• 128 results
tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tbone81889

It's really a shame on how some schools have fallen into this level of stupidity,and the same goes for the police departments involved in them, but what they did to this 12 year old girl is inexcusable.  Seriously what happened to talking to students and actually teaching them about what is right and what is wrong? And what the hell happened to common sense of just making her clean up her mess?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Reminds me of a time when the police arrested a girl for "littering" one time. She just dropped a chip on the ground accidentally. : / It's really odd what people do sometimes.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

So when a 12 year old kid brings a gun to school and shoots up classmates and kids in the handicapped classes, should he be allowed in?  Or should we take on that zero tolerance approuch? 

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Hot_Karl

Zero tolerance is ok, but it seems that the people promoting it have no common sense whatsoever. She just doodled on her desk, and that's somehow a criminal offense? Make her get detention and clean it off or something. Ridiculous, I say.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon
@KaosAngel:
Please, read the damn article he linked to
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
@Driadon said:
" @KaosAngel: Please, read the damn article he linked to "
My bad, that link was tiny.  Didn't see it.  >.>

Don't link 3 letter words in the future...kinda hard to notice.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By Geno

" the seventh-grader was taken across the street to the police precinct."  

Well there's your problem. Who builds a junior high across the street from a police precinct? 

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FartyMcNarly

It isn't a school's job to teach kids right and wrong, that is the parents job! She was defacing property, the charges obviously wont stick because she's 12 but it will scare the shit out of her and maybe she'll stop drawing all over shit.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Icemael

That's messed up. I mean, a girl doodling on her bench? A trip to the principal's office would've been excessive. An arrest? That's borderline retarded.

tbone81889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tbone81889
@FartyMcNarly said:
" It isn't a school's job to teach kids right and wrong, that is the parents job! She was defacing property, the charges obviously wont stick because she's 12 but it will scare the shit out of her and maybe she'll stop drawing all over shit. "
I agree that it may not be their direct responsibility, but within this culture teachers and school administrators are supposed to be role models and they should make good, not necessarily great, judgments. I just hope that this does not have long-term psychological effects on her. 

@KaosAngel:

Sorry about that man.  I'll take note of it. 

Redux626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Redux626

What the hell?! ..Some one should be pressing charges in my opinion.. She was just doing what almost all 12 year old girls do ;/

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Icemael said:
" That's messed up. I mean, a girl doodling on her bench? A trip to the principal's office would've been excessive. An arrest? That's borderline retarded. "
Borderline? It is retarded. It's crap like this that makes me glad to be a misanthrope.
Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Dark_Jon

Its like that kid who got arrested for bringing that 2 inch gun. These principals are seriously retarded if they have to call the police for every incident that happens. It's THEIR job to handle it not the police.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Icemael
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Icemael said:
" That's messed up. I mean, a girl doodling on her bench? A trip to the principal's office would've been excessive. An arrest? That's borderline retarded. "
Borderline? It is retarded. It's crap like this that makes me glad to be a misanthrope. "
Borderline retarded as in "if it was a little bit less stupid, it would be retarded":)
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Icemael: 

Is that how it works? What the hell is above retarded? Super retard?
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

In highschool, my dad and his friends had shotguns in their trunks during hunting season.  Hell, thousands of people probably did that back then.  

Shows how fucked up the world is becoming.  A kid can't even have a letter opener now. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman

This is kinda messed up. I guess they wanted to make an example out of her.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@tbone81889: Teachers aren't taught out to be role models, they're taught how to teach and that's it. If you want teachers to raise your kids for you, then a teacher will probably take just as much school as a doctor and they will get paid just as much if not more because they're working with kids. Zero tolerance is there because teachers making choices got the teachers in trouble, it got the schools in trouble, and kid's would learn nothing. If the teacher of that 12 year old told her to go to the office and that child said "no" what do you think would happen? The teacher can not force the child to go to the office physically, that would be assault. The teacher can not let the kid continue to be a distraction in the class otherwise the rest of the kids won't learn anything and if the teacher lets the kid continue on destroying property because every other kid that is going to use the desk for the next, probably, 10+ years will have to deal with a shitty broken desk.

Calling the police to remove a child from the classroom is probably the best way to teach them a lesson about dealing with the consequences of your actions, which is what their parents should enforce when they get them home from the police station after their child has had some time to reflect. The parents should also get a bill for the replacement of that desk with a new one.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icemael
@Video_Game_King: I dunno. Imbecilic? 
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By JoelTGM

WOW that is horrible.  What happened to sitting down with the student after detention and going over the problem?  I've done way worse than doodle on a desk, and there were never any threats or police involved.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Jeust

"There is zero intelligence when you start applying zero tolerance across the board."    

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Evilsbane
@FartyMcNarly said:

" It isn't a school's job to teach kids right and wrong, that is the parents job! She was defacing property, the charges obviously wont stick because she's 12 but it will scare the shit out of her and maybe she'll stop drawing all over shit. "

(If you are being sarcastic sorry) 

If you seriously think arresting a 12 year old girl FOR WRITING ON A DESK ( Not "defacing property" don't try to make it sound important by using big words) than you need some serious help. 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Video_Game_King
@FartyMcNarly: 

There's so much wrong with that argument that I don't even know where to begin.

@Icemael:

Ooh, I know! Seth MacFarlane!
FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@Evilsbane: Ok, I'll spray paint your car and we can sit down and talk about it later.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By JoelTGM
@FartyMcNarly said:
" @tbone81889: Teachers aren't taught out to be role models, they're taught how to teach and that's it. If you want teachers to raise your kids for you, then a teacher will probably take just as much school as a doctor and they will get paid just as much if not more because they're working with kids. Zero tolerance is there because teachers making choices got the teachers in trouble, it got the schools in trouble, and kid's would learn nothing. If the teacher of that 12 year old told her to go to the office and that child said "no" what do you think would happen? The teacher can not force the child to go to the office physically, that would be assault. The teacher can not let the kid continue to be a distraction in the class otherwise the rest of the kids won't learn anything and if the teacher lets the kid continue on destroying property because every other kid that is going to use the desk for the next, probably, 10+ years will have to deal with a shitty broken desk. Calling the police to remove a child from the classroom is probably the best way to teach them a lesson about dealing with the consequences of your actions, which is what their parents should enforce when they get them home from the police station after their child has had some time to reflect. The parents should also get a bill for the replacement of that desk with a new one. "
I really doubt the kid's parents sat down with her after that to tell her how bad she had been, they probably explained to her that her teacher is an asshole. 
HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Good, teach them to hate cops while they're young.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Evilsbane
@FartyMcNarly said:

" @Evilsbane: Ok, I'll spray paint your car and we can sit down and talk about it later. "

Your comparing  you as an adult spray painting my car, to a 12 year old girl doodling on a desk. Yea..ok
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

She should be on death row.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax
@FartyMcNarly said:
" @Evilsbane: Ok, I'll spray paint your car and we can sit down and talk about it later. "
Put your head down and give up.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RsistncE
@FartyMcNarly said:
Are you honestly wanting everyone here to jump down your throat and tear apart your retarded arguments or are you just stupid?
FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@Evilsbane: By the time your 12, I would hope that you know that you shouldn't be drawing all over everything. Bad parents need to stop blaming other things because they didn't teach their kids properly, that kid should have known not to draw crap all over the desk but now she knows not to.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ryax

well im glad i never had to deal with that zero tolerance policy.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Evilsbane
@FartyMcNarly said:
" @Evilsbane: By the time your 12, I would hope that you know that you shouldn't be drawing all over everything. Bad parents need to stop blaming other things because they didn't teach their kids properly, that kid should have known not to draw crap all over the desk but now she knows not to. "
Your so full of it.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By natetodamax
@FartyMcNarly said:
" @Evilsbane: By the time your 12, I would hope that you know that you shouldn't be drawing all over everything. Bad parents need to stop blaming other things because they didn't teach their kids properly, that kid should have known not to draw crap all over the desk but now she knows not to. "
You're completely missing the point. This is not about the fact that she drew on a desk (which ALL kids do), it's the fact that she was arrested for doing so.
FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@Evilsbane: Well enjoy getting a call from the school and picking your kid up at jail because you failed to differentiate right and wrong.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Evilsbane
@FartyMcNarly said:
" @Evilsbane: Well enjoy getting a call from the school and picking your kid up at jail because you failed to differentiate right and wrong. "
HAHAHA Jesus dude you have got some serious issues, I would hate to be your child. You do understand we are talking about a Little girl being ARRESTED  A-R-R-E-S-T-E-D  By the COPS for an action that only needs you to make them clean it up and have extra homework. If she was acting crazy and slapping the teacher or resisting the cops than that is one thing, kids do stupid stuff they don't need to have jail time.
FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@natetodamax: Not all kids draw on desks, they tend to have lots of paper in front of them. Arrested because that is the policy, a policy that a teacher was following because that's their job. A policy that is there for a reason because way too many teachers have tried to be civil to a student only to be flat out ignored or even assaulted all the while being blamed for trying to maintain order in their classroom. A 12 year old girl could just as easily escalate to violence, and has, and the only thing that happens is that a teacher gets fired and the kid gets a slap on the wrist and attends a different school. A 12 year old shouldn't spend time in jail, obviously, and that 12 year old isn't going to be spending any time in jail and I would be surprised if she was even in a holding cell with anybody else. She will have no record because she is a minor and the only thing being arrested will do is underline the fact that she shouldn't be doing things that are very obviously wrong.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Whisperkill
@FartyMcNarly: Just stop, You're making yourself look like an idiot.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By MikkaQ

That's pretty messed up, I did waay worse things to desks back in my day. You know what they did to kids who wrote on desks then? They made them clean it up. 

Yeah. There you go. A reasonable punishment. It teaches you that you gotta fess up to your mistakes and fix 'em.  Also I wrote in fucking white-out, that was impossible to fully remove.  

This is also why I never trust the police, under any circumstances, ever. There's crime everywhere, and these guys are dicking around with schoolchildren? Yeah I'm not holding my breath next time I need help from the cops. It also would remove any guilt from tax evading, if I ever chose to do so. I'm not gonna pay to get kids jerked around. Such a waste of time.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@Evilsbane: She's a minor, she isn't going to get jail time. She most likely sat in an office with an officer that was filling out paperwork if nobody was home at the time the police picked her up.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Oh my god, an internet argument.  Take your hands off your holsters folks.  We don't want another Civil War.    

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Capum15
@FartyMcNarly: You are one cold motherfucker.

Well, at least that's the vibe I'm getting.

Just note that I'm not saying you're wrong. According to the rules, you're right, but still. Like Ice baby, cold as Ice.
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Famov

I generally agree that this was excessive to the point of absurdity, enough so that I wonder if something has been left out. 

@natetodamax said:

This is not about the fact that she drew on a desk (which ALL kids do)

This is not true. I would never have done so, just as I did not draw in any of the books I didn't own, and I took care of the locker that was only temporarily mine to use. Twelve is old enough to understand that they should respect property that does not belong to them.

Not that I want to sound like I'm defending what was clearly a breach in rationality on the part of the principle. I would have instead opted to give her a warning, implying that further transgressions will lead to a fate worse than death (otherwise known as cleaning gum off of desks). If that doesn't change her behavior, nothing will.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44  Edited By wefwefasdf

That is so dumb. While she shouldn't have doodled on it... seriously? The punishment should fit the crime. Just tell the parents or something.

On another note. I was confused two years ago when I couldn't buy glue at Wal-Mart.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iam3green

really stupid! doodling is something that ur suppose to do during class. it is something that i like to look at during classes in high school and middle school. 

if u read the article down a little there was a  thing saying that somewhere kids who come in school late get a $250 fine... kind of over aggressive to do that. 

what is the world coming to. stupid laws that happen. back in the day people probably carried hand guns to school.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Evilsbane
@FartyMcNarly said:
" @Evilsbane: She's a minor, she isn't going to get jail time. She most likely sat in an office with an officer that was filling out paperwork if nobody was home at the time the police picked her up. "
All that was accomplished here was a bunch of adults scared a 12 year girl for no good reason other than to enforce a idiotic policy that could have easily been handled by a week of extra homework.
Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bwast

Only in Obama's America.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FartyMcNarly
@Evilsbane: The child doesn't do the extra homework, do you give the kid a lower grade because they didn't do work that wasn't assigned to the rest of the class? Do you want to deal with the parents telling you to change their grade to what it should be because you're now fucking up the kids chances at college/university because of how you think the child should be punished instead of the parents? The police removed the kid from the class, a teacher is not physically allowed to remove a child from class because it is assault on a minor. The child's parents can deal with the child as they see fit, the child's grade stay the same and their educational future is unaffected. Yeah, the 12 year old was scared as a 12 year old doing things they shouldn't should be.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

LOL wow farty you really are STUPID.
so lets get this straight...a 12 year old girl that drew on a desk with a marker which could easily be cleaned up with a wet wash rag for the measely price and time of...0 cents...or we can arrest her and spend who knows how long dealing with the other kids that are affected by a police officer being in the class, children talking about the girl calling her names, the time the police wasted on this instead of arresting...you know...CRIMINALS, and how much money was wasted in paper work and time?
hmmm?

nothing you reply with to me or any one in this thread is logical or right, its only ever been you being a dick.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Evilsbane
@FartyMcNarly: I am using that as an example you ignorant ass, if she had a history of being problematic, or did anything beyond writing on her desk than the action would have made some sense. But from the story we have been presented this is a little girl with no prior record, writes on a desk and gets the cops called, if she had done it repeatedly or did it out of malice than I can understand the action, but this was a innocent action with no malcontent behind it, She wrote she loved her Best friends for christ sake.

SO tell me does it piss you off when all the who's down in Whoville get toys as well?