• 78 results
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Okay, this is something I don't understand---> why isn't ODST worth $60?

Is there any defining aspect about it that makes it not worth the money?  Seeing it in action, it has a new gameplay setup (open world-hub), new story on a more personal level, the new firefight mode (which you'll undoubtly play for a huge amount of time), and then 3 new maps for halo 3. 

I don't get it, how it a whole new campaign, new mode that's more than a "lets throw AI in our multiplayer maps", and also a couple of of new maps to the old halo 3 not worth full price?

Or is it only because it was announced as an expansion and people are riding on that?    Because call me crazy, but the scale of a project can change during development.  If you read Bungie's weekly updates you can see they were talking about the project becoming larger than the initial goal, it's not something made up to justify the price.  Firefight wasn't originally in it, and the campaign was suppose to only be 3-5 hours and now it is suppose to be more a more than full campaign.

Are people actually thinking about what they're saying or are they all just riding the past?  Honestly now, look at Uncharted 2.  That'll be a 8 hour campaign with a multiplayer you get bored of in a week.   In reality, Halo:ODST probably has more value in it than that.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'd pay full 60 for it, announced as an expension or not it sounds like it has the content of a full game 

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Stop tricking me with your thread titles.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By End_Boss
@Fr0Br0 said:
" Stop tricking me with your thread titles. "

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By RedSox8933

I don't care if it's 60 bucks, I wasn't going to buy it in the first place.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By clubsandwich
@RedSox8933 said:
" I don't care if it's 60 bucks, I wasn't going to buy it in the first place. "
same here.
gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gormers
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"Or is it only because it was announced as an expansion and people are riding on that?    Because call me crazy, but the scale of a project can change during development.  If you read Bungie's weekly updates you can see they were talking about the project becoming larger than the initial goal, it's not something made up to justify the price.  Firefight wasn't originally in it, and the campaign was suppose to only be 3-5 hours and now it is suppose to be more a more than full campaign.
"
Pretty much that. Also, it uses the same engine as halo 3. Not saying it looks like halo 3. Ill buy this even though it was full price, but complained because that I heard earlier it was going to be shorter than halo 3s campaign and so on.
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"
Pretty much that too.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

Um....OK? I don't think we know if it's worth 60 bucks yet. Maybe you should wait until the game is released, so that we can more accurately judge whether or not this game is worth $60.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

its totally worth 60 dollars a near full game worth of content? and the entire halo 3 multiplayer component including every dlc released so far as well as the 2nd half of mythic?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

Halo was never worth more than Big Rigs.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" its totally worth 60 dollars a near full game worth of content? and the entire halo 3 multiplayer component including every dlc released so far as well as the 2nd half of mythic? "
So to you a near-full game is worth as much as a full game? That makes no sense, really. As for having the Halo 3 multiplayer, um, so? Do they really expect this game to sell to people who aren't fans of Halo and therefor don't already have that content or something? :S

Not that I personally judge games on the perceived amount of content. I don't. There are many different things that decide their perceived value, some objective and some very subjective. It's just a little weird to see someone who does apparently care for the amount of content to admit that he pays full price for a game that isn't quite that, and yet think that's fine... Meh.

Anyway, why are you constantly arguing with yourself, making threads like this? I didn't see any real backlash around here, this thread is the first that came to my attention, about people not wanting to pay $60 for this. If people expressed that somewhere you could have replied there. Not that everyone has to see things the way you do, and value Halo as highly as you do, but whatever, I'm just saying.

@AgentJ said:
"
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

"

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By PureRok
@clubsandwich said:
"
@RedSox8933 said:
same here. "
@KaosAngel said:
" Halo was never worth more than Big Rigs. "

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@SmugDarkLoser: You might as well title this FLAME WAR! If you dont want to pay $60 then don't.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seedofpower
@JeffGoldblum said:
" @SmugDarkLoser: You might as well title this FLAME WAR! If you dont want to pay $60 then don't. "
Listen to him, this man knows a thing or two.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Al3xand3r said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" its totally worth 60 dollars a near full game worth of content? and the entire halo 3 multiplayer component including every dlc released so far as well as the 2nd half of mythic? "
So to you a near-full game is worth as much as a full game? That makes no sense, really. As for having the Halo 3 multiplayer, um, so? Do they really expect this game to sell to people who aren't fans of Halo and therefor don't already have that content or something? :S

Not that I personally judge games on the perceived amount of content. I don't. There are many different things that decide their perceived value, some objective and some very subjective. It's just a little weird to see someone who does apparently care for the amount of content to admit that he pays full price for a game that isn't quite that, and yet think that's fine... Meh.

Anyway, why are you constantly arguing with yourself, making threads like this? I didn't see any real backlash around here, this thread is the first that came to my attention, about people not wanting to pay $60 for this. If people expressed that somewhere you could have replied there. Not that everyone has to see things the way you do, and value Halo as highly as you do, but whatever, I'm just saying.

@AgentJ said:
"
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

"
"

A nearly full game in terms of stuff to do  as well as the ENTIRE halo 3 component with no need to own halo 3 to play multiplayer, as well as EVERY DLC released so far as well as the 2nd half of the mythic map......yeah thats totally worth 60 dollars, since heres a simple fact there are quite a few games released that aren't worth 60 dollars but are still priced 60 dollars, games on wii, 360 and ps3 that aren't worth the plastic they are recorded on yet still get a 60 dollar charge.
P.S: or in the case of wii 50 dollar games that aren't worth a penny.
mocobrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mocobrian

@KaosAngel said:
"Halo was never worth more than Big Rigs."

No Caption Provided

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By EpicSteve

The standard price for a retail game is $60, so...
Besides, pleas write a review for ODST. I'm sure Giantbomb will appreciate the exclusive...even if it is community oriented.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Karmum
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"

Are people actually thinking about what they're saying or are they all just riding the past?  Honestly now, look at Uncharted 2.  That'll be a 8 hour campaign with a multiplayer you get bored of in a week.   In reality, Halo:ODST probably has more value in it than that.

"
Actually, that said could be the same about Halo: ODST. Glad you have played both games to make me realize which game will have more value and replay.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Karmum said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"

"
Actually, that said could be the same about Halo: ODST. Glad you have played both games to make me realize which game will have more value and replay."
Well the thing is, Bungie has proved that they know how to make a multiplayer. 
Uncharted's multiplayer, while I haven't played the beta, looks more like a standard shoot em up that barely fits the game.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r
@WilliamRLBaker said:
"
@Al3xand3r said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:

@AgentJ said:
"
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

"
"
A nearly full game in terms of stuff to do  as well as the ENTIRE halo 3 component with no need to own halo 3 to play multiplayer, as well as EVERY DLC released so far as well as the 2nd half of the mythic map......yeah thats totally worth 60 dollars, since heres a simple fact there are quite a few games released that aren't worth 60 dollars but are still priced 60 dollars, games on wii, 360 and ps3 that aren't worth the plastic they are recorded on yet still get a 60 dollar charge.P.S: or in the case of wii 50 dollar games that aren't worth a penny. "
Wow, you quote me, respond with useless things already addressed in my post, then add some waaaaaaaay off topic Wii flaming on top. Smart! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ODST FOR GOTY, I HOPE THEY CHARGE $120 FOR IT TO SHOW ITS TRUE VALUE! The sad thing is, you'd still buy it and talk about how much greater than Uncharted 4, GoW 3 and Trico  2 (Quadico?) combined it is. Lol? And yes, yes, Bungie has proven they can make multiplayer so... They'll include the exact same thing you already own. AWESOME VALUE. Please...
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaosAngel
@Al3xand3r said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:
"
@Al3xand3r said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:

@AgentJ said:
"
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

"
"
A nearly full game in terms of stuff to do  as well as the ENTIRE halo 3 component with no need to own halo 3 to play multiplayer, as well as EVERY DLC released so far as well as the 2nd half of the mythic map......yeah thats totally worth 60 dollars, since heres a simple fact there are quite a few games released that aren't worth 60 dollars but are still priced 60 dollars, games on wii, 360 and ps3 that aren't worth the plastic they are recorded on yet still get a 60 dollar charge.P.S: or in the case of wii 50 dollar games that aren't worth a penny. "
Wow, you quote me, respond with useless things already addressed in my post, then add some Wii flaming on top. Smart! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ODST FOR GOTY, I HOPE THEY CHARGE $120 FOR IT TO SHOW ITS TRUE VALUE! The sad thing is, you'd still buy it and talk about how much greater than Uncharted 4, GoW 3 and Trico combined it is. Sad sad sad. "
This thread is turning really long so I decided to quote it so the two of you know how much of a pain it is to quote and read all of that.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r
@KaosAngel said:
"
@Al3xand3r said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:
"
@Al3xand3r said:
"
@WilliamRLBaker said:

@AgentJ said:
"
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

"
"
Wow, you quote me, respond with useless things already addressed in my post, then add some Wii flaming on top. Smart! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ODST FOR GOTY, I HOPE THEY CHARGE $120 FOR IT TO SHOW ITS TRUE VALUE! The sad thing is, you'd still buy it and talk about how much greater than Uncharted 4, GoW 3 and Trico combined it is. Sad sad sad. "
This thread is turning really long so I decided to quote it so the two of you know how much of a pain it is to quote and read all of that. "
I was still editing!
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By AndrewGaspar
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"Honestly now, look at Uncharted 2.  That'll be a 8 hour campaign with a multiplayer you get bored of in a week."
What? Uncharted 2's multiplayer rocks! I've been having a blast with the beta, which is weird because I don't normally get into multiplayer games.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#25  Edited By ArbitraryWater
@AgentJ said:
"
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

"

Oh, and I will purchase this because I never actually got around to purchasing Halo 3, and since it has the same multiplayer...
HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By HairyMike87
@SmugDarkLoser: It might be worth the money compared to Left 4 Dead 2.
synazrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By synazrael

Honestly, I think its very rare these days to find a game that's actually WORTH the $60 that we pay.  Surely, we'll still pay it often enough, but....few games that I paid $60 for I felt earned that price tag (from a design standpoint, not a technological one--of course a good chunk of the development cost for games these days goes into the R&D side of it).  And apologies for getting all preachy-like.

As far as this topic is concerned,  I would consider getting ODST if it was not $60, because I was never really much of a halo-player.  ODST seems like it brings a lot of fresh ideas to the franchise, but $60 is a WHOLE lot to invest in something that I might not end up enjoying.  That might be another angle to look at it from.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28  Edited By the8bitNacho
@End_Boss said:
"
@Fr0Br0 said:
"

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

My very first reply into the thread is.....
""its totally worth 60 dollars a near full game worth of content? and the entire halo 3 multiplayer component including every dlc released so far as well as the 2nd half of mythic?""
Odd how I'm not defending any thing, I'm simply making a statement but who's the first too reply failing in dismantling my opinion? it could be al3xander could it?! i didn't know this thread was about Wii you have to come to the Wii's rescue?
Your reply being.
""So to you a near-full game is worth as much as a full game? That makes no sense, really. As for having the Halo 3 multiplayer, um, so? Do they really expect this game to sell to people who aren't fans of Halo and therefor don't already have that content or something? :S
(yet Nintendo repackages gamecube titles with Wii control and nothing else and sells them for over half the original price you don't seem to have a problem buying those because hey its Nintendo and they can do no wrong.. As for that quite a few people purchase GOTY type releases of games because they often contain the complete article of DLC released for said product.)

(lol you don't judge content? dude your as fanboyish as any one else on this forum and you know it, I know it, every one knows it I at least fully admit to my 360 fanboyishness and don't deny any thing yet you seem to want us to believe you don't judge something as content, and then go ahead in the NEXT line and judge me for considering a nearly full campaign *which is far longer then any thing out for Wii in terms of gameplay or content* with the addition of the entire halo 3 mutliplayer component for people that don't want multiplayer halo 3 single player or want to have a spare disc of halo 3 multiplayer laying around *choice is bad mmmm kay damn them for giving us choice* and then includes every DLC released so far including the 2nd half of mythic map pack...no of course you don't judge content never couldn't possibly.)

Anyway, why are you constantly arguing with yourself, making threads like this? I didn't see any real backlash around here, this thread is the first that came to my attention, about people not wanting to pay $60 for this. If people expressed that somewhere you could have replied there. Not that everyone has to see things the way you do, and value Halo as highly as you do, but whatever, I'm just saying.""
(my thread? um you mean my post? because this isn't my thread and im allowed to post where ever i want? and odd how i never mentioned any thing about backlash I simply made a statement that i find it acceptable that bungie is releaseing a campaign expansion that rivals the original campaign in size and then add in a slew of extras that make it even more worth the 60 dollars and odd i didn't know i valued halo 3 that highly, you seem to like putting words in other peoples mouths why are you even here? do you even own a 360? I had assumed that with your grand protectorate of Wii atttitude you have that you only own nintendo systems? )

And heres my reply
""A nearly full game in terms of stuff to do  as well as the ENTIRE halo 3 component with no need to own halo 3 to play multiplayer, as well as EVERY DLC released so far as well as the 2nd half of the mythic map......yeah thats totally worth 60 dollars, since heres a simple fact there are quite a few games released that aren't worth 60 dollars but are still priced 60 dollars, games on wii, 360 and ps3 that aren't worth the plastic they are recorded on yet still get a 60 dollar charge.P.S: or in the case of wii 50 dollar games that aren't worth a penny. ""
(I guess in your Wii universe nearly as much to do means 20% of the stuff to do the original had, where as in mine it means that 80-90% I fell bad for the Wii universe but thats besides the point, then theres me going onto say that ACROSS all platforms, Ps3, 360, Wii there are games with far less content then Halo 3 ODST and those games aren't worth the plastic they are pressed on ACROSS all platforms, then remembering that Wii has a 50 dollar price point as well I reiterate in the point of the Wii there are Wii games that aren't worth a penny with lil content or gameplay yet still get released and priced at 50-60 dollars and likely sold. as well.)

(DA DA DA DA SUPER WII PROTECTORATE MAN AWAY!! here he comes to save the day againest a preceived slight againest the Wii one that doesn't exist in reality a generalized statemnet that PEICE OF SHIT games with less content then Halo 3 ODST are released across all systems but hey the word Wii only exists in the setence to his eyes.)
And your reply
""Wow, you quote me, respond with useless things already addressed in my post, then add some waaaaaaaay off topic Wii flaming on top. Smart! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ODST FOR GOTY, I HOPE THEY CHARGE $120 FOR IT TO SHOW ITS TRUE VALUE! The sad thing is, you'd still buy it and talk about how much greater than Uncharted 4, GoW 3 and Trico  2 (Quadico?) combined it is. Lol? And yes, yes, Bungie has proven they can make multiplayer so... They'll include the exact same thing you already own. AWESOME VALUE. Please... """

( yet again the preceived slight againest Wii doesn't exist you have to act though! i must protect my Precious love Wii's honor! A generalized statement that all consoles have shitty games that are released and sold for full price, and we have halo 3 ODST a game with far more content then they and with extras thrown in, but how DARE Microsoft price it at that. And then your own generalized hey he loves xbox that must mean he loves halo 3 which I rarely ever defend for the most part and you can ask on the unofficial chat the complaints i have with the game, but hey that doesn't matter because unlike Nintendo fanboys which are fair and righteous Xbox fanboys are evil and only play one game...HALOOOOOOO)

One thing we must remember though is that your the one that attacked first and 2nd, My attack this is the 3rd attack, I came into the thread and I gave my opinion you not liking me having a opinion different then yours called into question my opinion, then called into question me posting here...In a thread about halo 3 odst not being worth the 60 dollar price tag...with me replying with a completely on topic post about how i thought it was...with no attack on any one simply my opinion that it was satisfactory the content received for the price.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By IBurningStar
@WilliamRLBaker said:
"

""its totally worth 60 dollars a near full game worth of content? and the entire halo 3 multiplayer component including every dlc released so far as well as the 2nd half of mythic?""
Odd how I'm not defending any thing, I'm simply making a statement but who's the first too reply failing in dismantling my opinion? it could be al3xander could it?! i didn't know this thread was about Wii you have to come to the Wii's rescue?
Your reply being.
""So to you a near-full game is worth as much as a full game? That makes no sense, really. As for having the Halo 3 multiplayer, um, so? Do they really expect this game to sell to people who aren't fans of Halo and therefor don't already have that content or something? :S
(yet Nintendo repackages gamecube titles with Wii control and nothing else and sells them for over half the original price you don't seem to have a problem buying those because hey its Nintendo and they can do no wrong.. As for that quite a few people purchase GOTY type releases of games because they often contain the complete article of DLC released for said product.)

(lol you don't judge content? dude your as fanboyish as any one else on this forum and you know it, I know it, every one knows it I at least fully admit to my 360 fanboyishness and don't deny any thing yet you seem to want us to believe you don't judge something as content, and then go ahead in the NEXT line and judge me for considering a nearly full campaign *which is far longer then any thing out for Wii in terms of gameplay or content* with the addition of the entire halo 3 mutliplayer component for people that don't want multiplayer halo 3 single player or want to have a spare disc of halo 3 multiplayer laying around *choice is bad mmmm kay damn them for giving us choice* and then includes every DLC released so far including the 2nd half of mythic map pack...no of course you don't judge content never couldn't possibly.)

Anyway, why are you constantly arguing with yourself, making threads like this? I didn't see any real backlash around here, this thread is the first that came to my attention, about people not wanting to pay $60 for this. If people expressed that somewhere you could have replied there. Not that everyone has to see things the way you do, and value Halo as highly as you do, but whatever, I'm just saying.""
(my thread? um you mean my post? because this isn't my thread and im allowed to post where ever i want? and odd how i never mentioned any thing about backlash I simply made a statement that i find it acceptable that bungie is releaseing a campaign expansion that rivals the original campaign in size and then add in a slew of extras that make it even more worth the 60 dollars and odd i didn't know i valued halo 3 that highly, you seem to like putting words in other peoples mouths why are you even here? do you even own a 360? I had assumed that with your grand protectorate of Wii atttitude you have that you only own nintendo systems? )

And heres my reply
""A nearly full game in terms of stuff to do  as well as the ENTIRE halo 3 component with no need to own halo 3 to play multiplayer, as well as EVERY DLC released so far as well as the 2nd half of the mythic map......yeah thats totally worth 60 dollars, since heres a simple fact there are quite a few games released that aren't worth 60 dollars but are still priced 60 dollars, games on wii, 360 and ps3 that aren't worth the plastic they are recorded on yet still get a 60 dollar charge.P.S: or in the case of wii 50 dollar games that aren't worth a penny. ""
(I guess in your Wii universe nearly as much to do means 20% of the stuff to do the original had, where as in mine it means that 80-90% I fell bad for the Wii universe but thats besides the point, then theres me going onto say that ACROSS all platforms, Ps3, 360, Wii there are games with far less content then Halo 3 ODST and those games aren't worth the plastic they are pressed on ACROSS all platforms, then remembering that Wii has a 50 dollar price point as well I reiterate in the point of the Wii there are Wii games that aren't worth a penny with lil content or gameplay yet still get released and priced at 50-60 dollars and likely sold. as well.)

(DA DA DA DA SUPER WII PROTECTORATE MAN AWAY!! here he comes to save the day againest a preceived slight againest the Wii one that doesn't exist in reality a generalized statemnet that PEICE OF SHIT games with less content then Halo 3 ODST are released across all systems but hey the word Wii only exists in the setence to his eyes.)
And your reply
""Wow, you quote me, respond with useless things already addressed in my post, then add some waaaaaaaay off topic Wii flaming on top. Smart! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, ODST FOR GOTY, I HOPE THEY CHARGE $120 FOR IT TO SHOW ITS TRUE VALUE! The sad thing is, you'd still buy it and talk about how much greater than Uncharted 4, GoW 3 and Trico  2 (Quadico?) combined it is. Lol? And yes, yes, Bungie has proven they can make multiplayer so... They'll include the exact same thing you already own. AWESOME VALUE. Please... """

( yet again the preceived slight againest Wii doesn't exist you have to act though! i must protect my Precious love Wii's honor! A generalized statement that all consoles have shitty games that are released and sold for full price, and we have halo 3 ODST a game with far more content then they and with extras thrown in, but how DARE Microsoft price it at that. And then your own generalized hey he loves xbox that must mean he loves halo 3 which I rarely ever defend for the most part and you can ask on the unofficial chat the complaints i have with the game, but hey that doesn't matter because unlike Nintendo fanboys which are fair and righteous Xbox fanboys are evil and only play one game...HALOOOOOOO)One thing we must remember though is that your the one that attacked first and 2nd, My attack this is the 3rd attack, I came into the thread and I gave my opinion you not liking me having a opinion different then yours called into question my opinion, then called into question me posting here...In a thread about halo 3 odst not being worth the 60 dollar price tag...with me replying with a completely on topic post about how i thought it was...with no attack on any one simply my opinion that it was satisfactory the content received for the price. "

Fucking Christ, your wall of text just scored a crit on the entire fucking internet.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By azteris
@Fr0Br0 said:

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I'm getting Halo: ODST...
No one seems to be complaining....
So why make a thread about it, if it will only ignite arguments...

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Al3xand3r
WilliamRLBaker said:
"

Your reply being.

And heres my reply

And your reply

( yet again the preceived slight againest Wii doesn't exist you have to act though! i must protect my Precious love Wii's honor! A generalized statement that all consoles have shitty games that are released and sold for full price, and we have halo 3 ODST a game with far more content then they and with extras thrown in, but how DARE Microsoft price it at that. And then your own generalized hey he loves xbox that must mean he loves halo 3 which I rarely ever defend for the most part and you can ask on the unofficial chat the complaints i have with the game, but hey that doesn't matter because unlike Nintendo fanboys which are fair and righteous Xbox fanboys are evil and only play one game...HALOOOOOOO)One thing we must remember though is that your the one that attacked first and 2nd, My attack this is the 3rd attack, I came into the thread and I gave my opinion you not liking me having a opinion different then yours called into question my opinion, then called into question me posting here...In a thread about halo 3 odst not being worth the 60 dollar price tag...with me replying with a completely on topic post about how i thought it was...with no attack on any one simply my opinion that it was satisfactory the content received for the price. "
All I said was you bring Wii bashing in a thread about a 360 game. That's absurd and if you don't see it you're hopeless, though this comment shows that much by itself. I didn't try to defend the Wii or anything of the sort. Your own attitude is enough to invalidate your opinion about pretty much anything you ever try to discuss. You succeed once again with this ridiculous comment where you basically argue with yourself, projecting your own strawman arguments as my opinion of things when I have said nothing of the sort. My own Wii universe this or that, hah, whatever. You also love comparing apples and oranges, as the repackages you mention are closer to the Xbox Originals releases than a game trying to pass as a new title, and with deals like the Prime trilogy going for $50 they're often of great value. Not to mention you're not even forced to buy them if you already own them as they work fine on the Wii, unlike many Xbox games that don't work on the 360. Note I also never said ODST is not worth $60, I was just presenting the peculiarity of you commenting that a near full game, is worth as much as a full game and left it at that. You rushed to defend it anyway (by bashing others no less), yet claim I did that. I can't wait for the sequel to this insight into the mind of a psychotic.
ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By ImperiousRix

I have no illusions that it will be a fully-featured Xbox 360 game worth 60 dollars.  People who do not think this way are fooling themselves.
I simply will not get it because... me and Halo are no longer friends.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_A_Drain
@SmugDarkLoser:

Undoubtedly play Firefight mode for a huge amount of time? Yeah, maybe if i'm an idiot. I won't touch the fucking thing, story mode then i'm outta there.

Also
"Because call me crazy, but the scale of a project can change during development."

You're crazy. Scale can change sure, but the majority of the time it's DOWN, not UP, and if it's been budgeted and proposed as an expansion, even if it scales up a little, fuck full price it's still just an expansion pack, as for the 'new campaign' so fucking what? Anyone can slap 2 - 6 hours worth of content down and call it a 'new campaign' that doesn't make it worth full price.

Also, damn you never quit with the trolling do you? Essentially all the OP does is insult PS3 users and anyone that doesn't like halo. Well other people can do the same quite easily, firefight mode? Who the fuck would want to play that? And a few hours of extra levels doesn't equal a $60 game, and 3 new halo maps (WOAH!!!111oneone) can fuck right off too. I think anyone who doesn't spend 24 hours a day in Halo 3 Ranked Multiplayer had the right to complain on this one.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KaosAngel
@Al3xand3r said:
"
WilliamRLBaker said:
"

Your reply being.

And heres my reply

And your reply

All I said was you bring Wii bashing in a thread about a 360 game. That's absurd and if you don't see it you're hopeless, though this comment shows that much by itself. I didn't try to defend the Wii or anything of the sort. Your own attitude is enough to invalidate your opinion about pretty much anything you ever try to discuss. You succeed once again with this ridiculous comment where you basically argue with yourself, projecting your own strawman arguments as my opinion of things when I have said nothing of the sort. My own Wii universe this or that, hah, whatever. You also love comparing apples and oranges, as the repackages you mention are closer to the Xbox Originals releases than a game trying to pass as a new title, and with deals like the Prime trilogy going for $50 they're often of great value. Not to mention you're not even forced to buy them if you already own them as they work fine on the Wii, unlike many Xbox games that don't work on the 360. Note I also never said ODST is not worth $60, I was just presenting the peculiarity of you commenting that a near full game, is worth as much as a full game and left it at that. You rushed to defend it anyway (by bashing others no less), yet claim I did that. I can't wait for the sequel to this insight into the mind of a psychotic. "
Please stop posting long walls of text.  It's annoying.  We do not need an essay to talk about Halo ODST and it's pricing.  People will buy it regardless because it's Halo.  Everyone knows this.  No one cares about the price of this game.  It can be $100 for a few extra maps that are broken and it will still sell a lot of copies.  I only wish UT games were like this but alas they aren't.  As you can see by scrolling down to see my post, it's annoying to read through a wall of text.  Please keep this in mind when talking about trivial stuff such as the pricing of a game that will be hyped to no tomorrow and will sell more copies in one day than any PS3/Wii game combined.

ありがとうございます。
ip007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By ip007

What are you talking about, who is talking smack about Halo: ODST?

I say: let the game get released first, then we see what content value and price the product will have.
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Branthog

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MeierTheRed
@RedSox8933 said:

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By crunchUK
@The_A_Drain said:

firefight mode? Who the fuck would want to play that?
Most retarded question ever
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Illmatic

It definitely has to do with the initial announcement of the game being an expansion pack. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little upset when the full price was first (announced/speculated?). However, after finding out about the contents of the game, it made much more sense to me. Unfortunately, I think many people aren't aware of just how much content is in this game and are worried over a possible milking of the fan base, similar in some ways to Left 4 Dead 2 responses yet maybe not as vocal. In the end though, the content does justify the price point. It's just unfortunate the word expansion was used in its first ever introduction.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_A_Drain
@crunchUK said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:

Most retarded question ever"

Hey don't blame me if you're happy to sit and do the same shit for hours on end, i'm going to go play a different fucking game while you do that. Human opponents is one thing, but vs AI is just complete bullshit unless it's a campaign mission/level/game section.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

If you didn't have the map packs already that would be $30(?) right there. I don't think there really is much to complain about. I was just a little disappointed because Bungie wanted to sell it for less but I bet Microsoft changed that...

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@crunchUK said:
Hey don't blame me if you're happy to sit and do the same shit for hours on end, i'm going to go play a different fucking game while you do that. Human opponents is one thing, but vs AI is just complete bullshit unless it's a campaign mission/level/game section. "
Why?  People are so gay for horde mode.  This is like a horde mode they actually put effort into.  Maps are designed for it and play uniquely.
Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@crunchUK said:
Hey don't blame me if you're happy to sit and do the same shit for hours on end, i'm going to go play a different fucking game while you do that. Human opponents is one thing, but vs AI is just complete bullshit unless it's a campaign mission/level/game section. "
Why?  People are so gay for horde mode.  This is like a horde mode they actually put effort into.  Maps are designed for it and play uniquely. "
Yeah, I am really excited for Firefight. Looks sweet.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_A_Drain
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@crunchUK said:
Why?  People are so gay for horde mode.  This is like a horde mode they actually put effort into.  Maps are designed for it and play uniquely. "
Who cares? I didn't want horde mode and I don't want this either. It's just an even lazier method of upping the multiplayer content while cutting costs (less testing to do if you don't have to bother balancing it for human vs human) if it was a significant chunk of human v human multiplayer content, at least I could understand people salivating over it, if not condone. It's this kinda of shit that's reducing modern games to 5 - 8 hours campaigns.
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CenturionCajun

I see no problems with Halo 3: ODST being a full priced game. It has progressed far beyond the initial "mod" of Halo 3 that it appeared to be at first. Bungie hasn't done wrong by me yet so I'm going to put my faith into them until I get burned. Now, if you want to talk about rip-offs look at the Gamestop exclusive "Collector's Pack". As far as I can tell there's nothing extra coming with it except an ODST painted wireless controller. That's just lazy when you compare its $100 price tag to something like the Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition which is packed with goodies.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By crunchUK
@The_A_Drain said:
"
@crunchUK said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:

Most retarded question ever"
Except of course i will be playing with 3 other friends with varying quirks and enemy sets, increasing challenge and major lols. Basucally, if you've ever played 4 player halo 3 co-op, or 4+ player private horde, you know what's coming, and how awesome it's going to be.
xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By xplodedd

fuck halo. after halo 3's shallow campaign and Halo 2 mod graphics.. halo can go fuck itself.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By crunchUK
@xplodedd said:
" fuck halo. after halo 3's shallow campaign and Halo 2 mod graphics.. halo can go fuck itself. "
lol @ butthurt