#1  Edited By mordukai
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By VisariLoyalist

nah man, I like listening to them while I play games.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

I would have liked to see the expressions on their faces, especially on the last bombcast. 

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By torus

If it was video, you could still just listen to it....

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TheKidNixon

Oh come on. You can't have a "Maybe" option without a "NEVER!"

And I don't see a reason not to do a vidcast version, though I'd hope to keep the audio-only portion as well.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DerekDanahy

I think it would be cool to at least see the first 10 minutes while they do drinks.

Mootalstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Mootalstrike

I like the bombcast the way it is...

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By matthew
@DerekDanahy said:
" I think it would be cool to at least see the first 10 minutes while they do drinks. "
This.  They did this for one of the early episodes, and it was pretty entertaining.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By choffy21

Hmm... I dunno. Watching the Day 00 Podcast video was entertaining, but most of the time it was Brad playing with his iPhone and Ryan walking around while Vinny and Jeff talked about the Microsoft Press Conference. If I recall correctly, I even remember Brad drumming on the side the bed beecause he seemed bored. Plus Jeff's expressions weren't as good as I imagine them being.

While it was cool, I prefer to just listen to it.
Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, aint got the bandwidth for a 2hour++ show of 4 dudes sitting in a basement.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Scooper

Plus all you can see if the ridiculas spit shields where people's faces should be.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang

I love GB, but not enough to sit through feature film length vidcasts weekly. The bombcast is perfect as is.

corgorav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By corgorav

Yeah Im gonna say the bandwidth thing and also some peeps still have slow internets and those dl caps so... No.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mordukai
@TheKidNixon said:
" Oh come on. You can't have a "Maybe" option without a "NEVER!"And I don't see a reason not to do a vidcast version, though I'd hope to keep the audio-only portion as well. "
Ohh man. I totally forgot about the "NEVER" thingy. LMAO
deeztreezeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deeztreezeez

If they did both I would like that BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT that they will never do and i cant blame them. I have a two hour drive to work so I enjoy listening to them as I drive.

Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Bigbombomb
Never. Maybe?
@DerekDanahy
said:
" I think it would be cool to at least see the first 10 minutes while they do drinks. "
I agree with this. I also think that the podcast should stay in audio form. I might get bored if I just see them talk to each other. (Unless they have some cool visuals or something.)
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Feanor

They are podcast for a reason.  It makes it so you do not have to be at a computer to listen to it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#18  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I think that a video version of the most recent podcast would be good, so I could see the expression on the GB crew's faces when Leigh Alexander started ranting about romance in Resident Evil, the Sex Appeal of Nazi Uniforms, why people under-appreciate Metal Gear because they don't understand all the meta shit that is going on, and (of course) Boning.

But otherwise no. I usually listen to the Bombcast whilst working out or playing games with the volume turned down.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Systech

I listen when I'm doing work outside and stuff. They pretty much keep me from going insane from my awful work ADD.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By weltal

NEVER!!!

Or really more like sometimes. I don't need to watch them talk all the time but sometimes would be cool.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai

I think they should do a special BombVidCast every now and again. I mean I would have loved to see the expressions on their faces when that Gamasutra she called Bioware a bunch of dorks. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By CenturionCajun

No, I don't think it should become a vidcast. I've watched a couple of vidcasts of other sites podcasts and it was really quite boring. Just a bunch of guys sitting around a table covered with electronics and big microphones. I just ended up minimizing it to listen to the audio.

Now, I will agree for special occassions it's perfectly acceptable. If they're getting trashed for the Game of the Year show I wouldn't mind watching that. The slow decline from semi-sobriety to drunken ranting is always amusing to see.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By fugie7

no because i like listening to them while doing other stuff.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By StarFoxA

Um there's not much to watch. Just the Giant Bomb crew sitting there, talking, surrounded by egg carton space-age foam.

Aphex666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aphex666

No. I would be against this as the Bombcast is one of the few things that helps me get through my daily commute to work.  I can't listen to the radio anymore as presenters these days wind me up so badly I was arriving at work ready to go postal.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By get2sammyb

No. I like listening to the Bombcast in bed. Away from computers and screens.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matt_
@Feanor said:
"They are podcast for a reason.  It makes it so you do not have to be at a computer to listen to it."
Yeah I listen to it on my way to and from work on Wednesday mornings. So a video would be a no go.
CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CoverlessTech

Just to make it clear. Just because there is a video doesn't mean there can't be a audio version. Just look at Mega64, they put up a video and audio version of their podcast.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By NickLott

I agree with what's been said, it basically is just video of them talking and it'll probably put extra work on Vinny and Drew. Instead, they have those cheap flip cameras that they shoot shorts around the office with. They should have one of those at the podcast table and when they do drink tests, Jeff goes off of the voicebox or anything visual, they should tape it and post it.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hitchenson

NEVER

Well... maybe.
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jensonb

I am in favour of a Video show, but I do not necessarily think The Bombcast is that show. I think Vinny could probably come up with a better way to do a regular Giant Bomb Magazine Show than just pointing a camera at the Bombcast. And if he's too drunk to do that, and Drew is out of the office, I'm quite happy to put together such a show for them.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Maybe every now and then for special events, or an extended live video review of big games. But the bomcasts are like 2 hours long so that's a lot of extra bandwidth to watch Jeff and the guys sit on a couch. If there's a lot of interest maybe they could come out with a 45-1hour video podcast to showcase what everybody's playing, but keep it completely separate from the bomcast.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pazy

I definately say no. I generally listen to the podast before I go to sleep or on the way to college (as I do with all podcasts) and I need nmy eyes to prevent myself walking into stuff. If they did it as a compliment to the podcast, such as filming them recording as normal, id definately watch it but even the mid-step of filming a video show and also having it to download as audio only wouldent really be enough since then it just feels like your missing out of part of the show, whereas adding video to a podcast just means your getting slightly more.

Plus I have a terrible download speed and dont want to suddenly have to download more data for the same amount of time, because that means that overall I get to enjoy less content.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ineedaname

If they were to do both they could set it up so they can be filmed and get someone like Drew or Dave to film it, and just upload both but that could be troublesome but it'd stop them recording it twice.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HazBazz
@Scooper said:
" Plus all you can see if the ridiculas spit shields where people's faces should be. "
Thats a pop screen, not a spit shield. It cuts out the audi booms when they say 'P' or 'B'
Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jensonb

I am in favour of a Video show, but I do not necessarily think The Bombcast is that show. I think Vinny could probably come up with a better way to do a regular Giant Bomb Magazine Show than just pointing a camera at the Bombcast. And if he's too drunk to do that, and Drew is out of the office, I'm quite happy to put together such a show for them.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By EpicSteve

You wanna watch a bunch of dudes sitting in a circle talking into mics for two hours?

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By randiolo

i think it would be cool if it was like a slide show of images of the stuff they were talking about and have the bombcast in the background.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Scooper
@HazBazz: I know that I just couldn't think of the name for it at the time. Oh well
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40  Edited By natetodamax

Hell no. I like listening to them while I'm trying to fall asleep. A video would just be horrendously boring.

billcosby2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By billcosby2004

No. 

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By Computerplayer1

Since they are usually over 2 hours in length, that would be a bit huge to post very week.

Avatar image for frenchfriedfool
FrenchFriedFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By FrenchFriedFool

NEVER

...Should definitely have been an option, also that's asking alot of both Vinny and Drew for a somewhat pointless reason. So no.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By samcotts

They should definitely do some sort of weekly video show, but keep it seperate to the Bombcast.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
Stick it with the audio. Don't need no visuals - that's what the other video features are for.
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheGremp

I think it would be cool to have it video for the ones where it's a total clusterfuck...  I can never recognize the voices of 10 random game developers in one room.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Insectecutor

If you make a video podcast you have to make it visually interesting, video for the sake of video is just boring. I don't think trying to make a two hour video podcast pop is worth the effort. Audio all the way.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Manatassi

It would always be nice to have more video content of the guys, but the Bombcast should stay audio. I would prefer to see a shorter video come out regularly maybe like what the COOP guys do and keep the Bombcast. Of course Im sure thats just gonna be too much extra work.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By MKHavoc

No, because I don't always listen to them while I'm at my computer.

Kenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kenny

They could easily set up a justin tv account and just let it stream live as they record the bombcast every week. Problem solved!