Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Learn how to play

Maskero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Maskero

You know im sick and tired of playing this game on XBL and I keep joining these games where it seems these people do not how to f****** play.
    A few examples of what I mean
    1. Okay first you got these people who always run off and dont wait for the freaking group and they end up dying and they expect to get healed I mean cmon it says very  clearly at the start of each round STAY TOGETHER TO SURVIVE what is so hard about that these also applys to the people who lag behind which is even more annoying I swear to god I was playing a game and these dumb ass kept falling through the same hole in the floor like I was amazed how many time these dude feel through the hole he finally got pinned down by a hunter and we all just left him to die cause it was a freaking retard.

2. Also wasup with the support I mean I swear to god most of these people on XBL are retarted you can be pinned down right in front of them having your whole life bar drained and they still wont do anything I was constricted by a smoker and I was there hanging mind you not out of sight but the fucking genius who was playing bill at the time decided to go around me like 4 times before I finally died and FYI there were no zombies around.... *sigh*

3. These are the worst of the worst here  I especially I hate the people who join a game and the whole time is friendly fire like its funny WHAT IS FUNNY ABOUT THAT SERIOUSLY there thousands of zombies to kill stop fucking it all up for all of us its not cool and its quite annoying

If any of what I listed above descirbe you please stop playing You suck and your messing it up for the rest of us thank you for reading my rant.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

You need to chill

Niche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Niche

It's only to be expected if you play with random people. Playing L4D with friends makes the game much more enjoyable.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Just don't play with random people on live. Play with people you know.

Maskero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Maskero

I guess but honestly I was just thinking about switching to Pc from my personal experience people who play L4D on PC seem to do a way better job then these people on XBL I just dont get it I mean the game is so easy stay together to survive thats it , thats the only rule you need to follow I dont get it.... man.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

Players on l4D on PC are definitely far better than ones on XBL generally since its got a much larger community. You'll still run into plenty of people who suck there too, just less than on XBL.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

You should rank up to get better pl- oh w8...... LOL

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PureRok

Your mistake is playing it on the 360. This isn't being a fanboy, it's just the truth.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    PureRok said:
    "Your mistake is playing it on the 360. This isn't being a fanboy, it's just the truth."
    plenty of people know how to play on the xbox

also ive played both Pc and xbox versions and theres a fare share of crappy people on both... Fanboy...
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PureRok
    ZombieHunter said:
    "PureRok said:
    "Your mistake is playing it on the 360. This isn't being a fanboy, it's just the truth."
    plenty of people know how to play on the xbox

also ive played both Pc and xbox versions and theres a fare share of crappy people on both... Fanboy...
    "
    No, the PC version is superior since Valve is a PC developer. That's a fact, whether you like it or not. I wasn't even referring to the people playing, but to the game itself. I wouldn't have even posted again except for your fanboy comment at the end.

Also, I'm not a fanboy as you can tell by my grey name and how my profile says "Neutral".
    Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Brundage
    Maskero said:
    "people who play L4D on PC seem to do a way better job then these people on XBL
    lol, you think?
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrGetBonus
    PureRok said:
    This.

PureRok
    said:
    "Also, I'm not a fanboy as you can tell by my grey name and how my profile says "Neutral"."
    Also, this kinda made me lol.
    Ryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ryu

Friendly fire is always funny.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Expletive

learn how to use punctuation marks

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zityz

Yea I play the PC version and I haven't run into as much trouble. The odd dingbat every now and then but he gets kicked before too long anyway.

I do love the people however who think theyre captain commando and try to run off by themselves. then after they die they're all like WAHHH you never helped me. Then everyone laughs.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By mracoon

For me on the PC I only really had problem with bad players when the game was first released, and that is understandable as everyone's new. Since then everybody generally plays quite decently and understands that you have to work as a team or you will fail.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Red

That's Xbox Live for ya.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pause422
    Fragstoff said:
    "what do you expect , your playing it on Xbox!
    but i know what you mean, PC is brutal for that too, They should lock versus
    at least until the person beats all 4 campaigns on normal mode.
    "
    Uh..no, they shouldn't. That's one of the worst ways anyone can ever go about doing something, locking modes until others are done first....no one ever praises that kind of shit, everyone hates it.
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

The players on Steam are generally maturer gamers and most of the problems don't exist as much.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By teh_destroyer
    expletive said:
    "learn how to use punctuation marks"
    and spell check.............
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Alexander
    MattyFTM said:
    "Just don't play with random people on live. Play with people you know."
    Exactly, like with any game that requires cooperation.
    laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By laticsfan
    Maskero said:
    "You know im sick and tired of playing this game on XBL and I keep joining these games where it seems these people do not how to f****** play.A few examples of what I mean1. Okay first you got these people who always run off and dont wait for the freaking group and they end up dying and they expect to get healed I mean cmon it says very  clearly at the start of each round STAY TOGETHER TO SURVIVE what is so hard about that these also applys to the people who lag behind which is even more annoying I swear to god I was playing a game and these dumb ass kept falling through the same hole in the floor like I was amazed how many time these dude feel through the hole he finally got pinned down by a hunter and we all just left him to die cause it was a freaking retard.2. Also wasup with the support I mean I swear to god most of these people on XBL are retarted you can be pinned down right in front of them having your whole life bar drained and they still wont do anything I was constricted by a smoker and I was there hanging mind you not out of sight but the fucking genius who was playing bill at the time decided to go around me like 4 times before I finally died and FYI there were no zombies around.... *sigh*3. These are the worst of the worst here  I especially I hate the people who join a game and the whole time is friendly fire like its funny WHAT IS FUNNY ABOUT THAT SERIOUSLY there thousands of zombies to kill stop fucking it all up for all of us its not cool and its quite annoyingIf any of what I listed above descirbe you please stop playing You suck and your messing it up for the rest of us thank you for reading my rant."
    Learn how not to be a whiney bitch.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#23  Edited By EpicSteve

That's the reality of playing on LIVE. I will back you up by saying Left 4 Dead does seem to suffer more from "crappy players" than most other online game. However, that's probably testiment to the co-op nature of the game.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By REDRUN

@Maskero your XBL gamertag's achievements says different

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Captain_Fookup
    REDRUN said:
    "@Maskero your XBL gamertag's achievements says different"
    No shit, the guy hasn't even beaten Dead Air haha.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "REDRUN said:
    "
    wow what a hypocrite 
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Captain_Fookup
    ZombieHunter said:
    "Captain_Fookup said:
    "REDRUN said:
    "
    wow what a hypocrite 
    "
    I've only got four more achievements remaining in Left 4 Dead;  3/4s done Zombie Genocidest, I need to beat No Mercy on Expert for What Are You Trying to Prove?, and nowhere near getting Nothing Special/Stomach Upset. Perhaps I still have my achievements set to friends only, would you like me to make them available to everyone so you can stop rubbing your e-penis?
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i now realize what you were talking about and 

i wasn't referring to you Captain i was referring to Maskero
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By mordecaix7
    MattyFTM said:
    "Just don't play with random people on live. Play with people you know."
    None of my friends have it which is why I eventually sold it.  Tired of playing with random people on XBL as well.
    RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RandomHero666
    Maskero said:
    Okay first you got these people who always run off and dont wait for the freaking group and they end up dying and they expect to get healed I mean cmon it says very  clearly at the start of each round STAY TOGETHER TO SURVIVE what is so hard about that these also applys to the people who lag behind which is even more annoying I swear to god I was playing a game and these dumb ass kept falling through the same hole in the floor like I was amazed how many time these dude feel through the hole he finally got pinned down by a hunter and we all just left him to die cause it was a freaking retard.
     YOU WIN LONGEST SENTENCE OF THE MONTH AWARD.

Some truth though, when i play i command people to stay in pairs at least, and even then, for the pairs to not get too far apart in case of a Double team attack.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fallen189

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By TheKidNixon
    PureRok said:
    ZombieHunter said: "PureRok said: "Your mistake is playing it on the 360. This isn't being a fanboy, it's just the ... [more]
    For most Valve releases I would agree with you; this is certainly the case with TF2, where Valve abandoned the 360 and PS3 user base ages ago. However, they actually developed L4D to have as equal a player experience on console as on PC. That's why the 360 gets the same updates as the PC version; its also why the servers are better. Also, L4D has a huge 360 following, and several people who specializing playing that version. The two versions were developed in tandem, not on one side and then ported over.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#33  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

"2. Also wasup with the support I mean I swear to god most of these people on XBL are retarted you can be pinned down right in front of them having your whole life bar drained and they still wont do anything I was constricted by a smoker and I was there hanging mind you not out of sight but the fucking genius who was playing bill at the time decided to go around me like 4 times before I finally died and FYI there were no zombies around...."

First, perhaps the individuals are new to the game and haven't gotten their feet wet in the multiplayer aspects.  There's a ton of douche-baggery in every multiplayer game, but you can't expect everyone to come into a multiplayer game with enough knowledge to be a pro right off the bat.

Second, I really find it amusing when people use such horrible grammar and spelling ("retarted" was the icing on the cake) while accusing other people of being stupid.  If you're going to make broad accusations and level complaints against the general populace of a game's multiplayer, be prepared to take it (and ourself) a little more lightly.  These are games - not actual missions into the heart of Zombieville.  Xbox Live has a few features that make it easy to note the terrible players and avoid them in the future.  Use those tools - and please, take it easy, huh?  These things are supposed to be fun.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60

Calm yourself.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Captain_Fookup
    ZombieHunterOG said:
    i now realize what you were talking about and i wasn't referring to you Captain i was referring to Maskero
    Ah my bad guy, I totally assumed you were stepping on my e-peen.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#36  Edited By natetodamax

It's a video game.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Commas are your friend.

As for your "inconveniences," just play with some friends. If you don't have any, well, I wouldn't be surprised do to your behavior.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shocker

I've never played with random people, because obviously all of the things you listed will happen. That is why I only play with my friends.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pause422

They're all wrong too.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Diamond

You think there's that many people that couldn't handle normal?  It's pathetically easy for me to SOLO normal...

Locking out the only fun mode in L4D until you beat other parts of the game would be extremely lame and stupid.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By JJOR64
    MattyFTM said:
    Just don't play with random people on live. Play with people you know.
    I totally agree with you.  There are people who just run ahead and don't care about the others.
    Centurion11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By Centurion11

I think that you need to find some people at your 'level of expertize' if you are that annoyed about it. Stop playing with newbies.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By DrRandle

Better yet: Instead of being a total XBL jackass, why don't you take a few deep breaths and remember that it's just a game. Maybe then you'd have a few friends who played the game like you with you.

Besides you should have known better and gotten it on PC. For one, it's cheaper. After what happened with TF2, it would have been safer (Though fortunately that went over well.) Finally, the degree of intelligence is significantly higher on PC for whatever reason.

Friggen rage quitters.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By DrRandle

Better yet: Instead of being a total XBL jackass, why don't you take a few deep breaths and remember that it's just a game. Maybe then you'd have a few friends who played the game like you with you.

Besides you should have known better and gotten it on PC. For one, it's cheaper. After what happened with TF2, it would have been safer (Though fortunately that went over well.) Finally, the degree of intelligence is significantly higher on PC for whatever reason.

Friggen rage quitters.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pause422

Exactly. I am right, as are anyone that agrees with it. Developers have locked off certain modes of their games before until others were completely, and its never anything but negative feedback for them and a bad feature. It hardly matters what anyone thinks though, Valve would never do something like this so it doesn't matter.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AngeTheDude

I guess all I can say is XBL...

XBL...

XBL...

*is strangled by Bill Gates through a mirror*
    richardnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By richardnixon

Learn how to shut up.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#48  Edited By natetodamax

Also, if you want to complain and rant about a game, go to GameFAQs. We're all pretty chill here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.