... "

Burger King makes the best hamburgers I've had, fast-food or otherwise. Granted, I haven't had an In-N-Out burger, which I hear are the best.

@zombie2011 said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL: You should just quit while your ahead. I've realized that apart from a rare few, most Giantbomb members hate Halo, not because its bad because it obviously isn't seeing all the games review well and they sell millions of copies, they hate it because its popular.   I don't know why people on the internet seem to hate things that are popular, and i don't really care. Everyone knows Halo is a great franchise and Halo: Reach will sell like crazy. I've learned to avoid any topics on Giantbomb with the word Halo on because posts are just bashing the franchise for no reason. "
I hated it before it was popular. Do I get a cookie? I start out hating anything that is based in Science Fiction, regardless of what it's about. See, I have a reason for hating it.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Rowr
In other news, the pope says:

Christianity is the way to go!
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Coombs

Biggest Game of 2010? Yeah Probably.
Best Game of 2010? Probably Not

I was a fan of the halo series H1 was fun, I put to many hours into H2s online I couldnt even guess at a  number,
But H3 just couldnt hold my interest, I didnt even bother with ODST, And I doubt I'll get Reach.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@AestheticSynthesis said:

" @zombie2011: If a sequel counts as a series that has droned on this long with no real progression or innovation... then yeah I guess I'm not fond of sequels. "

Where exactly has Call of Duty progressed in comparasion to Halo then?
Besides the Modern Warfare games going for a different setting, they're all pretty much the same thing.

For that matter, the same arguement could be leveled against Metal Gear Solid, since the first one there's been very little change to the series, apart from the odd gameplay mechanic.  And both of those series' have "droned on" for far longer.  What about games like Ratchet & Clank that are pumped out every other year with almost no distinguishing features to set them apart?  I honestly don't even know which one of them I own.

I mean, if you dislike the series, that's all well and good.  I just don't understand why the Halo series generates such amounts of hate.  This will be the 5th proper Halo game, compared to the..  9th or 10th Call of Duty, not counting the portable versions.. Peace Walker and Rising mark the 12th and 13th Metal Gear game and Ratchet & Clank is somewhere around 8.  And with the exception of Metal Gear, these series' actually started after the original Halo was released.  (although going from MGS2, which was around the same time as Combat Evolved, Metal Gear Solid has still put out more games in a shorter period).
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MeierTheRed

Probably will there are a lot of stupid kids out there.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By dbz1995

I MADE A GAME WITH ZOMBIES IN IT 2 will be the best game, most anticipated, and most sold. The theme song will be on LOOP

AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WinterSnowblind:
I don't remember pulling Call of Duty up. In fact Modern Warfare 2 pissed me off since it's the same as COD4 with new bells and whistles. Most of those things should have been in DLC packs rather than being thrown into a full grown release. I feel the same for L4D2 in case you bring that up due to my avatar. While there are sequels I truly enjoy, the majority have been disappointments. 
I never said I hated Halo, I think the multiplayer is fun but aging fast. I just want something new with the series and the multiplayer, but I really don't see that happening.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90  Edited By Karmum

Microsoft executive saying that their biggest franchise's new game will be the biggest game of 2010?

Absolutely shocking.

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jared

I'm sure its going to be huge but there's a lot of other big titles coming out as well, its going to be another awesome year for games!

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Tiwi

I'm just going to add this for you saying the install base is too small: 
XBOX 360 - 34.53mill 
PS3 - 28.35mill 

it's only 6 million.it makes just about no difference.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jimbo

Hmmmm, no.  I think next year's Call of Duty (whatever it is) outsells Halo Reach.  I think GTA 5 outsells both of them if it comes out next year.

There's an outside chance that Natal or Sony Thing breaks big and one of them has an equivalent of Wii Sports.

I think there would need to be no CoD or GTA for Halo Reach to stand a chance of being the best selling game of 2010.  It's nailed on for best selling exclusive though I would imagine, at least as far as traditional games go.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Shadow

Wow.  A Microsoft employee went on record as saying a Microsoft game will be the biggest one of the year.  Shocking.