:(

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm not very fond of the Tories but I'll like to see what Cameron will do as Prime Minister instead of Brown.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Daryl

THATCHER'S CHILDREN

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Djeffers03

Good good, I'm not gonna gloat about the tories but I reckon David Cameron will be a pretty good leader as would nick clegg.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentofChaos

I'm not from the UK so forgive my lack of knowlege, but didn't he quit to try and forge some kind of alliance with the Labour Party and the Liberal Dems?

@Daryl said:

" THATCHER'S CHILDREN "

*shakes fist*
Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@AgentofChaos said:
" I'm not from the UK so forgive my lack of knowlege, but didn't he quit to try and forge some kind of alliance with the Labour Party and the Liberal Dems?

Yes exactly, and it's highly likely that a LibDem/Labour alliance will happen.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, this is all about not getting enough votes? Why didn't he grind for votes in the Scottish moors? That's where all those metal slimes appear!

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@Agent47CSim2: Uh, sarcasm? Lack of observance?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AgentofChaos said:

" I'm not from the UK so forgive my lack of knowlege, but didn't he quit to try and forge some kind of alliance with the Labour Party and the Liberal Dems?

Yes exactly.
Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Valco

Fair play to the guy, he did have a pretty respectable resignation speech
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By OmegaPirate

Leapt before he was pushed tbh

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By xMP44x

It looks like Brown left, to avoid being forced out. Quite a strange move. Owing to the fact I haven't paid any attention to this at all, I don't know why people seem to dislike Cameron. But if he turns out to be like a dictator, then I shall see why. Otherwise... we shall have to find out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TomWhitbrook said:
" @Agent47CSim2: Uh, sarcasm? Lack of observance? "
Sorry, said the wrong thing. I have edited my post to take that out.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By thatfrood

This isn't true, it seems. He's sticking around.

ezekielzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By ezekielzero

Oh well there goes my hopes for university if the tories get in, i cant afford uncapped fees.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Agent47CSim2 said:
" @AgentofChaos said:

Yes exactly, and it's highly likely that a LibDem/Labour alliance will happen. "
No, it's impossible that a Lib/Lab coalition will happen. Yesterday it was looking good. But today the discussions colapsed, Brown resigned as prime minister and leader of the labour party effective immediately. Discussions with the Lib Dems & Conservatives have been finalized and Cameron is currently in Buckingham Palace talking to the queen, and is about to become Prime Minister. So yeah, a lot has changed in a few hours. 
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZeroCast
@ThatFrood said:

" This isn't true, it seems. He's sticking around. "

What? 
He officially tendered his resignation to the Queen, what are you on about?
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thatfrood
@ZeroCast said:
" @ThatFrood said:

" This isn't true, it seems. He's sticking around. "

What?  He officially tendered his resignation to the Queen, what are you on about? "
Yeah, I misread something I just read. My fault!
Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shinri

Damn. Conservatives got in... bad news. Looks like Britain's about to get real ugly (imo, thoroughly opposed to the Conservatives).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MattyFTM said:
" @Agent47CSim2 said:
" @AgentofChaos said:

Yes exactly, and it's highly likely that a LibDem/Labour alliance will happen. "
No, it's impossible that a Lib/Lab coalition will happen. Yesterday it was looking good. But today the discussions colapsed, Brown resigned as prime minister and leader of the labour party effective immediately. Discussions with the Lib Dems & Conservatives have been finalized and Cameron is currently in Buckingham Palace talking to the queen, and is about to become Prime Minister. So yeah, a lot has changed in a few hours.  "
Has my edit not worked? because I removed that part of the reply because it was wrong about 10 mins ago.
StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StrikeALight
@MattyFTM said:
" @Agent47CSim2 said:
" @AgentofChaos said:

No, it's impossible that a Lib/Lab coalition will happen. Yesterday it was looking good. But today the discussions colapsed, Brown resigned as prime minister and leader of the labour party effective immediately. Discussions with the Lib Dems & Conservatives have been finalized and Cameron is currently in Buckingham Palace talking to the queen, and is about to become Prime Minister. So yeah, a lot has changed in a few hours.  "
Yep. 

Duder, its over.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Shinri said:
" Damn. Conservatives got in... bad news. Looks like Britain's about to get real ugly (imo, thoroughly opposed to the Conservatives). "
It's not that bad. I hate the Tories too, but they haven't got a majority so they won't be able to just throw out laws to screw over the workers without anyone being able to do anything about it. They've already caved in on some of their pledges to get the agreement of the Lib Dems (e.g. their inheritance tax break for the richest people will no longer be happening). So, as much as I'd rather have a labour government, it's not as bad as it could have been. A Tory majority would have been a disaster.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By damswedon

Do we know who are in the Cabinet yet?

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JoeMarsden

I'm pretty sure 'ragequit' isn't one word.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Fallen189

I for one, welcome our new robotic overlord.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jmrwacko
@Daryl said:

" THATCHER'S CHILDREN "

You're all going to become the British equivalent of Bushies. Have fun.

Then again, I probably shouldn't be saying that, considering how Tony Blair always sucked Bush's left nut.
yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By yani

Doesn't really matter what happens.  Whatever government comes out of this wont last and I reckon we'll be back at the polls within 18 months.  The Torries and Lib Dems are just too different when it comes to issues like europe and the economy.  Lib dems have far more in common with Labour so the coalition is bound to fall apart.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Scooper

Cameron is now the new British Primeminister. Oh well. It was better thern having the ballbag Brown for another several years. Oh why didn't more people get out and vote Lib Dems ;(.

wilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wilsham

I was watching the Channel 4 news when it happened. They were taken by surprise - they had completely ruled out the chances of this very thing happening earlier in the show.  

John Prescott was there being interviewed and John Snow was commenting on this historic moment as Brown drove down to Buckingham palace to resign as the leader of the country and the labour party, Snow was trying to amp up the gravitas of the situation however he could as the helicopter fed through images of the top of the cars and Prescott kept cutting in with his normal charming comments, Old Labour through and through, shouting about the Tories and the Liberals and swearing, "by God!" to Oppose them whatever they come up with-  it was awesome, complete lack of appreciation for the occasion  - gotta love Prescott.  

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TomWhitbrook

If full coalition comes off, I want it on record that as a life long liberal I never thought I'd see a day like today.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jimbo

Ha, Lib Dem voters just got Judas Clegged big time.  Nice.  If I had voted Lib Dem to keep the Tories out, I would pretty much rage the world in half right now.

Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By Ninja

Margaret Thatcher saved the country alot of money and so wiull David Cameron. Sorry that nobody like Thatcher but she did was was necessary for the UK.

I'm Scottish by the way, you don't hear scots talk up Maggie much.

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@Ninja said:
" Margaret Thatcher saved the country alot of money and so wiull David Cameron. Sorry that nobody like Thatcher but she did was was necessary for the UK.  I'm Scottish by the way, you don't hear scots talk up Maggie much. "
Two events I never thought would happen in one day!
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MarkWahlberg
@jmrwacko said:
" @Daryl said:

" THATCHER'S CHILDREN "

You're all going to become the British equivalent of Bushies. Have fun.  Then again, I probably shouldn't be saying that, considering how Tony Blair always sucked Bush's left nut. "
At least Blair was articulate. Those Parliament debates on C-SPAN  got pretty crazy, and he could usually hold his own, something Bush never could have done. Wonder what things would be like if we were a parliament...
Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ninja
@TomWhitbrook said:

" @Ninja said:

" Margaret Thatcher saved the country alot of money and so wiull David Cameron. Sorry that nobody like Thatcher but she did was was necessary for the UK.  I'm Scottish by the way, you don't hear scots talk up Maggie much. "
Two events I never thought would happen in one day! "
How the times are changing. For what it's worth more Scots will hate the tories after this government because as we know alot of my country men love the benefits and there will be alot of belt-tightening by the government.
duckscanjuggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By duckscanjuggle

You guys have any insight into how this will impact your gaming, or British gaming in general? Is there some weird Tory platform about banning all games with zombies in it or something that I don't know about? I'm not saying there aren't larger complaints, but since I haven't been there in a while I don't have a feel for their gaming prowess.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By yani

Thatcher went bat shit crazy in the end but she did the country a huge favour taking on the unions. Look what the unions have done to companies like GM and you begin to understand what she did.
  I just hope that they start to cut spending soon as we need to get the budget under control.  Doesn't mean we have to cut services too deeply as I believe there is a lot of wastage in are government run institutions.  So much money is wasted on middle management and red tape and everything is slowed down.  One simple step to start saving money is making non residents pay for NHS treatment.  If I go to a hospital in France I have to pay, so why don't they have to here?

EOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EOT
And i say, "  And he cried mightilly with a strong voice, saying Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird" ....You blew it for everyone, when you voted blue.     

How long do you think it'll last before the LibDem's turn on either their leader, the tories or both? 

(incidentally, moddy chap, you could have just merged the threads) 
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@EOT said:
"(incidentally, moddy chap, you could have just merged the threads)  "
Unfortunately, I couldn't. We don't have thread merging tools.
thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By thatfrood

oh, really?
this explains so much, actually.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By mjk1

@damswedon said:

" Do we know who are in the Cabinet yet? "
Nope not yet, the Lib Dems are voting for the coalition now. Rumor has it that Clegg might be deputy prime minister

@yani said:

"Doesn't really matter what happens.  Whatever government comes out of this wont last and I reckon we'll be back at the polls within 18 months. 

The deal has a minimum 4 year clause.
Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ninja
@mjk1 said:
 @yani said:

"Doesn't really matter what happens.  Whatever government comes out of this wont last and I reckon we'll be back at the polls within 18 months. 

The deal has a minimum 4 year clause. "
Are they not planning on passing primary legislation for parliament to sit for a fixed four years from now on?
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By mjk1
@Ninja said:

" @mjk1 said:

@yani said:

Are they not planning on passing primary legislation for parliament to sit for a fixed four years from now on? "
yup that will be the case if the Lib Dems accept the deal agreed between party leaders and the Conservatives. It is expected to pass easily.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@mjk1 said:

" @yani said:

I'm sure there will be get-out clauses in that deal that means if they fail to agree on vital legislation, they'll be able to have an election earlier than 4 years. Because otherwise we could end up in a huuuuuuuge mess if the Lib Dems & Conservatives disagree on a really important issue.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@Ninja: Seems like that would be a key condition for the Lib Dems in order to do a deal.
CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CABBAGES

What a load of pish. 
Torys are for the rich and i hate the rich and the torys. 
In the whole of Scotland they got one seat and are now running the country. 
What a load of pish!
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@ashriels: Uh, what are you on about?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By JJWeatherman
@EOT:  
I like your avatar pic. It's from Baldur's Gate right?