Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Treasure Hunt Promotion, win 100 games

• 179 results
    CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By CharlieTuna

Chime is awesome, seriously. €1 for a damn gem of a game, pick it even if you don't care about this treasure hunt.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Geno
    @Hunkulese said:
    " @phrosnite said:
    " This is bullpoo. Steam fails imo. They gave away 750 games during Thanks Giving and now with this they will give away 100 to 3 people and 5 to 35 people. Overall 1225 games... This is pathetic. D2D already gave away over 2800 games and their thing continues until 31st. Not to mention that Steam has a lot more customers than D2D which makes the chances of winning very, very, very... actually the chances are 0! No thank you. I will just wait for the christmas sale. I don't care for your "contests". "
    ...   In what kind of fucked up world do you live in when a retailer gives away 1000+ free games and you think it's pathetic. How many free games is Best Buy giving away in the next 2 weeks? You also don't have to buy a thing and you can win a 100 new games. Yeah that's pathetic. Shame on steam for giving away free games. "
    In a world where people feel entitled as hell for doing nothing. 
    Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53  Edited By Levio
    @Winternet said:
    " @Levio said:
    " So, if you want to get the best TF2 hat, prepare to buy about 20 games.

: )

EDIT: Oh btw, you know how you gotta log on the 20th to enter?  GUESS WHAT HAPPENS ON THE TWENTIETH.  GUESS. "
    What happens? WHAT? WHAT? Is HL2:EP3 coming out? IS IT? "
    Steam Christmas Sale.

You will log in to claim your entry into the contest.  You will see heavily discounted games.  And you will make your choice.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By ch13696

So far I have 3/4 treasures for the first 2 days. Now I just need someone to buy me RUSE so I can get the last one.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Winternet
    @ch13696: Don't let the Man get to you.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phrosnite said:

"they will give away 100 to 3 people and 5 to 35 people.. "

I will admit that I'm not a mathematician, but where are you getting this "5 to 35 people" number? They are giving away five games every forty-eight hours to twenty people. Wouldn't that be more like 5 to 140 people? 

D2D is still "giving away" more games... but D2D's contest involves gambling your money. Steam's contest is free. You wanna keep taking an 80% chance of paying full price for a game, go ahead. Sure, the chances of actually winning one of these Steam contests are incredibly slim, but at least it's free.
    mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By mithhunter55

I think this scavenger hunt thing is a test to see if they can sustain sales numbers over a longer period. I am liking that developers are going a long with this. I have gotten about 16 games int eh last 2-3 weeks, Mostly from the indie packs. I enjoy having sometihng new to play everyday.

@phrosnite

said:

" This is bullpoo. Steam fails imo. They gave away 750 games during Thanks Giving and now with this they will give away 100 to 3 people and 5 to 35 people. Overall 1225 games... This is pathetic. D2D already gave away over 2800 games and their thing continues until 31st. Not to mention that Steam has a lot more customers than D2D which makes the chances of winning very, very, very... actually the chances are 0! No thank you. I will just wait for the christmas sale. I don't care for your "contests". "

When has 37/3500000 ever been = to 0.  Your post is a little inflammatory. 

@Lazyaza

said:

" I own alot of steam games so this is awesome, I might have a high chance of winning :D "

Same so far just haven't had ruse. 
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mithhunter/games  yay! :D Getting there with my collection. Looks like hella lot of money now though. Almost tall of this was bought on sale minus valve games.
    DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By DG991
    @Winternet:   
    If you do all 10 you have a chance to win 100 games of your choice. Not guaranteed. If it was guaranteed holy shit... I would of been tempted to do them all. 
    I only have the avatar one so far... I'm not buying any games I don't want. And I don't really like poker, idk whats so fun about that stupid night at the inventory game.  

But I do like what they are doing with the sales and giveaways. Maybe I will buy a game if it's good and I don't own it but I doubt it. 
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Winternet
    @DG991: If you're a fan of Telltale writing and dialogues you should buy Poker Night. For 4 bucks you get to hear some funny dialogue and give those talented guys some more money so they continue to do great games. And Chime is only a buck, it's for charity and it's a neat little game.
    Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mechwing

Does it say anywhere that if u win, u gotta buy 100 games that instant? or can u just save up ur games. cuz if u can save it up. that'd be AWSOME

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#61  Edited By kalmis

Oh dear more sales. Got Chime yesterday and it is really worth the mere £1.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By monetarydread

I hate you Valve.

(Note: I just purchased Poker Night at the Inventory and Chime for $5)

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Darkstar614

Just bought Chime because oh how cheap it was plus upping the chances of winning the drawing. This is such a great idea to get people to buy more games on Steam.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Synthballs

STOP DOING THIS TO ME STEAM! I'M SICK OF BUYING YOUR CHEAP CHEAP GAMES! *breaksdown* 

MY KID NEEDS FOOD!

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mechwing

N/M Checked the fine Print. Grand prize winners win 100 hundred individual games avilable on steam AS OF DECEMBER 20,2010. After reading that, i sorta don't have 100 games i want on steam that are avilable :/. i guess u could gift ur REALLY good friends games if u wanted too. rofl

CrazedMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By CrazedMaverick

Fuck man. Valve got me again. Time to play poker instead of studying.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#67  Edited By wunder_

GAMES

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By Darkstar614

Updated my orignal post a bit to be more informative!

Chime is a pretty neat little game. I highly recommend it for that price.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Pretty cool idea.  But I'm not going to buy games just to complete them, so I'm out.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By Tordah
    @CrazedMaverick said:
    " Fuck man. Valve got me again. Time to play poker instead of studying. "
    This, haha. I'm now finally done with that objective.
    Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#71  Edited By Brake
    @Tordah said:
    " @CrazedMaverick said:
    This, haha. I'm now finally done with that objective. "
    I now blame Valve for missing all my deadlines.

Not sure I'll get the 10 for the 100 game draw, but if they have at least one easy one every time, I'll at least get the TF2 hat. Also, I hope I can gift or hold off on buying those 100 games instantly. I've got over a 100 games on Steam already and I only really want like 15 games at this point. It would be pretty awesome to be able to gift a 100 games to some buddies though.
    Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dingofighter

Bought Chime and Poker Night, was waiting for it to go on sale, didn't expect it to happen this soon though. 
    Just have the Ruse one left of todays "quests" now, though I won't buy that game just for this thing. 

Also, I don't think there is 100 games I want on Steam, I mean, that is a whole lot of games! 

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By TwoLines

Fuck you Steam! I love you so damn much..

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By NekuCTR

Is it just me, or is this promotion kind of gross. I mean I understand the idea behind making quests for certain games, but having to buy games to win games. It seems kind of...... retarded.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#75  Edited By alistercat
    @Haru48:  How is it 'gross'? That's the point of the promotion... companies don't give stuff away without a motive. The motive here is maybe some people will buy some games, maybe some won't. Mostly won't is my guess but even so Valve are boosting sales of certain games. Also, it's optional and if you have the games already then you do them. if you don't, then you just don't do them. They aren't proposing that you buy all of these games but they are trying to suggest you can which is perfectly normal. It's not like they're full price either, all of the games on these first two days have also come with a sale so it's not really much different from a sale, just more limited.
    NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NekuCTR
    @AlisterCat said:
    " @Haru48:  How is it 'gross'? That's the point of the promotion... companies don't give stuff away without a motive. The motive here is maybe some people will buy some games, maybe some won't. Mostly won't is my guess but even so Valve are boosting sales of certain games. Also, it's optional and if you have the games already then you do them. if you don't, then you just don't do them. They aren't proposing that you buy all of these games but they are trying to suggest you can which is perfectly normal. It's not like they're full price either, all of the games on these first two days have also come with a sale so it's not really much different from a sale, just more limited. "
    Yea, maybe that's it. It doesn't seem like Steam should be giving things away in the first place. Seems kind of out of character for them. they always seemed like the type to simply put things on sale. The fact that they are suggesting that you may get something for going out and buying these games is the thing that makes me weary. So basically I'm being stupid.
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#77  Edited By alistercat
    @Haru48:  Not stupid, it's a legitimate concern but I do think some people are being stupid about this. They seem outraged that Steam is giving stuff away. Totally weird. Like Geno said, it's the entitlement. If it's not something that some people are interested in, those people feel like it should be something that they are interested in. Steam doesn't usually give stuff away you're right but I don't hold it against them to do it in a way where they get something out of it too. Every company does it. I'm only doing it for games I own, and I suggest everyone else does the same.
    mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mithhunter55
    @CrazedMaverick said:
    OH damn, I'm with you there, wasted so much time on meat boy and poker night. O_O
    Rsvaret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Rsvaret

I already had Chime, so this worked out well. Hope it continues in this vein!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#80  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Oh man this is good. I love you Steam.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#81  Edited By HaroldoNVU

two more easy quests and I'm 5 total. Thankfully the demo of Undergarden will work as well because I just saw the quicklook and have no interest in that.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Winternet

I have the friends objective ( Thanks GiantBomb! ) and about to go play the demo of Undergarden ( what game is that?). Not feeling about the AAaaaAAaAAaAAaa game or whatever the name is. I think I'll keep to this two this time around.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#83  Edited By Forcen

Got my nice Bounty Hat in TF2!

Just go to the page when you are logged in and click "unlock hat" if you have 5 tasks or more.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By HaroldoNVU

Hey, listen! 
    To those of you who like me had the undergarden demo crashing before starting check this thread on the steam forums.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#85  Edited By LordAndrew

You just have to play Undergarden or the demo? Oh! I was just ignoring that one altogether, never bothered to read the description. :D

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By HaroldoNVU
    @LordAndrew said:
    " You just have to play Undergarden or the demo? Oh! I was just ignoring that one altogether, never bothered to read the description. :D "
    I hope more quests are like this.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Winternet
    @HaroldoNVU said:

" @LordAndrew said:

" You just have to play Undergarden or the demo? Oh! I was just ignoring that one altogether, never bothered to read the description. :D "
    I hope more quests are like this. "
    Yeah, quest for playing demos are awesome. 

Edit: yay I got my hat. But, I don't play TF2. Humm. . . Can I gift hats?
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#88  Edited By nintendoeats

Is anybody familiar with AAAAAaaaaAAaaAAaa? I'm trying to only buy games for this that are genuinely worth owning.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#89  Edited By Forcen

Just noticed a thing at the forums, apperantly the tasks har note time sensitive, it is just the sales. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelGeek 
    I've seen a few people wondering if the alternate entry method for the sweepstakes, which is awesome since I'll be out of town for a few, counts towards the number of achievements needed for the TF2 hats or not.

To me it sounds like just another way to have entries in the sweepstakes and DOESN'T count towards the number for the hats, but others assume that it will just count the achievement as done and will count towards your total for the hats. 

Could we maybe have a mod or and employee clear this up for us?

Thanks in advance.

The alternate mail-in entry method is for the sweepstakes and does not apply toward the Team Fortress 2 hats. However, you do have until the end of the contest to try to complete all 28 objectives in the interest of unlocking the top TF2 hat.      
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19265346&postcount=9  

Useful for those who missed one, and really want some of the hats or the 10 required for the big lottery at the end.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#90  Edited By BeachThunder
    @nintendoeats said:
    " Is anybody familiar with AAAAAaaaaAAaaAAaa? I'm trying to only buy games for this that are genuinely worth owning. "
    I got it as part of a bundle; didn't think it was any good at all =/ Seriously, it's really not a great idea buying things because they're cheap or because there's a possibility of winning other stuff.
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By kalmis

Will post a review about the AAaaaa game later on but it probably won't make it before this stage of treasure hunt is done. Anyway quick take on it is that it is not worth the money. The jist behind the game is a bad looking 3rd person FPS where player is falling down while and performing stunts. Such getting closer to a building. Looks quite bad and the UI is terrible.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By HaroldoNVU
    @kalmis said:
    " Will post a review about the AAaaaa game later on but it probably won't make it before this stage of treasure hunt is done. Anyway quick take on it is that it is not worth the money. The jist behind the game is a bad looking 3rd person FPS where player is falling down while and performing stunts. Such getting closer to a building. Looks quite bad and the UI is terrible. "
    I got the same impression. The only factor that made me marginally interested in this game was the name. 
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#93  Edited By LordAndrew
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#94  Edited By Geno
    @LordAndrew said:
    " Based on what I'm hearing here and my own experiences with The Wonderful End of the World, I think I'll pass on AaaaaAAaaa. "
    You are a much stronger person than we. 
    kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By kalmis

New objectives up. Don't usually plug these things, but if anyone is interested. I played and reviewed Droplitz earlier.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#96  Edited By Brake

Only getting the first quest this time. Don't really wanna buy any of the games for quests.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By HaroldoNVU

I was saving Duels of the Planeswalkers for the post-holiday season but looks like I'm going to play it today. I think they'll keep the pattern of releasing a social objetive every two days like "write a recommendation", "comment on a friend's profile page", "use the voice chat", "join a friend's game".

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By Tordah

Did the "Join the Club" quest and the Droplitz one today (since I already owned the game). So far I've done 7 out of 12 possible objectives, which I feel pretty good about.

HaroldoNVU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HaroldoNVU
    @Tordah said:
    " Did the "Join the Club" quest and the Droplitz one today (since I already owned the game). So far I've done 7 out of 12 possible objectives, which I feel pretty good about. "
    Cool. I have 7 too. Just unlocked the Devastor achievement on MtG - DotP. Laughably easy, the first green deck is perfect for that and the AI just let you have you way with it on the easiest difficulty.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#100  Edited By nintendoeats

Am I a terrible person for buying Duals of the Planeswalkers? I guess its cheaper than running the risk of wanting to get back into the game some day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.