Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Gonna go shoot myself, or punch a puppy, whichever.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

So I rented SFIV today (I couldn't believe lackluster actually had one more copy in stock! Lucky me!..) and I decided to let Sagat be my main character. I think after playing around 4 hours straight, I can call myself a decent Sagat player (I know all his moves and supers :D).

So I go online and kick *some* ass, getting myself hyped to play the Arcade. I choose Medium, but long story short I beat all the opponents without a problem....all except one.

FUCKIHN SETH

*LITERALLY SCREAMS INTO PILLOW*

Jesus christ, I must have tried to beat him 20 times! I got thisclose in beating him around 10 times, but he never fails to shove his bastard blue fist up my guys ass at the last possible moment, thusly K.O.ing me. By the 20th defeat I nearly threw my controller at my new HDTV out of sheer frustration. I don't even think MK has angered me so much. I threw my middle finger up in the air almost everytime as well, yelling profanities at an inatomate object while my controller shook violently in my other hand (ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but I was still pretty pissed.)

So I'm not even gonna go there anymore..for now.

Also, stealing Zangief's grab move and using it 5 times in a row = FTFL my friends.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Worthy

Well in easy or easiest I suggest just Jump HK, LK, Jump out (or combo in some other special then jump back) And repeat the process, it should do the trick.
    That's what I did during my character unlock runs.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

How close is this close, I wonder . . . .

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Randolph

Say what?  Sagat is Seth's kryptonite.  I can perfect him with Sagat. (the only one I can do that with, or even get close to doing) Jumping fierce kick, standing kick, Tiger Knee.  Rinse and repeat.  Nice little combo that he has absolutely no answer for.  He may hit you with the spinning pile driver bullshit grab once or twice, but stay on task, wait for him to stop teleporting around like a pussy and tiger knee him down.  Then get back to the combo.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By albedos_shadow
    Worthy said:
    "Well in easy or easiest I suggest just Jump HK, LK, Jump out (or combo in some other special then jump back) And repeat the process, it should do the trick.
    That's what I did during my character unlock runs.
    "
    That works perfectly every time.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

Seth is a bitch, try beating him on hardest, now thats a pain. on easy though you should be able to beat him, just stay just out of his throw range but not far enough that he throws sonic booms.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Well go figure, found out I tried to beat him on medium. Tried Easy this time and beat him in seconds..yay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gla55jAw said:
    "Seth is a bitch, try beating him on hardest, now thats a pain. on easy though you should be able to beat him, just stay just out of his throw range but not far enough that he throws sonic booms."
    I must've had some kind of Rain Man moment cause I tried Hardest and breezed through the game without continues.
    I got kinda scared though cause I inadvertently challenged Akuma, but it went well.

Seriously, I had more trouble taking down Seth on Medium than I did on Hardest. Oh well, more achievement points to me. Yay!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once you play him long enough to know what he does, it's much easier to take him down.

Also, you need the power of Saikyo.

No Caption Provided

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Kyle
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "How close is this close, I wonder . . . ."
    You don't even wanna know. It's- well it's- it's like THIS close.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar

At least Seth's winning pose isn't to Teabag you before you see the continue screen.....

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By coolarman

Well thats the end boss for ya he's a BITCH

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By I_smell

Who the hell puts teleporting in a fighting game? Teleporting behind a guy is basically reversing their controls for a couple seconds, and that's a bloody stupid move.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kohe321

Seth is really frustrating.... I hate fighting him.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brukaoru

Leave the puppy alone. >:|

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kratos81
    Jolly_Lolly said:
    "So I rented SFIV today (I couldn't believe lackluster actually had one more copy in stock! Lucky me!..) and I decided to let Sagat be my main character. I think after playing around 4 hours straight, I can call myself a decent Sagat player (I know all his moves and supers :D).

So I go online and kick *some* ass, getting myself hyped to play the Arcade. I choose Medium, but long story short I beat all the opponents without a problem....all except one.

FUCKIHN SETH

*LITERALLY SCREAMS INTO PILLOW*

Jesus christ, I must have tried to beat him 20 times! I got thisclose in beating him around 10 times, but he never fails to shove his bastard blue fist up my guys ass at the last possible moment, thusly K.O.ing me. By the 20th defeat I nearly threw my controller at my new HDTV out of sheer frustration. I don't even think MK has angered me so much. I threw my middle finger up in the air almost everytime as well, yelling profanities at an inatomate object while my controller shook violently in my other hand (ok, maybe it wasn't that bad, but I was still pretty pissed.)

So I'm not even gonna go there anymore..for now.

Also, stealing Zangief's grab move and using it 5 times in a row = FTFL my friends.

"
    Lmao, Thats exactly how I felt when I first got the game.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

I haven't threw a pad in years and SFIV has made me do it a million times so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.