im thinking of getting a wii should i ???

• 82 results
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Rhaknar
@Whisperkill said:
" no. I've used mine a couple times. I have a RROD'd 360 and I still would rather do other things than play the wii.  Its a big waste of money. "
ignorant bastard!
Shinryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Shinryu

Honestly, No. I bought my Wii at launch and with the odd exception it has been used as a very expensive paperweight since then.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By JoelTGM

I've owned a Wii for some time now, and even got suckered into getting Wii Sports Resort when that came out, thinking it would be great with the new motion plus control... but that lasted for about two days and then I never played it again.  If you have a 360, or a PS3, or a PC then you ... or actually, just don't get a Wii, ever, because even if you don't have a Wii, but you're interested in buying one, just save that money and buy a proper gaming system.  The only person I'd recommend a Wii for is someone who doesn't know anything about games and will never be adept enough with a controller to play a decent shooter or RPG.

cmac2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By cmac2099

I'd say it's worth it. Granted, I play mine much less than my 360 or PS3, but there are a number of great titles for the system. But then again, I always like owning every console, so maybe I'm not the one to ask.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By Whisperkill
@Rhaknar said:
" @Whisperkill said:
" no. I've used mine a couple times. I have a RROD'd 360 and I still would rather do other things than play the wii.  Its a big waste of money. "
ignorant bastard! "
Look I and a lot of other people DONT LIKE THE WII. You and Oldschool need to GET THE FUCK OVER IT! Its an opinion. I let you have yours, you should let me have mine.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Some will say "yes", some will say "no". If you want the true answer, meet me behind your house at 8:00 PM tonight...

Actually, I wouldn't recommend it at all. I'm a huge Nintendo fan and bought it at launch, but it's been the most disappointing console I've ever owned. It's been boxed up in my closet for about 6 months. I don't know if I'll ever bring it back out.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Geno
@oldschool said: 
I did and I didn't say he "would" enjoy them: 
 All the wonderful Nintendo franchises, plus games like Murumasa, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Centre and plenty of others.    
That is just an indicator of what is available.  I push the games barrow and that means all consoles.  Why do I need to push the downsides?  I don't play online, so I have no view.  What other downsides am I supposed to be pushing?  As I said above, there is a difference between opinion and ignorance.  Saying you don't like something for "the following reasons" is fine, but blanket negativity is stupid. "
You say you push the games barrow, and you rank House of the Dead: Overkill over some of the most well-received and successful games on the other consoles, in a thread where someone wants to know whether to purchase a Wii. Please. Again, no one is asking for your personal view, a much more reasonable thing to do would be to post valid reasons to get or not get a Wii, rather than your personal collection of games of which only you enjoy (and is thus somewhat irrelevant) . And what "blanket negativity" and "ignorance" are you referring to? You're the one shitting on hit games and completely ignoring the flaws of the Wii. 
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Rhaknar
@Whisperkill said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" @Whisperkill said:
ignorant bastard! "
Look I and a lot of other people DONT LIKE THE WII. You and Oldschool need to GET THE FUCK OVER IT! Its an opinion. I let you have yours, you should let me have mine. "
clearly you didnt follow the entire thread and my sarcasm went over your head :(
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Whisperkill
@Rhaknar said:
" @Whisperkill said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" @Whisperkill said:
ignorant bastard! "
Look I and a lot of other people DONT LIKE THE WII. You and Oldschool need to GET THE FUCK OVER IT! Its an opinion. I let you have yours, you should let me have mine. "
clearly you didnt follow the entire thread and my sarcasm went over your head :( "
Well, sorry. Now that I read your previous posts, I see my mistake. That post was directed at oldschool in my head.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Claude

Oh boy the claws are out tonight.

advocatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By advocatefish2

ONLY if you got a line up of games you know your going to be playing. Only way i can recommend actually buying any console. Got my gf a Wii and going over her house and playing it every once in a while works for me. And New Super Mario Bros. Wii with friends is great.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By JJOR64

I say get one.  There are a lot of great games for it like Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes 1/2, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, and lots of other great games.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By oldschool
@Geno said:
" @oldschool said: 
 All the wonderful Nintendo franchises, plus games like Murumasa, House of Dead, Dead Space Extraction, Trauma Centre and plenty of others.    
That is just an indicator of what is available.  I push the games barrow and that means all consoles.  Why do I need to push the downsides?  I don't play online, so I have no view.  What other downsides am I supposed to be pushing?  As I said above, there is a difference between opinion and ignorance.  Saying you don't like something for "the following reasons" is fine, but blanket negativity is stupid. "
You say you push the games barrow, and you rank House of the Dead: Overkill over some of the most well-received and successful games on the other consoles, in a thread where someone wants to know whether to purchase a Wii. Please. Again, no one is asking for your personal view, a much more reasonable thing to do would be to post valid reasons to get or not get a Wii, rather than your personal collection of games of which only you enjoy (and is thus somewhat irrelevant) . And what "blanket negativity" and "ignorance" are you referring to? You're the one shitting on hit games and completely ignoring the flaws of the Wii.  "
Arguing with you is like fucking for virginity.  I have those games, played them and thought they were all meh.  I played HoD:O and had a blast.  That is just a personal opinion and it wasn't shitting on those games, just that I didn't enjoy them as much as others.  This whole thread is about personal views.  Some of is just plain old ignorant shite.  Negative comments on a Wii thread are as predictable and repetitive as a Disney show and they write themselves.  This is the internet and everyone is entitled to a view, no matter how stupid and others are entitled to reply to that stupidity and then others can reply to that.  I just replied to the shite.  I also just replied that all consoles are worth having.  I am happy for you that you are finding that needle in a haystack to argue over.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#64  Edited By oldschool
@Claude said:
" Oh boy the claws are out tonight. "
Just another day at Giantbomb  :-) 

Still enjoy Anno?  Endless Ocean 2 arrived yet?  Do you play Mario Kart when you are drunk and does it help or hinder?
jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jj984jj

If you have a HD console or gaming PC, yes. If not, get one of those first.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#66  Edited By Claude
@oldschool said:

" @Claude said:

" Oh boy the claws are out tonight. "

Just another day at Giantbomb  :-)  Still enjoy Anno?  Endless Ocean 2 arrived yet?  Do you play Mario Kart when you are drunk and does it help or hinder? "
I finally sold Anno after 30 hours of play. It just made me want the PC version more... so shoot me. Endless Ocean comes next week, preordered, plus I get Wii Speak and the whole thing cost only $29.99/US, crazy. I've moved on from Mario Kart, actually sold it too. Trackmania comes out for the Wii soon and I'm on that like a fly to shit.

Edit

Sorry for the crappy writing. My wife woke up and was yelling for me. One of the reasons I don't play online games.
taccyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By taccyp

I bought a Wii 2 years ago and I've played it for maybe 10 hours total. 

...yeah

If you already own a 360 or a PS3 or both, I'd recommend not buying one.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#68  Edited By Geno
@oldschool said:

" @Geno said:

" @oldschool said: 

You say you push the games barrow, and you rank House of the Dead: Overkill over some of the most well-received and successful games on the other consoles, in a thread where someone wants to know whether to purchase a Wii. Please. Again, no one is asking for your personal view, a much more reasonable thing to do would be to post valid reasons to get or not get a Wii, rather than your personal collection of games of which only you enjoy (and is thus somewhat irrelevant) . And what "blanket negativity" and "ignorance" are you referring to? You're the one shitting on hit games and completely ignoring the flaws of the Wii.  "
Arguing with you is like fucking for virginity.  I have those games, played them and thought they were all meh.  I played HoD:O and had a blast.  That is just a personal opinion and it wasn't shitting on those games, just that I didn't enjoy them as much as others.  This whole thread is about personal views.  Some of is just plain old ignorant shite.  Negative comments on a Wii thread are as predictable and repetitive as a Disney show and they write themselves.  This is the internet and everyone is entitled to a view, no matter how stupid and others are entitled to reply to that stupidity and then others can reply to that.  I just replied to the shite.  I also just replied that all consoles are worth having.  I am happy for you that you are finding that needle in a haystack to argue over. "
I'm happy that you're an extreme hypocrite. You walk in here calling everyone "ignorant" and "dildo factories" having "2nd grade intellect" (from my previous experience you have absolutely no justification for insulting anyone else's intelligence) for expressing what is mostly fair criticism of the Wii and then go on to express your own highly skewed views. Nice one. And you weren't shitting on those games? I would call comments like saying the games on 360 are "utterly generic" an insult, and a highly inaccurate and in your words, ignorant one at that. Arguing with you is like arguing with a child, you're at least as naive as one. 
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By Willy105

You should get it, but only if you are going to play it.

Same for the 360 and PS3. Don't waste money on something you won't use.

Also, buy games for it. People here on Giantbomb seem to buy a Wii and forget to get any games for it, which is why they start moaning why they don't use it.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Muramasa, New Super Mario Bros Wii and a whole slew of other great games.  GET A Wii.  Yes.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By ArchScabby

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO problem gettting a Wii.  It has some good games, just be make sure you do your research or you'll end up with 38 mini game collections that you have no idea how you ended up with.

Avatar image for guiniebeanturio
Guiniebeanturio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Guiniebeanturio

Ive been a nintendo guy since i was 8. Im 21 now and I got a 360 about a year or two ago and have hardly touched my wii since. Its great to have metroid, mario etc and i will stick with nintendo to the bitter end for its ownership of such franchises but overall I find the wii distinctly boring most of the time. The wiiware store is totally crap 

... but the weather forecast is pretty cool

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By KinjiroSSD

No, Put that $200 toward a handful of games for your preferred console. You'll be 10x happier.  This is sound advice from a former Wii owner.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fallen189

Definetely, at least over the xbox or PS3. Unless you like sci fi "epics" and FPS games. Also, matureeeeeeeeee games. Oldschool is oldcool.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By carlthenimrod

If you have the money to blow, sure. I spent $200 on far stupider things. From my own personal experience though, I don't play the Wii much.

If money is an issue, I would just borrow the thing from a friend and rent the games you wanted to play.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By eric_buck

I would get it. There's already quite a few good games on it (Mario Galaxy, LoZ, Re4, Punchout, No More Heroes 1-2, and more awesome game's are coming out soon.  I don't have a Wii yet but i'M GETTING ONE SOON

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By Dalai

Sure, even if it's just for the 1st party content. Make the plunge if your interested.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

In my opinion there's some stuff on the Wii that's very well worth experiencing and while it may not have as wide a library of quality games as the 360 or PS3 I don't regret for one second picking up mine as I've got to experience some great games. If you have the cash I say go for it.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Meowayne
@TaccyP said:
" I bought a Wii 2 years ago and I've played it for maybe 10 hours total.   ...yeah  If you already own a 360 or a PS3 or both, I'd recommend not buying one. "
I have a Wii and a 360 and I played Wii for over 500 hours in 2009 alone.
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By WinterSnowblind

If there's enough games you want to play on it, I'd say yes.  Mario Galaxy is absolutely one of my favourite games of all time, and I'd consider the purchase worth it for that alone..
But that being said, I own less than 10 games for it, and I rarley use it for anything.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By NTM

It depends, if you're a family type of person who wants to play games with the family, then yeah, probably. If you're one who doesn't have one of the other two (360, or PS3) and just want to have fun playing games, with or without family members, then I'd get one of the other two. If you don't have the money for the ladder, but still no plan on enjoying the system with the siblings, no point on getting a Wii for now. It has good games and stuff, just not a lot, well... not enough to make you play it a lot unless the games on Wii is all you invest in. It will be sitting and collecting dust otherwise. Overall? There are very good games on the Wii, and it totally depends on your opinion. So, if you're thinking about it and you really want it, I'd say get it.
Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Gruff182

I'm gonna say no. 

However it's not because of the poorly implemeted motion controls, the massive lack of decent 3rd party games due to poor sales or because half of the decent games are the same old franchises recycled by Nintendo. It's not even because of the price point being more than it's actually worth or looks terrible in comparison to the other consoles. It's not even due to Nintendo being lazy or because they don't seem to care about the hardcore generation of gamers they've created, such as myself!

It's because i'm ignorant. Clearly.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Meowayne

Yes, clearly.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By rallier

Go for it. It has a pretty big backlog of great games exclusive to it that you should be able to pick up for really cheap now (trauma center comes to mind) and there is a healthy flow of awesome looking games coming.

JohnnyAutoFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JohnnyAutoFire

The Virtual Console is reason enough to get a Wii.  It's pretty much the only way to play M.U.S.H.A without spending your life's savings (legally anyways).