• 76 results
#1 Posted by Blackout62 (1338 posts) -

As the title says start racking off characters you think should be in the next Poker Night.

There is one character above all else that would stagger me in awe if Telltale were to get:

James Bond.

Who better in a poker tournament than the guy who took down a terrorist with baccarat. Activision has the Bond license, right? Yeah, they probably wouldn't allow it. Shame, I bet EA would if they still had the license.

#2 Posted by BisonHero (6440 posts) -

Steven Heck from Alpha Protocol would be FUCKING AMAZING in a future Poker Night game, aside from the part where it would be terrible cross-promotion because that series is dead.

#3 Edited by ShaggE (6419 posts) -

Your avatar reminds me: I'd like to see Scott Pilgrim in PN3. I know BLOM shot down the idea of Telltale doing a Scott Pilgrim game, but that could be a nice compromise.

Wallace (of Wallace & Gromit) would be interesting, if they still hold that license. Don't think Aardman would allow him in an M-rated game, though.

Francis (or maybe Ellis) from L4D, for the Valve cameo du jour.

And, of course, the necessary Sam & Max character: Bosco.

I do think a third game would need more than four characters, though. That way you can pick and mix your opponents, working as a difficulty selection as well as a sequel-worthy boost in content, as all characters would have unique interactions with all other characters. Nothing crazy, even just six would do.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14764 posts) -

Duh, the Timetrotters.

#5 Edited by StarvingGamer (8148 posts) -
#6 Posted by BisonHero (6440 posts) -

Also HK-47, if you can somehow get the original BioWare writer to vet all the lines, because KotOR had really solid character writing.

#7 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Big Bo from Binary Domain, anyone (Juggernaut) from Dota 2, Dante from DmC and that guy from XCOM Enemy Unknown that says "We will be watching commander" or the German doctor

#8 Edited by Demoskinos (14764 posts) -

@starvinggamer: Oh god Juliet would be great but only if she still had Nick as she is only really funny when she plays off Nick.

#9 Posted by Blackout62 (1338 posts) -

Big Bo from Binary Domain, anyone (Juggernaut) from Dota 2, Dante from DmC and that guy from XCOM Enemy Unknown that says "We will be watching commander" or the German doctor

Oh man! He would be the perfect dealer.

#10 Edited by StarvingGamer (8148 posts) -
#11 Posted by Blackout62 (1338 posts) -
#12 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Give the Star Trek license to Telltale, Poker Night on the Enterprise-D.

The second best Jonathan Frakes poker game.

#13 Edited by StarvingGamer (8148 posts) -
#14 Posted by Pudge (883 posts) -

@blackout62: Didn't Activision lose the Bond license this year? They took all of them off of Steam at some point, I think that's what that means.

As long as we're throwing out dream characters, I'd love for them to get Jack Black to come in and do Eddie Riggs again. I figure they'll never do another Brutal Legend, so it would be nice to see the character come back.

#15 Posted by Blackout62 (1338 posts) -

@pudge: Checked Wikipedia, they don't have it any more. Time for Telltale to put that Walking Dead money to the best use.

#16 Posted by Levius (1108 posts) -
#17 Edited by audioBusting (1506 posts) -
#18 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Brucie needs to be in one of these shits

#19 Edited by Kidavenger (3530 posts) -

Jeff goldblum

#20 Posted by geirr (2529 posts) -

Gabe Newell, Jeff Gerstmann, Peter Molyneux and Swery69

#21 Posted by AziMuttyo (82 posts) -

Jim Sterling, Yahtzee, Ashens and Guru Larru

#22 Edited by Dalai (7017 posts) -

Let me try this.

• Marty McFly
  • Guybrush Threepwood
  • Booker DeWitt
  • Space Ghost

And just to create controversy, Tiny Tina is the dealer.

#23 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Hmm, good question.

• Pyro (the conversations are kinda dependant on the responses from the other players)
  • Sonic
  • Wilson
  • Bosco (and everytime you play a new game he's in a new disguise!)

I would like to see it have a lot more characters though if a 3rd game was ever to be made.
Just get the rights to use a bunch characters and have them be randomzied instead of this 4 character BS

#24 Posted by BisonHero (6440 posts) -

I would like to see it have a lot more characters though if a 3rd game was ever to be made.

Just get the rights to use a bunch characters and have them be randomzied instead of this 4 character BS

People already complain about the dialogue repeating too much. I can only imagine how much of an issue that would become if there were even more characters per game.

#25 Posted by DarkShaper (1325 posts) -
#26 Posted by Cretaceous_Bob (506 posts) -

Andrew Ryan

San Andreas's The Truth

Tychus Findlay

Dr. Caligosto Loboto

#27 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I just want Kanji from Persona 4 telling people to get bent every time he loses a hand.

#28 Edited by Snail (8594 posts) -
  • Solid Snake
  • Booker DeWitt
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Ryan Davis

Look how many demographics this targets.

#29 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@zeforgotten said:

People already complain about the dialogue repeating too much. I can only imagine how much of an issue that would become if there were even more characters per game.

If they were doing it right they would record more conversations and there would also have to be way more conversations due to the amount of characters in the game.
It's not all black and white, think outside the box! Go nuts with it.
Telltale have a good idea of how dialogue works at least, they could do it. Now they just kinda need to get the Gameplay part down as well and it could be good!

#30 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -
#31 Edited by Irvandus (2877 posts) -
  • Kanji
  • Wrex
  • Guybrush Threepwood
  • Big Boss
#32 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

Scorpion, Vaas, Nathan Explosion, and legendary film director Francis Ford Coppola.

#33 Posted by FateOfNever (1830 posts) -
  • Sterling Archer
  • Coach McGuirk
  • Christ Metzen
  • Bastion Narrator
#34 Edited by Animasta (14673 posts) -

Solaire of Astora

#35 Edited by KaneRobot (1541 posts) -

Oh, the interaction that could be had between these characters. This was the favorite platform-neutral lineup (ie no Master Chief or Nathan Drake) I came up with:

*Space Ghost

*Zimos (Saint's Row 3 auto-tuned pimp)

*Sonic the Hedgehog

*Shao Kahn (only if he has the Steve Ritchie MK2-era voice, though)

I thought GLaDOS as dealer worked well, so bring that back.

#36 Edited by pyromagnestir (4296 posts) -

One character I'd like to see show up would be Captain Martin Walker (in full on PTSD mode).

Actually I would kind of like if it was possible to do a version of this for a whole bunch of franchises. How about Mass Effect, poker night on the bridge? Or Bioshock, you don't want to play poker against Andrew Ryan, the Luttece's, Booker, and Songbird? Or Grand Theft Auto? Fuck it let's have a Saint's Row one, and have chess involved too! I like poker and I like excuses to listen to funny dialogue. Let's do this!

#37 Posted by Zuldim (288 posts) -

Bill (L4D)
The Milkman (Psychonauts)
Garrus, Tali, Mordin, Wrex... Pretty much any of the cool characters from Mass Effect (Mass Effect)
Kenny (The Walking Dead)

I agree with the idea that the guy who says "Commander" in XCOM should be the dealer.

#38 Posted by BBAlpert (1442 posts) -

Vinny

: )

#39 Edited by Yummylee (21502 posts) -
  • Frank West
  • Damon Baird
  • Max Payne
  • Victor Sullivan
  • Resident Evil 4 Merchant as the dealer.

All the snark, all the sleaze! Such a cast including both Sully and Baird would never happen of course, but as a video game dream team poker line up that's what I got.

#40 Posted by BeachThunder (11834 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

Vinny

Someone really needs to make a GB Multimedia Celebrity Poker game.

#41 Posted by Yummylee (21502 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

Vinny

Someone really needs to make a GB Multimedia Celebrity Poker game.

That guy who made the fantastic Giant Bomb fighting game really oughta get on that!

#42 Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6154 posts) -

I'm all for Bosco being in the next game. Same with the nominations for Marty McFly. The guy who voiced him in the Telltale games did a great job.

#43 Edited by Butano (1731 posts) -
#44 Edited by Darkstalker (893 posts) -

I hope you mean brave and the bold aquaman because if you do i couldn't agree more

#45 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -
#46 Edited by gaminghooligan (1435 posts) -
#47 Posted by medacris (648 posts) -

Someone from Double Fine, particularly any character created by Ron Gilbert and/or Tim Schafer.

Many of the TTG staff is ex-LucasArts, and a re-uniting of the staff is just what we need in the wake of its loss.

#48 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11624 posts) -
  • Clementine
  • Sterling Archer
  • Plato
  • The Spy

Combining random, nonsensical character choices with the opportunity for Archer to talk trash about the cave analogy and bad spy players in TF2. Or something.

#49 Edited by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -
#50 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4199 posts) -

Master Chef. Max Scoville. Zombie from SR3.