why do girlfriends expect shit on Valentines Day?

• 127 results
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Red

Because the point of Valentine's Day is to tell people that you love them. I mean, it doesn't have to be huge but just a little reminder...and besides their birthday and Christmas...when else do they expect a present?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By mike
Red said:
"Because the point of Valentine's Day is to tell people that you love them. I mean, it doesn't have to be huge but just a little reminder...and besides their birthday and Christmas...when else do they expect a present?"

I think Valentine's Day is such bullshit.  Success in relationships is all about the little, day-to-day things - much better to give or receive an unexpected gift or go out to a nice dinner randomly rather than only celebrating love once or twice a year.  Valentine's Day is such a commercial enterprise, just like most other holidays.  It's nonsense.  Thankfully my girlfriend is just as passionate about hating Valentine's Day as I am.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By c1337us

Because all females have evolved from an ancient, now extinct creature called the succubus. And this:
Megalon
said:

"They expect things because they: a) have boobs, and b) know we want the boobs. "
DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DirrtyNinja
Buy her a Rampant Rabbit. Then you will have more time to play videogames.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By get2sammyb

Haha you should reconsider your girlfiend if the thought of spending "all day" with them horrifies you. ;) Although I do agree with you. Why bother making an "extra special" effort one day a year when you should be doing it every day of the year really.

HandsomeDead said:

"Arkthemaniac said:
"Maybe I don't know, because I've never had a "girlfriend", but isn't spending time with someone like that supposed to be enjoyable? If not, why are you doing it?
And by it, I mean her.
"
I imagine it's one of those things brought on by the whole Sex And The City style modern woman culture where the lady in the situation makes unreasonable demands, believing that to be the norm, while the guy feels he has to overextend to meet these unreasonable demands or the lady will leave and find someone who can, believing there's people out there who are actually like Mr. Big."
Ahh another fantastic "right on the money" post.

Ever noticed they way women demand equality in almost every aspect of life yet still expect the man to pay for the dates, know how to fix their car, etc?
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bullet_Jr
get2sammyb said:
Ever noticed they way women demand equality in almost every aspect of life yet still expect the man to pay for the dates, know how to fix their car, etc?"
Yes, I have noticed that.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By super_machine

I know its pretty stupid. But if you are in the situation where you have a wife or GF you pretty much have to do it.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By destro

get her some lingerie. its a win-win

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Jayge said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Yes because we live in a perfect world right?

@BoG- I thought the rules of the site included "don't be a dick", so why are you being a dick?

P.S: That would be punctuation, not spelling.
I couldn't resist Will."
Why would yes because we live in a a perfect world right be in " "? Its not an individual part of the message nor a seperate part.
As well - after bog doesn't matter since its not covered in correct writing since its a forum only creation the whole @ part of a reply created on forums when direct quotes did not exist and people wanted to reply to another inside one post instead of multiple, its the precursor to the forum quote.
Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Giantkitty

If V-Day wasn't bad enough, the card companies invented "Sweetest Day." If they thought it would work, there'd be a "Give your deaf Romanian aunt with Tourette's syndrome an expensive card and candy day"

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Osaladin
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Why do women in labor expect an epadoral?
lol thats about the jist of idioicy that questin put forth, its a holiday a holiday about romance and love between 2 people....thats all the answer you need."
The correct retort to your statement would be: "If you are truly in love, then you wouldn't need a holiday to tell you that you are in love, or remind you for that matter.""
yes because we live in a perfect world right?

@bog i thought the rules of the sight was not to be a dick, so why you being a dick?

P.S:thats That's would be punctuation not spelling."
I'm honestly very surprised to see you saying that. The perfect world bit.

Since when did people start looking at relationships as a burden? Obviously if your relationship is hell to you, you should get out of it and find someone who is better suited for you. But the notion that a great relationship with love everyday only belongs in perfect world is crazy.

Now that's not saying that I don't buy my girlfriend things on V-Day, I do, more out of tradition, and because she expects it, and I'm more than happy to give her a gift and take her out to an especially nice restaurant. That doesn't mean I have to agree with the "holiday', mostly because it's such a materialistic holiday as I said before and that really bothers me. When you think of the word holiday you should think of having fun and enjoying some quality time with people you care about, not "what the hell am I going to buy for my girlfriend."

Btw, those people who only buy shit for their girlfriends just to get something sexual out of it, you guys are morons. If you want to pay for sex, then go see a prostitute, if you want to pay for seeing her boobs, go to a strip club.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
lol thats about the jist of idioicy that questin put forth, its a holiday a holiday about romance and love between 2 people....thats all the answer you need."
The correct retort to your statement would be: "If you are truly in love, then you wouldn't need a holiday to tell you that you are in love, or remind you for that matter.""

@bog i thought the rules of the sight was not to be a dick, so why you being a dick?

Since when did people start looking at relationships as a burden? Obviously if your relationship is hell to you, you should get out of it and find someone who is better suited for you. But the notion that a great relationship with love everyday only belongs in perfect world is crazy.

Now that's not saying that I don't buy my girlfriend things on V-Day, I do, more out of tradition, and because she expects it, and I'm more than happy to give her a gift and take her out to an especially nice restaurant. That doesn't mean I have to agree with the "holiday', mostly because it's such a materialistic holiday as I said before and that really bothers me. When you think of the word holiday you should think of having fun and enjoying some quality time with people you care about, not "what the hell am I going to buy for my girlfriend."

Btw, those people who only buy shit for their girlfriends just to get something sexual out of it, you guys are morons. If you want to pay for sex, then go see a prostitute, if you want to pay for seeing her boobs, go to a strip club."
And it suprises me idealistic people like you somehow survive.

First off i have no relationship i swore off women long ago when the last one cheated on me like all the others.
But heres the deal Relationships that have 0 problems? never last never have never will.  Humanity need strife, they need violence, they need some dark impulse to go on if every thing was happy and cheery we wouldn't survive.

Perfection=not existance for if something is perfect it has no reason to exist beyond just existing and nothing that exists just exists because it exists, A relationship without some sort of problem is an empty relationship, Good cannot survive without evil and evil cannot survive without good, Existance/life is all about the struggle its not about the end result.

P.S: you should really stop acting holier then thou like you've never done any thing like buy something for someone or do something just because of the end result that you would get something in return, you aren't perfect and your far from good.

P.P.S:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentines_day
Like most holidays V day is made up and really in it end it has no other meaning except giving someone something because you hope they will love you.

P.P.P.S: why are you suprised to see ME saying that? you don't know me let alone know who i am or my physical attachments or mental or leanings towards love...ect so its no real suprise. Valentines day is far from pure, and infact the way humans are made makes it so there is no such thing as pure true love deep down your basic instincts are making you on a higher thought process give gifts in the hopes of love which on its basic level is the hopes of procreation.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By Snail

I always thought that you are a bit retarded but dude...

lvl10Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By lvl10Wizard

I'm not getting my girlfriend anything for valentine's day but we're going to go out of the city for the day and go for a walk in the countryside. It's nice to spend time together on that day and maybe do something you wouldn't normally do, you don't have to buy things.

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By rerty

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Osaladin
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

Btw, those people who only buy shit for their girlfriends just to get something sexual out of it, you guys are morons. If you want to pay for sex, then go see a prostitute, if you want to pay for seeing her boobs, go to a strip club."

First off i have no relationship i swore off women long ago when the last one cheated on me like all the others.
But heres the deal Relationships that have 0 problems? never last never have never will.  Humanity need strife, they need violence, they need some dark impulse to go on if every thing was happy and cheery we wouldn't survive.

Perfection=not existance for if something is perfect it has no reason to exist beyond just existing and nothing that exists just exists because it exists, A relationship without some sort of problem is an empty relationship, Good cannot survive without evil and evil cannot survive without good, Existance/life is all about the struggle its not about the end result.

P.S: you should really stop acting holier then thou like you've never done any thing like buy something for someone or do something just because of the end result that you would get something in return, you aren't perfect and your far from good.

Like most holidays V day is made up and really in it end it has no other meaning except giving someone something because you hope they will love you.

P.P.P.S: why are you suprised to see ME saying that? you don't know me let alone know who i am or my physical attachments or mental or leanings towards love...ect so its no real suprise. Valentines day is far from pure, and infact the way humans are made makes it so there is no such thing as pure true love deep down your basic instincts are making you on a higher thought process give gifts in the hopes of love which on its basic level is the hopes of procreation.
"
I'm just going to ignore everything you said, because you obviously didn't read what I wrote, and if you did, you didn't understand it.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Virago

Can I clear some things up for you?
1) Girls are (typically) in constant competition with other girls. So when you give her a gift, it's like a +1 for her.
2) Some girls are just really romantic and think it's an everlasting symbol of your undying love, so forgetting a gift is like a slap in the face.
3) Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:
"Osaladin said:
"WilliamRLBaker said:

"
I'm just going to ignore everything you said, because you obviously didn't read what I wrote, and if you did, you didn't understand it."

no your going to ignore me because you have no repsonse because what i say rings many notes true in your mind and you cant handle it.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Osaladin

Whatever you have to tell yourself to go to sleep at night guy.

WasteBasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WasteBasket

Well like most men we feel that if we pay a decent price on a gift, we feel we could override their sense of disgust enough that we might at least get to cop a feel.

Although my Valentines are usually spent by myself in front of a monitor with a trusty bottle of lotion, I realize that I am pathetic.

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The_Ish

I know. Why can't my hand shut up about it? Just blah blah blah take me out take me out take me out blah blah blah.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Milkman

Because that's the point of Valentine's Day?...

That's like saying "WHY DO THOSE STUPID KIDS EXPECT PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS?!"

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_Ish
Milkman said:
"Because that's the point of Valentine's Day?...

That's like saying "WHY DO THOSE STUPID KIDS EXPECT PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS?!""
Actually, the point of Christmas was to celebrate the birth of...

You know what? I don't care enough. FUCK YEAH SANTA.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By crunchUK

pmsl

become a gay if you dont want to spend any time with ur gf :S

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Ish
crunchUK said:
"pmsl

become a gay if you dont want to spend any time with ur gf :S"
Then he can spend time with his nagging boyfriend! :P
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76  Edited By Arkthemaniac

God, how did I miss this before . . .

Hey man, shit costs no money, and takes up relatively little space.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
CreamyGoodness said:
"ok honestly. Why is it that girlfriends, wives ect expect shit on valentines day. I already spend a shit load on my girlfriend. But really Valentines day sucks. Its not the money aspect, you just have to be all with them all day and stuff. I mean until night approaches, then valentines day dosn't suck anymore."
Well don't be surprised if you don't get laid or your gf/wife starts cheating on you later.  Me, I just toss a fish head down in the hole at the bottom of my basement.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By get2sammyb
A relationship without some sort of problem is an empty relationship

Much as I rarely agree with our WilliamRLWotsit on this site, I have to agree with that.

I've never been in a relationship where things have just worked and looking back on it now I often feel we created problems for ourselves.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheHBK

You answered your own question.  They expect something because they know we expect something, some serious fucking.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By crunchUK
The_Ish said:
"crunchUK said:
"pmsl

"
no they can sort out their frustrations with buttsecks
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By crunchUK
MrMuise said:
"Valentines day is stupid, I'm always romantic and very much in love with my girlfriend and both of us don't wait for a special day to show it we just always do and have for an extremely long time.

P.S. I just pooped and I feel gooooooooood"
think of the poor washing machine :(
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HandsomeDead
crunchUK said:
"The_Ish said:
"crunchUK said:
"pmsl

"
no they can sort out their frustrations with buttsecks"

I'd sort out that frustration, if you know what I mean.
I'd sort out that frustration, if you know what I mean.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By Karmum

You know something that is relatively cheap and always works? (because you appear to be a cheap fuck) How about you give them a dick in a box. They obviously don't want that diamond ring or new car! It is from your heart and not your wallet, so it is better.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By CreamyGoodness
Karmum said:
"You know something that is relatively cheap and always works? (because you appear to be a cheap fuck) How about you give them a dick in a box. They obviously don't want that diamond ring or new car! It is from your heart and not your wallet, so it is better."
holy shit great.MrMuise said:
"crunchUK said:
"MrMuise said:
"Valentines day is stupid, I'm always romantic and very much in love with my girlfriend and both of us don't wait for a special day to show it we just always do and have for an extremely long time.

P.S. I just pooped and I feel gooooooooood"
think of the poor washing machine :("
How did you know I pooped in the washing machine?"
hahaha
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By keyhunter

Tell that bitch to suck it or fuck it.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By bwooduhs
Megalon said:
"They expect things because they: a) have boobs, and b) know we want the boobs. "
Works for me.
CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By CreamyGoodness
bwooduhs said:
"Megalon said:
Works for me."
falso works for me. i want the boobies. besides i just spent 250 bucks on shit for her. i gave in to the valentines day ploy
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'll be surprised if you guys get anything with that attitude...

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#89  Edited By GamespotNoMore

it's a day for girls, I already spent over $100 on my girlfriend, they expect you to get them something and treat them like a princess that day (and every day) because they are humans and want respect

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By HandsomeDead
GamespotNoMore said:
"they expect you to get them something and treat them like a princess that day..."
Er...

GamespotNoMore said:
"...because they are humans and want respect"
...That's not respect.
Jesus_Juice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jesus_Juice

I know, I hate that too. You could always do what I do and break up with your girlfriend on the day before Valentine's day and then try to get back together on the day after. It works like a charm.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By psmgamer

Never had a girlfriend so I don't know why they want stuff on valentine's day. I think the most you should do instead of buying girlfriend a gift is to maybe spend the entire day with them instead

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Mercator
psmgamer said:
"Never had a girlfriend so I don't know why they want stuff on valentine's day. I think the most you should do instead of buying girlfriend a gift is to maybe spend the entire day with them instead"
You should work on that....its kinda nice.

I dont do anything for my wife on Valentine's Day....and we have gotten to the point where we do birthday and christmas gifts months in advance. After awhile you just start to realize that "special days" like that are pointless. If you want something buy it. This year she bought her November birthday present in July...and her Christmas gift in August...and didnt say anything when there wasnt more than a handful of small gifts under the tree on christmas morning.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I lost my virginity on Valentines day.

Valentines day will always be bittersweet to me.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

it christmas for relationships

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By lebkin
Mercator said:
I dont do anything for my wife on Valentine's Day....and we have gotten to the point where we do birthday and christmas gifts months in advance. After awhile you just start to realize that "special days" like that are pointless. If you want something buy it. This year she bought her November birthday present in July...and her Christmas gift in August...and didnt say anything when there wasnt more than a handful of small gifts under the tree on christmas morning."
People I know are always amazed that my wife and I don't give each other Christmas gifts.  I agree that waiting for "special days" is pointless.  If I want to buy my wife a gift, I do, regardless of the day (and she is free to do the same).  Random gifts mean far more than a contrived holiday like Valentine's Day, because they should you thought of them without any external prompting. 
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By GamespotNoMore

it's totally a day for girls but they deserve it....I don't expect anything back from my girlfriend this Valentine's Day, and most guys shouldn't expect to get as much as they give on this day

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By daniel_beck_90
HandsomeDead said:

GamespotNoMore said:
...That's not respect."
  But it shows love which is a form of respect !
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mike
GamespotNoMore said:
"it's totally a day for girls but they deserve it....I don't expect anything back from my girlfriend this Valentine's Day, and most guys shouldn't expect to get as much as they give on this day"

Why do girls deserve to be treated better than guys on Valentine's Day...if you treat your girlfriend different on February 14th, maybe you need to take a look at how you're treating her the rest of the year.  This whole holiday is pure nonsense.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By HandsomeDead
daniel_beck_90 said:
"HandsomeDead said:

GamespotNoMore said:
...That's not respect."
  But it shows love which is a form of respect !"
But surely it's not love or respect if it's basically owed and expected moreso than something actually special.