To the American people please forgive me for my ignorance but...

• 91 results
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

I don't understand how your government works.  Why did you elect a man with an IQ of 70 into office not once but twice?  Yet you complain about him.

Who is truly in control of America?

I find it odd about American system, so please pardon my ignorance. 

Why not get a king or queen to run the country?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

I can't tell if your being bitter or not ?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

Is this your idea of a clever attempt at trolling?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

Ah-haha. The sarcasm is strong here.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

No serious question. 

I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs our country. 

Also everyone has to admit Bush wasn't the brightest bulb and we DID elect him twice.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

Ha ha.  You tickled my funny bone.

Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and corrupt voting systems in the democratic world.  It could learn a lot from England, Australia and New Zealand.  Most Americans themselves can barely understand the voting system.

Also, both England and America could learn a lot from Australia on voting.  Have voting day on a Saturday when most people can attend the booth and make voting compulsory as voting is a democratic responsibility, not a right.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

I will refuse to vote at the next British election. I want to bring the voting turnout figures down to prove my point of indifference towards whichever British government gets elected.

I appreciate that I lose my right to complain by doing this. I also appreciate that my indifference will only skew figures minutely, but that's enough for me.

Americans care about politics too much. I love the "well they're all going to fuck up" mentality we have here in the UK. Well certainly it's an attitude I endorse.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mike
KaosAngel said:
No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs our country.  Also everyone ... [more]
Yeah, and then we elected a demagogue. The average person isn't too bright, and they are the ones that decide the outcome of elections.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
MB said:
KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs our country.  ... [more]
This is why I feel people who make over $100,000 a year should only be allowed to vote.  In my country, this is how we do it.  All of the power is given to the strongest corporations....not the people.  People are futile, just good for free tax money.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
get2sammyb said:
I will refuse to vote at the next British election. I want to bring the voting turnout figures down to ... [more]
See. but this is the beauty of compulsory voting.  Everyone is forced to attend the voting booth, so the apathetic types who are pissed off at politicians are more likely to vote independent, minor party or Greens and shake things up.

Of course, compulsory voting isn't actually compulsory in Australia - attendance to get your name marked off the voting roll is.

I have been known to add an extra box and my name and vote for myself  for parliament in the past.  That is anarchy  :-)
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By cspiffo
oldschool said:
Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and corrupt voting systems in ... [more]
Yeah, the whole stupid electoral college thing is way past its usefulness.  Popular Vote should be the only deciding factor.

Bush wasn't as bad as most people make him out to be.  I believe history will show that.  The problem international perception vs. reality.  America tends to send over a lot of media that does not truly represent the America and Americans' way of life.  Media also tends to slant more left in this country.

Most of the world just hates Bush because of Iraq.  I'm not convinced that he made a mistake though.  It's really too soon to tell.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mike
oldschool said:
Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and corrupt voting systems in ... [more]
I wouldn't mind that, coupled with some hardcore campaign finance reform, of course. The fact that our current President got there in part by spending over $750 million dollars on his campaign makes me physically ill and almost ashamed of the system we have for electing our "leaders" in the United States.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jayge_
KaosAngel said:
MB said: KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs ... [more]
Yeah, Japan seems to be doing everything right. They have a steady birthrate, a powerful non-dynasty-based government, strong control over petty Yakuza gangs, and they're progressive and totally not one of the most racist and emotionally repressed societies in the world.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mike
@Jayge: I see what you did there.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
cspiffo said:
oldschool said: Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and corrupt voting ... [more]
Sorry, but I hated Bush before Iraq.  Iraq just shone a massive spotlight on his glaring inadequencies.

I was departing the USA the day he was elected the first time and remember remarking to my partner (on a bus to LAX) about how America will one day regret voting in such a moron.  Well, they voted him in twice and I believe history has already shown what a mess he made of things.  I have lived through Presidents since and including JFK.  Carter made Bush look like an idiot.  Reagan had better grasp on reality.  Nixon was less of a crook.  Ford was less clumsy.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
Jayge_ said:
KaosAngel said: MB said: KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who ... [more]
Good to see you agree.  I point this out often to the Weeabos, they say I lie.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Karmum
KaosAngel said:
MB said: KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs ... [more]
Your a moron.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mike
Karmum said:
KaosAngel said: MB said: KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who ... [more]
It's you're. Ah, the irony.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Drebin_893

This really is a subtle attempt at being funny and/or trolling.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By trophyhunter

but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty boy moron we have in office now?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel
trophyhunter said:
but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty boy moron we have in office now?
Obama has made mistakes...no one is denying that.  It is however, his first 5 months.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
MB said:
oldschool said: Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and corrupt voting ... [more]
The money bothers me as well.  A cap should be set on how much can be spent on an election.  It would even it out and remove much of the corruption.  A duopoly in the USA cannot be good.

We vote on a system of proportional representation in Australia (it varies with state elections).  You vote from first choice to the end.  If the leader does not get 50%, then second votes are distributed and so on, until one is over the line.  This is fairer as my second and third votes can count.  Just getting the most votes will not guarantee you a seat in parliament.  You have to appeal to the voters of the other minor parties as well.

We don't vote for a leader though.  The party choose their own leader and that is also good, as who wants a party in power who can't work with their leader.  A Prime Minister can be replaced at any time during their term if the party loses faith in that leader.  It helps keep things a bit more honest.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Focus on the present. Bush isn't president anymore. If we continue to dwell on previous mistakes, it takes our focus off of what truly matters: NOW.
Focus on the present. Bush isn't president anymore. If we continue to dwell on previous mistakes, it takes our focus off of what truly matters: NOW.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cspiffo
KaosAngel said:
trophyhunter said: but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty boy moron we have in office now? Obama ... [more]
I just hope he's not in over his head.  Frankly, he didn't have all that much experience when we elected him.  He was probably the better choice though when compared to Mccain.  Had he been a little younger it wouldn't have been a contest I think.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By giyanks22
KaosAngel said:
No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs our country.  Also everyone ... [more]
Bush was by far not an articulate man, and was  a horrific speaker, but I don't think he was honestly stupid. I think he was at heart a good and decent person, who was there for the country on 9/11, and was wrong about Iraq, but I think he set security protocols in motion that have kept us safe since 9/11.

Now he might have had his share of gaffes, but even people as articulate as Obama have some bad gaffes, but I don't think Obama's stupid.
There was the Time Obama said there were 57 states in the U.S., or the time he said that his parents conceived him the day of Martin Luther King's I have a dream speech, yet Obama was born three years after it....
No President is without their gaffes, and Bush did have a lot. People don't agree with his choices, but at the end of the day he was a good man, who I think really wanted the best for America, and had the guts to make choices that a lot of people didn't agree with.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaosAngel
cspiffo said:
KaosAngel said: trophyhunter said: but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty boy moron we have in office ... [more]
JFK was young and he did so much:

1.  Got us into space.
2.  Saved us from Cuba.
3.  People loved him.

Obama is the nearest president we have that compares to JFK...I just hope it doesn't end the same way.
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cirdain

Banks own the health care systems and the people running the banks bribed practically everyone in the white house (when Bush was in) to keep quite. - According to Sicko, by Michael Moore

And dude/ettes your health system is one of the most surprisingly bullshit systems ever.
I think that every country needs to follow Cuba's example when it comes to health care. They got it perfect. Even us brits suffer from the health care system but at least the hospitals don't suck us for each penny we own.
And also I heard that the fire-fighters that helped out at 9/11, were given free treatment if any post effects from it happened. And when a guy when to get the free treatment for his lungs (because all the dust and tiny stones that he breathed in), he found out that the free treatment would only be given when he is terminally ill!
So basically he only gets it when there's no way for him to live... so he and loads of other people went to Cuba and got sorted there.

But then again my memory for things like this is not too good so I probably got most of the stuff I wrote wrong. But I'm english so...

smoolander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By smoolander
MB said:
Karmum said: KaosAngel said: MB said: KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think ... [more]
Gold!     +1 to you sir!
TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheDoorman

No one in my family voted for him, so as for the mess were in now, hes to blame. Seriously hes definetly not the brightest, and as for Obama i dont know how hes going to run things.

And the reason why we dont have a queen or king is why we rebeled against that form of government back in the colonial days. You know, No taxation with representation and stuff like that.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cspiffo
Cirdain said:
Banks own the health care systems and the people running the banks bribed practically everyone in the white house (when ... [more]
Yeah!  And Michael Moore is quite the authority on these subjects with absolutely noooooooo bias...sheesh!  And Cuba can barely feed its own people!
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By oldschool
Cirdain said:
Banks own the health care systems and the people running the banks bribed practically everyone in the white house (when ... [more]
Australia also has universal health care and whilst it isn't perfect, it is better than leaving people at the mercy of the private system.  If you go to hospital - you will be treated.  Plus, American companies don't like it, but we have the PBS (Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme) where corporations are forced to settle on a cheap price for drugs that the government deems critical to the health of people (we also xubsidise it in taxes).  The Free Trade Agreement we made with the USA nealry lost it, but the public would not allow it to be lost.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cspiffo
KaosAngel said:
cspiffo said: KaosAngel said: trophyhunter said: but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty boy moron we have ... [more]
I wasn't talking about Obama's age.  I was talking about Mccain.  He's in his '70's!  Bush wanted to get us back into space too.  To Mars!  Then 9-11 happened.  Bush was barely in office when it happened remember.  People like to look back on history with rose colored glasses.  JFK had a lot of faults that were glossed over simply because of what had happened to him.  He was good at inspiring America though.  Hopefully Obama doesn't lose that about himeself.  There are some real problems in this country right now.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KaosAngel
cspiffo said:
KaosAngel said: cspiffo said: KaosAngel said: trophyhunter said: but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty boy moron ... [more]
...and it's going to take a long time to fix everyone's misconception of America.  We're at fault though, we need to man up as a country and do our best to fix our mistakes.
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cspiffo
TheDoorman said:
 No one in my family voted for him, so as for the mess were in now, hes to blame. Seriously hes ... [more]
Actually, we don't have a King because or first President refused to take such an office.  The English King and Queen really aren't that powerful either anymore.  They really more of a show piece these days.  The real leader of England is the Prime Minister.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IBurningStar

Oh this is just silly. Everybody knows that the "presidents" are really just figureheads and that the real controlling force behind America is the Patriots.

As my friend Chie would say, "Sheesh."

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By killdave
KaosAngel said:
I don't understand how your government works.  Why did you elect a man with an IQ of 70 into office ... [more]
The BRITISH are still in control. You really think throwing Tea into the water would buy your country independance?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By toowalrus

He wasn't a great president, that's for sure. But it's a bummer that the whole world is using him as the scapegoat for our economic problems, that responsibility doesn't fall squarely on his shoulders. George was elected twice, because he kicks ass. Seriously, he's a guy I want to barbecue with, and before the world because temporary fucked, that's what the country wanted.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cspiffo
IBurningStar said:
Oh this is just silly. Everybody knows that the "presidents" are really just figureheads and that the real controlling force ... [more]
The football team?  I never knew Tom Brady was so important. I mean he's important but...Woah!  You blew my mind.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By toowalrus
cspiffo said:
IBurningStar said: Oh this is just silly. Everybody knows that the "presidents" are really just figureheads and that the real ... [more]
I believe he's talking about the La-li-lu-le-lo... so shhhh!
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cspiffo
TooWalrus said:
cspiffo said: IBurningStar said: Oh this is just silly. Everybody knows that the "presidents" are really just figureheads and that ... [more]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooohh...right...*being quiet now*
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By IBurningStar

TooWalrus....seems your nanomachines are causing trouble for you. Don't trust this man, he can't say Patriot. He is involved with them!

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cspiffo
IBurningStar said:
TooWalrus....seems your nanomachines are causing trouble for you. Don't trust this man, he can't say Patriot. He is involved with ... [more]
Mwahahahaha...I mean.  Who me?
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44  Edited By JonathanMoore
Staff said:
Has been deleted..
Yeah, no that doesn't make you right wing.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

....trend threads...um....are bad...mmmkay?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jimbo

You don't think it's perhaps a little soon to be comparing Obama to JFK?  Given that JFK actually achieved some stuff....  It is true that getting killed on the job does wonders for your legacy though.

I also don't think Bush Jr. will be judged too badly by history.  It's looking increasingly like Iraq will be a victory of sorts (not what was originally intended, but a victory nonetheless) - and that counts for a lot.  I don't know if I buy the argument that his response to 9/11 kept the US safe, I mean, you lost 3000 in the attack and 5000+ (inc. Iraq) failing to catch the people responsible.  I'd say the response was more or less exactly what AQ wanted it to be.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By Arkthemaniac
KaosAngel said:
KaosAngel said:
KaosAngel said:
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Wow, that wasn't what I fucking typed at all.

Giant Bomb fails.
Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Puppy
TooWalrus said:
He wasn't a great president, that's for sure. But it's a bummer that the whole world is using him as ... [more]

He was elected twice because people are easily susceptible to fear-mongering and, consequently, no American president has been deposed in war time.
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By grilledcheez

I would say a fair number of the people that are against Bush didn't vote...because they're fucking retarded and don't want to exercise their rights.  The churches here such as these "evangelical" churches got their members to go out and vote for him simply because of his stance on abortion.  Those are two large reasons why he won.