#1 Edited by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

The age old debate, still continues to this day. 

What is your theory?

#2 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

Battlefield

#3 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

#4 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
Nothing can be moved except it is in potentiality to that towards which it is moved.  For motion is nothing else than the reduction of something from potentiality to actuality. 

The chicken.
#5 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -

The Big Bang

#7 Posted by artofwar420 (6247 posts) -

Unicellular organisms.

#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Dinosaurs had eggs. So eggs first.

#9 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" Nothing can be moved except it is in potentiality to that towards which it is moved.  For motion is nothing else than the reduction of something from potentiality to actuality. "
What the hell just happened?
#10 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

The Chicken of course. God made the Chicken who made the egg.

#11 Posted by MetalR (422 posts) -

Eggs, now GTFO.

#12 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@gingertastic_10 said:
" @Br3adfan said:
" Nothing can be moved except it is in potentiality to that towards which it is moved.  For motion is nothing else than the reduction of something from potentiality to actuality. "
What the hell just happened? "
Sorry. I had my Philosophy 101 textbook lying next to me and I thought I'd bust out some old school thoughts.  
#13 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @gingertastic_10 said:
" @Br3adfan said:
What the hell just happened? "
Sorry. I had my Philosophy 101 textbook lying next to me and I thought I'd bust out some old school thoughts.   "
Well that was some deep stuff.
#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (35803 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" Dinosaurs had eggs. So eggs first. "
Plus I'm sure early fish had eggs. In fact, I'm guessing that most sexual reproduction takes place with eggs, so the egg.
#15 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Scooper: Nice Mighty Boosh picture, there.
#16 Edited by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Chicken. 

@ververdan0226 said:

" @Optiow said:
" The Chicken of course. God made the Chicken who made the egg. "
You mean the chicken evolved and then laid an egg? "

For that reason.
#17 Posted by ververdan0226 (1573 posts) -
@Optiow said:
You mean the chicken evolved and then laid an egg?
#18 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4578 posts) -

#19 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

This question is basicaly the same as asking "Do you believe God created all animals or do you believe in Darwin's theory of evolution" because if you believe in God then obviously the chicken, God made the world with chickens which laid eggs with more chickens in. If you are a believer in Darwin then you know that all animals that we have today have evolved from things before it and it's the same with a chicken. There was a bird that evolved to get its food from the ground and as it was evolving over millions of years to what we call a chicken today. There would of been an animal that was just not quite a chicken but 1 tiny step to becoming the new species (we're talking the tiniest step of evolution there is, 1 generation's worth) and that animal laid an egg which inside was that bird + that last microscopic step that classified it as the chicken species.

You could argue that we've done the same thing it's taken nature to do in millions of years and that's to breed certain characteristics into chickens like larger breast muscles for instance. Same thing with cows and dogs and sheep ect.

#20 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i would say the egg.  it just came to earth and a chicke came out of it. later it laid eggs.

#21 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" Battlefield "
#22 Posted by sgjackson (527 posts) -
@MarkWahlberg said:
"     
"
This is awesome.
#23 Posted by calidan777 (853 posts) -
@MarkWahlberg said:
"     
"
This.
#24 Posted by Postromo (143 posts) -

Me

#25 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The egg.

#26 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" This question is basicaly the same as asking "Do you believe God created all animals or do you believe in Darwin's theory of evolution" because if you believe in God then obviously the chicken, God made the world with chickens which laid eggs with more chickens in. If you are a believer in Darwin then you know that all animals that we have today have evolved from things before it and it's the same with a chicken. There was a bird that evolved to get its food from the ground and as it was evolving over millions of years to what we call a chicken today. There would of been an animal that was just not quite a chicken but 1 tiny step to becoming the new species (we're talking the tiniest step of evolution there is, 1 generation's worth) and that animal laid an egg which inside was that bird + that last microscopic step that classified it as the chicken species.  You could argue that we've done the same thing it's taken nature to do in millions of years and that's to breed certain characteristics into chickens like larger breast muscles for instance. Same thing with cows and dogs and sheep ect. "
#27 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

If the egg is any type of egg, then it's obviously the egg, due to evolution, each generation mutates compared to the previous, meaning the egg would obviously come first.  

If it is assumed that the egg must be a chicken's egg, the question becomes more complex as it depends on what is considered a chickens egg. Firstly, if a hybrid chicken laid an actual chicken's egg, containing the first chicken, then the egg came first. However, if a chicken's egg is an egg that must be laid by a chicken, then a full chicken must have laid the first chicken's egg, and must have come first. 

While the answer depends on how the egg is defined, an answer can be reached for every scenario. 

/topic

#28 Posted by guiseppe (2837 posts) -

The first chicken came from an egg. Which in turn came from some chicken-like creature, evolution happened and BAM! The first chicken.

#29 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

The age old question doesn't continue to this day. It was answered by someone called Charles Darwin.  The egg came first, and it would have come from a bird slightly less evolved than a chicken.

#30 Posted by Chipset_Seven (202 posts) -

Well, you need a chicken to make an egg, and eggs beget chickens, so if you run that cycle real fast... 
Ya stumped me. 
They were both instantaneously created at the same time.
#31 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" Chicken. 

@ververdan0226 said:
" @Optiow said:
You mean the chicken evolved and then laid an egg? "
For that reason. "
Musta surprised the very first chicken.
#32 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

The Egg did. 
Not like the first fucking Egg came out of a chicken.. 
There are probably thousands of other creatures out there who laid eggs way before a freaking chicken did.. Simple as that

#33 Posted by Tebbit (4447 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" The age old question doesn't continue to this day. It was answered by someone called Charles Darwin.  The egg came first, and it would have come from a bird slightly less evolved than a chicken. "
But what was inside that egg? The Chicken!!! 
 Chicken embryos still count as chickens right? 

So the answer is the chicken and the egg both came at the same time. 
/borked
#34 Edited by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

Pong. 

Nah,but seriously egg.
#35 Posted by dbz1995 (4789 posts) -

The egg due to evolution of the world. Thats what I think anyway.

#36 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

Do you mean the egg or a chickens egg? 
not that it makes a difference.

#37 Posted by blaze503 (189 posts) -

The Egg came first because it is most likely through evolution that the creature that later evolved into the chicken only differed slightly in appearance. And when the chicken genome did occur by coincidence it is likely that it didn't develope a new reproduction system but only changed in appearance slightly. Thus the egg containing the chicken would have been birthed before the first chicken was born. 

So the Egg came first.
#38 Edited by wrecks (2197 posts) -

Bacon came first. Sweet, sweet bacon.

#39 Posted by Iceland (163 posts) -

The Potato!

#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

this shoulda been A FUCKING POLL MAN !!!!! 

the chicken came first, created by our mighty creator, the sick child with an ant farm

#41 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

Since the modern domestic chicken is thought to be a genetic hybrid of two previous bird species, then the egg came first, from which the first hybrid was then hatched from.

#42 Edited by Lashe (1243 posts) -

The Egg. 

I thought this was a question parents asked their children in order to shut them up for 5 minutes? Hardly an age old debate.

#43 Posted by heatDrive88 (2263 posts) -

The Egg. SCIENCE WIN. 
#44 Posted by Karn (690 posts) -

God.

#45 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" The age old question doesn't continue to this day. It was answered by someone called Charles Darwin.  The egg came first, and it would have come from a bird slightly less evolved than a chicken. "
#46 Posted by greenbean (47 posts) -

The dickhead.

#47 Posted by Siris (432 posts) -
@Chipset_Seven: agreed.
#48 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -
"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man creates dinosaurs...
Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth" 

Eggs were around before chickens, so they came first.