Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 19: Golden Sun

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Batman as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Part 13: Pikmin

Part 14: Kid Icarus

Part 15: Ice Climber

Part 16: Animal Crossing

Part 17: Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan

Part 18: Yoshi's Island

Part 19: Golden Sun

Felix
Felix
Synopsis: Felix was the main progagonist of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and childhood friend of Isaac and Garret, as well as Jenna's sister. In a tragic accident, he was thought to have been carried away by the river that runs through their hometown, but was in fact taken in by a mysterious pair and joins them in their goal. 

Notable Appearances: Golden Sun, Golden Sun: The Lost Age

SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10

Alternate Costumes:

Issac
Issac

Alex
Alex
Synopsis: A manipulator of people as well as the water element, Alex was long a defender of the Mercury Lighthouse before leaving to pursue his own agenda. However, his quest for power proves to be his downfall.

SSB4 Likelyhood:1/10

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Batman as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Part 13: Pikmin

Part 14: Kid Icarus

Part 15: Ice Climber

Part 16: Animal Crossing

Part 17: Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan

Part 18: Yoshi's Island

Part 19: Golden Sun

Felix
Felix
Synopsis: Felix was the main progagonist of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and childhood friend of Isaac and Garret, as well as Jenna's sister. In a tragic accident, he was thought to have been carried away by the river that runs through their hometown, but was in fact taken in by a mysterious pair and joins them in their goal. 

SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10

Alternate Costumes:

Issac
Issac

Alex
Alex
Synopsis: A manipulator of people as well as the water element, Alex was long a defender of the Mercury Lighthouse before leaving to pursue his own agenda. However, his quest for power proves to be his downfall.

SSB4 Likelyhood:1/10

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

Another one I don't know sadly.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Part 19? Jeez. Looks like I've missed quite a few....
Never played Golden Sun, actually. It seems to me like a good series to take a character from.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ

You two haven't played Golden Sun? Those two games were the very best games on the Gameboy Advance, and likely the best RPGs of that generation. I praise Golden Sun higher than Tales of Symphonia or any of the PS2 FFs, so that should tell you they are something special. Isaac made it in as an assist trophy, so i wouldn't be suprised if they represented in SSB4.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EvilTwin

Good nod to the Golden Sun games.  Loved them.  However, Isaac has a way higher chance of being a character than Felix.  He was really considered the hero of the franchise, even though he wasn't the main character of Lost Age. 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
EvilTwin said:
"Good nod to the Golden Sun games.  Loved them.  However, Isaac has a way higher chance of being a character than Felix.  He was really considered the hero of the franchise, even though he wasn't the main character of Lost Age.  "
You're probably right. though both of them got about equal face time between the two games, isaac did get the power at the end of the game. I just liked felix more. 
Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Kinarion

Fantastic games, and graphically amazing to boot.  I can imagine some really fantastic Djinni based move-sets, especially final smashes.  The mix of a sword and Djinni could make for some neat variety.