FINAL FANTASY 7 ON PLAYSTATION 3 OMG

• 98 results
#51 Posted by Wokisan (42 posts) -

A FFVII remake would absolutely get me to buy a PS3. I was never really into RPGs until the original was released.

#52 Posted by JunkanooPunch (93 posts) -

so if you make a jap PSN account and purchase this, can you select a English option ? anyone know ?

#53 Posted by HarrySound (234 posts) -

I'd love a remake but lets face it will it capture what we felt 10 years ago.No chance.
So why would Square even chance it.
FF7 wasn't just popular it was legendry and to make something off the back of that in the way of a remake could just end up a giant shit stain.

#54 Posted by MachoFantastico (4682 posts) -

Wish I could get excited by never really understood why every got super excited for FF7.

#55 Posted by ReTarDedFisHy (1064 posts) -

Haha, ReTarDedFisHy loves the title.
Anyway, hopefully this makes it to the US PSN.

#56 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

eh...who cares...i hate jrpg's...argh.

#57 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Brad -you

You are a bad man
#58 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

Never played a game in the Final Fantasy series  so I'm not too bothered about it.

#59 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

you guys were owned big time.

#60 Posted by imayellowfellow (558 posts) -

we need final fantasy 8

#61 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Hmmm... this re-release has improvements? I'll need to check out what they are because I might get it now.

#62 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Dammit.  And I thought since 13 is coming out on Xbox 360 as well, if they did make a remake it would also come out on 360.
Now not only are they not making a remake, but it's only on PS3?  C'mawn!

#63 Posted by Schneckiroth (2 posts) -

How you finna play with my emotions like that?

Bad form

~J~

#64 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

BU TEH GAME LIEK TOTALY SUX

#65 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

Pretty tricky, Brad.

Teasing the Final Fantasy fans.

That's like saying there's an epic Zelda game released for the Wii on Monday. But it's really Majora's Mask.

BTW: Majora's Mask on VC! YAY!

#66 Posted by Nasar7 (2669 posts) -

All the FFs from 4 onwards have aged really well imo bc RPGs are just timeless. I'd personally love a remake of 7 (or any of them, for that matter) but I don't really think its necessary. Case in point, I was replaying 7 a while back on PC with graphics mods, but soon after I took the mods off bc the original super-deformed graphics just have so much charm/nostalgia that I actually found myself preferring them to the more realistic ones.

#67 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

bla bla bla

#68 Posted by darkspirit138 (479 posts) -

yay

#69 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I don't understand why everyone is asking for a FF7 remake. Every single Final Fantasy from VII on is just a remake of the one before it.

#70 Edited by Lestater (394 posts) -

I don't see how a FFVII remake is such a big deal.  The game was great on the PSOne, is Square-Enix this desperate that they have to rehash old games and call them new?  Seems like Square-Enix is doing a lot of that, as well as other companies.  Is the this the Gilded Age of video games?

The thing that annoys me the most is that people are asking if this version has improvements as if FFVII needed them.
#71 Posted by Duckbutter (412 posts) -

yo dat shit would be what it do if dat on-dat-new-shit waz what waz really good on the PS3.
fa sho dey was temptatin a nizzle back on the block, when that PS3 waz first poppin yo but them tricks waz probly juss showin a neezy how off the meter the PS3 be doin dat dirt know what ahm sayin?
ain't nobody ain't said nothin about coppin no re-doin-it-big joint.
dats just a muthafuckin raw dawg deal that muthafuckas be jonzin fo in they muthafuckin dome and now neezles be hollarin at them developers to drop it like iss hot one mo gin like it was them developer's intention the whole muthafuckin bid num sen?

#72 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Japan is getting so many PSN games that would sell like hot cakes on the other PSN stores. When are they going to start selling more on the other stores?

#73 Posted by EyeQueue (44 posts) -

This is the huge announcement Sony needs to start selling PS3s... almost.

#74 Posted by gam3r3OOO (64 posts) -

...but what if I can't read Japanese?

#75 Posted by AURON570 (1674 posts) -

woooo, still have my greatest hits FF7 for my PS1. =3

#76 Posted by exfate (377 posts) -

There are two ways to take this release:
a. There is unlikely to be an FF7 remake anytime in the near future.
b. They are milking it for the money before announcing a remake.

I pick a.

#77 Posted by sneakysnake128 (186 posts) -

How else to milk FF7 even more by releasing it again.

#78 Posted by strangeling (1260 posts) -

I own FFVII for PC.

I bought it during its retail release, and I still haven't played more than an hour of it.
#79 Posted by TatoBins (82 posts) -

Is it in english?

#80 Edited by Slaneesh (854 posts) -

Hm i would like to see it at as an XBL game. Nostalgic with Achievements

#81 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Awesome, hopefully it comes to the US PSN store. I'm definitely buying this.

#82 Posted by PenguinDust (12514 posts) -

I never got around to playing FF VII, so my interest is piqued, but I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of setting up a Japanese account.  Would I need a Japanese credit card or Japanese PSN card?  Is the new "international" game in English?  Meh, like I said...too much trouble.  If it shows up on the N.A. game shop then I'll consider it.

#83 Posted by MarcusOfLycia (93 posts) -

I don't want a remake. The game was great for what it was.

I -do- want it re-released, since I didn't own a Playstation of any kind until about four years ago, and sort of missed the timespan during which I could buy it (I've always had to borrow it from friends).

#84 Posted by hermes (1476 posts) -

@exfate: I vote for b. But, then again, they are still a few years of the 20 years mark.

I would consider the game. After all, I do have a japanese PSN account. But I can't read japanese, and I guess that is kind of a limitation...

#85 Posted by PLWolf (926 posts) -

All the more reason to hate SCEA as they still can't give us the PS1 games that are on the JPN Store.
SCEA hates our money.

#86 Posted by micfiygd (23 posts) -
#87 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

So you don't have this game already? If you don't, don't worry. It is overrated anyway.

#88 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -
#89 Posted by hellspawn20003 (9 posts) -

FF7 is over rated over hyped and not worth my time for a replay, esp if all it gets is a graphics over haul now if they remake FF9 i will rebuy that and replay it for the simple fact that Zidane is not a whiny emo crap head through his entire game, i don't feel like listening to cloud complain about how pathetic his life is and how he thinks he is a clone of Sephie, when he's not it was bad enough reading his b.s the first and only time i played through the game, the game would be good if cloud was a mute.  Zidane is one of the best FF characters for the fact that he doesn't whine about the bad things that are happening to him and get all emo about it, the other best characters are from 1 - 3 where they are just the warriors of light and are there to defend the world they don't get emo cause the world depends on them no they did there job and were proud to do it,  Cloud is just a B****....... nuff said

#90 Posted by TheHT (11240 posts) -

ROFL the title gonna make people RAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xD

#91 Posted by koopamaster (3 posts) -

hmm. I could buy the PS1 version, and then legally be allowed to download a ROM on to my PSP. That way, I don't have to get a PS3, and I'd get it earlier than the people who have PS3's.
Or better still, I could just buy the PS1 version and I won't have to even touch the PSP (which I despise).

#92 Edited by ShadowDoGG (134 posts) -

ahaha you yanks think you got a bad deal - what about europe?!?!?!?

we always get things months later - even when we damn make it!

#93 Posted by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -
@TheWolf619 said:
" All the more reason to hate SCEA as they still can't give us the PS1 games that are on the JPN Store. SCEA hates our money. "
Looky here now. Go to the PS store.
#94 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@Brad: That was cold, man. Ice cold.
#95 Posted by WMoyer83 (643 posts) -

OMG OMG OMG OMG....oh wait. :3

#96 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1190 posts) -

Hopefully there is never a remake.

#97 Posted by BlastProcessing (917 posts) -

@WMoyer83 said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG....oh wait. :3

#98 Posted by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

Yay?

#99 Posted by Amphetama (35 posts) -

God damn it, you guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.