Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Conduit

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

The Conduit is a futuristic first-person shooter developed by High Voltage Software exclusively for the Nintendo Wii. The game makes use of High Voltage Software's proprietary, Wii-specific Quantum3 game engine.

The Conduit Does In Fact Have Multiplayer

• 64 results
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Brad
    Sega held an event in San Francisco last night intended to showcase the online multiplayer in The Conduit, the Wii first-person shooter in its final stages of production at High Voltage Software. I wasn't personally able to attend, since I was intent on upholding my annual tradition, now in its sixth year, of frantically filing my income taxes on the 14th of April. (I ended up owing Uncle Sam $68, if you must know.)

It seems the event was a bit of a wash. Sega ran into some trouble with Nintendo's servers and was unable to actually show off any online action, defaulting to demos of the game's single-player campaign instead. But the company did provide the assets and trailer that were set to release along with the event, so you can at least get some sense of what the game will be like online.

Looks like... a functional online shooter! What are your thoughts, Wii owners? Do you want to get your deathmatch on with a Wii remote, or are you already filling those needs on other consoles? We'll talk more about The Conduit's multiplayer once we do get a proper look at it.

Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Brad
    Sega held an event in San Francisco last night intended to showcase the online multiplayer in The Conduit, the Wii first-person shooter in its final stages of production at High Voltage Software. I wasn't personally able to attend, since I was intent on upholding my annual tradition, now in its sixth year, of frantically filing my income taxes on the 14th of April. (I ended up owing Uncle Sam $68, if you must know.)

It seems the event was a bit of a wash. Sega ran into some trouble with Nintendo's servers and was unable to actually show off any online action, defaulting to demos of the game's single-player campaign instead. But the company did provide the assets and trailer that were set to release along with the event, so you can at least get some sense of what the game will be like online.

Looks like... a functional online shooter! What are your thoughts, Wii owners? Do you want to get your deathmatch on with a Wii remote, or are you already filling those needs on other consoles? We'll talk more about The Conduit's multiplayer once we do get a proper look at it.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mysterysheep

I dunno. Something about that trailer made the gameplay seem very clunky.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

They can't even get the Ninty servers to work for a multiplayer demo in front of the press? Maybe that says something unto itself, me thinks.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

It actually looks....okay. It won't replace COD4 or Halo 3, but it looks like a fun distraction at least.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

I want The Conduit for single player but it's nice to have a complete package anyway. They're going for the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark feel with fast paced deathmatchy modes (13 of them) and all sorts of cheats to unlock. But I don't know if I should repeat it all here, I mean, it's in this thread already with many gameplay details from people who were actually there or have otherwise had a hands-on (of the single player) or discussed about it with its developers. Maybe thread merge? And, it's not the first Wii FPS with online. It will be for me, but WaW sold and rated well enough.

Also, your linked article cited doesn't say it was Nintendo's fault (and since it's Kotaku, they certainly would have said so). The IGN article said so instead. But is it true or speculation? I don't use my WIi for online gaming, I don't even own Mario Kart yet. I will be getting Excitebots though.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7  Edited By damnboyadvance

I own only a Wii, but I still look at other systems and stuff, and I think this looks awesome. This could actually match up to other games on other systems.

It's nice to see someone taking full advantage of the Wii. I dare you to pick up this game. It looks awesome, both graphically, and the gameplay looks awesome too. I can't wait to pick this up.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By MjHealy

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 was a decent online Wii shooter, it just lacked depth.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive

whats the point of this?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want this for it's single player but I might have some fun with it online, anyways looking forward to it.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

YAHOOO!

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By kraznor

I swear if this game was on any other platform no one would care at all. "A sci-fi themed first-person shooter? NO WAY!!!"

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zityz

Reality: Looks good but because its on the Wii, people will hate on it. If it was on the 360 or ps3 it would be overshadowed by other shooters and be called generic.

It could be good, My only problem will be if you need to have friend codes for multiplayer.  If so, then kinda ruins it.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

I played Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 online and had a good time with it, but I was also playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 on my PC, so I got bored real quick. I did like MoHH2's controls and the online was cool. I will be giving the Conduit a shot. I'm really looking forward to the single player first and when I'm done... I'll give it some online time.

There's a few online modes, but I can't remember them, plus the friend code love/hate. I'm sure I can find some friends to play here or somewhere else. We'll see.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Kraznor said:
    "I swear if this game was on any other platform no one would care at all. "A sci-fi themed first-person shooter? NO WAY!!!""
    People sure cared about Haze and all its hype, up until reviews slammed it hard. Let's see what happens with this, eh? So, yeah, people do care about generic things, as long as they look like they will offer some solid fun. But apparently not when they're on the Wii. Meh.

zityz said:
    "Reality: Looks good but because its on the Wii, people will hate on it. If it was on the 360 or ps3 it would be overshadowed by other shooters and be called generic.It could be good, My only problem will be if you need to have friend codes for multiplayer.  If so, then kinda ruins it."
    You can play random matches without friends just fine. Again, this thread has all sorts of info like game modes and some info on voice chat. I, like Claude, mostly want this for the single player myself, but I'm liking what I've seen of the MP, especially the interface.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By StarFoxA

I'm honestly not incredibly interested in this game. Looks pretty generic.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Steve_C
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Kraznor said:
    "I swear if this game was on any other platform no one would care at all. "A sci-fi themed first-person shooter? NO WAY!!!""
    People sure cared about Haze and all its hype, up until reviews slammed it hard. Let's see what happens with this, eh?"
    I imagine that was based more on the pedigree of the developer, Free Radical, who had made awesome Timeplitters games up to that point.

I'm quite interested to see how this game fares though. It looks to be well put together and seems like a solid shooter at any rate, but i wonder if that's enough - both critically and sales wise.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

Generic things are what is played the most, all that matters is if they're fun. Ie, Call of Duty, Halo, Unreal Tournament, Resistance, people even already anticipate Modern Warfare 2. How's that not going to be generic? It's just bound to be fucking awesome which is why people look forward to it. Generic is just thrown around by anyone who wants to insult them, not because it actually matters in how good a game is.

And no I'm not saying The Conduit will approach any of these (maybe eventually if it becomes a franchise), especially when it comes to the multi player side, but meh, let's not slam it just yet. It could be a good throwback to the days of Perfect Dark. It can't be as bad as Haze, right?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

GOD DAMNIT.

WHY???????????

WHY ISN'T THE WII HAVE MORE GOOD GAMES TO MAKE THIS WORTH IT!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Fragstoff said:
    "great visuals straight out of 1999"
    L O MUTHAFUCKIN L

That's a fuckin good one. Never gets old. Also, never comes true.
    InFamous91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By InFamous91

i heard a few negative things about this game but hopefully high voltage  will fix these problems
    because this game looks great for the Wii and i can't wait to play the hell out this game

Ravenlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ravenlock

Not that it's going to matter to anybody, but the Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer on Wii is actually excellent. Very fast matchmaking, no lag, and pretty much the full online CoD experience, with ranks, perks, the in-game items (UAV's, artillery, dogs)... the whole bit except for chat.

Which of course means it's damn hard to find a consistent group to play with (or to coordinate with the people you are playing with), but it's still a lot of fun to jump into for a half hour. And the controls are great. I would rather aim and shoot with a Wiimote than with a dual-analog any day of the week. It's just such a damn shame that Nintendo failed to account for the absolute need for voice chat in online gaming. All they would need is that and a decent friends system, and I would actually prefer CoD on Wii over PC/360, even with the hit to the graphics.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pause422

I can't imagine anyone that didn't expect it to have multiplayer. Also, that made me laugh Fragstoff, thank you.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Claude
    Ravenlock said:
    "Not that it's going to matter to anybody, but the Call of Duty: World at War multiplayer on Wii is actually excellent. Very fast matchmaking, no lag, and pretty much the full online CoD experience, with ranks, perks, the in-game items (UAV's, artillery, dogs)... the whole bit except for chat.

Which of course means it's damn hard to find a consistent group to play with (or to coordinate with the people you are playing with), but it's still a lot of fun to jump into for a half hour. And the controls are great. I would rather aim and shoot with a Wiimote than with a dual-analog any day of the week. It's just such a damn shame that Nintendo failed to account for the absolute need for voice chat in online gaming. All they would need is that and a decent friends system, and I would actually prefer CoD on Wii over PC/360, even with the hit to the graphics.
    "
    Word... from the front lines.
    DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By DannyJ

To me it looks like a mix of almost all the "generic" shooters on the market. It has the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark theme goin for it. You can see some Timesplitters thrown in there. And jumping from Halo ;)

Not saying it as a bad thing, I think this mix will make it a lot of fun. It probably wont have a great storyline but it should be fun.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiquidPrince

Friend codes needed?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    DannyJ said:
    "To me it looks like a mix of almost all the "generic" shooters on the market. It has the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark theme goin for it. You can see some Timesplitters thrown in there. And jumping from Halo ;)Not saying it as a bad thing, I think this mix will make it a lot of fun. It probably wont have a great storyline but it should be fun."
    None of those games are generic!

I call blasphemy for even attempting to call Timesplitters something other than totally kickass.

LiquidPrince said:
    "Friend codes needed?"
    You can play random people. I'm not sure if you can do voice chat with random people, but you can play random people.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nasar7

I'm still not sold on this game but hopefully it'll turn out awesome.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Milkman

I guess it's pretty sweet that you're getting a full multiplayer experience on the Wii, though I think Medal of Honor Heroes 2 did that already perfectly. However, the game just looks so generic and at some points, the game just looks like it's on the N64. 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Are you talking about Heroes 2 or the Conduit, Milkman?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Claude
    Milkman said:
    "I guess it's pretty sweet that you're getting a full multiplayer experience on the Wii, though I think Medal of Honor Heroes 2 did that already perfectly. However, the game just looks so generic and at some points, the game just looks like it's on the N64. "
    Mod Edit: No need for that - TheBeast
    DannyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DannyJ

Oh no no, dont get me wrong. I didnt mean generic as a negative term. To me the classic generic games were some of the best FPS's ever before the market got oversaturated wit them.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Heartagram

Ok so i had first comment and then it was taken from my grasp that's depressing. I guess the Final story was posted.

I don't see the point yeah it will have voice chat but with that stupid wii speak which honestly who the hell uses that. I cant see myself getting excited about online in any Wii game

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#34  Edited By MeatSim

To bad you have to use friends codes to play online.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Meowayne
    Looks like... a functional online shooter!

And not the first one. But a Wii article is not complete without some negativity, right?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Meowayne
    Looks like... a functional online shooter!

And not the first one. But a Wii article is not complete without some negativity, right?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#37  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This game is only distinguished by it being for the Wii, and online multiplayer that will require (shudder) friend codes if you want to play with more than strangers is automatically a strike against it. But I assume that the usual suspects will defend it to the bitter end, no matter the critical reception (positive or negative)

TabooTongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TabooTongue

Can't wait, one of the few games I'm looking forward to.
    Online voice chat with random people---great. Standard on the 360, but I can't stand playing an FPS with two sticks; and I don't have a graphic card (on board graphics on my computer).

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FCKSNAP
    TabooTongue said:
    "Can't wait, one of the few games I'm looking forward to.Online voice chat with random people---great. Standard on the 360, but I can't stand playing an FPS with two sticks; and I don't have a graphic card (on board graphics on my computer)."
    Hey, graphics cards are cheap. Even on a crappy desktop with no PCIExpress ports you can use one of these babies and still run TF2 on low settings.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Wii to get more major RTS/strategy games in general or a hardware upgrade; whichever comes first.
    Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By TheFrostedGamer

This game looks promising.

Expected to release in 1998 right?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Meowayne
    TheFrostedGamer said:
    Expected to release in 1998 right?"
    HA TEH WII HAS BAD GRAFX NICE1
    Kbm600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Kbm600

This could be awesome as hell if it's done right.

Zalasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zalasta

If you only have a Wii, then I can understand getting this for your FPS fix; but if you have either a 360 or PS3, why would you even bother with The Conduit when there are better and deeper shooters available?  It's your money to waste I guess.

TaintedSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By TaintedSun

@ DannyJ

It is most definitely a bad thing when you see a console built upon the idea of innovation resort to classic ideas to fill a gap in their titles. I will never understand games like Mad World and Conduit, games that are obviously marketed towards the hardcore gamers who own the system. If hardcore gamers are to get involved, Nintendo needs to actually use the Wii-mote in an innovative way, not a classic one.

But what do I know? Apparently the Wii sells just fine ;)

@ Arkthemaniac

Timesplitters is pretty much a forgotten series.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mattysen

@ TaintedSun

Your an asshole if you have forgoten about timesplitters, sorry, you just are
    darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By darkspirit138

The first ever awesome Wii shooter? We'll see.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shabs

I want to like this game because I appreciate the effort this dev is putting behind their game, but I'm totally not feeling the art style.  I don't think the graphics are bad from a technical perspective, but it just looks uninspired.

DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DavidSnakes

I think the original Halo looks better than this

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dauragon

This looks like some old school quake style fun. I'm down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.