2015 is Halfway over. What are your favorite games so far?

• 159 results
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So we are officially about 6 months into this year which means were halfway done! Now there are obviously a LOT of games coming out in this second half of the year but I thought it would be fun to check in and see how everyone's top 5 list is looking so far this year. In no particular order for me:

•Final Fantasy XIV:heavenward

•Senran Kagura Estival Versus

•Hunie Pop

•Hotline Miami 2

•Mortal Kombat X

Of course that list will be reordered and changed soon. But that's where I stand right now for my favorite 2015 releases. Very much expecting Metal Gear Solid V to be on that list. Can't say I'm super excited for anything else this fall yet but Ill most likely end up buying something else. I just don't know what yet!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I imagine a good majority of people will say the same, but it's obviously Witcher 3. Cities in second. That's probably my whole list too.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 are tied for my favourite game of the year thus far. Hotline Miami 2 and Evolve may also appear somewhere in the top 10 by the end of the year.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By HH
  1. Darkest Dungeon
  2. Resident Evil Remaster
  3. Destiny

year of release is becoming less relevant when it comes to goty, some games have a greater presence in the years that follow, for one reason or another.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Witcher 3 definitely takes the cake right now. But it's looking at some mighty stiff competition this year with Phantom Pain, Fallout 4 and potentially Persona 5. God damn, every time I think about this line up of games I get a little more excited.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In no order: Witcher 3, Dying Light, MKX, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Kerbal Space Program (technically released this year)

Also great: Grow Home, OlliOlli 2, Axiom Verge

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I haven't got round to playing much so far this year, but here's my top 3.

1. Bloodborne

2. Splatoon

3. Helldivers

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pcorb

Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Cities Skylines.

Didn't play any GTA V until this year's PC release, so that too if it counts.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ghostiet

Hotline Miami 2, Witcher 3, Life Is Strange, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Sunless Sea, Not A Hero, Pillars of Eternity, Grow Home.

It's pretty much going to stay this way judging by the various releases I see, with MGSV and Night in the Woods joining them - I have a very hard time believing those games can suck, MGSV in particular.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Witcher 3. Pillars of Eternity. UNIEL (EU). Ori.

Pretty solid year so far. I'm finally feeling optimistic after being super bummed out last year.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Witcher 3. Personally I can't imagine anything that is better than this, maybe MGS 5, probably not.

2. GTA 5 PC , never played console version and GTA 4 was ok. But this game was so fun and so good, I was pleasantly surprised.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Witcher 3 for me hands down. That being said Phantom Pain looks like it could be amazing.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played anything that came out this year, but give me two days and the answer is Batman.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While not finished yet, Witcher 3 is probably top contender so far. Followed very closely by Bloodborne, which was the first "souls" game I actually finished and had a blast doing so. Mortal Kombat X was the first time in a long while I actually had fun playing just regular matches against AI in a fighting game.

Most other games that I've played are me catching up on late 2014 titles.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of the 2015 games I've completed i'd have to say Witcher 3, Life is Strange, and Ori and the Blind Forest. I've also had a surprising amount of fun playing both Neverwinter and Elder Scrolls Online on Xbone essentially as long-form single-player RPGs that happen to have a bunch of other people running around in them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: Yeah, I expected a lot of Witcher 3 and Bloodborne. Both games which for whatever reason I could not get into.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

For me, Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3 are neck and neck. I don't think I can really say which is better, or which is more my favourite than the other. Both are stellar games.

Bloodborne is a few paces behind both of those as well. It's been a great year for video games so far, and even with those three games I still haven't talked about Hotline Miami 2 and various other titles.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By amafi

Bloodborne,Pillars of Eternity, the witcher 3, Ori and the blind forest, darkest dungeon, cities skylines.

Been some really, really good games so far this year.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid 3 is my 2015 GOTY. Anything else I get around to this year will be very hard pressed to top it.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne (just got the plat last week), Resident Evil HD Remaster, Hotline Miami 2, Ori, Mortal Kombat X.

I still need to play Witcher, Splatoon, Grow Home and Helldivers and Batman will show up at my door in two days, so the top 5 will likely change around.

Here's an interesting question though - do you think any of the games from the first half of the year will end up in the top 10 in GB's list? I feel like the only lock is Witcher 3. Assuming that all the games with release dates announced so far actually make it out and are what people expect them to be (a huge assumption, granted), the second half of the year has too many safe bets. I don't think any of the games in my top 5 will make the list.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

The Rocket League Beta.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jimbo

@alexw00d said:

I imagine a good majority of people will say the same, but it's obviously Witcher 3. Cities in second. That's probably my whole list too.

Yep, Witcher 3 then Cities for me too.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By edgaras1103

@technician: Well it is harder for these games compared to holiday releases to be on the goty lists in general because recent games will be more on their minds. Knowing that we know gb crew taste we can assume probably that mgs 5 and bb will be pushed more and fallout 4 will probably be runing for goty. And I think witcher 3 will be considered for top 5 and be in top 10 somewhere. Which is a shame. But it is just pure speculation.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Hm, this reminds me, I should play Halfway at some point.

I haven't played that many 2015 games this year, but Snakebird is still fantastic.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GabrielCantor

I think Mortal Kombat X is the only "new this year" game I've played, but I do really, really like it. FF Type-0 was a little bit of a disappointment, however after the 2.0 update for the FFXV demo I might put that on a favorites of this year list as well.

I also did my first 100% Playthrough Person 4 (Golden) which remains one of my favorite games of all time.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Project Cars
  2. DiRT rally
  3. Europa Universalis IV *
  4. Besige
  5. Cities Skylines

* (they keep adding stuff it totally counts)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Games of Video in Semi-2015

1. Pillars of Eternity
  2. The Witcher 3
  3. Cities: Skylines
  4. Nuclear Throne (technically not out)
  5. Westerado: Double Barreled
  6. Crypt of the Necrodancer
  7. Mortal Kombat X
  8. Sunless Sea
  9. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Hunter5024

Axiom Verge so far. I don't imagine it will end up being my Game of The Year (even though I'd be totally fine with that), but I definitely think it will hit the top half of my list. Pretty good year so far. Lots left to play, and still a bunch of stuff to come out.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgaras1103: Yeah it's all speculation, but I don't think Bloodborne will be in the top 10. I also wouldn't be surprised if MGSV didn't make it either. I mean if fallout 4, persona 5, super Mario maker, just cause 3, need for speed, xcom 2, tomb raider, cuphead, trackmania, rock band 4, battlefront, yoshi all turn out well it's gonna be tough to get in there

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't had much time to play games this year with my new job. In fact, I probably spend more time on Giant Bomb and than actually playing games now.... which is a little strange, but oh well. Here's the games I've finished this year that I absolutely adore:

1. Witcher 3

2. Life is Strange

3. Grand Theft Auto V (PC)

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kubqo

I know its from last year,but i finished Talos Principle recently. And i have to admit, even though im not a big fan of puzzle games (Portal might be the only one i have finished), Talos Principle rates among best games i have ever played. So many smart design decisions, but mainly, puzzle design. Its genius. Seriously more people need to play that game.

Also i wish i could rate GTA V PC so high, but ive hit a bump with 2nd heist, being coordinated by Trevor. And i hate Trevor. I havent touched that game in month or two.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helldivers

Splatoon

Dying Light

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Witcher 3

ORI

Grow Home

Dying Light

Axiom Verge

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

So far Axiom Verge is my current favorite of 2015 followed by Cities: Skylines and Splatoon. At some point I'll but Dying Light, Ori, and a handful of others I'm not ready to spend cash on.

Yet by the end of the year, I expect Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade, Just Cause 3, and maybe Mighty No. 9 to contend for the top spots.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By joshth

Nothing else even comes close to Witcher 3 for me right now. I think the only thing that really has a chance of knocking it down from number one is if Persona 5 does actually come out this year. Although I'm also very excited for new Fallout.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By alexl86

I would probably say Witcher 3, if the XP bug didn't stop me from playing. I'm gonna come back to it over the summer. What I played so far, I really enjoy.

So, either Bloodborne or MKX then. I have some hope that Batman will also be good, I could really go in for a good Batman game right now, only two more days...

I also really like Westerado, though I seem to die more often than I'd like.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splatoon, Life Is Strange, Hand of Fate.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Splatoon

Grow Home

Pillars of Eternity

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Splatoon

Box Boy!

Ori

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ares42  Online

Bloodborne, Witcher and (lttp) Path of Exile.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#42  Edited By fisk0

Elite: Dangerous had a rough launch last year, but over the months of 2015 it's gotten most of the features it should've had at launch. It's probably the game I've spent the most time with in 2015.

Out of 2015 releases I've spent the most time with Cities: Skylines. A few games I find promising but haven't played enough yet are:

• Serpent in the Staglands
  • VoidExpanse
  • Wyrmsun
  • Technobabylon
slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm

1. Witcher 3
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. FF14 Heavensward (really need more time with it but I feel ok putting it here for now)
  4. Pillars of Eternity
  5. Kerbal Space Program

Bloodborne has a wrap on my biggest disappointment considering I'm not hyped for anything else this year really. Cities skyline I just bought yesterday but FF14 eating up all my time.

Note: I've spent more time playing League in the past month than the rest of these games all year combined so take that as you will

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodborne and REmake HD so far. I kinda wanna try Witcher 3 but I've never played the previous 2 and the videos I've seen of it don't scream must-play to me. I wish I could rent it for a day or two to give it a shot.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played The Witcher 3. It's not as good as I expected. Looking forward to Batman.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Bloodborne

3 bangers and we still have Metal Gear, Fallout, and Dragon's Dogma Online coming our way.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Bloodborne

3 bangers and we still have Metal Gear, Fallout, and Dragon's Dogma Online coming our way.

I really wanna make a JP account on that so I can play. I'd REALLY like for it just to get localized but... not going to hold my breath on that.

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kazzenn

Witcher: Wild Hunt

Life is Strange

Bloodborne

Still have MGS V and hopefully Persona 5 to look forward to.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bloodborne

Witcher 3, Cities, Mortal Kombat X, Dying Light are all contenders, with Bloodborne as the best game no doubt (it's just not as rough around the edges as Witcher 3 is).

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I haven't played many games released this year but The Witcher 3, Life is Strange, and Tales from the Borderlands are all standouts for me.