GiantBomb Mod Idol?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I'd nominate myself to be the naked cartoon pussy moderator but I don't have the extra 300 hours a week to scrutinize the enormous amount of naked cartoon pussy on this site.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#152  Edited By Pie
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Mikemcn said:
" @ArchScabby said:
"the guy who posted the longest thread title challenge want more mods????  okay then.... "
Hes an ex con who wants his Giant Bomb life back on track. "
Word brutha I come from da streets! I'm an old washed up hero, I got into some trouble and now I need to make sure it don't happen again like dat ya know? "
resists urge to spit out lyrics
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By ververdan0226
@RHCPfan24 said:

" I don't think any of us necessarily would make great mods; the position is demanding and I know the majority of us here wouldn't be able to handle it. That being said, I would like to see more activity from the current mods with the recent influx of user activity that has brought spam or just unnecessary topics. But MB says they are working on something so I will wait and see.

@Pie

said:

" His name was EndoGene and he made me a kick ass icon "

My name is Endogene......my name is Endogene......my name was Endogene......good times. "
Where do you think Endogene is now without GiantBomb in his life? Drugs? Prostitution? West Virginia?
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@ververdan0226 said:
Where do you thin "
Who the fuck are you Ricky Ricardo?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#155  Edited By RHCPfan24
@ververdan0226 said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:

" I don't think any of us necessarily would make great mods; the position is demanding and I know the majority of us here wouldn't be able to handle it. That being said, I would like to see more activity from the current mods with the recent influx of user activity that has brought spam or just unnecessary topics. But MB says they are working on something so I will wait and see.

@Pie

said:

" His name was EndoGene and he made me a kick ass icon "

My name is Endogene......my name is Endogene......my name was Endogene......good times. "
Where do you think Endogene is now without GiantBomb in his life? Drugs? Prostitution? West Virginia? "
I think the proper response is South Carolina.
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By ververdan0226
@BiffMcBlumpkin: Do you mean "Who the fuck are you Ricky Ricardo?" or, "Who the fuck are you? Ricky Ricardo?" Two very different meanings.  :P

And in the case of the first one, well, I am Batman.

God that was a stupid response.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#157  Edited By damnboyadvance

I think there are enough mods as is. We don't currently have THAT much spam, do we?

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@damnboyadvance said:

" I think there are enough mods as is. We don't currently have THAT much spam, do we? "

No, we don't get that much spam. But, I think it does take a while for the spam to disappear if it ever surfaces. I mean there was some thread about a guy who pooped out Madden and it was sitting there for like 50 minutes before being dealt with.
Aside from that example I also noticed more and more people saying we need more mods. The mods do a fantastic job at keeping spam at bay...when they're online..You see, if we had more mods that could mean that more would be on when others are not, thus giving more "protection". You know, working the night shift some might say.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Pie

Even though you all doubt my spelling ability let alone my people managing skills I could do it

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#160  Edited By Hamz

It should be noted we pick new moderators based on individual merit and how good we feel they would be for the job. Not based on gender.

Picking a female moderator for the sake of having a female moderator does not mean we have picked the right person for the job.

The reason the current roster of moderators is all male, and has always been all male, is not due to sexism or anything like that. It is due, in large part, to the fact a majority of our user-base is in fact male which means more of our possible candidates are male than female. Simple as that.

No sexism here at all.

PS. - Girls smell!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By CL60
@Hamz said:

"  PS. - Girls smell! "

Word brother!
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Pie
@Hamz said:
  PS. - Girls smell! "
Racist......
JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 34

#163  Edited By JackiJinx
@Hamz: The only reason the community could possibly need an additional moderator or two would be because of the increase of topics that require moderation, but do not receive them, mostly during the EST evening time (6-11pm EST). This would be fixed if the community was given one or two new mod-worthy moderators. If no one fits the description, then I suggest that some mods take turns looking at the said time slot.

Also, I think this is a decent time to bring up that I need my flagging privileges reset. They never reset automatically.

EDIT: Also, lack of female moderators = lack of females on the site. Doy.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Hamz said:
" It should be noted we pick new moderators based on individual merit and how good we feel they would be for the job. Not based on gender.  Picking a female moderator for the sake of having a female moderator does not mean we have picked the right person for the job.  The reason the current roster of moderators is all male, and has always been all male, is not due to sexism or anything like that. It is due, in large part, to the fact a majority of our user-base is in fact male which means more of our possible candidates are male than female. Simple as that.  No sexism here at all.  PS. - Girls smell! "
I hope that last part was in jest Hamz. And we where not saying just pick a female any female. Pick a female or at least consider a female that has contributed to this site and helps out which you should know that i do Hamz. I don't even really care if you pick Shazam, JackiJinx Coffesash or Virago. The fact is that there are female members here that contribute and would like to further help out this site.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By OmegaPirate

You could always trust a pirate

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Hamz
@ValkyrieGoddess: Yes the last part was in jest. 

We have in the past, and will do so still in the future, considered female users as candidates to become moderators on the site. The simple truth of the matter is those individual female users didn't get picked. Not because they were female, but simply the other potential candidates were considered better choices. It is just unfortunate that the other candidates tend to be male, and that is simply because the ratio of male to female users within the community is much higher in favour of male users.

So again let me stress the point that just because someone is female does not mean they will never be considered or picked to become a moderator. Just like we will not discriminate against ethnic, religious, moral or national backgrounds etc.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Linkyshinks

As I've said before, the reason why there's so few females on this site is due largely to the moderation here. The persistent allowing of comments from male members that are both sexist and sexually vulgar is quite astonishing for a supposed EO policy site. 

The fact is the ToS are a load of BS here, there's no clear reference to sexist commentary, something which is directed at females constantly here. Nothing is also said when sexually vulgar comments are directed at women here.

Earlier today I showed the thread you guys happily kept open, for frat- boy kicks, to AliCrombie a female moderator on Gamespot. Your fine team of moderators are hot topic over on the moderating forum there, and with good reason.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Hamz said:
"It should be noted we pick new moderators based on individual merit and how good we feel they would be for the job. Not based on gender. "
I recommend that you start basing it at least partially on gender.
Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#169  Edited By Caddy
@Linkyshinks said:
Your fine team of moderators are hot topic over on the moderating forum there, and with good reason. "
Hamz is always a hot topic with me. And I mean that.
Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Caddy
@kmdrkul said:
"The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.   "
Hey!  I resent that! I have a life, and some soul to go on top.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By RandomHero666

I don't think we need more mods, the current one are doing a perfectly good job as they always have.  
Then again, the loss of BoG could be considered a vacancy, in which case i unofficially vote for Lies.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@Linkyshinks said:

@Hamz

said:

" It should be noted we pick new moderators based on individual merit and how good we feel they would be for the job. Not based on gender.  Picking a female moderator for the sake of having a female moderator does not mean we have picked the right person for the job.  The reason the current roster of moderators is all male, and has always been all male, is not due to sexism or anything like that. It is due, in large part, to the fact a majority of our user-base is in fact male which means more of our possible candidates are male than female. Simple as that.  No sexism here at all.  PS. - Girls smell! "

As I've said before, the reason why there's so few females on this site is due largely to the moderation here. The persistent allowing of comments from male members that are both sexist and sexually vulgar is quite astonishing for a supposed EO policy site. 

The fact is the ToS are a load of BS here, there's no clear reference to sexist commentary, something which is directed at females constantly here. Nothing is also said when sexually vulgar comments are directed at women here.

Earlier today I showed the thread you guys happily kept open, for frat- boy kicks, to AliCrombie a female moderator on Gamespot. Your fine team of moderators are hot topic over on the moderating forum there, and with good reason. "

Or maybe there are so few females here for the same reason there'd be so few straight dudes if this were a shoe forum, apart from Gerstmann. "Largely because of the moderation," yahaha - you must be fucking delusional. There were so few females here from day 0, before the first moderation keystroke. It's a videogame forum geared towards male 20 something's.

Listen, if you make a "I'm a semi nude female model" thread on this forum, knowing what it is, and you don't get people busting your [possibly nonexistent] balls it doesn't mean this forum isn't sexist, it means it's full of bland fuckfaces... that would be a sad day for this forum. That thread was kept open for that very reason.  Vulgar posts are directed at anyone, male or female, vapid enough to post such a thread... they should be.

How often do you parade around the forum advertising your hairy nutsack? How do I know you're not female? I don't. If you go out of your way to let everyone know you're packing a crotchfull of white hot pussy for the sake of letting everyone know you're packing a crotchfull of white hot pussy - that makes you an attention whore and a tired internet cliche.  You don't see Snider making "I'm so piss drunk I can't stand" topics every afternoon (even though there's isn't a person on this forum who doesn't know he is,) and if he did it would be appropriate for the posts in that thread to bust his balls about being so drunk on a daily basis before 11AM.  If you spend your time on a forum pulling your digital pants down and sticking your ass in the faces of other members because you want so badly for them to notice what's going on down there people should point that fact that you're an idiot, that's called calling a spade a spade. 

And the fact that you tracked down a female moderator on Gamespot and showed her that thread seems wicked friggin weird man, that's odd behavior.... As odd as what goes on in these forums being a "hot topic" over anywhere is pathetic.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#173  Edited By Black_Rose

I think it's a fact that one or two mods would be extremely helpful. However, I can't think of two people qualified for the job.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Linkyshinks
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

@Hamz

said:

Earlier today I showed the thread you guys happily kept open, for frat- boy kicks, to AliCrombie a female moderator on Gamespot. Your fine team of moderators are hot topic over on the moderating forum there, and with good reason. "

Or maybe there are so few females here for the same reason there'd be so few straight dudes if this were a shoe forum, apart from Gerstmann. "Largely because of the moderation," yahaha - you must be fucking delusional. There were so few females here from day 0, before the first moderation keystroke. It's a videogame forum geared towards male 20 something's.

Listen, if you make a "I'm a semi nude female model" thread on this forum, knowing what it is, and you don't get people busting your [possibly nonexistent] balls it doesn't mean this forum isn't sexist, it means it's full of bland fuckfaces... that would be a sad day for this forum. That thread was kept open for that very reason.  Vulgar posts are directed at anyone, male or female, vapid enough to post such a thread... they should be.

How often do you parade around the forum advertising your hairy nutsack? How do I know you're not female? I don't. If you go out of your way to let everyone know you're packing a crotchfull of white hot pussy for the sake of letting everyone know you're packing a crotchfull of white hot pussy - that makes you an attention whore and a tired internet cliche.  You don't see Snider making "I'm so piss drunk I can't stand" topics every afternoon (even though there's isn't a person on this forum who doesn't know he is,) and if he did it would be appropriate for the posts in that thread to bust his balls about being so drunk on a daily basis before 11AM.  If you spend your time on a forum pulling your digital pants down and sticking your ass in the faces of other members because you want so badly for them to notice what's going on down there people should point that fact that you're an idiot, that's called calling a spade a spade. 

And the fact that you tracked down a female moderator on Gamespot and showed her that thread seems wicked friggin weird man, that's odd behavior.... As odd as what goes on in these forums being a "hot topic" over anywhere is pathetic. "

"Tracked down", she's a member of this site, she simply chooses not to visit or post on the forums for the reasons I mention clearly above.  

"odd behaviour" - coming from you, lol.  

For your information there were many female members on this site when it started, but that's dwindling fast, at almost comical pace. I'm doing my utmost to keep the few that remain still here, despite what's obvious to them.   

How many times have you edited that post... 
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Linkyshinks

The female rebellion you fool. Man the watch towers, call the guards, we need to fight them back into the kitchen!    
 - Giant Bomb Moderator

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Hamz

Linkyshinks you're slowly crossing a line from trying to state a point that we have told you we understand to becoming somewhat passive aggressive over this.

I've said it a few times now, and I'll say it again, the site welcomes people of all nationalities, ethnicities, religions and gender as well as sexual preference. We are not and never have been in the habit of discrimination.

ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Hamz said:
" Linkyshinks you're slowly crossing a line from trying to state a point that we have told you we understand to becoming somewhat passive aggressive over this.  I've said it a few times now, and I'll say it again, the site welcomes people of all nationalities, ethnicities, religions and gender as well as sexual preference. We are not and never have been in the habit of discrimination. "
You can say that all you want but the truth of the matter is that it's all Bull shit. You just hide behind  your Equal Opportunity for all spiel but actually don't follow it. I would like to see a list of who is being nominated for Moderator.... and then we can see if any discrimination is really going on. And Fuck why not let the people on this site nominate people and then have the people nominated do a try out of sorts.

Wait i forgot no one will listen to my suggestions because NO ONE gives a FUCK!!!!!!!

-Did that get my point across???
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#178  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

There seems to be a lot of tension in this thread, so I'll just say that yeah, maybe one or two more moderators would be a plus.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to run away before this thread detonates. >.>;;;

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I can see the benefit of having one or two more forum mods.  

I nominate governmentcheese, he is 49 you know. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Linkyshinks

There's nothing passive about my reply, I'm being perfectly blunt on how I feel about the moderation here, and I am fully entitled to as any member of this forum is, given the language I use. I have read the cut and paste replies from yourself, and they do absolutely nothing to encourage me that things will improve for female members on this forum.  

Why don't you tell everyone who's quote this is Hamz.:

The female rebellion you fool. Man the watch towers, call the guards, we need to fight them back into the kitchen!    

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#181  Edited By FrankCanada97
@AnimZero said:
" There seems to be a lot of tension in this thread, so I'll just say that yeah, maybe one or two more moderators would be a plus.  Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to run away before this thread detonates. >.>;;; "
Tension can only lead to positive dialogue, so that makes it a good thing!
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#182  Edited By Fallen189

This thread
 This thread
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Black_Rose

Oh man, this thread became a flame thread so fast I didn't even notice.

And @ValkyrieGoddess: I refuse to believe that in all your time here you think being a woman is the reason you're not a mod

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Karmum

Count the amount of active female members on this website. Widdle that down to the ones that contribute on a day-to-day basis. You don't get many, do you? Welcome to the fact that this is a video game website, largely dominated by young males. Congratulations, you have found out forums are full of sexism, and male testosterone. You're surprised about topics about semi-naked women? 

Incredibly shocking. That's just my two cents, feel free to rip (or attempt) into it. By means, you all aren't the aggressive ones in this discussion, at all.

ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Black_Rose said:

" Oh man, this thread became a flame thread so fast I didn't even notice.

And @ValkyrieGoddess: I refuse to believe that in all your time here you think being a woman is the reason you're not a mod "

No that is not the main reason but it is a contributing factor and i find that disheartening. And like i clearly stated above in another post to this thread that i don't really care if i am a Mod they could just as well choose JackJinx, Shazam, Virago, Erinfizz, or even Coffesash. All of us contributed to the growth of Giant Bomb so shouldn't we all be given a fair shot at being a Mod???
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By DanielJW
@ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Black_Rose said:
" Oh man, this thread became a flame thread so fast I didn't even notice.

And @ValkyrieGoddess: I refuse to believe that in all your time here you think being a woman is the reason you're not a mod "
No that is not the main reason but it is a contributing factor and i find that disheartening. And like i clearly stated above in another post to this thread that i don't really care if i am a Mod they could just as well choose JackJinx, Shazam, Virago, Erinfizz, or even Coffesash. All of us contributed to the growth of Giant Bomb. "
A lot of people contribute to the growth of Giant Bomb. Not all of them can be moderators.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By CL60

This topic is getting out of hand.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Black_Rose
@ValkyrieGoddess: Yeah you did, but you seem to forget the fact that most of them aren't even active anymore except for Jacki maybe.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By kmdrkul
@Caddy said:
" @kmdrkul said:
"The fact of the matter is thanks to the lifeless, soulless mods from Gamespot, their forums are sterile, civil, and easy to post in.   "
Hey!  I resent that! I have a life, and some soul to go on top. "
No you don't.  What you said was simply a lie :P
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
@Black_Rose said:
" @ValkyrieGoddess: Yeah you did, but you seem to forget the fact that most of them aren't even active anymore except for Jacki maybe. "
Actually Erin is on quite regularly and Shazam has come back.... but the rest of them have it seems been scared off.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Karmum
@ValkyrieGoddess said:
" @Black_Rose said:
" @ValkyrieGoddess: Yeah you did, but you seem to forget the fact that most of them aren't even active anymore except for Jacki maybe. "
Actually Erin is on quite regularly and Shazam has come back.... but the rest of them have it seems been scared off. "
Heads Up: There is also a lot of male users who show characteristics (i.e. actual activity) that deserve to be moderators, but aren't crying about it. Four or five female users (a few of which are hardly active), isn't really showing much. You don't see them posting that much, and banding them together into one thread doesn't work that well either. Do I think there could eventually be female moderators? Yeah, why not. I don't think you realize that the chances of the minute female user base having a moderator is extremely slim.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#192  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

So, wait, how did this turn into a topic regarding gender and equal opportunity?

Let me just throw my two cents in here. If 5% of the population on GB is female and the rest are male, wouldn't there, then, be a 95% chance that a chosen moderator would be male? If, in a perfect world, the population on this site were a fifty-fifty split between genders, there probably would end up being a roughly equivalent number of both male and female moderators.

I would think that the staff and moderating team here would be more mature than to choose based primarily, or even secondarily, on gender. The kitchen quote was surely a joke, as it's a common one on the internet.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#193  Edited By dethfish

Do you think the mods would choose someone based on gender? I'm sure if they do pick another mod it will be based on how they act on the forums, not whether they're male or female. Would you rather they picked someone for the position just because they're female? That seems just as bad. Basically what I'm saying is gender shouldn't even be taken into consideration when picking a mod.

Maybe the mods should start deleting more sexist posts if it's driving away female members? I've seen some be deleted but maybe they should be more strict about it.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Black_Rose
@ValkyrieGoddess: Scared off? really? Jacki and Virago are still regulars on the male infested IRC and they both are among the coolest people I've met on the site. Still, that isn't enough to be a mod, and I can give you reasons why you and them are not qualified to be one. Like i said in my previous post, it's not a matter of gender, I can't think about anyone right now qualified to be a mod. Probably the closest would be Brukaoru, a female, sadly she seems to have left the site.
SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By SpecTackle

Oh are we playing pretend in this thread?

Well for that matter I'm fucking offended just like the rest of you. Girl power.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#196  Edited By breadfan

This thread turned bad quickly

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By CL60

i think everybody just needs to cool down.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Hamz
@ValkyrieGoddess said:

"You can say that all you want but the truth of the matter is that it's all Bull shit. You just hide behind  your Equal Opportunity for all spiel but actually don't follow it. I would like to see a list of who is being nominated for Moderator.... and then we can see if any discrimination is really going on. And Fuck why not let the people on this site nominate people and then have the people nominated do a try out of sorts.  Wait i forgot no one will listen to my suggestions because NO ONE gives a FUCK!!!!!!!   -Did that get my point across??? "

• A list of who is being nominated as possible moderator candidates does not exist. Because there is no discussion or dialogue taking place at the present moment to bring on any new moderators. The discussion we are having currently that MB referred to previously in this topic is not in regards to bringing on any new moderators. So no list of names exists for me to present to you.
  • If a list did exist it still would not be made public knowledge. This is not a democracy where records are publicly revealed, this is a privately owned and run website. Discussion regarding any new moderators is for the Staff and existing roster of moderators to see and only them. It has always been like this and likely always will be like this. I'm sorry to disappoint anyone but we've never operated under a freedom of information act. And likely never will. As is the standard for most websites.
  • Any new moderators brought onto the site are selected based on the Staff's feelings. They make the final decision, the current roster of moderators simply help in the process but any and all final decisions are made by the Staff. We moderators simply discuss with the Staff our opinions, feelings and so forth on individual candidates. The Staff make the final decision.
  • I said it earlier but we have considered female users as possible moderators and they most certainly did not get rejected just because they were female. They would have been rejected for numerous reasons, the biggest being that another proposed user made a stronger candidate to choose than the other(s).
  • I fail to see how, or where, you are getting the impression we somehow are discriminating against female users on the site. We have twelve moderators on Giant Bomb, yes all of them are male, but that is not because we discriminate against female users. That is because the pool of users we feel may make good moderators tends to have more male users than female in it. And this is because a larger ratio of users on this site are male, not female. Simply put, there is more guys on the site than girls. For every single female user you can name, I can likely name ten or more male users. See my point?
  • I also would question how you feel a response like that makes you worth considering for a moderator position as well. Behaviour like that is not something we look for in possible candidates, so well played in trying to help your cause!

@Linkyshinks said:

" There's nothing passive about my reply, I'm being perfectly blunt on how I feel about the moderation here, and I am fully entitled to as any member of this forum is, given the language I use. I have read the cut and paste replies from yourself, and they do absolutely nothing to encourage me that things will improve for female members on this forum.  

Why don't you tell everyone who's quote this is Hamz.:

The female rebellion you fool. Man the watch towers, call the guards, we need to fight them back into the kitchen!        ..... "

It isn't what you say, it is how you say it that is the concern. I understand the point you're trying to make, I am simply reminding you my patience and leniency has limits. There is only so far I'll accept someone becoming increasingly more aggressive before I'll remind them to calm down. This is the internet, lets not get too worked up about what goes on around it.

We cannot moderate what we do not see. And we moderate at our own discretion. This is not a site that has ever intended to be strict with the way we monitor and run the community here and it likely never will be. The Staff have made it perfectly clear to us (the mods) they don't wish to see this site become as restrictive as other sites have become over the years. It is their website and we simply enforce the will of the Staff where needed.

I feel there is a severe lack of understanding here that if no one reports things to us, how do you expect us to fix the problems? The recent topic regarding a female user willing to provide semi nude photos of herself turned into a frat boy party and I don't disagree with it. But what else do you expect when you go onto the internet and into a community made up of largely horny teenage boys and say you'll be posting some revealing photos to the site for them? It's like coating yourself in blood and jumping into shark infested water, expect to be bitten.

However I do agree that being obnoxiously sexist in a mean spirited way is wrong. But again if no one contacts us, we can't deal with it.

As for your quote, why don't you tell me? Because frankly I have no clue, if it was me who has said it somewhere on the boards then I apologise. However I would imagine the humour, sarcasm etc in it was obvious.

=================================================

To everyone else. Do not force me to lock this down because we can't stay civil. I've left this open, as have the other mods, so we can get some feedback and open dialogue with people on matters. So let us all stay civil and polite, if we can't talk to one another in a mature and civil manner then we'll just lock this and consider locking future topics like it.
calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#199  Edited By calidan777

I vote for me, cuz im awesome.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By DanielJW
@calidan777 said:
" I vote for me, cuz im awesome. "
That was really funny to read, especially after Hamz's big, well thought out post.