• 53 results
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ben99

I got banned from gamespot cuz I commented on how I can't stand the sight of a co-host in a show there and Bang! without warning even though I never got suspended before . It just wasn't fair at all like they never appreciated that I'm an old member . Giantbomb is not a replacement since I'm an old member here too but It would mean I'd spend some more time here
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By roofy

great, another member with a generic avatar updating us on his life on the internet.

at least this meets the one wasted-thread quota for the day

Atlantus_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Atlantus_Air

Good choice, but you should've left Gamespot a long time ago.
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Don't think of it as being exiled. Think of it as coming home.  And who doesn't like coming home?*

Unless you're a douche. In which case, fuck you.   

*People with terrible families excluded.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Getting banned is never that simple. Welcome I guess.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By sixghost

This is fantastic, there's nothing more exciting than getting a member awful enough to get banned from that shithole.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ToxicFruit

welcome m8
@roofy said:

" great, another member with a generic avatar updating us on his life on the internet.  at least this meets the one wasted-thread quota for the day "

wow someone is cranky or not I cant really tell by reading text.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dbz1995
@roofy said:
" great, another member with a generic avatar updating us on his life on the internet.  at least this meets the one wasted-thread quota for the day "
When you say generic avatar, you do realise it's the standard avatar you start off with when you choose sony as an alignment...right?
 And on Giantbomb, when you get banned, unless you are mentally retarded, you should realise why.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Red12b
@Ben99:  

Sup dude,  

You're not officially a duder until you read these threads, 

If you haven't seen all of the content that the staff have created, you can check all of the choice cuts  here

We have a  Community Spotlight thread, as you will come to appreciate, We are a close knit community and it's good to see and promote all the stuff that we create, And that means you too as well, :) 

If you are going to be on the forums at all, Please read the  forum rules and  FAQ

And  here is a thread created by the community Moderators regarding posting Youtube Videos and links. 

GB also has a  Wiki style Database, It's pretty cool, If you have the stones to write some good content, spray that knowledge all over our faces :) 

Also, as you'll read in the  FAQ, we have loose rules, You can bend em' but don't break em' 
So you can fucking say what you fucking like but don't go fucking overboard with it, :) 

Hope you enjoy your Giant Bomb experience :)

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne

Cool, another "I have been banned from Gamespot" thread. Has it been two weeks already?

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ben99

we can say fuck in here ? awesome :)
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Welcome duder. 

Hope you have a long and good stay. Few people are douches here, most are A Ok. Cool bunch of guys.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Synthballs
@Ben99 said:
" we can say fuck in here ? awesome :) "
As long as you don't tell our mothers.
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ben99
@Red12b said:
" @Ben99:  

Sup dude,  

You're not officially a duder until you read these threads, 

If you haven't seen all of the content that the staff have created, you can check all of the choice cuts  here

We have a  Community Spotlight thread, as you will come to appreciate, We are a close knit community and it's good to see and promote all the stuff that we create, And that means you too as well, :) 

If you are going to be on the forums at all, Please read the  forum rules and  FAQ

And  here is a thread created by the community Moderators regarding posting Youtube Videos and links. 

GB also has a  Wiki style Database, It's pretty cool, If you have the stones to write some good content, spray that knowledge all over our faces :) 

Also, as you'll read in the  FAQ, we have loose rules, You can bend em' but don't break em' 
So you can fucking say what you fucking like but don't go fucking overboard with it, :) 

Hope you enjoy your Giant Bomb experience :)

"
I'm a post junkie . Readin them rules now .
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zeforgotten

What, you guys don't have the balls to come here unless you get banned from Gamespot? 
You might as well just fuck off since we're not important enough for your kind unless it's because you get a permanent ban from another site. Fuck you 

Just kidding, welcome to a community where teenagers leave "forever" and come back an hour or two later. 
And people are all loving and helpfu... I couldn't write that last part with a straight face, sorry :P

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Wildfire570

Well getting exiled here is the best place to get exiled to! Welcome to the community, don't be an idiot and you'll be fine.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RandomHero666
@roofy said:
That generic avatar is the one you start with, also im sure nobody cares what you have to say.. most of all new members.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By TheHBK
@RandomHero666 said:
" @roofy said:
That generic avatar is the one you start with, also im sure nobody cares what you have to say.. most of all new members. "
don't mind roofy.  He should have chosen the name Rookie instead.  Otherwise he would know that.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Willy105

Don't say exiled.

Say upgraded.

I was also banned from there (even though they later wanted me back, and reinstated me), but I was here while also going to Gamespot. 

Yes, Giantbomb is the better place.

@Atomasist said:

" Why would you come here if you get banned from gameshit? Why not go to ign if you like that type of site. "

IGN has a non-existant community system.
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By roofy
@dbz1995 said:
" @roofy said:
When you say generic avatar, you do realise it's the standard avatar you start off with when you choose sony as an alignment...right?  And on Giantbomb, when you get banned, unless you are mentally retarded, you should realise why. "
and thats why its generic... you know what that means right?

im just tired of seeing these threads pop up every day.
 maybe we should just make a template for them to smooth the process

hi im (Username here) and i was just banned from (other forum/website) for (excuse/no apparent reason)
i really want to start off here at giantbomb on a good note. fuck (other forum/website), Giantbomb is where its at!
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By handlas
@Br3adfan said:

" Getting banned is never that simple. Welcome I guess. "

oh yes...it certainly can be on some websites.  Gamespot included.  I got banned there a long time ago.  Got banned from a MMA (fighting) forum for liking a fighter that wasn't popular amongst other people on the forum.  Luckily, it's the internet...so there's always somewhere else to go (and most of the time you find a better place)
i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By i69edUrGpa

Hello...

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By trophyhunter
@roofy said:
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25  Edited By natetodamax

Greetings. I am natetodamax and I run these forums, so play nice. 

Not really.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By handlas

and welcome sir, sorry for the couple of jackasses that have already insulted you.  It doesn't represent most people here.  They think it makes them look cool to insult new comers, at least that is how I understand it.  Even tho this thread is probably you just venting about how shitty Gamespot forums are. 

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@MarkWahlberg said:

"Don't think of it as being exiled. Think of it as coming home.   
And who doesn't like coming home?*  
Unless you're a douche. In which case, fuck you.      
*People with terrible families excluded. "

I would've put the asterisk after the 3rd line.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zeforgotten
@natetodamax said:

" Greetings. I am natetodamax and I run these forums, so play nice.  Not really. "

Weren't you one of the people running away from the forums only to come back minutes later?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29  Edited By natetodamax
@ZeForgotten said:

" @natetodamax said:

" Greetings. I am natetodamax and I run these forums, so play nice.  Not really. "

Weren't you one of the people running away from the forums only to come back minutes later? "
It is terribly ironic. 

And it definitely wasn't a few minutes later.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#30  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I found when I was on Gamespot (back before Giant Bomb) there were certain mods in the community which were just plain overly-strict, a shame you were banned but welcome to (what is at least in my opinion) a much better place. Try to pay no attention to the people who have insulted you in this thread so far, don't take that as a representation of how discussion normally is on the forums here. You seem to have already read the rules so you're doing a lot better than most of the newbies here and I hope you have an awesome time on Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do we need a whole thread about you becoming a member? 
Anyway, welcome to the site, and if you are not a troll/fanboy/dickyoushould be all right.
evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By evildeadron

and if your a civil war re enactor, even better....i here it's pretty popular around these parts
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By frankxiv

i'm commander shepard and this is my favorite thread on the citadel

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bubahula

hey there!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LiquidPrince
@roofy said:
Cheery little sucker aren't you.
Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By guerrilla_mason

I'm with roofy on this one: nothing against the topic creator, but holy crap, we don't need a thread every time someone gets banned and comes over here. We get it, they ban people. Why cares? 

And why say 'exile?' I'm pretty sure I came over here on my own accord, and still visit gamespot.com every now and again. You know, because I haven't been banned.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

:D 

welcome to the future. you need power if you're going to fly that thing 
...wait what?

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@roofy: no need for that dude:)
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#39  Edited By damnboyadvance

Welcome aboard.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iam3green
@Willy105: :O i didn't know that. 

i also got banned from there. image i posted was hyperlinked, i posted a picture and it ended up being a different image of a naked lady. i got banned there but a mod noticed but i still didn't get unbanned.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Willy105
@iam3green said:

" @Willy105: :O i didn't know that.   i also got banned from there. image i posted was hyperlinked, i posted a picture and it ended up being a different image of a naked lady. i got banned there but a mod noticed but i still didn't get unbanned. "

You should have made a mob of people that follow your every whim and beg for your return to system administrators. I was literally asked by Gamespot to come back. So now I'm back, but I don't really know what to do now since I moved here.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iam3green
@Willy105 said:
" @iam3green said:

" @Willy105: :O i didn't know that.   i also got banned from there. image i posted was hyperlinked, i posted a picture and it ended up being a different image of a naked lady. i got banned there but a mod noticed but i still didn't get unbanned. "

You should have made a mob of people that follow your every whim and beg for your return to system administrators. I was literally asked by Gamespot to come back. So now I'm back, but I don't really know what to do now since I moved here. "
u stay here and post stuff and stuff :)
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ben99

wow what's goin' on here ? I just wanted to say hi for a good beginning  saw the first replies , went to work  and then this ?. Sure threads here are crazy.  

@roofy: what's ur problem ? I'm pretty sure my thread didn't take the space of your whole monitor to ask you to post some pointless comments . Or was the point to be against the tide so everyone would notice you "online" ? I freaking hated all those cool-obssessed kids back in GS's OT. Get real , and so will I , cuz it's after all a website where people recreate and not try to make up for their  life's misaries. 
@others: I don't need your sympathy , thank you very much.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By Xeiphyer

Because everyone loves being told they are Plan B.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NathHaw
@Gamer_152 said:
"

there were certain mods in the community which were just plain overly-strict,

"

Subliminal message?
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#46  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I swear I'm the only person on here who has never used Gamespot.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By luce

ugh...ok

Welcome.

I recommend the Hamburger forum.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By EvilTwin
@Ben99: We get a lot of "I just got banned from Gamespot so now I'm seeking refuge on Giantbomb" threads.  Aside from the fact that people get weary of reading the same threads over and over again, seeing that Giantbomb is your "plan B" as Xeiphyer so eloquently put it, is a little...discouraging?  

Regardless, it's hard to reprimand someone who doesn't know any better.  So, instead I'll just ask you to enjoy your stay.  Good day to you.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@creamypies: 
I've read their reviews from time to time but I was never a member of their community. I didn't know who any of the staff were before coming to GiantBomb. 

Anyway, @Ben99: , welcome to GiantBomb. Change your avatar! Have fun and don't take the trolls too seriously. This site is tons better than GameSpot ever was. Don't let the Naked Cartoon Pussy hit you in the face.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CL60
@roofy said:
Go away...my god.. that avatar is the default avatar you start with, boohoo some people don't change it right away before posting. If you're gonna be a dick to new members leave the site...please.

Welcome to GiantBomb by the way, read the forum rules and such. And don't listen to what that roofy guy said.