Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Weekly Wii #1 (hey xbox fanboys....)

• 53 results
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Edited By demontium

Weekly Wii #1

So I am going to basically getting one wii game a week. Pretty much to show all the people who say "my wii is collecting dust " that they just A.) need to get a Wii first or B.) Need to know which game to get.  

These will be short segments on my reasons why to  

These are not reviews; rather, they are experiences with great Wii games you can enjoy too! I will buy one Wii title per week, including games that have already come out that I do not have yet. I will only go to an old title if no decent Wii title releases the week of.

So this week's game is Megaman 10.  

Exclusive to Wii until March 31    

1000 Wii Points (10 USD) 

Have you ever played or heard about those golden classics? Have you ever wanted to try those out?! 
    What about those who used to play those classics?! Well hand CAPCOM 10 bucks then, because Megaman 10 is one of the best Wiiware titles out there. Its hard to expand on such a nostalgic and simply fun experience.    

The quirky (awesome) cutscenes 

From the music to the feel of the NES Wii control, from the cutscenes to those challenging segments, this game gives me goosebumps. Speaking of challenge: this game is not easy. In fact, all those who are really looking for a challenge on Wii, look no further, this ain't no cooking mama. If Wii was for kids, than megaman is on the wrong platform. You will die.

If you know who protoman is, than this game is already on your console (or should be). But he is an alternative to megaman, and IMO much more fun. The bosses are a little too goofy for my taste, not in the way that sheep man is, but in the way some are designed, like the water master variation. This is just a nitpick from a CAPCOMmunity boy.  

So go buy this game if you are even remotely interested in platformers, nintendo, and/or nostalgia.  
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demontium

Weekly Wii #1

So I am going to basically getting one wii game a week. Pretty much to show all the people who say "my wii is collecting dust " that they just A.) need to get a Wii first or B.) Need to know which game to get.  

These will be short segments on my reasons why to  

These are not reviews; rather, they are experiences with great Wii games you can enjoy too! I will buy one Wii title per week, including games that have already come out that I do not have yet. I will only go to an old title if no decent Wii title releases the week of.

So this week's game is Megaman 10.  

Exclusive to Wii until March 31    

1000 Wii Points (10 USD) 

Have you ever played or heard about those golden classics? Have you ever wanted to try those out?! 
    What about those who used to play those classics?! Well hand CAPCOM 10 bucks then, because Megaman 10 is one of the best Wiiware titles out there. Its hard to expand on such a nostalgic and simply fun experience.    

The quirky (awesome) cutscenes 

From the music to the feel of the NES Wii control, from the cutscenes to those challenging segments, this game gives me goosebumps. Speaking of challenge: this game is not easy. In fact, all those who are really looking for a challenge on Wii, look no further, this ain't no cooking mama. If Wii was for kids, than megaman is on the wrong platform. You will die.

If you know who protoman is, than this game is already on your console (or should be). But he is an alternative to megaman, and IMO much more fun. The bosses are a little too goofy for my taste, not in the way that sheep man is, but in the way some are designed, like the water master variation. This is just a nitpick from a CAPCOMmunity boy.  

So go buy this game if you are even remotely interested in platformers, nintendo, and/or nostalgia.  
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Well, that is a good start, but, ummmmmm, why the hell do you feel the need to do that or prove anything?  That is just asking for derision.  It took me 3 years to accumulate 84 retail games on the Wii and sure as hell, I won't be adding 52 this year.  8-9 weeks in and I am at just 4 (the 360 is winning the home console sales [but not play time] for me this year at 6 - but the DS is beating that at about 12).  I can't see this thread working out for you man.  Good luck anyway.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By animateria

Anyone with a dusty Wii please give it to me.

I'll take good care of it and feed it quality games often.

Also, demontium. Are you made out of money? Or just buying the cheap stuff?

Anyways, I'm gonna get me a Wii soon. Unless some kind folk will allow me to adopt their poor neglected Wii.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @animateria said:
    " Anyone with a dusty Wii please give it to me. I'll take good care of it and feed it quality games often.  Also, demontium. Are you made out of money? Or just buying the cheap stuff?  Anyways, I'm gonna get me a Wii soon. Unless some kind folk will allow me to adopt their poor neglected Wii. "
    If you believe some of the people around here, they would happy to pay you to take it away  :-)
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Godwind

Seriously?  Hey Xbox fanboys?

Most of us aren't loyal to Nintendo, we just like the products they sell us.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scullinator

nice avatar

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By luce

Still don't regret selling my Wii (that might change once Metroid: other M comes out)

Also
    @Godwind said:

" Seriously?  Hey Xbox fanboys?  Most of us aren't loyal to Nintendo, we just like the products they sell us. "

Nice boobs
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godwind
    @Scullinator said:

" nice avatar "

Thank You.

@luce said:

" Still don't regret selling my Wii (that might change once Metroid: other M comes out)

Also
    @Godwind said:

" Seriously?  Hey Xbox fanboys?  Most of us aren't loyal to Nintendo, we just like the products they sell us. "
    Nice boobs "

I know.  Want to squeeze them?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

Imagine if anyone gave a fuck about this type of thread.

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Korne

There are a lot of great games on the wii... but they are not quite the mainstream AAA titles that the other systems have. Games like Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes, Muramasa, Silent Hill SM, Little Kings Story, Rabbids Go Home, Boom Blocks, Okami and Pikmin Remakes, and the great catalogue of virtual console and wiiware games.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " Imagine if anyone gave a fuck about this type of thread. "
    Like you?  I can smell the irony  :-)
    j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By j_drace

The only thing the Wii is good for is the VC and the very few good exclusives that come out for it and I'm not talking about those shit age 2-7 player games or the Mario rehashes.  I remember camping for 21 hours outside of Best Buy to buy a Wii on launch and then after about a year I ended up selling it.  I regret selling it, not because I feel the urge to play it because it was collecting dust anyways, but because I feel like I got ripped off for it.  I do really LOVE Zelda games though.  Another thing is that those VC games can't compare to actual quality games like Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2 and by pointing out that the VC games are the only good ones for Wii you aren't justifying the $200 price tag when roms can be easily obtained.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Like you?  I can smell the irony  :-) "
    Coming into a thread, reading the top line and posting an eleven word comment isn't even close to giving a fuck. Unless you think clicking a thread is the same as reading and paying attention to it, in which case your aspergers is showing.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    ZING !
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Willy105
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Coming into a thread, reading the top line and posting an eleven word comment isn't even close to giving a fuck. Unless you think clicking a thread is the same as reading and paying attention to it, in which case your aspergers is showing. "
    I'm guessing you are new to internet etiquette. Because posting in a thread means you acknowledge it.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Wii is awesome, i just wish i played mine more often. I'm into RPG's but can't seem to find many ones for the Wii.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17  Edited By Symphony
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Coming into a thread, reading the top line and posting an eleven word comment isn't even close to giving a fuck. Unless you think clicking a thread is the same as reading and paying attention to it, in which case your aspergers is showing. "
    Would that mean your OCD is showing since you feel the need to obsessively click on and comment in threads you don't give a shit about?

Hey, let's all play wannabe psychologists on teh internetz!
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Meowayne

I like my Xbox.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've actually been thinking about dusty off my Wii and giving it another round and replaying some games. I've wanted to write a blog series on the Wii for about a month now, but it'd be easier if I refreshed my memory a little bit.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Meowayne

I have finally finished DeBlob today so I could start yet another game (Endless Ocean 2) with a semi-clean conciousness. The last level and boss battle make me kinda sad the rest of the game wasn't as challenging. 

And I replayed Excitebots after a long, long hiatus. The game is awesome! The red bars are really the only thing even remotely bad or annoying about this game. The pacing is great, the mechanic is great, the speed is great, it looks and sounds good, it has a lot of content + nice online modes, etc pp)

Sure its not F-Zero, but you cannot say Nintendo hasn't delivered quality on the high-speed funracer front on the Wii.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Willy105 said:
    "I'm guessing you are new to internet etiquette. Because posting in a thread means you acknowledge it. "
    Unless you're working in absolutes, acknowledging and caring and giving a fuck aren't the same thing.  

@Symphony said:
    "Would that mean your OCD is showing since you feel the need to obsessively click on and comment in threads you don't give a shit about?  Hey, let's all play wannabe psychologists on teh internetz! "
    Well, no, seeing as I don't click on every thread so it's neither obsessive nor compulsive but keep on playing wannabe comedians though, maybe one day you'll raise a smirk.
    tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By tariqari
    @animateria said:
    " Anyone with a dusty Wii please give it to me. I'll take good care of it and feed it quality games often.  Also, demontium. Are you made out of money? Or just buying the cheap stuff?  Anyways, I'm gonna get me a Wii soon. Unless some kind folk will allow me to adopt their poor neglected Wii. "
    Why do you have to be made of money to buy a downloadable wii game a week?  The max they cost is like 15 bux.  So in a month you would spend 75 max.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By animateria
    @tariqari said:
    " @animateria said:
    Why do you have to be made of money to buy a downloadable wii game a week?  The max they cost is like 15 bux.  So in a month you would spend 75 max. "
    Ah, that makes sense, I thought you included disk based games into the mix as well. I guess I missed that part.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24  Edited By damnboyadvance
    @demontium said:
    "go buy this game if you are even remotely interested in platformers, nintendo, and/or nostalgia.   "
    No.
    Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Synthballs

I'm getting sick of every thread about the Wii focusing on how everyone is wrong and there are quality games. If people don't want to go out of there way to find if there are decent games then let them suffer.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By jonnyboy

OK, but I would have started with a Wii game. Not a game that's exclusive to the Wii for 30 days and represents games built on 20 year old technology. Impress me with something I can waggle a wiimote at.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @CrazyManAndy said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    "I'm guessing you are new to internet etiquette. Because posting in a thread means you acknowledge it. "
    Unless you're working in absolutes, acknowledging and caring and giving a fuck aren't the same thing. 
    Only Sith deal in absolutes! "
    Great, I've just spat Pepsi Max everywhere. Good arrows.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I love all three of my consoles(I just play some more than others...)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#29  Edited By Claude

Good Luck, pretty interesting game for a start.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fallen189
    @Symphony said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    Would that mean your OCD is showing since you feel the need to obsessively click on and comment in threads you don't give a shit about?  Hey, let's all play wannabe psychologists on teh internetz! "
    I think you have sexy disorder!
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By animateria

If you think about it though, this game is multi-platform.

Doesn't really say much about the Wii in all honesty.

Maybe exclusives like the Bit Trip stuff is a better representation of the Wii.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    I am curious HD, are you even aware what Aspergers is?  If you did, you would realise that your attempt to insult me made no sense.  You should really just stop, it is making you look desperate.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    I am curious HD, are you even aware what Aspergers is?  If you did, you would realise that your attempt to insult me made no sense.  You should really just stop, it is making you look desperate. "
    I do, so I'm completely unsurprised at how you didn't make the connection.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:

" @oldschool said:

" @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    I am curious HD, are you even aware what Aspergers is?  If you did, you would realise that your attempt to insult me made no sense.  You should really just stop, it is making you look desperate. "
    I do, so I'm completely unsurprised at how you didn't make the connection. "
    Repeat:  You should really just stop, it is making you look desperate.      
    Quit while you are behind.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:

" @oldschool said:

" @HandsomeDead said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    I do, so I'm completely unsurprised at how you didn't make the connection. "
    Repeat:  You should really just stop, it is making you look desperate.      Quit while you are behind. "
    Behind what?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man the giantbomb community are dicks, there are a lot of fanboys that diss the Wii hes just trying to prove that it is a worthy console, jesus christ.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By oldschool
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " Man the giantbomb community are dicks, there are a lot of fanboys that diss the Wii hes just trying to prove that it is a worthy console, jesus christ. "
    Wii can be positive or Wii can be negative - we choose how to expend our energy.  For some, being negative is a way of life.  We all fall into the trap of being negative at times, but the trick is to not enjoy being negative most, if not all of the time.   Its all about the fun man  xP

You Fried Chicken scares me  :/
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By frankxiv
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " Man the giantbomb community are dicks, there are a lot of fanboys that diss the Wii hes just trying to prove that it is a worthy console, jesus christ. "
    he would do better to spotlight something that isn't coming out on xbla if he's gonna put "hey xbox fanboys" right in the title.
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Metric_Outlaw
    @CornontheCobbe said:
    " Wii is awesome, i just wish i played mine more often. I'm into RPG's but can't seem to find many ones for the Wii. "
    Yeah I agree, I enjoy my Wii I just find it hard to enjoy playing it.

I also think you need to pick something that isn't on every console (or will be soon) to show how great the Wii is. I mean I can have the exact same experience on my 360 or PS3 just with a different controller. Try to use games that use the Wii's unique abilities.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By oldschool
    @onimonkii said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    he would do better to spotlight something that isn't coming out on xbla if he's gonna put "hey xbox fanboys" right in the title. "
    I think most of us here think that part of the title was a mistake to include.  Still, we can move on from that - right?
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By breadfan

Why is it that any Wii related thread appears it is greeted by the same trolls? 

Anyway, I guess if you've got the money to spend have fun playing all of those games.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By inkeiren

If you like the Wii, that's fine. If it is your primary game console, that's fine. However,  there are good reasons why most people who play video games spend more time on their PS3 and/or Xbox360.

I realize many people would consider it fine, but I can't help but feel offended when someone jokes about Aspergers. Sometimes I feel I'm just too genteel for the internet.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By demontium

Holy Moly, i just say nice things about a game and get flamed? 

wow...@oldschool said:

" Well, that is a good start, but, ummmmmm, why the hell do you feel the need to do that or prove anything?  That is just asking for derision.  It took me 3 years to accumulate 84 retail games on the Wii and sure as hell, I won't be adding 52 this year.  8-9 weeks in and I am at just 4 (the 360 is winning the home console sales [but not play time] for me this year at 6 - but the DS is beating that at about 12).  I can't see this thread working out for you man.  Good luck anyway. "
    its a self goal as well, as well as showing off the sexy wii library 
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By demontium
    @animateria said:
    Lol, I shoulda mentioned I am getting sponsored to do this.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andorski

How the hell are you guys finding the time to play a new game a week?

Do you guys have a DeLorean??

... I want your DeLorean.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By carlthenimrod

I didn't finish 9 and probably won't bother to purchase 10. These games only make me want to go back and play Mega Man 2, which I consider the greatest Mega Man game of all time.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Godwind
    @Bucketdeth said:

The problem is the presentation. Not really cool to say "Hey xbox fanboys."  Quite frankly it is insulting and not needed. There are better ways to do that such as making lists such as this and this.  He means well, but his execution is poor.  It should focus on being informative, not flame baitish. 

@oldschool

said:

" @Bucketdeth said:

Wii can be positive or Wii can be negative - we choose how to expend our energy.  For some, being negative is a way of life.  We all fall into the trap of being negative at times, but the trick is to not enjoy being negative most, if not all of the time.   Its all about the fun man  xP You Fried Chicken scares me  :/ "
    Buckethead?  That is his avatar and an obvious fan.

@TimAllen624 said:

" @CornontheCobbe said:

" Wii is awesome, i just wish i played mine more often. I'm into RPG's but can't seem to find many ones for the Wii. "
    Yeah I agree, I enjoy my Wii I just find it hard to enjoy playing it.  I also think you need to pick something that isn't on every console (or will be soon) to show how great the Wii is. I mean I can have the exact same experience on my 360 or PS3 just with a different controller. Try to use games that use the Wii's unique abilities. "

multiplatforms are part of the experience of any game console, so he should buy games he is interested in.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By rjayb89

Coming April 2010
     Coming April 2010
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By demontium
    @rjayb89 said:
    "
     Coming April 2010
     Coming April 2010
    "
    the pro is high quality.
    TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TinaWood
    @Br3adfan said:
    " Why is it that any Wii related thread appears it is greeted by the same trolls?  Anyway, I guess if you've got the money to spend have fun playing all of those games. "

I know, every time I come into a Wii thread it's always the same nasty idiots doing what they do best - making themselves look like total dicks. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.