Happy Halloween everyone! And, if you are reading this after Halloween, then much merriment and good wishes to whatever you are doing. That said, we have a lot to talk about this week! First, Giant Bomb has published an article announcing its plans for Extra Life 2020. You will find a link to the announcement article below. Be aware, the Extra Life team is open for people to join RIGHT NOW! The team captain position is in the process of being switched, and I will keep you posted when the transition happens. Also, in terms of the Spotlight this week, HOLY SHIT, we have a TON of artwork to review and share! So, with that in mind, let's jump into it!
- Giant Bomb's Extra Life 2020 Announcement! Again, expect more news in the future about the community's new team captain and other plans to organize new community events for the group! Until then, here's the link to the team page! Join any time!
- Vinny posted a MASSIVE update on the Official Thread About Site Goings-On! Use the link to learn all about the BIG PLANS the staff had for the site and what they are thinking about for next week!
- The staff are aware of premium users seeing ads while using the Twitch player. As a result, they have shifted the Beastcast over to YouTube for the moment and will continue to monitor the situation.
- Jan and Michael Higham are in the midst of starting a new podcast series celebrating Filipino American History Month!
- Will_Carle, Director of Engineering for CBSi Games, just posted a BIG update about Giant Bomb Infinite! Give it a read and report any issues using the link!
Finally achieved Mastery Rank 30 in Warframe. I couldn't have done it without the many members of the @giantbomb warframe community. Duders of GB Clan & Alliance who helped and supported us. Let's keep being a cool part of the community and help others also reach MR 30! https://t.co/DstfhBcALI pic.twitter.com/jxiHVCSKQq— Rapid Chronicles (@RapidChronicles) October 29, 2020
Special thanks to Daddy.— Giant Bomb Out of Context (@giantbomb_ooc) October 25, 2020
- Jeff Gerstmann, 2019
Brinty_ is the user responsible for the Warren V-Tuber video clip and also the author of this animated .gif that I can only imagine will haunt your dreams for the rest of your life.
RelentlessRolento (or @WolfOfVictoria on Twitter) made a spooky Abby picture and you can use the link above to thank them for their work of art! It's just as amazing as their earlier Jeff drawing.
This animated .gif by user ulfulphilled based on Jan's studio teardown video is AMAZING STUFF! Many thanks to them making it!
jearum this week combined comic books and Giant Bomb in this mashup work of art! This poster compiles all of the former staff and site-friends of the past throughout Giant Bomb's history!
Once again, many thanks to Hamst3r for making another AMAZING promotional video for Giant Bomb's 2020 Extra Life effort! It's amazing how great they are at capturing the 80s/90s VHS aesthetic.
Due to new interest, there's a new Giant Bomb Community Discord for Sea of Thieves! Here's the invite link and announcement thread for anyone who is interested in joining!
Calling all Genshin Impact fans! There is currently a month long refer-a-friend program going on where anyone above rank AR15 can get a code to send to friends or anyone below AR7! Here's the Giant Bomb community networking thread for that event!
Mento brought back a spooky rendition of their blog series on the Halloween appropriate games from the Itch.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality. Give it a read and see which horror and horror-comedy games from the package they recommend! Also, Mento didn't let his Halloween series stop them from their usual tricks. This week they look at the lo-fi adventure game, Milkmaid of the Milky Way for their "Indie Game of the Week" blog series!
Nodima uses their latest blog on Giant Bomb to talk about Vampyr and how its attempt to re-create the 1918 'Spanish flu' pandemic in London feel uncanny right now. Read all about how its notion of a pandemic ripping through a community is downright frightening.
bigsocrates takes to the site to discuss Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition and details why they think its "Future Connected" addition is an unnecessary epilogue to an already messy JRPG story.
THEY DID IT! Giant Bomb user ArbitraryWater completed the first season of their "Wheel of Dubious RPGs" series with a look at Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir (paging Mr. Rorie) and Might and Magic IX! One of these almost made their computer explode! Also, they published an earlier episode about Thunderscape and that Game of Thrones game no one remembers! Read all about their folly into mediocrity
Discussion Threads & Forums
Are you excited to get your hands on Watch Dogs: Legion? If so, join the Giant Bomb community discussion about the game and share what you have seen or experienced! Also, have you been enjoying the game's rouge-like trappings?
Cyberpunk 2077's delay is a huge talking point on the forums and you can join the "fun" using the link below. What is your reaction to reports of crunch at CD Projekt RED? What does the game going gold before the delay mean?
Despite the delay, what platform or hardware are you considering playing Cyberpunk 2077 on? Check out the community poll and feel free to chime in with your plan or preference.
Hey, are any of you eyeing the new video cards announced by Nvidia, AMD, or Intel? Which one are you most considering buying? Vote for and discuss your pick with the rest of the Giant Bomb community!
No Man's Sky Next Generation has been announced! Get the details on what has improved and changed, and feel free to join the community discussion about the announcement, using the link!
Ghostrunner, a first person platformer set in a cyberpunk world from developer One More Level comes out SOON! Do you plan on picking the game up? Does any individual part of it jump out to you?
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is coming to iOS and Android! How do you think the game will translate onto a mobile platform? Are you excited to give the game another shot?
Have any of you taken advantage of the Steam Halloween sale? If so, which games do you think are an absolute steal? Join the Giant Bomb community discussion using the link above!
Here's a fun discussion thread on the forums: what was the first and last game to make you say "WOW!" Here are my picks: Myst and Titanfall 2. Let's just say that both are two completely different types of "WOWs."
One of Hellscream's video game "guilty pleasures" are billiards games. Here's a list of their favorite and least favorite pool-themed video games that they have played!
- @ak1mbo's Shadow Point review shares why the story-driven Virtual Reality adventure for the Oculus Quest took their breath away unlike any game they have played this year!
- @riostarwind's WHAT THE GOLF? review shares why it might be the most fun they have had with a game all year long.
- @senorsucks2suck uses their review of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 to detail why the game's lack of a distinctly SoCal sense of identity, as was the case with the original games, bothered them.
- @yyninja's Devil May Cry 5 review briefly talks about why they were not a fan of how you need to play it multiple times to get the full value of the game.
- @blubba818 uses their review of Pokémon Sword/Shield to look at the game as a whole package, DLC included, and shares why they think the game missed the mark in a few regards.