POLL - Legalization of marijuana? Opinions?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By Claude
@natetodamax said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" Legalise but have control over it. "
Impossible "
Although it's legal in Amsterdam they still have control over it to some extent. Sure, people are breaking them but the police do a good job of enforcing it. It's either that or just legalise it for medical use. "
Marijuana is the number one illegal drug used in the US. If it was legalized, millions of people everywhere would begin growing it in their backyard. It would be impossible to control. "

My backyard.
 My backyard.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By eroticfishcake
@natetodamax: Well the Dutch has had marijuana use embedded in their culture for hundreds of years so they're used to it. Such a system wouldn't work in America though, let alone most countries.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By breadfan
@natetodamax said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" Legalise but have control over it. "
Impossible "
Although it's legal in Amsterdam they still have control over it to some extent. Sure, people are breaking them but the police do a good job of enforcing it. It's either that or just legalise it for medical use. "
Marijuana is the number one illegal drug used in the US. If it was legalized, millions of people everywhere would begin growing it in their backyard. It would be impossible to control. "
That's a pretty large leap to take from legalization to mass self production. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By natetodamax
@Elazul said:
" @natetodamax:  By that logic Alcohol, Tobacco, Solvents, Aerosols and hell, ANYTHING that causes air pollution should also be illegal. "
Alcohol and tobacco aren't illegal because the companies make an obscene amount of cash
Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Elazul
@natetodamax: And you think that's a just reason for them to be legal? If Marajuana was a billion dollar multinational industry, would that make you okay with it?
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@natetodamax said:
" @Elazul said:
" @natetodamax:  By that logic Alcohol, Tobacco, Solvents, Aerosols and hell, ANYTHING that causes air pollution should also be illegal. "
Alcohol and tobacco aren't illegal because the companies make an obscene amount of cash "
Alcohol was illegal once. There was some pretty rampant organized crime surges as a result which played a large part in the repeal of the amendment.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Scooper

You can drink beer and smoke tobacco so you should be able to smoke home-grown weed, too. It should be illegal to sell it, though.

walls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By walls

I think it should just be decriminalized

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By BrockSampson
@Karmum said:
" @BrockSampson said:

" Absolutely legal. It is not right to live in a "free country" where the government can tell you what you can or can not put into your own body. "

Even if the substances you put in your body are dangerous and can affect others? (I don't consider marijuana dangerous, just a generalization)  Personally, I think it should be legal. I don't, and still wouldn't do marijuana if it was legal, but let everyone else have their fun. "
Absolutely, In a country whose president is supposed to be "the leader of the free world". Freedom is a higher ideal then safety. One should never be traded for another.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By AlexB

Legalize it. 

It's been proven to have many outstanding medical uses and is a lot less harmful than alcohol. Not to mention we are the only country on earth that does not utilize hemp resources. It would be a billion dollar industry, so I don't see why we have to keep putting on this charade like it's the devil. Tax it, regulate it, etc. the least it will do is stimulate the economy.  Also...

No one ever died from weed...

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#61  Edited By wefwefasdf
@natetodamax said:

" @Dr_Feelgood38 said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" Considering everything else that is legal... it should be. I personally wouldn't smoke it but if someone wants to smoke some safely than I honestly don't care. "
I wasn't aware you could smoke marijuana safely. "
When I say safely, I mean, not driving afterwords or anything that could cause harm to others. "
So destroying brain cells is smoking safely? "
I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about. I think you might have marijuana mixed up with alcohol. "
That's entirely possible. "
Does smoking have any positive affects? Is it legal? There are a lot of things that people do/eat/drink/smoke that hurt themselves but many of them are legal. Why should certain drugs be singled out?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By ryanwho

On the other hand, if its legal, more teens will rebel by turning to a substance that actually dangerous. So maybe it should stay illegal so highschool rebels can feel hardcore without actually putting themselves in danger.

Monty344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Monty344

I personally don't smoke but hey why not. Just don't smoke and operate machinery, like farm equipment.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MrAwsum

Illegal, I know people who's lives have messed up due to Marijuana, and if people can get it at easy as cigarettes... then I can imagine everything stumbling downhill very quickly 

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be legal, like cigarettes are, 18+ / 21+ but legal

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By phlegms

Legalise it for sure.
People do way worse stuff when drunk then they do high.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By Phished0ne
@MrAwsum:  I know people who have ruined their lives because of cough medicine....should robotussin be made illegal?

@natetodamax: Pot Is hard to grow, a lot harder then a patch of begonias, believe me i know people who have tried.  Not all places are  able to grow it, and strictly regulating timed lights and grow chemicals is to big a task for most people to grow.  I dont think that it would be an issue, not to mention the countless amounts of people that make their own brandy or wine, or hell, brew their own beer. 

With that being said, pot should be legal, a plant that has never directly killed anyone should be allowed to be used by anyone of a reasonable age *18 or older/ 21 or older*  especially in a country where alcohol kills countless amounts of people weekly.

to the people who were making comments about "smoking safely"..there is no way to smoke safely, but there is vaporization..which is AWESOMEE
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By natetodamax
@Elazul: That's why I'm against it. I don't want to see it become a multibillion dollar industry.
@Dr_Feelgood38: That was in the '30s and 40s
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RetroIce4

Legalize it. Alcohol is worse anyway.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By AlexB
@MrAwsum said:
" Illegal, I know people who's lives have messed up due to Marijuana, and if people can get it at easy as cigarettes... then I can imagine everything stumbling downhill very quickly  "
Many peoples lives have been messed up and ended due to Alcohol, and yet that is legal. It is the users choice to let a drug run there lives, you shouldn't punish all the rest by the people that can't use it responsibly. 

Nothing chemically inside of Marijuana makes you DO anything. It is all your choices.
MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MrAwsum
@AlexB said:

" @MrAwsum said:

" Illegal, I know people who's lives have messed up due to Marijuana, and if people can get it at easy as cigarettes... then I can imagine everything stumbling downhill very quickly  "
Many peoples lives have been messed up and ended due to Alcohol, and yet that is legal. It is the users choice to let a drug run there lives, you shouldn't punish all the rest by the people that can't use it responsibly. 

Nothing chemically inside of Marijuana makes you DO anything. It is all your choices. "
It may be your choice, but personally I think that it should stay illegal, at least this way it makes it harder to buy, and encourages people to not smoke it publicly, which ofcourse they have tried to do with tobacco.   

EDIT: In the UK at least.
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Phished0ne
@MrAwsum:  not true, putting it in convinence stores where id's would need to be checked would get rid of the black market, making it harder for underage people to buy
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@natetodamax said:
"@Dr_Feelgood38: That was in the '30s and 40s "
I don't really see how that changes anything. Are you saying that if alcohol was made illegal today that the world wouldn't go to hell? I'm pretty sure people would get pissed and crime rates would skyrocket.
MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MrAwsum

@Phished0ne: I'm pretty sure it wouldn't get rid of the black market, Adults would buy it, and then sell it on to kids for alot more, which wouldn't stop anything.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Phished0ne
@MrAwsum: just like people do with alcohol, which i think we all can agree is more dangerous 
MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MrAwsum
@Phished0ne: CAN be more dangerous, depending on how much you drink/smoke.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AlexB
@MrAwsum: Not true at all. Right now I could go outside make one phone call and have some weed in  maybe 20 min. If I tried to get someone to buy alcohol it just wouldn't work because the laws are so well enforced. 

If marijuana were legalized it would receive the same treatment as alcohol. They would require people to have a license to grow it and you would have to be of a certain age (18/21) to buy it. If it were legalized it would be much harder to get than it is now. Not to mention that because of it being sold in stores would probably eliminate a drug dealers need to supply it. It just wouldn't be economically viable for him to do that, since you could just get it in the stores. And since they wouldn't sell it, the only place to get it would be the stores, which in turn would make it just as hard to get as alcohol. All of what you are saying is just ignorance brought on by the media's false propaganda.
fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By fresh2deafbill

legal. especially here in CA. we are in a shit hole right now and the legalization of marijuana would help tremendously

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Phished0ne
@MrAwsum:   Alcohol ruins families, i am not denying that pot COULD but that is because the person smoking is an addict,   and when you make laws, you cannot punish the many (people who smoke) because of the few (possible addicts) it dosen't make sence. like i said before, if a person has the addict gene, they can become addicted to cough syrup.  The problem here isnt pot OR alcohol, its people who refuse to get themselves help
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#80  Edited By Griddler

Legal

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Expletive

Legal.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AlexB
@Phished0ne: You CAN NOT be addicted to Marijuana, it is NOT a habit forming drug.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By FrankCanada97

Legal, but regulated by government.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By fresh2deafbill
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Legal, but regulated by government. "
of course. that goes without saying
masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By masternater27

Less government, more happiness

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MrAwsum
@AlexB: Ignorance?, Media's Propaganda?... What have I said yet that isn't true? 

@Phished0ne:  I'm talking about smoking it in public, smoking it behind doors is people own business. I think smoking weed in public could actually be offensive to some people. 
And as far as the law in concerned, it's to protect the public, and society from any dangers. that means every single person, regardless of addiction or not, the law is just there to stop people from obtaining it so easy. 
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Phished0ne
@AlexB:  NO do some research pls, listen to a doctor like Dr Drew, who says the vast majority of  his  patents are addicted to pot(an that pot causes a withrawl depression so bad that   like 30 percent of people COMMIT SUICIDE) , if  you have the addict gene, you CAN get addicted to pot just like anything else. "Pot Not Addictive" is a beautiful gem the dirty side of the pro-pot movement have started to try and gain ground.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@AlexB said:
" @Phished0ne: You CAN NOT be addicted to Marijuana, it is NOT a habit forming drug. "
Well, you can, but the cases are so rare and insignificant (in fact, it's less addictive than caffeine) that I don't think anyone would have to worry.
MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MrAwsum

@AlexB:  And if it's not addictive, why smoke it when you know it's harmful?

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Phished0ne
@MrAwsum:  I dont understand your point, we arent talking about smoking in public, because in a city where pot is legal(amsterdam) you cant even legally smoke outdoors, you have to do it in a "coffee shop"  Also, people smoke the same reason people drink, to have fun and be social. Just like Beer or liquor hurts your body, people still have to weigh the pros and cons and decide for themselves.
DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DRE7777

FACT: Cannibus (mostly hemp which cant get you high) was used to make more products in the 1800's than any other crop but was eventually banned in attempts to completely outlaw cannibus.

FACT: There has never been a reported Marijuana related death 

FACT: Studies done in the mid 1900's to prove that Marijuana killed brain cells were preformed on monkeys by forcing them to breath in 32 ounces of Marijuana over 5-10 minutes, therefore causing suffocation (which kills brain cells) the monkeys leading to the "Proof" that Marijuana killed brain cells. 

FACT: There aren't any substances in Marijuana that have been proven to be addictive.  

FACT: Marijuana arrests cost the tax payers 12 billion dollars anually.

FACT: There are more arrests anually for Marijuana abuse than that of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, and manufactured drugs combined. 

Just a little look into the rediculousness of marijuana being illegall.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MrAwsum
@Phished0ne: I think you'll find a coffee shop is public. 
and now ( In the UK ) they've banned smoking of tobacco in public places. So maybe if they did legalise it that would be an Idea?
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AlexB
@Phished0ne: This is a common misconception about pot. Nothing chemically in pot is addicting. You can REALLY REALLY like pot and THINK you need it. But nothing CHEMICALLY is addicting in pot. BTW Dr. Drew is NOT a credible resource. I could use the same logic. Look at  Doug Benson. He smokes pot on a daily basis and then went off for 30 days. He showed no signs of withdrawl or "suicide" symptons because THEY DO NOT EXIST. Dr. Drew is just a TV doctor who's PHD is in bullshit. 

@MrAwsum:  You said, "at least this way it makes it harder to buy." On the contrary our system now makes it extremely easy to obtain, and without government regulation the problem will continue. 
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@MrAwsum said:
"  @AlexB:  And if it's not addictive, why smoke it when you know it's harmful? "
It's not exactly a harmful substance. The paper you roll it in can be considered more harmful. If anyone is worried about that, they could always buy a vaporizer.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By AlexB
@DRE7777 said:
"

FACT: Cannibus (mostly hemp which cant get you high) was used to make more products in the 1800's than any other crop but was eventually banned in attempts to completely outlaw cannibus.

FACT: There has never been a reported Marijuana related death 

FACT: Studies done in the mid 1900's to prove that Marijuana killed brain cells were preformed on monkeys by forcing them to breath in 32 ounces of Marijuana over 5-10 minutes, therefore causing suffocation (which kills brain cells) the monkeys leading to the "Proof" that Marijuana killed brain cells. 

FACT: There aren't any substances in Marijuana that have been proven to be addictive.  

FACT: Marijuana arrests cost the tax payers 12 billion dollars anually.

FACT: There are more arrests anually for Marijuana abuse than that of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines, and manufactured drugs combined. 

Just a little look into the rediculousness of marijuana being illegall.

"
Thank You
Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#96  Edited By Elazul
@natetodamax: That's fair enough, but what I'm saying is unless you also think that Alcohol and Tobacco should be illegal, your point is extremely hypocritical.
JordanSnyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By JordanSnyder

I'm not a fan of any drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products. If tobacco wasn't such a cash crop in our country, I would say to make that illegal too, but it would crush the economy.

I just don't see the appeal of any of them.

MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MrAwsum
@Phished0ne: My point is that if people want to smoke, they shouldn't have to force other people to watch/smell them. Therefore, making it illegal to smoke weed in public? 
Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Phished0ne
@AlexB:  You sir are a Sea-word , Dr drew is a practicing Doctor who specializes in addiction, he went to a REAL college, went through a REAL internship and STILL PRACTICES medicine even though he does tv  and radio shows.  

yep, looks like hes a bullshit doctor 
MrAwsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MrAwsum
@AlexB: So your telling me it would be easier for you to make a phone call and "Get it in 20 mins" then just walk to your coner shop and buy it over the counter?