Anybody else screwed from March 2-16 2010?

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Qorious

The 3 weeks in March is going to be one hell of a month for me since I'm going to have to shell out $180 for 3 games in one month. March is probably going to be the most expensive month for me in terms of buying video games. I'm pretty sure I'm going to preorder Bad Company 2, which is coming out on the 2nd. Final Fantasy XIII, which is coming out on the 9th. And of course, God of War 3, which is releasing on the 16th. Hopefully a week  gap for these games will give me enough time to finish the campaign. Although I highly doubt I will finish FFXIII before GOW3 comes out.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By bhhawks78

I actually don't think  I'm buying any March releases unless steam has some crazy sale or there's a great wiiware/psn/xbl game coming.

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII

My lineup is as follows so far.  FF13 (PS3 for my first play through, will get 360 version afterward) on March 9.  Mega Man 10 on PS3 March 11.  Yakuza 3, God of War 3, and Resonance of Fate on March 16.  Tax refunds are awesome like that.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Cornman89

I'm... not buying any of those games.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

Since I bought my PS3 sometime in the latter months of 2009 I started up a LoveFilm rental subscription for PS3 games. So much easier and cheaper than actually going out and purchasing every game I want to play during busy periods like this coming March. Perhaps looking into starting up a rental plan and saving that $180 would be a better idea :)

EDIT - Forgot to mention before buying the PS3 I was a die hard PC only gamer so renting games just was never an option for me due to the platform. But since I bought the console I've utilised rentals to the very best that I can. I get to play everything I want to without forking out bags of cash for the privilege.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sixghost

You don't always need to buy games when they are $60. In fact, unless you cannot live without those games for 3-4 months, it's a pretty bad idea to do so.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

Only thing I'm getting in March is Heavy Rain. Yeah, it comes out this month, but I won't have enough money until next month. Which, of course means I won't have any money for Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III. Which sucks. I want FF13 and GoW3 so bad!! But, Heavy Rain is more important.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Qorious
@JJOR64 said:
" The game I'm most looking forward to in March is Pokemon SoulSilver. "
Darn, I forgot about that game!
dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By dietmango
@JJOR64 said:
" The game I'm most looking forward to in March is Pokemon SoulSilver. "
Oh man if I had a DS I would totally buy that.
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By KingBroly

FFXIII, Pokemon and GOWIII.  Yup, my wallet will be on life support.

ShooterJoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShooterJoseph

March........will see no revenue from me, haha

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By bhhawks78

I 2nd the never buying at 60$ notion.  The only time I ever do is when I have store credit, and even then it's reserved for 2-3 games a year where my impatience is crazy - ie. Mass Effect 2

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By ApertureSilence

God of War III, Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2 for me. Three games in a month ain't too bad.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

I don't buy games so no. I'll be getting BC2 on PC and Metro2033 probably, but outo f the 3 you mentioned, no interest in GoW3 or FF13 being more than a rental. I don't buy games in general though, except for digital download ones, so thats just how I am anyway.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mikeeegeee

March 3rd happens to be my birthday. Quite opportune. Looking to acquire BF:BC2, Darksiders, and Mass Effect 2.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By c1337us

January and Feburary have already been bad enough in terms of shelling out for game. March seems no different in that regard.

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII

Oh and Perfect Dark XBLA as well.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alex_Murphy
@sixghost said:
" You don't always need to buy games when they are $60. In fact, unless you cannot live without those games for 3-4 months, it's a pretty bad idea to do so. "
I totally agree, but  if I'm hyped up for a game, about half the time I'll just say 'fuck it' and go get it anyway. One time I even knew about a $10 sale at best buy on the game I was looking for, but it was midnight so I ended up going to a 24hr Walmart and paid full price. It seems stupid now, but at the time it seemed like the only rational choice. This must be similar to what drug addicts go through when they sell their TV to a pawn shop for $50.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skytylz

its not to busy for me, i'm only getting bc2 i don't like god of war and i play my final fantasy on ds these days.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrGetBonus
@Qorious said:
" The 3 weeks in March is going to be one hell of a month for me since I'm going to have to shell out $180 for 3 games in one month. March is probably going to be the most expensive month for me in terms of buying video games. I'm pretty sure I'm going to preorder Bad Company 2, which is coming out on the 2nd. Final Fantasy XIII, which is coming out on the 9th. And of course, God of War 3, which is releasing on the 16th. Hopefully a week  gap for these games will give me enough time to finish the campaign. Although I highly doubt I will finish FFXIII before GOW3 comes out. "
I'm in the same predicament as you with those 3 games. Definitely getting all of them. I guess if you're gonna be "screwed" though, this is a good way.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FCKSNAP

I'm getting a PS3 Slim with Bad Company 2 and Yakuza 3 since my taxes will be significantly low and the refund slightly high. But if I have a girlfriend in that time I'll have to spend it on nice clothes, but I'll get Yakuza and get my current PS3 fixed anyway.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WinterSnowblind

January was a lot worse, in my opinion..  Darksiders, Bayonetta and ME2, all within a very short period.
No interest in another FPS (that doesn't have Perfect Dark in the title), Final Fantasy XIII isn't looking or sounding particularly good and God of War can wait for a price drop. 

Yakuza 3 and Pokemon are the biggest ones in March for me.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By vidiot

It's like I have to plan for some expedition or something. It's going to be rough.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Branthog

I'd have to check my bank statements, but I'd say $180 tends to be a rather light month for me. There are several great games in February and March coming out, but then there will eventually be several months where very little comes out -- so even when I spend $600 in one month, it kind of balances out over the year.

Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mariek430

Bad Company 2, FF 13, Resonance Of Fate, Yakuza 3, God of War 3, probably Just Cause 2 cause it looks like a good funbad game, and one of the two pokemon games

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Druminator

Thankfully tax returns are coming soon for me. I usually invest in something nice since I allow the government to hold back money from my paychecks. I never have nothing to show for working so I like to get something nice each year, this year it's a PS3. I plan on getting GOW3 and Bad Company 2 in March, that is if I don't decide to catch up on the greats in the PS3 library first.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By Yummylee

Yakuza 3 is my must own, God of War 3 hopefully too, if I have enough cash to get full price.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jimbo

I can't see GoW3 holding at full price for very long.  The same could be true of FF13, if it breaks bad over here.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Akeldama

Heavy Rain anyone?

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tomte

And this is the reason im so happy living in Japan... I already have FF XIII and Pokemon SoulSilver since december last year, pokemon since august :)

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By penguindust

I'm still working through 2009 games, and I have Gamefly, so I'm in no rush.  The only thing I am really tempted by is Yakuza 3 on the PS3.  That will probably be a buy provided I get a better look at it through videos and reviews.  If that fails to impress, then maybe Bad Company 2 or Resonance of Fate.  I've already figured I'll be renting Final Fantasy XIII before I buy it.

Ashwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Ashwyn

March isn't THAT bad for me considering:
Bad Company 2 - March 5h
FFXIII - March 9th
Resonance of Fate - March 26th

Although thinking about it, buying 3 games worth £40 each in one month is pretty crazy..

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'm just fucked on time. I have several RPGs right now, and with games like FF13, Resonance of Fate, Infinite Space, and Fragile Dreams coming out in March, I'm pretty sure that I'm screwed.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Questionable

There are about 4 games coming out just this march i plan on buying but i make it a personal goal to get games at theyr lowest possible pricepoint. 

There are tons of bargain hunters websites focussed on games that do nothing more than keep track of the cheapest places to buy. I'm not short on cash at all but as my backlog keeps rising it just feels futile to spend 60 euro early when i can have the exact same experience for 20 later down the road. 
 Also i get a good portion of entertainment and satisfaction from the hunt itself and knowinng that there are still games on my wanted list as opposed to feeling like the theres nothing left playing for the coming months.

This is probably the part where you look at me funny and laugh

edit: For european gamers seeking to buy new games i can highly recommend axelmusic.com they only charge 40 euros for the newest games as opposed to the default pricing of 65 euros, Shipping is like 2 euros. With over 12 seperate gamepurchases and counting i have yet to run into any trouble buying from them. 
- I'd wish they would standardize pricing between western countrys more it seems like euro's have to pay 30% extra on everything in local stores VS importing these days.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Trident said:
" Hey dude, you can survive without video games. Deal with it. "
Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Aetos

I'll pry only be picking up God of War 3 in March.