Anyone have plans for St Patricks day?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I plan on getting drunk on shitty domestic draft that has been dyed green.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Commando

We celebrated it last saturday since spring break for us is next week. The local bar was having 1 cent green beer, and $1 jello shots, and $2 irish cream liquor. I got completely trashed. 

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

If the ladies are in full flight, I'll be stunning them with my fly gear and swagger.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I was just thinking about making a thread about the best day of the year, but it you beat me to it. Anyway, my plans:

Step 1. Drink Guinness
Step 2. Repeat step 1 until very very very very very very drunk.

Yep, those are my plans. I love St. Paddys day. Last year I was in the pub from about 12 in the afternoon until 1 in the morning. 13 hours drinking Guinness. It was awesome. I love guiness. I'd drink it all the time if it wasn't so damned expensive. This year should be even better. My uncle and 2 of his mates are coming to visit for a couple of days, so it should be awesome. The only problem is that my local pub hasn't decided on any plans for cheap guiness yet, but no worries, we can allways go into the town if they're too expensive.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By RandomHero666
MattyFTM said:
"I was just thinking about making a thread about the best day of the year, but it you beat me to it. Anyway, my plans:Step 1. Drink GuinnessStep 2. Repeat step 1 until very very very very very very drunk.Yep, those are my plans. I love St. Paddys day. Last year I was in the pub from about 12 in the afternoon until 1 in the morning. 13 hours drinking Guinness. It was awesome. I love guiness. I'd drink it all the time if it wasn't so damned expensive. This year should be even better. My uncle and 2 of his mates are coming to visit for a couple of days, so it should be awesome. The only problem is that my local pub hasn't decided on any plans for cheap guiness yet, but no worries, we can allways go into the town if they're too expensive."
Cool, iv been to the Guinness Brewery, at the end u get a pint and a great view of Dublin.. definitly worth it.

My Favorite bar has a band playing on St Pats night and people wearing green cowboy hats get in free lol, ill be there.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

I fucking hate St Patrick's day, want to know why? I am always working!

Being a barman on St Patrick's day is like E3 for a video gaming journalist. It is the most busy, hectic and chaotic day. Plus everyone drinks guiness which is the worst drink to pour when its in high demand, takes forever to settle.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Hamz said:
"I fucking hate St Patrick's day, want to know why? I am always working!Being a barman on St Patrick's day is like E3 for a video gaming journalist. It is the most busy, hectic and chaotic day. Plus everyone drinks guiness which is the worst drink to pour when its in high demand, takes forever to settle."
Fuck 'em. Give them heavy foam.
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shazam

Everyone in Ireland has the day off to get shit-faced at the parade. Which is exactly what I plan to do, speaking of which, has anyone had a "Baby Guinness" shot? It's Tia maria and Baileys but I just call it rocket fuel. Can't wait, Paddy's day is so much fun!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hamz
Shazam said:
"Everyone in Ireland has the day off to get shit-faced at the parade. Which is exactly what I plan to do, speaking of which, has anyone had a "Baby Guinness" shot? It's Tia maria and Baileys but I just call it rocket fuel. Can't wait, Paddy's day is so much fun!"
They do that everyday. Period :P

If you want an awesome St Patrick's day drink I suggest you try some Bailey's + Lime Cordial. Put the lime cordial in your mouth first, don't swallow, then drink the baileys and swish like mouthwash. Swallow and enjoy. Just remember if you feel sick, aim it behind you.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By get2sammyb
Hamz said:
"I fucking hate St Patrick's day, want to know why? I am always working!Being a barman on St Patrick's day is like E3 for a video gaming journalist. It is the most busy, hectic and chaotic day. Plus everyone drinks guiness which is the worst drink to pour when its in high demand, takes forever to settle."
Yeah Guiness pouring is a nightmare. Takes about 2 minutes per pint. Plus you have to do the stop-start thing.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Hamz said:
" Just remember if you feel sick, aim it behind you."
You're not supposed to tell them that it'll make them feel sick. You're supposed to pretend that it's the tastiest thing ever, and when it curdles in their mouth and becomes disgusting and they spit it out you laugh at them (or I suppose the internet equivalent would be to laugh at them when they send you abusive messages about the suggestion).
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By mike

Every year me and about 15 other friends rent out a party bus and get driven around to a bunch of bars in the city all afternoon (and all night).

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RandomHero666
MB said:
"Every year me and about 15 other friends rent out a party bus and get driven around to a bunch of bars in the city all afternoon (and all night)."
Thats sounds brilliant, better that having to wait ages for a taxi home eh.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hamz
MB said:
"Every year me and about 15 other friends rent out a party bus and get driven around to a bunch of bars in the city all afternoon (and all night)."
The budget doesn't stretch for a limo and hookers?....
Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shazam
get2sammyb said:
"Hamz said:
Yeah Guiness pouring is a nightmare. Takes about 2 minutes per pint. Plus you have to do the stop-start thing."

Yet no matter how well you pour it, American Guinness is disgusting. Has anyone found that? I mean, Guinness quality varies enough from pub to pub but from country to country is a global problem.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RandomHero666
Shazam said:
"get2sammyb said:
"Hamz said:
Yeah Guiness pouring is a nightmare. Takes about 2 minutes per pint. Plus you have to do the stop-start thing."
Yet no matter how well you pour it, American Guinness is disgusting. Has anyone found that? I mean, Guinness quality varies enough from pub to pub but from country to country is a global problem."
Makes sense, the closer to home it is, the better it is.
Bad guinness though, i rarely encounter, but sometimes they gat a bad batch.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hamz

The biggest problem with guiness is when its stored somewhere far too cold. It starts to settle as soon as you pour it which is not a good sign.

I'm still at work right now, all this talk of St Patrick's day has me tempted to pour myself a sneaky pint....

MayorMcCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MayorMcCheese

Guess what....
It involves Beer, lots of it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine
RandomHero666 said:
"Anyone have plans for St Patricks day?"
No, I don't drink because I'm under aged.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
No, I don't drink because I'm under aged."
You shouldn't let that stop you. It's a minor technicality.

(Disclaimer: I don't promote under aged drinking, honest...)
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By The_Dude
Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
I'm 19 and I plan on downing the Guinness, but seeing as how all of my roommates are over 21 its easy for me to get it.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RandomHero666
The_Dude said:
"Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
I'm 19 and I plan on downing the Guinness, but seeing as how all of my roommates are over 21 its easy for me to get it."
Lol, unlucky, UK % Ireland can drink at 18!!
Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Otacon

Guinness... lots of Guinness.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead

I can't wait to hear how everyone has some kind of mick blood in them on this one special day.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Dude
RandomHero666 said:
"The_Dude said:
"Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
I'm 19 and I plan on downing the Guinness, but seeing as how all of my roommates are over 21 its easy for me to get it."
Lol, unlucky, UK % Ireland can drink at 18!!"
If I lived with my parents in the Netherlands I could legally drink, but nooo000ooo I have to be stuck in the US.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RandomHero666
HandsomeDead said:
"I can't wait to hear how everyone has some kind of mick blood in them on this one special day."
"Mick".. O_o

oh wait, you mean like alot of Americas Presidents, and the millions of American people related to Irish Immigrants?
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RandomHero666
The_Dude said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"The_Dude said:
"Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
If I lived with my parents in the Netherlands I could legally drink, but nooo000ooo I have to be stuck in the US."
Probably better reasons to live in the Netherlands than to be able to drink, i dont even know what age is legal over there.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
What a coincidence im underage, but im getting shit faced....rules are for sissy men 
Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain_Fookup
The_Dude said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"The_Dude said:
"Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
If I lived with my parents in the Netherlands I could legally drink, but nooo000ooo I have to be stuck in the US."
Get a fake id bro, I had one when I was 16 :D It was a sad day when I turned 19 which is the legal age for drinking in British Columbia.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HandsomeDead
RandomHero666 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I can't wait to hear how everyone has some kind of mick blood in them on this one special day."
"Mick".. O_ooh wait, you mean like alot of Americas Presidents, and the millions of American people related to Irish Immigrants?"
Yeah. Kind of like how i'm part Roman and Viking because England was invaded by them many times over the years. I love celebrating those most tenuous of heritages as an excuse to get wasted.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RandomHero666
HandsomeDead said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Mick".. O_ooh wait, you mean like alot of Americas Presidents, and the millions of American people related to Irish Immigrants?"
Yeah. Kind of like how i'm part Roman and Viking because England was invaded by them many times over the years. I love celebrating those most tenuous of heritages as an excuse to get wasted."
What the hell are you talking about? Who invaded America?
Irish Famine & Troubles = People Emigrating.
Immigrants Become US/Irish Citizens, therefor their children, while born in America, are also Irish.

And dont say Mick.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Mick...

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RandomHero666
ZombieHunter said:
"Mick..."
A zombie just died of natural cause.... see what you did?
;-]

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
RandomHero666 said:
"ZombieHunter said:
"Mick..."
A zombie just died of natural cause.... see what you did?;-]"
Oh RH you crazy person  you ! 
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HandsomeDead
RandomHero666 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"HandsomeDead said:
Yeah. Kind of like how i'm part Roman and Viking because England was invaded by them many times over the years. I love celebrating those most tenuous of heritages as an excuse to get wasted."
What the hell are you talking about? Who invaded America?Irish Famine & Troubles = People Emigrating.Immigrants Become US/Irish Citizens, therefor their children, while born in America, are also Irish.And dont say Mick."
No they're not. You have no idea what nationaliy means if you believe that. I could give it maybe 3 generations or so but when your family has lived in America for so long and all of a sudden, oh, you've got an Irish great great great great great great great grandad and you use that as an excuse to celebrate St. Paddy's day, then you're really clutching at straws and it sound super pathetic considering no one cares and just parties anyway. My family is half irish but no one really cares as none of us speak with an Oirish twang or have any real connection besides that my great grandad was from there and really, that doesn't give me enough of a reason to join in a day which is meant to celebrate the Irish. It'd be like my cousin using me as an excuse to celebrate some LGBT pride day or something.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RandomHero666
HandsomeDead said:
"No they're not. You have no idea what nationaliy means if you believe that. I could give it maybe 3 generations or so but when your family has lived in America for so long and all of a sudden, oh, you've got an Irish great great great great great great great grandad and you use that as an excuse to celebrate St. Paddy's day, then you're really clutching at straws and it sound super pathetic considering no one cares and just parties anyway. My family is half irish but no one really cares as none of us speak with an Oirish twang or have any real connection besides that my great grandad was from there and really, that doesn't give me enough of a reason to join in a day which is meant to celebrate the Irish. It'd be like my cousin using me as an excuse to celebrate some LGBT pride day or something."
Fair enough, anything older than 3 generations does seem a little bit, erm "plastic paddy"
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Dude
RandomHero666 said:
"The_Dude said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"The_Dude said:
"Wolverine said:
"RandomHero666 said:
Probably better reasons to live in the Netherlands than to be able to drink, i dont even know what age is legal over there."
Oh there are certainly better reasons, but we are talking about drinking right now :D
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's tomorrow now, and I'm really excited. My uncle and his friend is up here, and we've been drinking today preparing for tomorrow, when Guinness will be £1.50!!!! That's a bargain. It was £ 1.50 last year and beer prices have skyrocketed since then, we were thinking we'd be lucky to get it for £2 this year, but £1.50 is unbelievable.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Linkyshinks

My only plan is to get slaughtered as I do every year.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gruff182

I'm going to get off my face, then try and climb something.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By teh_destroyer

We should all remember to change our user-name color to green,where green t-shirts and drink green beer.

DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DavidPalmer

Not much probably since I'm working a full day. I'll probably enjoy some Bushmills with a few friends or something, but not much.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Gruff182 said:
"I'm going to get off my face, then try and climb something."
That sounds like one hell of a plan.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

I guess this was a bad time to decide to be permanently sober.....

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Karmum

I'm not doing anything, but my two older brothers are going up to Boston.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Demyx

Nope, no plans.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By jakob187

I've got two cases of Shiner Hefeweizen in the fridge at the house waiting for midnight tonight, motherfuckers!!!  That + my "troll mug" (it holds 3 longnecks), and I'll be set for the night with the roomies.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#49  Edited By citizenkane

I'll be in New Orleans for my sister's senior recital at Tulane University.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Did everyone have a good day yesterday? I definitely did. Had plenty cheap guinness to drink, had a good laugh, really enjoyed myself. And even better, to my surprise I was hangover free this morning. Now that's a result.