To the American people please forgive me for my ignorance but...

• 91 results
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By AhmadMetallic

LOLLL this is, for those who dont know, a sarcastic respond to a previous thread about UK .. 

and im not american but i do know they're the fishiest country on earth fucking up people's business and it seems like none of em knows who's behind what and whats going on, even the people in control.. rofl ..
grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By grilledcheez
AhmadMetallic said:
LOLLL this is, for those who dont know, a sarcastic respond to a previous thread about UK .. and im ... [more]
:)
xAbleAssassinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By xAbleAssassinx
KaosAngel said:
I don't understand how your government works.  Why did you elect a man with an IQ of 70 into office ... [more]
Your not serious, are u? Firstly i assume your reffereing to Bush, who wasn't particularly intelligent but certainly did not have an IQ of 70, he would barely be able to function as a human being. Also reagan was an actor and was voted to be prsident, and Arnie is govenor of california, this doesnt mean they cant make good leaders. And do you not think there might be something else responsible for Bush being voted in twice? This may be corrupt. And what?!!! Get a king or queen to run a country? SInce when do monarchs have any real power. Seriously i cannot pardon your ignorance if you go around making statements and assumptions based on it. sorry.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By kmdrkul

I fail to see how a topic like this is still around.  It seems like it was created for the sole purpose of getting people worked up...

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By AhmadMetallic
xAbleAssassinx said:
KaosAngel said: I don't understand how your government works.  Why did you elect a man with an IQ of 70 ... [more]
You failed to notice the sarcasm and the relation between this thread and a previous one about UK and totally misunderstood the metaphors and jokes. phail.

kmdrkul said:
I fail to see how a topic like this is still around.  It seems like it was created for the ... [more]
You failed to notice the sarcasm and the relation between this thread and a previous one about UK and totally misunderstood the metaphors and jokes. phail.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheMustacheHero

A new way to troll- act foreign!

Anyone notice in his first and third posts he acts foreign and in his second post he says "we elected him" as if he is an American...

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Oriental_Jams

...Zing?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jkz

Wow, this garnered more attention than it was worth, methinks

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Kaos your pissing off the Americans, run to Canada with me!

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kmdrkul
AhmadMetallic said:
xAbleAssassinx said: KaosAngel said: I don't understand how your government works.  Why did you elect a man with an IQ ... [more]
See how nobody is laughing?  Those "jokes" sure aren't funny...
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By penguindust

Most of the American voting population are conservative in nature.  Only when they get completely fed up with the status quo, do they swing in the other direction.  After 7 years of war and the depressing decline of the economy, they went the other way this past November.  Additionally, they also tend to cast their votes based on how comfortable they are with the state of their household finances.  When President Bush was elected to a second term, the majority of Americans were okay with the state of their pocket books.  This is the "if it ain't broke, don't fix with it" adage in action.  If a few years from now, the economy is in recovery and people feel good about their futures, the President Obama will get re-elected.  If it is still in the toilet, then he will be replaced by a new Republican candidate.  Issues outside of the average family's pocket book don't carry that much weight to the greater voting population.  They make for nice talking points on cable TV, but hold little sway overall.  Some topics, such as abortion and gun control solidify the base of each party, but those people are always going to cast their vote in that direction anyway.  You will rarely find controversial platforms jumping across party lines, and so, it's less a question of winning people to your candidate's side as it is getting the people you know would vote for your candidate if they could off their asses and to the polls. That is where liberals have failed in the past.  Most young people have views that closer aligned with the Democratic Party, however many of them don't bother to vote when the day arrives.  That means that elections are decided by an older population because they chose to vote. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#62  Edited By Hailinel
Bucketdeth said:
Kaos your pissing off the Americans, run to Canada with me!
Yeah, right.  I can't count the number of people that threatened to move to Canada if Bush won a second term and that seemed to think of that nation as a magical wonderland without any problems.  Of course, then Bush won, and none of those fools actually made good on their promise.

Really, the most foolish thing that anyone can do is turn tail and run if their candidate isn't the one that gets elected.  They're only likely to face more disappointment where ever they go.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Oriental_Jams
Hailinel said:
Bucketdeth said: Kaos your pissing off the Americans, run to Canada with me! Yeah, right.  I can't count the number ... [more]
Nah, they moved, but were replaced by Mexicans. Mexicans and Martians.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel said:
Bucketdeth said: Kaos your pissing off the Americans, run to Canada with me! Yeah, right.  I can't count the number ... [more]
Well I guess he'd be the only one running, I`m in Canada now.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@kmdrkul: No dont get me wrong im not saying you're a stupid motherfucker who failed to laugh like everybody else, no one is laughing, but there is a sense of humour in this joint that you failed to see.. humour and sarcasm and 'jokes' arent always met with laughter, nowadays there are smarter and wittier ways to respond.. 
heres a smiley for you just so u know im being chilled and not being mean =>  :) .
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BigBoss1911

Lol you fucking Brits.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By cspiffo
jukezypoo said:
Wow, this garnered more attention than it was worth, methinks
I think it's safe to say the OP was just joking around.  There is still some good dialogue on the subject though.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

KaosAngel said:
MB said: KaosAngel said: No serious question.  I want to know what my fellow Americans think about who really runs ... [more]
So a lucky dumbass who inherits a family business should vote, but a hard-working, intelligent man who got fucked in life shouldn't be able to?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By TwoOneFive

i like how he claims its a serious question. 

sure, saying HOW DID YOU ELECT A GUY WITH A IQ of 70? is serious, non trolling, question. uh huh. sure. 
Bill_Hickz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bill_Hickz
MB said:
oldschool said: Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and corrupt voting ... [more]
Man you seriously wanted Sarah Palin running the show? Republicans sure are ignorant.
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#71  Edited By matthew

Come on Kaos...don't start politics here.  We all know politics are nothing more than high school rally's - just people saying what others want to hear.  We don't need it said again on a place meant to get away from it all.

And you always could vote absentee if you really cared that much about it.
Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Puppy
KaosAngel said:
cspiffo said: KaosAngel said: cspiffo said: KaosAngel said: trophyhunter said: but yet you have nothing to say about the pretty ... [more]

Actually, fixing the country's reputation is the one thing that Obama has delivered on. Sure, it's not 100%, but we're getting there. As long as we don't listen to assclowns like Newt Gingrich who criticized the President for shaking hands with Hugo Chavez, then proceeded to tell his interviewer that the only way to deal with countries like Venezuela and Cuba is to maintain "cold and distant" relations with them, then we'll be able to stay on track.

*sigh*
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#73  Edited By gingertastic_10

if we vote for a king or queen, we would be doing something in this country that we were trying to get away from when "we" left europe in the first place....but we are they longest running democracy i think ever? i might be wrong, Rome might have been longer....but what we do works i guess

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By teh_destroyer

We don't elect our Presidents by there IQ score 0_0
Its also not a very smart idea to switch Presidents in the middle of a war.

Puppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Puppy
teh_destroyer said:
Its also not a very smart idea to switch Presidents in the middle of a war.

That's what the Romans said.
Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

My favorite part about the past elections was the large number of conservative people I know claiming to be all ready to move to Canada if/when Obama was elected.

Despite the fact that, you know, Canada has a more liberal government, with health-care that is socialized (particularly compared to ours). 

Also, this is my first post here. Hi Giant Bomb!
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By suneku

If you did your homework, you'd know the Bush won the first time because Bender zapped all of Gore's votes.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By mike
Bill_Hickz said:
MB said: oldschool said: Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously complex and ... [more]
That's about the most backwards logic I've ever heard. I voted for Ron Paul.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Black_Rose

JFK saved US from Cuba?
just...wtf

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mordukai
@KaosAngel: The election were rigged.
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Black_Rose said:
JFK saved US from Cuba?.........just...wtf
I think he means Russia...
Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Anybody who digs a bit deeper knows that politicians don't run their country. As far as policy goes, all the bullshit that Bush wrought is still going. Obama is just as much a liar and a puppet as any other politician. 

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
Cirdain said:
Banks own the health care systems and the people running the banks bribed practically everyone in the white house (when ... [more]
who needs college when you have michael moore?
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
MB said:
Bill_Hickz said: MB said: oldschool said: Ha ha. You tickled my funny bone.Seriously, America has one of the most ridiculously ... [more]
u must be my twin. we both have tool avatars and we both voted for ronald paul. 

what are you thinking about right now? i bet i know.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By JoelTGM
CrossTheAtlantic said:
My favorite part about the past elections was the large number of conservative people I know claiming to be all ... [more]
Welcome to giant bomb  :)  Sorry the first thing you had to see was this thread.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Feanor

I would much rather live in a country ruled by an old woman, who was not elected but born into duty.

@Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497: I dare you to find a country that is not like that.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Plasma
Feanor said:
I would much rather live in a country ruled by an old woman, who was not elected but born into ... [more]

If you mean the queen, she has NO POWER, she is a figure head.
She makes England looks much more regal than Gordan Brown =P
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Feanor
@Plasma: Yeah, but she is still the face of her country.  The President of the US does not have as much power as foreigners like to think he does.  We have a pretty intricate system of checks and balances, so no branch has more power than the other.

Also I don't get how the English can criticize us about the things Bush did.  There government supported him every step of the way.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#89  Edited By natetodamax

These topics are getting old and ridiculous now.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Feanor
@natetodamax: but they are fun to post in, and it does not really hurt anyone.
The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The_Tolman

oh god new world order everone run for the hills lol