The Wii is now done, what is the best Wii game?

• 120 results
#1 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

The Wii launched way back when in 2006, thats a good 6 years ago, in those 6 years we have had some amazing games and some crap games. Many will say the Wii was filled with nothing but casual crap, but that is not the case. Now with the Wii U just around the corner, and pretty much no new games coming out for the Wii, we can finally have the debate.

What is the best Wii game?

It's been a while since I personally sat down and played through a Wii game from start to finish, I may be mad but i remember enjoying Resident Evil 4 for the Wii more than the PS2 version.

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Probably Galaxy 2. At least for me.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (8560 posts) -

I'm not sure about best, but Monster Hunter Tri is the Wii game that I've played/enjoyed the most.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (5366 posts) -

Not a Poll? Huh....

My personal and favorite wii game.....I'll still go with their launch title Twilight Princess. I really love this game. You could say Galaxy 1 or 2 and I won't argue with that but I'm more of a Zelda person so I will lean toward that title. Still need to play Galaxy 2 but I doubt I will enjoy it more than TP.

And FUCK Skyward Sword. That is all.

#5 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (634 posts) -

I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Little King Story...

#6 Posted by Nightriff (5366 posts) -

@Hizang: Let people know if anyone votes for Rock Revolution, they should be banned

#7 Posted by csl316 (9515 posts) -

Galaxy 2. Wasn't big on the first, but something about the sequel just resonated with me.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is definitely a close second.

#8 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

Probably the original Galaxy, with Xenoblade, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Sakura Wars as honourable mentions.

#9 Posted by EVO (3942 posts) -

I haven't played a ton of Wii games, but Super Mario Galaxy was phenomenal. The sequel didn't wow me as much.

#10 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (634 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Galaxy 2. Wasn't big on the first, but something about the sequel just resonated with me. Donkey Kong Country Returns is definitely a close second.

That something is Miyamoto not holding back gameplay ideas his young designers had proposed for the original. He feared gamers would find some of their level design too tricky, and motion-sickness inducing.

#11 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3089 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

Galaxy 2 is my favorite game from this generation. So ill pick it

#13 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

Resident Evil 4

#14 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

Best i've played would be No More Heroes 2.

#15 Posted by evanbower (1216 posts) -

I always forget about Metroid Prime 3 since it was such an early release.. but, I love that game.

#16 Edited by ShiftyMagician (2133 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy. I didn't play many other Wii games so my vote for best Wii game is subjective and without true proper knowledge and credibility, but that game was charming in its looks, had great memorable music, smart level design and put a smile on my face for just about the whole time I played it.

#17 Edited by TechnoSyndrome (962 posts) -

Honestly? No More Heroes. The first one, not the second. It's quirky, bizarre, unique, and I'm one of like eight people who honestly thought the combat was better than just okay. I liked 2, but it felt rough in a lot of places in an unfinished way, rather than the deliberate feeling NMH1 seemed to have. Runner up would be Skyward Sword, which I really enjoyed and don't get why people hate. It's not as good as Ocarina, Majora, or Wind Waker, but it beats the hell out of Twilight Princess.

Also since so many people love it it's probably worth noting I haven't played Galaxy 2 yet. When it first came out I wanted to finish Galaxy 1 as Luigi, which I hadn't done yet, and when I eventually just realized I wasn't enjoying replaying Galaxy 1 enough time had passed that I don't feel like I should still have to pay $50 for it, so to this day I still don't own a copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2. From what I've seen and heard Galaxy 2 fixes a lot of the issues I had with the original, so maybe once I play it it'll become my favorite Wii game.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
#19 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

Galaxy 1 or 2 for me. Prime 3 and Muramasa or both really good too though.

#20 Edited by Daiphyer (1352 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Probably Definitely one of the best games of this generation.

#21 Posted by MoonlightMoth (479 posts) -

The best? Super Mario Galaxy 1/2. My Favourite? Xenoblade Chronicles.

#22 Posted by Shaunage (733 posts) -

Galaxy 2.

#23 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I'm going to have to say the original Super Mario Galaxy. Although you can't go wrong with either Galaxy game.

#24 Posted by Catarrhal (860 posts) -

I'm proud to own a Wii for one reason only, and that's No More Heroes.

#25 Posted by corruptsaves (221 posts) -

The Wii has had great games but the looks of it, I haven't got a Wii though as there never seemed like there were enough games on the horizon for it. Suspect that the same will happen with the Wii U. Maybe if Wii HD collections start coming out it will be a good excuse to get one. I'm very much looking forward to eventually playing games like Galaxy, No More Heroes 2, Madworld, Xenogears, Little Kings Story, Rhythm Paradise, Metroid Prime and Zelda.

If they release old Gamecube games on the new system, I never played F-Zero and Eternal Darkness. I've gone a bit of track here but I'm bringing myself round to considering a Wii U later down the line if it's done right.

#26 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6405 posts) -

Mario Kart Wii. Holy balls, was that game fun. I'm also gonna be that guy and say Wii Sports. Seriously, that game brought my family together like no other game before it, and we all still play it when we get together. That's pretty awesome.

#27 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

I really enjoyed Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, both of the Zelda's and ofcourse Smash Bros.

Monster Hunter Tri's gotta be the biggest surprise though, loved that game.

#28 Posted by Marzy (675 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy, hands down.

#29 Posted by JamesJeux007 (506 posts) -

Nobody mentioned Rhythm Heaven Fever yet ? What is wrong with you people ?!

Also, Trauma Team... Such a shame that game is overlooked (the QL is really funny but does not show the game at all !) because it is one hell of a game.

#30 Posted by GunstarRed (5483 posts) -

Out of the handful I have played Skyward Sword, with Galaxy being second.

#31 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Mario Galaxy 1. I thought the sequel was massively disappointing but the original is easily one of the best games this generation, if not ever.

#32 Posted by Legend (2664 posts) -

I haven't played that many Wii games, but from the ones I've played, Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda: Skyward Sword were the ones I enjoyed the most. Of these two, I'd say SMG is probably the best. I guess no surprise there. :)

#33 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11415 posts) -

So far as games released on the Wii goes, Twilight Princess.

But if you're talking Wii exclusives... Maybe Skyward Sword. I dunno.

#34 Posted by RedCream (694 posts) -

It's a tie between Xenoblade Chronicles and Trauma Team can't really say much on the games I haven't played yet though.

#35 Posted by Hexuality (29 posts) -

Galaxy and the Prime Trilogy. Also, Megaman 9.

#36 Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

I know many people don't like it, but I adore Twilight Princess. And of course the Prime Trilogy is just fucking amazing.

#37 Posted by AsperGamer (161 posts) -

At the very top of my list easily is:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

I really loved that game and have played it through multiple times.

Other games I own and have really enjoyed are:

Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City

Metroid Prime 3

Little King's Story

Battalion Wars 2

The House of the Dead: Overkill

Resident Evil 4

Mario Kart Wii

Captain Rainbow

A Boy and His Blob

Opoona

Dewy's Adventure

Silent Hill: Shattered Menories

Super Smash Bros

Super Mario Galaxy 1

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Paper Mario

Sakura Wars: So Long My Lovely

Monster Hunter Tri

WarioWare Smooth Moves

Trauma Centre: New Blood

Trauma Centre: Second Opinion

Wii Fit

Wii Sports

Wii Sports Resort

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces

Rune Factory Frontiers

Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

No More Heroes

No More Heroes 2

Red Steel 2

Murumasa: The Demon Blade

NIGHTS: Journey Into Dreams

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers

Elebits

Link's Crossbow Training

Arc Fise Fantasia

De Blob

Dead Space Extraction

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Endless Ocean

The Last Story

Xenoblade Chronicles

Mario Strikers Charged

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Rabbids Go Home

Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Wario Land Shake It

Kirby's Adventure Wii

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Mario Party 9

Epic Mickey

Excite Truck

Madworld

Metroid: The Other M

They are the games that stood out as the most fun for me. I have others, but these are the best. I can provide a photo if you doubt my sincerity. There is still a handful of games I still must try - New Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country Returns for a start.

#38 Posted by Bulby33 (618 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2 for me, as well. 

Metroid Prime 3 is also dope.

#39 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -

muramasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#40 Edited by hostyl1 (20 posts) -

It took over 35 posts to get to the real answer to this question, and even then it was buried in a list of like 50 games, some of questionable quality. (Seriously, Elebits?)

My vote is for Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure. It is the first game I recommended to all those 'casual' Wii owners who were looking for that "other" game to play beside Wii Sports. It used the controller well, had a great art style, and good humor. Oh and the puzzles were pretty interesting too.

I suppose that a strong case could be made for Wii Sports though. I think that almost *everyone* universally enjoyed that game.

#41 Posted by Shortbreadtom (866 posts) -

I'd say Super Mario Galaxy 1. Something about the second one just felt soulless to me.

#42 Posted by RainDog505 (102 posts) -

Kirby's Epic Yarn

#43 Posted by Hunter5024 (5981 posts) -

I only got my wii a couple months ago, and I'm far from playing all of the games that I believe I should, but my choice is easily Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Skyward Sword are also really awesome (but flawed).

#44 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Best Wii game was decided back when Mario Galaxy was released. That game is amazing.

#45 Edited by cheezfang (11 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2; there were a few games that I never got to play on Wii like Skyward Sword, New SMB Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, Little King's Story, but I'd be willing to guess I wouldn't like any of them better than SMG2. World of Goo is probably my second favorite, then SMG1

#46 Posted by Dixavd (1380 posts) -

Skyward Sword - it is for me (being in my top 5 games of all time - possibly even top 3).

#47 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

I really really liked Twilight Princess but No More Heroes as far as being made for the Wii and using it is probably my favorite, even though I should say Smash Brawl since I bought the thing just for that game.

#48 Posted by isomeri (1423 posts) -

Twilight Princess.

#49 Posted by Vextroid (1430 posts) -

Punch Out!! is probably the most fun I have had on the Wii.

Also RE4 Wii Edition and Rhythm Heaven Fever.

#50 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Galaxy 2, one of the best games ever

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.