Stacking: The Contest: The Winners: The News Post

• 116 results
Posted by Brad (3263 posts) -

Last Friday, I asked the budding digital artists among you to whip up some fancy Russian nesting doll-related imagery for your chance to win one of 10 vouchers for Double Fine's latest lovely laugh riot Stacking. And man oh man did you deliver. There's so much talent in our li'l community it brings a tear to my eye. It's almost like some of you are professional artists or something!

It was so hard to choose these winners, I can't even tell you. It was heart wrenching. But chosen them I have, and here they are. Winners, look for your codes via PM soon, and thanks to everyone who participated!

coldmilk
Clearly this gentleman knows that you always fight Air Man first. Don't ask how I know that.

boylie
Cardboard-box nesting doll might be the best thing in this whole contest. 

== TEASER ==
h0lgr
Would have been better if the plasma cutter was splitting the necro-doll around its seam, but the amount of detail on that mining suit doll is great.

helveticahero
I'm sensing some Double Fine/Capcom t-shirt design brand synergy potential with this one. Fantastic work.

Ferco
This guy scored points for working in a fairly unusual medium.

GreyColor
I think you'll all agree it's the spine that really makes this one.

cookiesforbreakfast
Ezio doll inside Desmond doll is just too good a concept to ignore.

soupbones
I like the sort of tartan background pattern. Also, that's exactly how a metroid would eat you in real life! You know, because metroids are really real and everything.

BluSteele
I kinda wish these guys stacked in the order you fight them, but having Bison levitating and the expressions on their faces really make this one.

Theory
My personal bias aside, the amount of detail in this image is just stunning. Dude, I'm pretty sure the amount of your time you put into this is worth more than $15. Check out the high-res version for the full effect. That giant colossus doll is crazy!

#1 Posted by Brad (3263 posts) -

Last Friday, I asked the budding digital artists among you to whip up some fancy Russian nesting doll-related imagery for your chance to win one of 10 vouchers for Double Fine's latest lovely laugh riot Stacking. And man oh man did you deliver. There's so much talent in our li'l community it brings a tear to my eye. It's almost like some of you are professional artists or something!

It was so hard to choose these winners, I can't even tell you. It was heart wrenching. But chosen them I have, and here they are. Winners, look for your codes via PM soon, and thanks to everyone who participated!

coldmilk
Clearly this gentleman knows that you always fight Air Man first. Don't ask how I know that.

boylie
Cardboard-box nesting doll might be the best thing in this whole contest. 

== TEASER ==
h0lgr
Would have been better if the plasma cutter was splitting the necro-doll around its seam, but the amount of detail on that mining suit doll is great.

helveticahero
I'm sensing some Double Fine/Capcom t-shirt design brand synergy potential with this one. Fantastic work.

Ferco
This guy scored points for working in a fairly unusual medium.

GreyColor
I think you'll all agree it's the spine that really makes this one.

cookiesforbreakfast
Ezio doll inside Desmond doll is just too good a concept to ignore.

soupbones
I like the sort of tartan background pattern. Also, that's exactly how a metroid would eat you in real life! You know, because metroids are really real and everything.

BluSteele
I kinda wish these guys stacked in the order you fight them, but having Bison levitating and the expressions on their faces really make this one.

Theory
My personal bias aside, the amount of detail in this image is just stunning. Dude, I'm pretty sure the amount of your time you put into this is worth more than $15. Check out the high-res version for the full effect. That giant colossus doll is crazy!

#2 Edited by claudius (185 posts) -

Oh no I didn't win 

edit: holy shit that Starcraft one is great

#3 Edited by Sneakybadger (226 posts) -

WOOP 

edit : I despise this quest

#4 Edited by walterkovacsv (94 posts) -

third

#5 Posted by Mento (2736 posts) -

Great job guys.

#6 Posted by Van (21 posts) -

Like the DS2 one.

#7 Edited by Hutzebraedl (40 posts) -

Congratz everyone! Great picks.

#8 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5457 posts) -

These are great! Congrats to all the winners.

#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5712 posts) -

Awww, I thought I had a shot. Congratulations guys!

#10 Posted by Soap (3631 posts) -

Damn, apparently I should of entered, would totally of won :)  

Jks, well done to all involved. That was a fun topic to look through hopefully GB will do more creative comps.

#11 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Fuuuuck those are good. I was too lazy to go through each page to look at them all but good picks for sure.  Mortal Kombat, Ryu, and MGS are my favorites.

#12 Posted by Ferco (32 posts) -

Yay I entered a contest and didn't lose.

#13 Posted by SSully (4277 posts) -

Wow that last one is amazing. Very impressive. 

The rest are excellent as well, congrats everyone!

#14 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

Most of my favorite ones won. People are a lot more artistic than I am!

#15 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

These are all pretty great. Especially like the MK, AC and MGS ones.

#16 Posted by normal (70 posts) -

It's hard to feel bad losing to these cause they all did a good job. Fun contest.

#17 Posted by elephantjewls (25 posts) -

wish I had had time to submit something. but with having a job where I work weekends...

#18 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -

I liked the other Dead Space one better, the one where he actually shoots the necrodoll in half. Oh well. These are still awesome!

#19 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

All of them are absolutely fantastic, but the MK one has to be my favorite. 

#20 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

These are all pretty cool :) 

Congrats

#21 Posted by b00tableByte (20 posts) -

These are quite impressive, some of the concepts are just brilliant.  
Congrats to the winners!

#22 Posted by Winsord (1286 posts) -

Congrats everyone who won!

#23 Posted by buhssuht (438 posts) -

congrats to all winners  
really impressive

#24 Posted by Sergotron (503 posts) -

Congrats to all these winners.  

There were so many great entry's that I do not even feel remotely bad for losing. I would love to see more contest like this for future GB promotions.

#25 Posted by Daikonqueroar (37 posts) -

all great entries, i actually glad mine didnt wint because i didnt realize playstation plus members already got it for free. also apparently i cant capitalize or use certain punctuations when posting from my phone... ah well. good job everyone, exclamation point.

#26 Posted by Panpipe (475 posts) -

Congrats everyone. 

Glad to finally get some resolution, even if I didn't make the cut, I was on tenterhooks for 2 days, heh.

#27 Posted by SuperJoe (896 posts) -

These are all great!  Too bad the Assuming Direct Control one didn't win.  That was one of my favorites.

#28 Posted by Sveppi (129 posts) -

Bravo, congratulations :)

#29 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

These are all really impressive.

#30 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Round of applause for you all.

#31 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (449 posts) -

It took me about two seconds of browsing the thread before I realized that I shouldn't even bother with this contest.  Congrats to the winners.

#32 Edited by KnifeySpoony (1167 posts) -
They're all great entries, congrats guys! I really like the hadouken and mortal kombat ones. 
@SuperJoe: I agree, assuming direct control was great.
#33 Posted by deathstroke75 (275 posts) -

those are all great pieces of work.  congrats to all winners!

#34 Posted by guthwulf (252 posts) -

Wow. Those are awesome. Great work guys.

#35 Edited by Moth_Pope (457 posts) -

Well done to the winners! Some of my personal favourites aren't there sadly (really liked the VATS one), but good picks nonetheless for sure. All amazing work here. That Ryu one is great on an artistic level and I like the MGS one a lot.

I'd also like to see more competitions like this. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

#36 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Amazing work! Congratulations, guys :)

#37 Posted by Jimbo (9937 posts) -

Amazing work.  

Ryu is probably my favourite design, but the AC concept is genius.

#38 Posted by mustachioeugene (520 posts) -

great work all, congrats to the winners.

#39 Posted by coonce (1429 posts) -

these are amazing. i <3 gb.

#40 Edited by Crushed (884 posts) -

Pffft, what a MM2 scrub. It's Metal Man first.
#41 Posted by UberExplodey (949 posts) -

More art contests!!!

#42 Posted by FesteringNeon (2165 posts) -

Man those are all really polished and well done. Congrats everyone!

#43 Posted by NewDust (83 posts) -

That Mortal Kombat one is amazing!

#44 Posted by MeatSim (10927 posts) -

I wish I had artistic talent.

#45 Posted by Lelcar (745 posts) -

These are awesome!

#46 Posted by carlthenimrod (1597 posts) -

Congrats to winners! Much deserved.

#47 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Great!

#48 Posted by MisterMouse (3563 posts) -

congratulations to everyone!

#49 Posted by RampageAssassin (427 posts) -

Awesome stuff but my faves are the Ryu and Dead Space ones.

#50 Posted by JoeRosa (89 posts) -

That was one amazing contest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.