Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Reviews

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

http://www.zelda.com/skywardsword/#/homehttp://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda25th/screensaver/

The orchestral CD included with all copies of the game, in full: (open in new tab)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8wIMMg-44&list=PLA6F903C35BFF5E3A&feature=plpp_play_all

No Caption Provided
    1. Nov 16, 2011
      A game of stunning creativity: the work of master craftsmen and women, it's a breathtaking technical achievement in many ways, with subtly beautiful visuals and audio blending with rampantly imaginative design. It's as good a Zelda game as we've ever played, and one that fully delivers on the revolution Nintendo promised back in 2005.
    2. Nov 14, 2011
      Timeless masterpiece. This Legend of Zelda takes over from Ocarina of Time. It's a step in the saga and a revolution in the design of third-person adventures. The Wii MotionPlus works perfectly, so the game is especially fun. A gift from heaven!
    3. Nov 11, 2011
      Skyward Sword manages to honor 25 years' of gaming history while simultaneously feeling relevant for anyone new to the ways of Zelda - or those who'd perhaps grown a bit tired of hanging out with Link.
    4. Nov 11, 2011
      Nintendo's most time- and workforce-intensive project yet, and it shows in every hour you spend with it. It's a masterful blend of taut design and boldly non-traditional controls, an adventure liberally studded with memorable moments it would be remiss to spoil. Your favourite Zelda is usually your first. For many, come November 18, that won't be the case any longer.
    5. Nov 11, 2011
      It is the most formally inventive Zelda in a long time (admittedly, that's not saying a great deal). But it's the game's carefree attitude, quick tempo and warm heart that do the most to make it feel new...Skyward Sword will surely be the greatest adventure money can buy.
    6. Nov 11, 2011
      The most important change is that most everything feels new. The fights against giant boss creatures at the end of each dungeon don't rely on old ideas. The classic characters are replaced, for the most part, with novel ones. If you already know what's going to happen, is that really capturing the spirit of the original Legend of Zelda, in which we all went in blind? Skyward Sword shows that "a real Zelda game" is about more than certain items or certain gameplay rituals, which in the end is more meaningful than adding better sword controls.
    7. 100
      Skyward Sword is an epic, the sort of epic you call out of work or school for a few days to complete. A focused playthrough will take you north of 30 hours, and if you try to 100% the game, there is a 50+ hour quest to go through. Throw in the second quest, dubbed Hero Mode, and there is a lot of game to play.
    8. Nov 11, 2011
      Revolutionary on at least two counts, with the best motion controls ever seen in a video game and an inspired reinvention and improvement of the Zelda formula.
    9. Nov 11, 2011
      Whether or not it's the best ever Zelda game is open to debate, but it's certainly up there. However, nobody could argue that it's anything less than a masterclass in the art of crafting video games.
    10. Nov 11, 2011
      Remarkably, this Zelda game manages to reshape its control scheme, design sensibility and pacing all at once while still telling a brilliantly powerful story featuring some very memorable characters. Increasingly Nintendo refuses to compromise cinematic storytelling for gameplay, finding a balance that seems effortless.
    11. Nov 11, 2011
      Skyward Sword finally brings satisfying swordplay, delivering on a promise made five years ago.
    12. Nov 4, 2011
      The biggest surprise in Skyward Sword is the story. For all the different shapes it has taken, the plot of The Legend of Zelda has always been a fairly predictable affair that feels like an afterthought. Skyward Sword doesn't elevate the art of video game storytelling, but it is a major step up for the franchise, with clever writing, an interesting (if strange) new villain, and a wide cast of characters that would feel at home in one of Disney's better animated movies.
    13. Oct 21, 2011
      How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo's hardware become the console it was always meant to be.
    14. Nov 11, 2011
      Skyward Sword is a masterpiece. It raises the bar for the legendary series and is memorable from start to finish. It's challenging, unpredictable, diverse, thrilling, and endearing. It is the Zelda game you've been waiting for.
    15. A huge departure for Zelda and a proper arrival for Wii's motion controls. Link's latest is rule-breaking, dream-weaving, tech-loving, heart-soaring stuff. If it Wii's last hurrah, they don't come more impassioned than this.
    16. Skyward Sword stands as an ode to a series that has endured all of recent gaming history. It marks the dizzying pinnacle of both the Zelda series and motion-controlled gaming itself. It's a huge accomplishment that, even by Nintendo's own record, stands out as one of their finest.
    17. Nov 16, 2011
      It's impossible to understand the Wii's existence without the launch of Skyward Sword. The last great game for Wii jutifies the creation of the wiimote and, without being the turning point that we would expect, it's definetely a triumphant comeback in the series.
    18. Nov 14, 2011
      My new favorite 3D Zelda title, beating out Majora's Mask and Wind Waker by a substantial margin. It would be hard to go back to any of those games now. All of the gameplay innovations, emotionally involving moments, beautiful little details, and purely blissful experiences in this game have me completely and utterly spoiled.
    19. Nov 14, 2011
      A must-have that demonstrates that Zelda is still in great form, and celebrates in the best possible way the 25th birthday of the series. As each Zelda game, it is outstanding. Not only one of the best games in Wii history, but also one of the best in the generation.
    20. Nov 11, 2011
      Not only one of the best Zelda games, but one of the best games ever made. It will take you places you've never been and show you sights you've never seen, so ignoring it just because it's on the Wii would be a damn shame.
    21. Nov 11, 2011
      The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is not only one of the best Wii games of the year, it's one of the best games to hit the system ever.
    22. Nov 13, 2011
      Stripped bare of accessories, its all-business approach will thrill some and frustrate others. Less whimsical and more weighty, it proves that clever level design and tight gameplay trump all, and perhaps most importantly, that motion gaming can truly be for everyone.
    23. Nov 16, 2011
      Skyward Sword is different form the usual Zelda experience: there's no overworld, resulting in a hampered exploration. But the other aspects of the gameplay are nothing but great: level design shines in every single area of the game; the pace is engaging, the progression linear but always entertaining. Plus, the game has a strong identity, thanks to its characterization, impressive visuals and the extraordinary musical score. It's not the same Legend, but it's another masterpiece.
    24. Nov 11, 2011
      A superb adventure game with tons of charm, intelligence and – basically – fun stuff to do. Skyward Sword is a game that's fallen from heaven, with only some minor bruises.
    25. A perfectly balanced mix of innovation and classic Zelda gameplay, Skyward Sword truly lives up to the Zelda legacy of excellence and offers the most variety of any Zelda game to date. Its swordplay and puzzles are some of the best in the series, and seeing Link and Zelda's first story chronologically is a treat for longtime fans.
    26. Nov 11, 2011
      One thing's for sure: Skyward Sword will divide. Its numerous qualities, among which the changes of scenery, the ingeniousness of the puzzles, make it able to provide us with a quest rich with intense moments, but some imprecision and lengthy sections prevent it from becoming the new and reformed shiny prince the series needed. If the Wii MotionPlus gameplay enables the immersion to go a step further, it requires a rigorous play style and will spawn some frustrations when it sometimes (rarely) doesn't work perfectly well. A beautiful adventure remains, still, proud to be the hallmark of the 25th anniversary of Link, Zelda & co... but not sufficiently sparkling to eclipse the infinite magic of the Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past episodes.
    27. Nov 11, 2011
      It is a game punctuated by near-constant moments of genuine exhiliration, dishing out a stream of physical and mental satisfaction which moves between taxing and rewarding the player with an almost flawless equipoise. It is, however, a stream that's tragically interrupted by the filler which has reared its ugly head in so many of the series' past iterations.
    28. Nov 1, 2011
      Spellbinding, dramatic and absolutely epic in both the world it paints and the story it tells, Zelda: Skyward Sword is a hugely important event for the Wii, for Nintendo, and for anyone with even a passing love for the venerable series it celebrates.
    1. ALL SUB 90 REVIEWS

2. Nov 11, 2011
      While the developers made a conscious effort to shake things up with new ideas and implementations, the game falls into a weird middle ground filled with genuine surprises, inessential carry-overs, and copy/paste quest structures. That said, I still believe this to be one of the more admirable chapters of the series, even if at times it feels the developers were unsure of which sacred cows to keep and which to sacrifice.
    3. Nov 11, 2011
      Quotation forthcoming.
    4. Nov 11, 2011
      Skyward Sword​ is absolutely packed with content. There's hardly any fluff to be found in the 35 hours or so it takes to complete the main quest, outside of the typically sluggish opening scenes. But I feel like Zelda should be going back to its roots and becoming less linear, rather than moreso. It's a curious decision, and I'm not sure it'll sit particularly well with longtime Zelda fans.
    5. Nov 11, 2011
      Designer Shigeru Miyamoto once said "the first 30 minutes of a game is the most important," and Skyward Sword fails to pass that test. It takes several hours before you're given any sense of real freedom, which is too bad, as the game manages to merge the sublime openness of the sea from Wind Waker (without the Triforce madness!) with the directed fun of most other games, as it's easy to just keep moving forward without much fuss. And by the time you start seeing what the designers really have in store for you..., you actually don't want it to stop, even if you're able to constantly, cynically predict when the game will ask you to find just One More Thing before it's all over.
    6. Nov 15, 2011
      The formula is beginning to show its age. There just aren't enough new ideas to separate Skyward Sword from its predecessors, and the few additions come with mixed results. Even with many bright spots, Skyward Sword still feels like a nostalgic retread. Those yearning for something new will be disappointed, but anyone thirsty for another exciting adventure will find plenty to enjoy here.

- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword -

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Iwata Asks":

Related Threads:

• Paul Cezanne:

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/61-26934/paul-cezanne/35-490497/#11

• The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony - Impressions:

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/61-26934/legend-of-zelda-25th-anniversary-symphony-impressions/35-521580/#33

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Can't wait!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Vexxan

Must buy a Wii must buy a Wii must buy a Wii already!

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By TehFlan

That's pretty exciting.

Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Belmont_Shadow

"It's not something we say lightly, but the Zelda series really has never been this good"

What a load of horse shit. No doubt this game will be good but it's NOM we're talking about. Not been that good? That's why 95% of the games in the series have AAA average ratings and OoT is widely considered one of the greatest games of all time? I'm really starting to hate these fucking fanboy mags. IT drives peoples expectations up and more people end up being dissapointed. I remember them calling TP the best game ever when it came out so their opinion is worth nothing. I'll buy it regardless but i'm not going to care about what an official mag says.

Also it's thje same guy who said that this takes 35 hours to do main quest. Where is the 50-60 hours Nintendo said? hahahahaha.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GS_Dan

I gave up on that magazine years ago. It turned into total crap shortly after the name changed.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

It would be nice if this game topped A Link to the Past (especially since it's coming out almost exactly twenty years later, which must be an intentional nod on Nintendo's part), but I'll believe it when I play it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I wish there was a convenient way to hook my wii up to the computer monitor my xbox is hooked up too... I'd get one of those Wii HD HDMI converter things, but I've never heard anything good about them.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By project343

Hopefully it'll manage to shed that 'fanservice skin' that the series has had since post-Majora. That said, excited either way.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onarum
    @TooWalrus said:
    I wish there was a convenient way to hook my wii up to the computer monitor my xbox is hooked up too... I'd get one of those Wii HD HDMI converter things, but I've never heard anything good about them.
    DO NOT get one of those, they suck ass, you're better off just getting one of them TV/Monitor things, a 24" monitor/TV is pretty cheap.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeF

quality wise, it's a known quantity. no need to wait for reviews. the few minutes I got to play over the last year were enough for me to know how fresh it feels.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    @onarum said:
    @TooWalrus said:
    DO NOT get one of those, they suck ass, you're better off just getting one of them TV/Monitor things, a 24" monitor/TV is pretty cheap.
    Yeah, I wasn't ready to spend $30+ on something that probably sucks ass. I might end up getting a 2nd HDTV for my room (but I'll probably just hook up the wii to my big TV, which is parked in front of my treadmill.)
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoG

That's a very early review. However, regarding it as the "best Zelda ever" is a pretty big deal, and it looks like they realize this. I actually feel a bit of excitement for the game now! Up until this moment, I've been planning on buying it more out of devotion to the series than anything else. Now, I can get cautiously pumped, pending more critiques of the game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@BoG said:

That's a very early review. However, regarding it as the "best Zelda ever" is a pretty big deal, and it looks like they realize this. I actually feel a bit of excitement for the game now! Up until this moment, I've been planning on buying it more out of devotion to the series than anything else. Now, I can get cautiously pumped, pending more critiques of the game.

ONM is a print magazine, so they likely received a review copy well ahead of time in order to make it to print. That being said, I have no doubt that the game will of be of quality, but all the same, I'd like to see more reviews.

And also see how many stars Jeff docks from the score for the lack of voice acting. :P

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Contro

@Hailinel:

Was that one of the reasons why the last game got an 8.8 from him?.

No Zelda fan I know ever wants voice acting in the traditional sense, certainly not from Link anyway

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By spankingaddict

O Man ! I'm already hyping it up too much. Now I'm gonna expect SO much from it : (

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel

@Contro said:

@Hailinel:

No Zelda fan I know ever wants voice acting in the traditional sense, certainly not from Link anyway

It was one of the reasons. The other reasons mainly being that Twilight Princess was just too much of the same. Still a great, fun formula, but not too great of a difference from Ocarina of Time.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dalai

I usually take the first review (especially from a platform-specific mag) with a grain of salt, but since it's Zelda and reviews will not matter in whether I purchase it or not, it doesn't really matter.

That was redundantly redundant.

@Hailinel: And the tacked-on controls on the Wii, which should not be factor here.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eidderf
    Edge have given it a 10/10, the full review isn't out to read yet but the few comments that they've released are quite glowing. It's pretty rare for them to give games a 10 so I'd say that's a good sign of things to come. I've kind of neglected my Wii in recent times so I'm looking forward to having a chance to fire it up again.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeF

@Eidderf said:

Edge have given it a 10/10, the full review isn't out to read yet but the few comments that they've released are quite glowing. It's pretty rare for them to give games a 10 so I'd say that's a good sign of things to come. I've kind of neglected my Wii in recent times so I'm looking forward to having a chance to fire it up again.

Edge also loved Xenoblade, they seem to be very nice to Wii games recently. The games deserve it but it's a nice change from all the usual Wii-bashing.

quote from the review: "How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo’s hardware become the console it was always meant to be."

also, nice cover art:

No Caption Provided
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Contro

A decent start.

Super_Yosh_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Super_Yosh_64

this is a zelda game its obviously going to live up to the standards the other games have set

whoever thinks that a zelda game will be a flop is a complete idiot

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Marz

I'm going to buy the game, at the same time... i want to download it and run it on Dolphin so i can play it in real HD.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
    Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Twilight Princess also got crazy good reviews.

Hopefully this on is actually that good. TP was good but...I think Jeff nailed it on the head.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By benpack

Man I can't wait. At first I was a little cold on this game, but hearing the buzz has gotten me excited. I'll have to play through it when I go back home for Winter break, seeing as how I left my Wii with my parents.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By FreakAche

Ugh! I'm so ridiculously excited for this game! This might be the first time I actually attend a midnight launch!

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By paradox121

Sooooo gooooood.

It says something when Uncharted 3 and Batman AC are relegated to bullet points.

Above all else this is the best way to celebrate the franchise's 25th birthday; by proving its still relevant quarter of a century on.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Time to get the Wii out again!

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man i gotta buy a nunchuk a wii motion plus and the game just to play my wii 1 more time.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bribo

I am also giddy with excitement for Skyward Sword but the level of positivity on this thread can only assure that it will disappear without trace.

@Xtrememuffinman said:

Twilight Princess also got crazy good reviews. Hopefully this on is actually that good. TP was good but...I think Jeff nailed it on the head.

There you go. The element of doubt. Good work.

If I may also introduce a note of negativity, the trees in this game look like shit. Seriously, Mario 64 has better looking trees. I cannot remember a game with such poorly rendered foliage.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By JasonR86

You know...I'm still not that interested. There are so many other games and I only have so much money. This is way down on my list of games.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bribo

@JasonR86 said:

You know...I'm still not that interested. There are so many other games and I only have so much money. This is way down on my list of games.

It's because of the shitty trees, right?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33  Edited By JasonR86

@Bribo said:

@JasonR86 said:

If the game had SpeedTree support I might feel differently about it.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bribo

@JasonR86 said:

@Bribo said:

@JasonR86 said:

I think we all would, but SpeedTree are now perched on the same lofty bough as Unreal. They don't feel the need to branch out into Wii games. They would rather stick to their roots in PS3, 360 and PCs. From what I've read, they seem positively hostile to the idea, but I suspect their bark is worse than their bite.

Give me minute or two, I'm fairly sure I can construct a pun about chlorophyll.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hailinel

@Bribo said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Bribo said:

@JasonR86 said:

I think we all would, but SpeedTree are now perched on the same lofty bough as Unreal. They don't feel the need to branch out into Wii games. They would rather stick to their roots in PS3, 360 and PCs. From what I've read, they seem positively hostile to the idea, but I suspect their bark is worse than their bite.

Give me minute or two, I'm fairly sure I can construct a pun about chlorophyll.

I'll do that right now and make you green with envy.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By MEATBALL

The game just keeps looking better and better.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Afroman269

I was all like, "damn that game is still a ways off!" Fuck no it's not. Less than a month plus the rest of the other blockbuster releases! I am looking forward to finally putting a bullet into my Wii after finishing this game. (By putting a bullet it in, I mean pulling the plug and putting it in a dark closet somewhere. I still need for the eventual gamecube replays.)

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#38  Edited By MormonWarrior

@Contro said:

@Hailinel:

I'm a huge Zelda fan, have beaten every game in the series, and I DO want voice acting, even from Link. Just no Wand of Gamelon or "Excuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess" and I'll be glad. Keep him fairly quiet but confident.

Also, Jeff really docked it for having so many elements totally stuck in the past, holding the game back from really shining. For every neat thing it did, there were lots of really annoying quirks that really shouldn't have been there, from presentation issues to formulaic Zelda crap that's way overdone. He actually really hated that game but gave it what he felt was a fair (and safe) score.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Contro

@Afroman269 said:

I was all like, "damn that game is still a ways off!" Fuck no it's not. Less than a month plus the rest of the other blockbuster releases! I am looking forward to finally putting a bullet into my Wii after finishing this game. (By putting a bullet it in, I mean pulling the plug and putting it in a dark closet somewhere. I still need for the eventual gamecube replays.)

I'm looking to throw mine out of the window, but I can't do that until I get my Wii number loaded onto WiiU.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Simplexity

Guess what guys, the Zelda game is apparently good.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60

I'm going to be forced to buy a wii motion +

>.<

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, they may have sold a Wii.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#44  Edited By jacksukeru

I'll get a final use of all the stupid Wiimotion+ crap I bought, until the WiiU comes out that is.

I finished TP but was pretty down on it by the end, I haven't been excited for a Zelda game since, UNTIL NOW!

I have really high hopes for it, but have tempered my expectations to how it would actually tell its story. With the last few Zelda games I expected them to more thoroughly establish a timeline and make plenty of references to the other entries, but as time went on I have come to realize that, that's not really their gameplan and thus I shouldn't expect it either. If I did, I'm sure I would be disappointed.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DeF

@CL60 said:

I'm going to be forced to buy a wii motion +

>.<

if you just get the limited edition you're gonna end up saving money. wiimote plus in gold plus the game (and soundtrack). beats buying that annoying add on.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By superfriend

I would not trust the Edge review alone, but this game is looking really good. Have no doubts that it will at least be a great Zelda game. Maybe not the best ever, because nostalgia for OoT can go a long way and cloud your mind.

My Wii is ready. Bring it on!

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Marzy

Thanks for those quotes Contro. I've not bought ONM, but I think I'll get that issue of EDGE. I love the cover art on both.

Reading them quotes about the controls makes me very happy, it was my only concern for the game and it sounds like Nintendo have pulled it off.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Contro

@Marzy said:

Thanks for those quotes Contro. I've not bought ONM, but I think I'll get that issue of EDGE. I love the cover art on both.

Reading them quotes about the controls makes me very happy, it was my only concern for the game and it sounds like Nintendo have pulled it off.

I'm definitely buying that EDGE also. I've always liked their covers.

Me too, but I suppose they've had a long time to hone them.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#49  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't trust a review of the most important Nintendo first party release of the last three years from Official Nintendo Magazine. Nonetheless, things seem to be looking up for this game. Hopefully it will not underwhelm the same way Twilight Princess did.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hailinel

@ArbitraryWater said:

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't trust a review of the most important Nintendo first party release of the last three years from Official Nintendo Magazine. Nonetheless, things seem to be looking up for this game. Hopefully it will not underwhelm the same way Twilight Princess did.

Well, part of Twilight Princess's problem was that they had to take time away from development to make a Wii version using controls that the game wasn't originally meant to use. According to the latest Iwata Asks column, Nintendo's worked on Skyward Sword for five years, and the game is specific to a single platform, so if anything, the game shouldn't feel rushed, and the basic mechanics should feel like they belong on the Wii. Whether the game rises above the level of Twilight Princess is still up for debate, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.