Sick of Microsoft

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -

My 3rd Xbox360 just red ringed..I have yet to own a 360 for more then 1 year..I don't know where I am going with this.

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

Funny story, just turned my 360 on like an hour ago and seen it.  Turned it off and back on and now it's fine.  I hope I don't get a 2nd red ring on the same system.  :-(

#3 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -

I've tried mine twice, still get the the redrings..

#4 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Your avatar sums up your situation well.

#5 Edited by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity: Thats sure does stinks. Maybe it will lead you right to the store to get your self a PS3, who knows. 

Were all the 360's that dies on you new or its just the same one failing over and over?
#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

I'm still on my launch 360.  What now?

#7 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -
@Mordukai:  There all new I still have the broken ones.. I can almost make a house of 360s
#8 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -

My 360 has red ringed so many times I lost count. Fucking cheap Microsoft won't replace it.

#9 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I'm sick of these threads.


See what I did there? Suck it up, you're not the only one with this problem.
#10 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity: SO how much did you spend overall on 360 systems?
#11 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -
@Vinchenzo: You do have a point I just wanted to vent a little it
#12 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -
@Mordukai:  the 1st one was a PRO so lets say 300.00,  then 2 Brand New Arcades for 220
#13 Posted by Brendan (7663 posts) -

All my systems have been replaced for free, they have an automatic free 3 year warranty on all systems.  They clearly need to lower their HDD prices though, those are complete bullshit.  

#14 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity: so is the third one an arcade too? Also stupid question, why haven't you sent any of them in?
#15 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
@iAmJohn: Your screwed if yours red rings
#16 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @ConfusedSanity: so is the third one an arcade too? Also stupid question, why haven't you sent any of them in? "
what he said ^---
#17 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity said:
" My 3rd Xbox360 just red ringed..I have yet to own a 360 for more then 1 year..I don't know where I am going with this. "
Yeah I usually get really pissed off at Microsoft around the time after my 360 breaks. After you get it back you will love them again, trust me.
#18 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -

Just never got around to sending them back.

#19 Posted by ez123 (1943 posts) -

I'm so glad I got the Best Buy Product Replacement Plan.

Online
#20 Posted by cspiffo (860 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity said:
" Just never got around to sending them back. "
That's your dumb fault then. 
#21 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

im tellin you that failure rating is WAY over 33% t

#22 Posted by Monopolized (454 posts) -

I can still  send them back.. I'll just need to send them in bulk

#23 Posted by ThomasP (1655 posts) -

Yeah, I had one red ring and then I sold it. Haven't gotten another one since. It's a sad thing.

#24 Posted by cspiffo (860 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity said:
" I can still  send them back.. I'll just need to send them in bulk "
So do it and stop complaining!  Microsoft already apologized and gave you an extended warranty.  If those terms weren't good enough you should have moved on.  This isn't a secret anymore.

Electroncs fail.  My PS2 failed after 4 years,  I've had countless DVD players that have bit the big one.   I soooooo can't wait for solid state hardware to take over.  Once you add moving parts there's no telling how long it will last.
#25 Posted by mikeeegeee (1548 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac said:
" Your avatar sums up your situation well. "
I feel shitty, because it's actually a terrible feeling to experience, but I laughed.
#26 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
@mikeeegeee said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:
" Your avatar sums up your situation well. "
I feel shitty, because it's actually a terrible feeling to experience, but I laughed. "
Wanna know what's shitty? Your Xbox breaking for reasons other than Red Ring, and not being covered under warranty.

I don't feel so bad for the RRoD sufferers, because I can't get a new one.
#27 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Vinchenzo said:
" I'm sick of these threads.

See what I did there? Suck it up, you're not the only one with this problem.
"

These happen with just about every fucking console.  These threads happen to make you sick because your Microsoft whore.  There are fans, fanboys, then there are whores.  The whores are people willing to buy anything if it has the right label on it.  In your case, that label would be Microsoft.

Its not like these threads don't exist in the competing consoles.

PS3:
Mandatory Hard Drive installs
Lack of Backwards compatibility
High Costs Expense  (Even with DLC)

Wii:
Lack of internal memory space (only 512 MB)
Large stock of Shovelware
Archaic Online System

By the way, enjoy your Zune HD.
#28 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@Godwind: Shovelware...LOL...never heard that before.
#29 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @Godwind: Shovelware...LOL...never heard that before. "
Sometimes replaced with the phrase "The Wii sucks.  I buy game consoles to buy more than 3 games."
#30 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

and yet i've had one problem with an elite unit while my pro launch system purrs along fine...I just must be lucky i guess.

#31 Posted by Jeffrey (119 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: Thats what everyone tells me, that i'm a lucky one that has a 360 that work just fine. I have an elite unit as well, they seem to be way more bug free, only times I've ever seen a red ring is when the power goes off and then on it will light up red, but I just turn it off and back on and its fine.

@ConfusedSanity: have you just gotten it fixed, cause that some times won't solve the problem. You might be getting red ringed from the exact same model you sent in. 
also have ya tried an elite, they seem to be way more stable.

Also if you think its going to red ring and keep thinkin about it, more then likely it will, try focasing more on it works just fine, and it will last a long time. yeah i know sounds silly but it works more often then you think.

also the 360 does make noise, but have you listened to a ps3 when you put a game disc in, #%@$ it sounds like its going to explode, unlike the 360 pretty much just stays at the same sound level all the time which is less then what I've hear from my brother's & other's ps3 we had to turn the tv up just to drown out the ps3 noise.
#32 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -
Little wonder how Microsoft can sell so many consoles... Some people just buy em and buy em and buy em....

The platform is great, hardware reliability not so much.

 Well, at least the platform is so great even the angriest of customers comeback for more.


@Godwind: PS3: "High Costs Expense  (Even with DLC)".

Talking about initial cost?

But what throws me off in your comment is that "Even with DLC" part. So... the games costs more?

Besides aside from the initial cost (+HDMIcables if you need those). There isn't much expense coming out of the system.

Online? Free. Hardware? Fairly Reliable. Games? $60 bucks is too much but that's the same on the 360. BC? Well, 360 doesn't do it well either, and I don't see em complaining.

On another note... I heard PS2s are dirt cheap.
#33 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@animateria said:
"  @Godwind: PS3: "High Costs Expense  (Even with DLC)".

Talking about initial cost?

But what throws me off in your comment is that "Even with DLC" part. So... the games costs more?
 
Besides aside from the initial cost (+HDMIcables if you need those). There isn't much expense coming out of the system.

Online? Free. Hardware? Fairly Reliable. Games? $60 bucks is too much but that's the same on the 360. BC? Well, 360 doesn't do it well either, and I don't see em complaining. "

The Initial costs are still pretty hefty for a console.  The least expensive PS3 model is 399.99 while the most expensive Xbox 360 model, an elite model, costs $399.99.
I believe a Wireless Xbox360 controller costs $49.99 and a wired one costs $39.99 while a PS3 controller costs $54.99.
Both have remote controls for their media features, with the Xbox360 one costing $19.99 while the PS3 one costs $24.99.
Both have keypads that attach to their game controllers, The Xbox360 one costs $29.99 while the PS3 one costs $49.99.
Both have headsets, The Xbox wired is $19.99 while the PS3 version costs $49.99.  The PS3 happens to be wireless which is cheaper to the Xbox 360's Wireless one which is $59.99.
In addition, there is an Xbox live starter set that includes a 12 month subscription of Xbox Live, A Headset, a keypad, and a free game for $69.99.  A saving of $29.98.

Both have cameras for the same price, but both still have different features.
Xbox Live Vision
  • -Enjoy video chat and video messaging (Xbox Live Gold subscription required for video chat)
  • -Take a snapshot of your face and put it on your Gamertag, bringing a realistic element to the online gaming community
  • -Gesture-based games come to life as you film yourself and use your body movements to interact with the game
  • -Supports face-in-game technology, so you can add your face to a game character's body
  • -VGA 640 x 480 resolution and video at 30 frames per second provide crystal-clear video images
  • -1.3 megapixels allow for beautiful snapshot photos
  • -Xbox 360 headset included, so you can bring sound to your interactive social gaming
  • -Free one-month trial subscription to Xbox Live Gold lets you give Gold membership a try
  • -Xbox Live Arcade game UNO included to get you started in interactive gaming


Playstation Eyetoy
  • -Enables you to chat with up to six people at one time
  • -Offers a frame rate of 120 fps at 320 x 240 resolution or 60 fps at 640 x 480 resolution
  • -Built-in omnidirectional four-microphone linear array offers precise sound
  • -USB 2.0 high-speed transfer
  • -Free EyeCreate software download on PlayStation network

Also, there are a lot of reasons to bitch about the PS3 not having backwards compatibility unlike the Xbox360.  The Xbox360 does have a functioning emulator to play "Xbox Originals".  Even at that, why would you want to remove backwards compatibility with the PS2, the best game console of all time?  Even if there are long string of mediocre games that come out, at least you can keep yourself content with older games.  I am probably buying an Xbox, but there aren't even that many games even I want for it except for 7 games
#34 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, it does suck. i'm on my 3rd 360. one rrod, and the other one E74. i'm on my 3rd on and it is the same that E74.

i just got a ps3 so i'm good if my 360 breaks.

#35 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac said:
" Your avatar sums up your situation well. "
I lol'd.
#36 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -
@ConfusedSanity:
Its not that bad, Im on my fourth xbox 360, but its cool because everytime it broke ive had warranty, so as long as you have warranty just send it back.

You'll get it back in about 2 and a half weeks. No big deal.
#37 Posted by Akeldama (4236 posts) -

buy a playstation?

#38 Posted by Seedofpower (3924 posts) -

Man I feel lucky, same 360 since launch and it only red ringed once, got it repaired been working fine since.

#39 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@TheDoorman said:
" @ConfusedSanity: Its not that bad, Im on my fourth xbox 360, but its cool because everytime it broke ive had warranty, so as long as you have warranty just send it back.You'll get it back in about 2 and a half weeks. No big deal. "
Aren't you getting sick of having to replace it three times so far?. I mean, would you have tolerated this from any other kind of hardware?
Though they do have a good Fix/Replacement plan, though I would expect no less of them since they are the one who knowingly decided to sell a faulty hardware.    
#40 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
#41 Posted by Akeldama (4236 posts) -
@Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
#42 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
"
The PS3 costs $399?  An Xbox standard costs $299 plus 8 pennies, plus electrical tape ($2.00), plus glue($5.00).

Knowing you could still save money buying an Xbox360?  Priceless.
#43 Posted by DRE7777 (398 posts) -

Someone just posted a video in the forum about how to fix it, it works you just need to make sure its the overheating problem and not another system failure.

I know how you feel though man, i got my xbox last year and in 3 days it red ringed lol.

#44 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I've repaired it twice. Didn't cost me anything besides some weeks without games, so I don't see the reason to get upset.

#45 Posted by Bucketdeth (8002 posts) -

Ps3 time boy.

#46 Posted by Bucketdeth (8002 posts) -
@Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
"
The PS3 costs $399?  An Xbox standard costs $299 plus 8 pennies, plus electrical tape ($2.00), plus glue($5.00).Knowing you could still save money buying an Xbox360?  Priceless. "
He doesn't have to fucking open up his PS3 and do open heart surgery.
#47 Posted by Akeldama (4236 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
"
The PS3 costs $399?  An Xbox standard costs $299 plus 8 pennies, plus electrical tape ($2.00), plus glue($5.00).Knowing you could still save money buying an Xbox360?  Priceless. "
He doesn't have to fucking open up his PS3 and do open heart surgery. "
leave the foolish xbot to his surgery. Hes gonna need all the reassurance he can muster when he realizes how badly he has raped his warranty. 
#48 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
"
The PS3 costs $399?  An Xbox standard costs $299 plus 8 pennies, plus electrical tape ($2.00), plus glue($5.00).Knowing you could still save money buying an Xbox360?  Priceless. "
He doesn't have to fucking open up his PS3 and do open heart surgery. "
leave the foolish xbot to his surgery. Hes gonna need all the reassurance he can muster when he realizes how badly he has raped his warranty. 
"
Well, there was more then one guy so wouldn't it technically be a gang rape?
#49 Posted by Akeldama (4236 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
"
The PS3 costs $399?  An Xbox standard costs $299 plus 8 pennies, plus electrical tape ($2.00), plus glue($5.00).Knowing you could still save money buying an Xbox360?  Priceless. "
He doesn't have to fucking open up his PS3 and do open heart surgery. "
leave the foolish xbot to his surgery. Hes gonna need all the reassurance he can muster when he realizes how badly he has raped his warranty. 
"
Well, there was more then one guy so wouldn't it technically be a gang rape?
"
i was talking about Godwind. 
#50 Posted by mordukai (7125 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @Godwind said:
" @Akeldama said:
" buy a playstation? "
  
"
or you could just buy a ps3? 
"
The PS3 costs $399?  An Xbox standard costs $299 plus 8 pennies, plus electrical tape ($2.00), plus glue($5.00).Knowing you could still save money buying an Xbox360?  Priceless. "
He doesn't have to fucking open up his PS3 and do open heart surgery. "
leave the foolish xbot to his surgery. Hes gonna need all the reassurance he can muster when he realizes how badly he has raped his warranty. 
"
Well, there was more then one guy so wouldn't it technically be a gang rape?
"
i was talking about Godwind. 
"
I see. WEll you don't know Godwind personally, so you should give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has enough technical knowledge in order to do that fix and not ruin his 360 in the process. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.