Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

what do you think about torchlight ?

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

I played for 1-2 hour and up to lvl 8 with my destroyer. I am really liking it so far and I love the pet. I have encountered a few AI glitches were the enemy and allies get suck behind a wall or something. 
    SO how do you feel about this game ?

Beating up skeletons is fun as always !
     Beating up skeletons is fun as always !
    Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turtlefuzz

Played through the Demo with the Alchemist on Hard, I enjoy it. I like the graphical style and for $20, it seems like a good deal.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I played the demo also, for about 30 minutes. Seems like it would get old after a while, but I really enjoyed the massive amounts of loot you get.

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Von

Played it up until around lvl 13 with the female character sporting dual guns. Both add health and mana for every shot. This game is so much fun, but I haven't had any AI glitches. Maybe because I move around a lot with the character as to avoid close combat too much. 

Still can't believe they sell it this cheap though, it's worth twice that amount.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

I wouldn't get it and just wait for the inevitable multiplayer version but since it has mod support they're at least trying to make it last for its buyers (even if it doesn't actually manage to get a community going) so I'm downloading it right now since the base game's fun.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By guiseppe

I like it. I'm having more fun with it that I expected.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kohe321

Haven't bought it yet, but I will soon. Brad's quick look sold me.

fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By fleppie

Really love it, totally worth $20 (or 14 euros over here) The way the Berserker plays feels like the barbarian in Diablo 3 from the looks of it. His attacks feel powerful and ultra-damaging as it should. This is what Immortal Throne was missing imho: the feeling that you are ultra-powerful.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By DanielJW

I'm playing a Destroyer, currently at level 8 I believe... maybe 9. Anyways I'm loving it, it's exactly the type of game I was looking for to keep on my laptop.  

Way more fun than I expected to have with it. 

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowKiller

I've honestly never heard anything about it until I seen the quick look today and I'm kind of mad since I bought the Diablo battlechest about 3 days ago for $50 and I could of got this for way less. It looks great so far so though, when I get bored of Diablo I'll probably go check it out.

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By leviathan

I'm the same with everyone else. Better than i expected. Feels very similar to Diablo II, even the hotkeys are the same, the ui etc. All in all, great game, that I wish was just longer and a bit more fleshed out. I wish they spent more time on it and tried to make it a bigger game and increased the price point accordingly. I say this because i just want more of the game, I'm really enjoying it.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan

Diablo is one of my favorite games of all time, so more Diablo style dungeon crawling is fine by me. 

I played the demo, instantly loved it.  However I am going to hold out on buying the full game since I have already spent way too much money on Steam in the past two weeks.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Axersia

Played it for nearly 8 hours and currently have a lvl 20 Alchemist. Loving it so far, although I did wish I had followed Brad's advice and picked something higher than Normal Mode... I put all my stat points into Magic and the combat has been kind of a snoozefest because enemies will be long dead before they can even get to me. It is quite satisfying to take out a group of 20 enemies in like 3 secs with the continously firing "Ember Lance" though -- I'll give it that.

Also, even though I mainly stick to magic, playing him as a melee character is still a viable option as well. When an Alchemist equips a staff, his melee attack strength becomes equal to his magic attack strength, so there's really no reason to up your Attack stat as well unless you wanna become proficient with other weaponry. As for my Defense stat... well, even though it's still at its base level, I find that armor alone provides sufficient defense for that to not be much of an issue.

circaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By circaender

I have played for around 3 hours. Just hit level 10 and having a blast. I really like that you get 4 spell slots on top of your skill tree. It adds something to the game.  

I started out on hard and it seems to be a good balance.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By demonbear

Like i said elsewhere, its Mythos but better. So its great!

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Alex_V

I'm enjoying it hugely. The pathfinding issues I've experienced are incredibly minor.

Dirune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dirune

Been playing the game on and off today. Loved Mythos. Love Torchlight even more. Does anyone have any estimates for how long the campaign story is (hours wise)? Just beat the colossus that was shaking the town and am wondering how long I've got before the story ends.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've only heard about it but since I enjoy the Diablo series I guess I should pick this one up.

Scooopex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Scooopex

I was surprised about how fun this game is. And I love all the loot:D A nice game to play while I wait for Borderlands to be released in Europe

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alex_V
    @Dirune said:
    Loved Mythos.
    Am I missing something? I thought Mythos was unreleased?
    cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By cinemandrew

It's really fantastic. It's like Fate 2.0, which in itself was a Diablo clone. The art style is fantastic, and the gameplay is just like clasic Diablo. I would be playing that game non-stop if I wasn't playing Borderlands so goddamn much. The fact that I've been playing it at all when it came out the day after Borderlands is pretty impressive (to me at least).

pignoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pignoli

Loving it. It absolutely nails all the fun bits and pieces missing from the otherwise technically great Titan Quest + IT. Just a shame that I have to work today!

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @pignoli said:
    " Loving it. It absolutely nails all the fun bits and pieces missing from the otherwise technically great Titan Quest + IT. Just a shame that I have to work today! "
    Yeah I agree with you, I finished Titan quest + expansion two times but there seemed to be something missing or wrong. for example  the inventory system was garbage in TQ and a little better in IT but still it was junk . Torchlight seems to solve most of that problem with the pet.  And yeah I am dying to get home and play it some more but I am stuck at the local high school  library studying... 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scooper

I had a ton of fun going through the demo as a warrior on Hard but by the time I finished the demo and done the 2 optional dungeons I was about done with the game. That's just my lack of patience though, the game itself is great.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Teirdome

It's solid.  I'm really enjoying it.  The only knock against it is the lack of multiplayer, but hopefully it will sell well enough for the developer to make the MMO.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Driadon
    @Alex_V said:
    " @Dirune said:
    Loved Mythos.
    Am I missing something? I thought Mythos was unreleased? "
    There was a good long closed beta before it got shut down. 

As for Torchlight: I'm really surprised in this game so far. It has a lot more meat then I was expecting for a $20 game. I'm hoping to get my hands on these mod tools soon,  I wanna see how I can make my own classes and dungeons.
    ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @Teirdome said:
    " It's solid.  I'm really enjoying it.  The only knock against it is the lack of multiplayer, but hopefully it will sell well enough for the developer to make the MMO. "
    a co-op mode would be nice to. but I hear this game is mod able so maybe some great guy will make one :P
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
    @ShadowKiller said:
    "I bought the Diablo battlechest about 3 days ago for $50"
    Dude, what?
    fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By fleppie

Hope they release an add-on with more classes and mutiplayer down the line. So far I am really enjoying it. Hit level 21 this morning.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShadowKiller
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @ShadowKiller said:
    Dude, what? "
    Yeah I live in Canada where it's still almost the same price as a new game in most stores in the area. I just really wanted to play Diablo after hearing great things and so far I think it was worth it.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By ajamafalous
    @ShadowKiller said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @ShadowKiller said:
    Dude, what? "
    Yeah I live in Canada where it's still almost the same price as a new game in most stores in the area. I just really wanted to play Diablo after hearing great things and so far I think it was worth it. "
    I bought the battlechest 6 or 7 years ago for $19.99. : /
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @eroticfishcake said:
    "

I've only heard about it but since I enjoy the Diablo series I guess I should pick this one up.

"
    Dude yeah. I got this game and it is SO Diablo. Brad said it in the quick look and you got to see it a bit. But actually playing it makes you realize exactly how much like Diablo it is. It's great, highly recommended.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @JJWeatherman: I'll take your word (and everyone elses) for it then. Guess I'll buy it when I've got the money and time to play it.
    Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By Teirdome
    @eroticfishcake: One of my favorite features of Torchlight is that it saves your progress so you can stop at any time unlike the Diablos.  It makes having time to play not an issue.  Of course the problem is that you won't ever WANT to stop playing.
    WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I just got this today and it kicks ass. it's exactly what I need to fill in the gap between now and Diablo III; I've literally pumped about 6 hours into it already; 4 of them consecutive. 
    Brad was right when he said it was too easy though, I'm playing on Hard and I've only been close to death a couple times and that was because I got careless. Next character's going on Very Hard.
    I'm also suprised just how much some basic physics adds to a game like this, it's just so satisfying to wade into a pack of pygmies and send them all flying with an AoE slash.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.