Fallout free for next 48 hours. GOG.com

• 68 results
#1 Edited by AlexW00d (6431 posts) -

As a thank you to all their customers, they are giving this away to everyone, for free for the next 48 hours. GO GO GO.

Link here.

#2 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Been having trouble linking lately, too. Sometimes if you add text at the end of the text you want to link you can do it, then just delete that text. So like "link heredkjfkjdf" highlight "link here", link, then remove extra text.

#3 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

The original is still the best Fallout game, in my opinion.

If you've never played it before, you now have no excuse.

#4 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

had already bought it, but it's a cool gesture by GOG.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Damn it! If I already bought 1, can I at least get 2 or even Tactics?

#6 Posted by falling_fast (2277 posts) -

I already own it, oh well. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet, though. a true classic.

#7 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -

awesome!

#8 Posted by Sin4profit (3000 posts) -

@AlexW00d: I feel like this forum would serve better on the general discussion forum. With the way "Favorites" work ont his site the only people who will see this announcement will be people who have probably already played/bought Fallout.

Ask a mod and see if they agree then maybe they can move it for the sale.

Also, as far as hyperlinking i find the way you select the text makes a difference.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12105 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

Damn it! If I already bought 1, can I at least get 2 or even Tactics?

I'm sure that's what they were assuming when they picked this game. Fallout has been on GOG since the start, so it's a statistical probability that anyone who has ever used the service has already bought it because Fallout is a fairly important game. This is basically a hook to attract new members.

Oh yeah, also this: @WinterSnowblind said:

The original is still the best Fallout game, in my opinion.

If you've never played it before, you now have no excuse.

#10 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Good news for anyone who doesn't own it.

#11 Posted by A_Dog (738 posts) -

Thanks!

#12 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Thanks for telling us!

#13 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

GOG is pretty great I recommend people give them business whenever possible.

#14 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Just bought the Fallout collection on Steam a while ago :(

#15 Posted by jonnybob (163 posts) -

Just added this to my collection a little while ago, excited to play this game.

#16 Posted by IAmNotBatman (655 posts) -

Already own this on steam but, what the hell!

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Sweet, got the collection of the early fallout pc games (some disc compilation) but nice to have it on gog/steam for an easier access to play whenever without hunting for discs to install.

#18 Posted by ORLOX93 (1 posts) -

@AlexW00d: wow thanks, but the page don´t let me create an account :(

maybe is overloaded with users because the free game or something like that

#19 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Thank you, GOG! That's pretty great.

#20 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

I got it on disc (from a the fallout collection) but I'll gladly take a download version that has digital manuals and extra stuff!

very cool :)

#21 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11381 posts) -

Rad! If only GOG would cooperate and let me download it. Well, it's probably the fault of the internet here, but still.

#22 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Great, now I need to figure out if I have an account already.
#23 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

Awesome, downloading it now.

#24 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -

Hmm, thinking back, I never did play all the way through Fallout 1. Seems a good a time as any to go back and take care of this one.

#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6431 posts) -

@Sin4profit said:

@AlexW00d: I feel like this forum would serve better on the general discussion forum. With the way "Favorites" work ont his site the only people who will see this announcement will be people who have probably already played/bought Fallout.

Ask a mod and see if they agree then maybe they can move it for the sale.

Also, as far as hyperlinking i find the way you select the text makes a difference.

People will only not see it if they have hidden the Fallout forum though surely? I only browse the forums by checking the recent threads anyway.

-

And yeah the site is getting pounded I think. I don't actually know if that is the right link, it wouldn't actually load.

#26 Posted by N7 (3666 posts) -

Thank you, friend. I will get to play this finally!

#27 Posted by pantzing_nome (588 posts) -

That's awesome, thanks for the heads up I've always wanted to play the first Fallout and it looks like nows my chance.

#28 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

I only played 3 and New Vegas, so this should be a fun retro-spective.

Thanks @AlexW00d: !

#29 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

I love this stuff from GOG. I may already own this on every format possible, but another contingency copy can't hurt. 

#30 Posted by redefaulted (2826 posts) -

Holy crap, thanks OP and thanks GOG!

#31 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

I wish I could play those games... to old for me to play now unfortunately

#32 Posted by Sin4profit (3000 posts) -

@AlexW00d: depends on how people check the forums...i usually just check what comes up on the front page, problem with that is it only shows forums you've "favorited". So if someone was to tell me Fallout was free i wouldn't see it with the way i check forums...in fact i dont have Fallout as a favorite so i clicked "forum" just to see if anyone had announced the GOG deal.

I just find General Discussion's a good place to put information you want to reach everyone, such as sales, and sub forums are for discussion with people already established with the game.

#33 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -

Ohhhh shit, they've also got Arcanum for $6...time for another "Does the good REALLY outweigh the bad" conversation to happen in my head...

#34 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -

Thank You Based GOG

#35 Posted by HairyMike87 (1016 posts) -

Good looks.

#36 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Sweet downloading it now! I've never played it so yeah this is rad! Thanks GOG!

#38 Posted by GalacticPunt (1105 posts) -

Bought Fallout 1 during GOG's Christmas sale and haven't even bothered to download it yet! I feel like a money-wasting chucklehead. Three dollars down the drain.

On the other hand: I played through the Mac versions of Fallout 1 and 2 illicitly many years ago, it's best for my conscience that I paid money for it at some point.

#39 Edited by BoG (5192 posts) -

I almost purchased this during the holiday season, but got Planescape instead. I'm happy now.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some essential mods? I only want the stuff that fixes the resolution and bugs.

#40 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Cool, I downloaded it. But damn, now I've got this game, Skyrim's new patch just came out for the Xbox 360 and I'm buying Xenoblade Chronicles tomorrow. Shit, what to play.

#41 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -
@Undeadpool said:

Ohhhh shit, they've also got Arcanum for $6...time for another "Does the good REALLY outweigh the bad" conversation to happen in my head...

you missed out when arcanum was $2.99 last week in a GOG sale.
#42 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -

@Marz said:

@Undeadpool said:

you missed out when arcanum was $2.99 last week in a GOG sale.

THAT would've been a sure thing...I think I'm gonna hold off because a little more snooping just sent me to Master of Orion I and II for $5.99 total. And I was literally JUST thinking how many of my summer days that game stole from me, so I think my choice is clear.

#43 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

I don't know why, but I, all of a sudden, got really hyped as I was downloading the installer.

#44 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

Downloading now

#45 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Weird. Apparently I never signed up. But someone has registered with the name I wanted, so I guess I'm stuck with my secondary username. :(
#46 Posted by Rayeth (1070 posts) -

A great game. Anyone who hasn't played it should go back and give it a whirl. Especially with the new crop of old school RPGs that are out there asking for funding via kickstarter (Wasteland, Shadowrun, etc), there are a lot of people who might be curious what the big deal is. Fallout has great writing and is one of the go to western style RPGs of that generation IMO.

#47 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@LordAndrew said:

Weird. Apparently I never signed up. But someone has registered with the name I wanted, so I guess I'm stuck with my secondary username. :(

LadyAndrew?

#48 Posted by Moloney (53 posts) -

Thank You.

#49 Posted by believer258 (12180 posts) -

Sweet. I won't complain about free games - downloading now. And GOG might get more business from me in the future now that I've made the leap of signing up.

#50 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I've been a long time member of GOG since 5 minutes ago. I love me some free stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.