Best Mario Game Ever

#1 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

Yes?

#2 Posted by ThaMilkMan (346 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy followed closely by Super Mario World!!!!

4 me at least!!!

#3 Posted by Hanabi (42 posts) -

Super Mario World is not only my favorite Mario title but my favorite game.

#4 Posted by Blueblur1 (344 posts) -

A lot of people argue that Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best Mario game in the 2D series but I disagree. Super Mario World easily trumps. It takes all the concepts from SMB3 and applies them in new and fun ways. Plus, the stage design is much better (and the stages themselves are longer!) and there's much more to the game's visual design and overworld.

#5 Edited by Feanor (1387 posts) -

Super Mario World is easily my favorite.  I really did not like the series once it went 3d.

#6 Posted by dr_nefarious (1617 posts) -

It's my favorite 2-D mario game, but I think my favorite mario game is super mario galaxy.

#7 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -

Ever?

Super Mario Bros 3 with New Super Mario Bros close behind.

#8 Posted by Hegg (1 posts) -

It's gotta be Super Mario World closely followed by Galaxy.

#9 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

Super Mario World.
If you say otherwise, I'm gonna have to call you a liar.

#10 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Super Mario World by far.

#11 Posted by RabbitKarrot (362 posts) -

Super Mario World is one of my favorite games of all time, and (to me) the best in the series... Though, tis' closely followed by Mario64.

#12 Posted by geneticgamer (48 posts) -

MARIO RPG LEGEND OF THE SEVEN STARS

#13 Posted by BionicIguana (142 posts) -

I prefer Mario 3, but SMW is a superb game, no doubt about that

#14 Posted by BionicIguana (142 posts) -

I prefer Mario 3, but SMW is a superb game, no doubt about that

#15 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Super Mario World for the N64 is probably the best mario game ever. Not even Galaxy could come close to it in my opinion.

#16 Posted by sketch (194 posts) -

Super Mario World is definitely my favourite, followed by Super Mario Land. That had awesome music.

#17 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Super Mario Bros.

:P

#18 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -

The best 2D Mairio at least.

#19 Posted by Jonathan (654 posts) -

Super Mario World : Super Mario Advance 2. Which is the same game as Super Mario World, but portable.

#20 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

oh yea its so much fun

#21 Posted by ShigeruMiyamoto (9 posts) -

Galaxy followed by SMB3

#22 Posted by spragels (97 posts) -

super mario 3 all the way

#23 Posted by NihonTiger (62 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. 3, then Galaxy, then Super Mario World.

#24 Posted by neilsquibb (15 posts) -

Mario Sunshine. I know I'm alone.

#25 Posted by alecscradle (63 posts) -

SMB 3 followed by SM 64

#26 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

super mario bros. 3 followed closely by galaxy

#27 Posted by PaperPlain (243 posts) -

No. Paper Mario is superior.

#28 Posted by Jotun (555 posts) -

Mario 3 with a tie for second between Mario World and Galaxy.

#29 Posted by ShaunWoo (26 posts) -

I have to go with SMB 3.  But thanks for bringing SMW up, I think I might pop it in and play a little!

#30 Posted by coldmilk (66 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario Galaxy, both added a huge sense of weight and were faster paced than most of the other games in the Mario series.

#31 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

Paper Mario one, and Super Mario World.

#32 Posted by OblivionGuy07 (161 posts) -

This game is the best available portable mario game, but Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is still my favorite

#33 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

It's either Galaxy of 64 for me.

#34 Posted by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -

best 2-D Mario- super mario bros 3

best 3-d mario- galaxy

best mario RPG- super mario RPG: legend of the seven stars

#35 Posted by Djungelurban (183 posts) -

For the longest time I held on to that Super Mario 64 was the best one... But I've been forced to switch, cause unlike 64 which actually have aged since release (just a little bit), SMW is STILL just a good as it was when it first came out. Hasn't aged more than "a few percent" or something, and while the levels are getting a bit old on account of I having played them so many times, the gameplay is still amazing. And seriously, if I need new levels to play, since the release of Lunar Magic, there's no shortage of them either. No, SMW is the best one, it's just the way it is.

#36 Posted by bad_crc (39 posts) -

i never played smw so for me its smb3

#37 Posted by Mario_Galaxy_Fan (116 posts) -

My favourite Mario game is Super Mario Bros 3.

#38 Posted by Twilit_Igniter42 (65 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 3.  It's actually my all-time favorite game.

#39 Posted by creamstatic (119 posts) -

Super Mario Bros 3 for me. Super Mario World was great, but dude, I'm talking about the remake of Super Mario Bros 3 which came on Super Mario All Stars Cartridge, in 16 Bit for the Super NES. KABOOM!

#40 Posted by Banzai_NL (264 posts) -

Super Mario World was the first Mario game I managed to finish and It's still the best game. Nowadays I play it with my SNES usb controller and a emulator, purely because my SNES won't work on my HD TV..

#41 Posted by DeathScape666 (13 posts) -

I liked Super Mario Galaxy a lot more, but Super Mario World is still a damn good game.

#42 Posted by legend_cloud (359 posts) -

Super Mario 64.

#43 Posted by luke141eels (2 posts) -
Blueblur1 said:
"A lot of people argue that Super Mario Bros. 3 is the best Mario game in the 2D series but I disagree. Super Mario World easily trumps. It takes all the concepts from SMB3 and applies them in new and fun ways. Plus, the stage design is much better (and the stages themselves are longer!) and there's much more to the game's visual design and overworld.
"I thought super Mario bros. 3 was the best too for some reason  but worlds was my second fav in 2d

#44 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
Hamz said:
"Super Mario World for the N64 is probably the best mario game ever. Not even Galaxy could come close to it in my opinion.
"
i believe that game came out for the snes. but anyway super mario bros 3, super mario world, super mario 64.
#45 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

In my humble opinion, this is the best game ever made.

#46 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

Later games pretty much are better, but the first Super Mario Bros. will hold that place in my heart for not only best Mario game, but also best game ever.

#47 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Super Mario World, though the portability and look of NSMB is a close second, followed by 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.