• 69 results
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By eric_buck

Before you read the title and nothing else, I am NOT a Sony fanboy. I own both consoles and I owned the 360 first. Now read. This all started when I hear people giving Tom Clancy's Hawx shit for them shipping it out with some of the discs faulty. And they should give them shit because that's just stupid and they obviously just care about the money. But you don't hear anyone complain about Microsoft doing the exact same fucking thing! Even worse! Microsoft KNEW that the 360 was crap when they released it. They could've waited and released it later when it was fixed but NO they need to be before the PS3 so they can increase MONEY. They don't give a crap about the consumers. They've had SO much time to fix their crappy product but NO they would waste MONEY because they'd have to restock all the factories, fix it etc. So instead they just work on the next 360 watching the consumers buy 360 after 360 (as they break) making money.

PS: People complain about the PS3 being too expensive but they continue to buy multiple 360s. Going way over the price of a ps3.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By eric_buck

Before you read the title and nothing else, I am NOT a Sony fanboy. I own both consoles and I owned the 360 first. Now read. This all started when I hear people giving Tom Clancy's Hawx shit for them shipping it out with some of the discs faulty. And they should give them shit because that's just stupid and they obviously just care about the money. But you don't hear anyone complain about Microsoft doing the exact same fucking thing! Even worse! Microsoft KNEW that the 360 was crap when they released it. They could've waited and released it later when it was fixed but NO they need to be before the PS3 so they can increase MONEY. They don't give a crap about the consumers. They've had SO much time to fix their crappy product but NO they would waste MONEY because they'd have to restock all the factories, fix it etc. So instead they just work on the next 360 watching the consumers buy 360 after 360 (as they break) making money.

PS: People complain about the PS3 being too expensive but they continue to buy multiple 360s. Going way over the price of a ps3.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce
@Eric_Buck:

They have admitted to making a mistake in launching the system; people need to get over this.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By regularassmilk

I don't like Microsoft anymore than you do, but someone needs to call....

No Caption Provided

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By eric_buck

So why not fix the mistake? It's not like they don't have the power to fix it??

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By regularassmilk
@Eric_Buck said:
" So why not fix the mistake? It's not like they don't have the power to fix it?? "
They're a big company, they'd rather just develop a new system.
Sabin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Sabin

While I realize the problems haven't been fixed, this argument is 4 years old now.  I think it's time to drop it.  They admitted the mistake and spent a billion dollars to get this problem fixed.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By NickM

increase MONEY - that's my rap name

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

Wow, stop bitching and go play the PS3 if Microsoft makes you angry. People need to stop complaining.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eric_buck

If they spent a billion dollars then why isn't it fixed??

@Eric_Buck said:

" So why not fix the mistake? It's not like they don't have the power to fix it?? "
They're a big company, they'd rather just develop a new system.

Yeah that's my point. They don't really care whether the system works or not because people by it anyways...
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By TheHBK

Dude...its not 2007 anymore.  Get over it.  And not that many bought another 360, they could just get it fixed.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
@TheHBK said:
" Dude...its not 2007 anymore.  Get over it.  And not that many bought another 360, they could just get it fixed. "
Exactly. If you get the RROD, all you need to do is send it in and get it back 2 weeks later without paying anything.
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By pweidman

Educate yourself tc, on all the improvements that have been made to the heatpipe, sink, and chipsets the past few years.  The Jasper chip set specifically is much more reliable and has been tested to run far cooler than the previous designs.  That and the choice to DL games to the HDD in the last big NXE dash update is a huge help w/system reliability.

Not to excuse MS for the first design(Xenon).  They should be embarrassed and condemned for it.   And....they have been, while simultaneously spending oodles of $s to fix their design mistake and rebuild customer satisfaction and confidence.  I bet they would do things much different if they could start over.  Anyway this is such old news....time to move forward...........>>>

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dirty_Harry

Yeah, i always buy a new 360 when mine brakes down.

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Wesker

Wow. Nice troll post. Nothing personal but this is some really stupid shit.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15  Edited By Cerza

There's a lot of truth to your post. Unfortunately you are really just talking to a wall here since most of the GB community are 360 users and favor it over the other 2 consoles.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang
@Cerza said:
" There's a lot of truth to your post. Unfortunately you are really just talking to a wall here since most of the GB community are 360 users and favor it over the other 2 consoles. "
No, he is beating a dead horse. Microsoft improved the hardware by introducing the Jasper model, and extended the warranty in case you run into 3rod. What more do you guys want? Nobody is forcing you to buy a 360. If somebody does not like it, buy a PS3 and get a fucking life. Nobody likes whiny assholes.
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By eric_buck

I don't mind your guys' view on the matter. This is just my take on it. I'm not going to feel offended... I think that MS should have done something about it...

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zombie2011
@pweidman said:
" Educate yourself tc, on all the improvements that have been made to the heatpipe, sink, and chipsets the past few years.  The Jasper chip set specifically is much more reliable and has been tested to run far cooler than the previous designs.  That and the choice to DL games to the HDD in the last big NXE dash update is a huge help w/system reliability. Not to excuse MS for the first design(Xenon).  They should be embarrassed and condemned for it.   And....they have been, while simultaneously spending oodles of $s to fix their design mistake and rebuild customer satisfaction and confidence.  I bet they would do things much different if they could start over.  Anyway this is such old news....time to move forward...........>>> "

@Eric_Buck said:
" I don't mind your guys' view on the matter. This is just my take on it. I'm not going to feel offended... I think that MS should have done something about it... "
maybe you should read the above post, they did do something about it.
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eric_buck

Well they didn't do enough obviously as the problem still happens. And from my point of view if the problem isn't fixed than the topic isn't over.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By L33tfella_H

I....Am Bill Gates.....Bitches

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GreggD
@Eric_Buck said:
They have, it's called the Jasper.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Well, I'd say that they've tried with the new chipsets/motherboards, you know, the Falcon and Jasper thingameys.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

they have fixed the mistake they made. it's called japser, it's the name of the motherboard used on the 360. it is suppose to fix the problems that it has. if u don't like what they made then don't buy a xbox 360.

yes, microsoft should have fixed the problem before it came out. it is why i wait to buy something new to learn about the problems the item has when it is new. i got my 360 right when they put the rrod to three year warranty.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@GreggD said:
" @Eric_Buck said:
They have, it's called the Jasper. "
They made that promise with the Falcon Chip in late 07
MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrRedwine

I still have a running 360 I bought in Summer 2005.  The problem effected many, but not all.  If my 360 were to die on me today (I am out of warrenty now) I would buy another one tomorrow because the quality of games and other entertainment experiences is better than anything else I've tried.  I own a Wii and I've messed with the PS3 some, but I really feel that Microsoft's platform gives the best play experience this generation, for me at least.

I think so many people are upset about this issue because the rest of the experience is so good.  Let me tell you, if my wii broke tonight, I would not be buying a new one tomorrow.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheDoorman

There has been a lot of MS hate threads lately lol.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Radar

Dead horse was being beaten in 2007.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mordukai
@TheDoorman: And there are also many news about it too. Game Informer reported on their last issue that Billion dollars MS set aside has past the red line and is showing no sign of lowing down and gamespot reported that another law suit was filed against them by a man from illinois. I think its just that time of the month...LOL
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThomasP

Yeah, Microsoft left a pretty big mozza ball hanging out there with the 360's performance, but they do secure some good franchises. I can see why people would be upset with Microsoft and I can also see why people would be happy with Microsoft. It's all about preference. We all have a different opinion.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@NickM said:
" increase MONEY - that's my rap name "
Inkreese Money is better.
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By pirate_republic

These issues aren't an easy fix: RROD isn't fixed by flipping a switch. It would involve re-planning, re-designing, creating hardware deals, breaking contracts, new manufacturing claims, new manufacturers, manufacturing, re-marketing, and re-launching.

Cost of RROD warranty and letting users deal with the issues <<<<< "fixing" these issues in terms of cost. Microsoft, as a corporation, will take the cheapest option. Any corporation would: this is capitalism.

I don't see the issue here. It's not going to be fixed, and yes it sucks, but get over it.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CL60
@MrRedwine said:
" I still have a running 360 I bought in Summer 2005.  The problem effected many, but not all.  If my 360 were to die on me today (I am out of warrenty now) I would buy another one tomorrow because the quality of games and other entertainment experiences is better than anything else I've tried.  I own a Wii and I've messed with the PS3 some, but I really feel that Microsoft's platform gives the best play experience this generation, for me at least.I think so many people are upset about this issue because the rest of the experience is so good.  Let me tell you, if my wii broke tonight, I would not be buying a new one tomorrow. "
You could still get a free one if it RROD or E74ed. Mine was a launch model and died a month or something ago and they sent me a new one in like 6 days. For free.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai
@CL60: was it the newer models with the HDMI output or was it a refurbished launch one?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#34  Edited By AgentJ

Look superstud, dont think that you are saying anything here that everybody on this site doesnt already know. We've all heard the arguements and the facts, and the half-a-thought you put into making this post isnt going to convince anyone that Microsoft is the second coming of satan or anything. If you have a problem with their high failure rate, go crazy with a Microsoft rep, but this is old news to most of the gaming world. One side points to the billions of dollars Microsoft has spent combating the problem, including extending warranties for free. The other brings up how inconvenient that is (or outdated info like what you have presented). Next time you create a topic, make it a worthwhile one. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CL60
@Mordukai said:
" @CL60: was it the newer models with the HDMI output or was it a refurbished launch one? "
I never even looked for an HDMI output. I'm not even sure.
Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gav47

Oh My God guys, I'm not sure if you know this but there is a problem with very Xbox 360, basically the GPU gets so hot that voids
form in the solider making the console useless. It also makes three red lights appear on the front of the console.

As the first person to discover this I am going to dub it "RHoNP" or "Red Hoop of Non Playing"
Someone should tell Microsoft, I'm sure they'll be worried about us consumers.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By AgentJ
@Gav47 said:
" Oh My God guys, I'm not sure if you know this but there is a problem with very Xbox 360, basically the GPU gets so hot that voids form in the solider making the console useless. It also makes three red lights appear on the front of the console. As the first person to discover this I am going to dub it "RHoNP" or "Red Hoop of Non Playing" Someone should tell Microsoft, I'm sure they'll be worried about us consumers. "
LOL. 
Sarge117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sarge117
@Gav47 said:
"Oh My God guys, I'm not sure if you know this but there is a problem with very Xbox 360, basically the GPU gets so hot that voids form in the solider making the console useless. It also makes three red lights appear on the front of the console. As the first person to discover this I am going to dub it "RHoNP" or "Red Hoop of Non Playing" Someone should tell Microsoft, I'm sure they'll be worried about us consumers. "

Oh my god! We need to inform the masses by shouting it from the rooftops! We will tell them to repent, the end is nigh! We can't send our broken consoles to the company that made it and get it back fixed for free right? Wait a minute, that's absurd! Lets wait half a decade for another console to come out, because buying another 360 will set you back $200 and that's too much.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By teh_destroyer
@Bruce said:
" @Eric_Buck: They have admitted to making a mistake in launching the system; people need to get over this. "
indeed, I am tired of hearing people bitch about it.
DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By DeVeAn
@natetodamax: Sounds more like he is sharing a concern. I happen to agree with the man. Anyways your complaining about him. EVERYONE is complaining lol.
Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pantalooney

If they didn`t care about the consumers why would they give a free 3 year warranty with the console.

xShR3Dx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By xShR3Dx

I dont like Microsoft but they repaired all my xbox's for free and the console is still pretty much the best out there in terms of the features and the operateing system, but the hardware blows.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arkthemaniac: IN-Gr3353 - M0N3Y is the shit 
eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By eric_buck

Sorry, I'm just ranting because they really get me worked up. Blowin off some steam, although I stand by everything I said.

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By AndyWilliams24

It's hit and miss. I've had my same console about 3 years now. No problems, and when it does break MS will replace it for free. So I can't justify complaining too much.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_A_Drain

"Before you read the title and nothing else, I am NOT a Sony fanboy. I own both consoles and I owned the 360 first."

Funny how this is the first thing most people type in any kind of situation like this. Despite the fact owning any amount of consoles doesn't back up your ability to think and behave rationally, so it's a pretty pointless thing to say.

Regardless, get over it, this discussions been had a million times before, bad shit happened, Microsoft apologised, but it still doesn't make up for the huge hole in my wallet. Etc etc etc. Old news. I've saved more than that amount of money back by buying games cheaper after they release when you can no longer find them brand new. Each new copy of a game sold gets MS $8 out of the $60 (even if it's not there game, if it is, it gets them $38) so if you really want to stick it to them, buy all your games second hand until you'ved screwed them out of the same amount of money they 'screwed' you out of.

Oh wait, tons of people already do that regardless of whether or not their 360 broke.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Bruce said:
" @Eric_Buck: They have admitted to making a mistake in launching the system; people need to get over this. "
its hard to get over something when its still happening everyday. nobody should ever have feel like its okay that your console is dying on you over and over. 
raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By raddevon

Does anyone know if I can mail my boomerang PS3 controller back to Sony to exchange for a Sixaxis controller that I could mail in and exchange for a DualShock 3?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#49  Edited By Vinchenzo
@natetodamax said:
" Wow, stop bitching and go play the PS3 if Microsoft makes you angry. People need to stop complaining. "
This for sure.
ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ImHungryx10

I LOVE how you EMPHASIZE certain words so I can STRETCH the words LONGER.