• 60 results
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Edit: woops, thought that was in eastern times.  anyway, it seem s like mirosoft still has another game to show
http://video.ign.com/streaming/e3-2009/
Chances are it's Rare's games,which were a suprising no-show

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By thiago

The ambiguous language about the exclusivity of the Metal Gear game shows that Microsoft is shitting itself in the pants. They are not confident on their own stuff and need to try to drive people's attention away with cheap shots.

A sign of weakness.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

Eventually both of your power levels will creep over 9000 and the resulting fanboy battle will destroy the entire universe. So just stop.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hairydutchman

Good for them but I'll watch the Sony conference if they don't mind.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@thiago said:
"The ambiguous language about the exclusivity of the Metal Gear game shows that Microsoft is shitting itself in the pants. They are not confident on their own stuff and need to try to drive people's attention away with cheap shots.A sign of weakness."
That has nothing to do with this thread in any way.
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By killdave

Its called business, lucky things are RECORDED... its not like info will be forgotten if shows happen at the same time.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

What the hell?! They're going to try and counter it.That's aggessive.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By KamasamaK

It's Microsoft. Of course it's aggressive.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By albedos_shadow
@The_A_Drain said:
" Eventually both of your power levels will creep over 9000 and the resulting fanboy battle will destroy the entire universe. So just stop. "
Exactly.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thiago
@get2sammyb said:
" What the hell?! They're going to try and counter it.That's aggessive. "

No, that's despair.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallen189

>Official.

Wheres the source?

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Death_Unicorn
@thiago
Calm down, brah.
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By skrutop
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
@thiago:

Threats much? I believe those are against the rules. Lucky for you i'm out of Karma points.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15  Edited By Vinchenzo
@thiago: That was pretty immature. Go away please.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I edited it guys.  Apparently it's at 5 on ign.  I got mixed up with what timezone they lsited it in.
I guess they want to get the first and last game in out o these press conferences

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
@thiago: Actually, I prefer the statement "take it like a woman" if you know what I mean...
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive

will the mods unlock the official thread already!?!!?

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By skrutop
@thiago said:
" The people here are such whiny babies. Oh, stop whining and complaining about everything. You have the fucking sensitivity of a 12 year old girl!Take it like a man, just for once. And stop bitching about everything. "
how do you spell "hypocritical?"  With an H, right?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#20  Edited By LordAndrew

Quit being immature, thiago. Do you have anything to actually contribute to this thread?

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By keyhunter

What does flagging do? I should probably give it a whirl and see what happens.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive

hardcore wii games with ps3 graphics! cool beans. 

now this modnation racing is fucking cool dude. 
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jNerd
@thiago said:
" The ambiguous language about the exclusivity of the Metal Gear game shows that Microsoft is shitting itself in the pants. They are not confident on their own stuff and need to try to drive people's attention away with cheap shots.A sign of weakness. "
Or you're showing freudian insecurities within yourself & projecting them unto Microsoft. I see getting a Metal Gear game as a power-play to intimidate Sony's already shakey position in the market & it only makes us 360 gamers happy. 360 Penis > Every1 Elses
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwoOneFive

sony conference owns. 

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Feanor

I wish people would take the time to hyperlink

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive

holy shit, new ico game looks fucking gorgeous. 

im surprised at the leap they made graphics wise. 

time to own forza 3
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thiago
@jNerd said:
Or you're showing freudian insecurities within yourself & projecting them unto Microsoft. I see getting a Metal Gear game as a power-play to intimidate Sony's already shakey position in the market & it only makes us 360 gamers happy.

The only shakey thing I see is 360 fanboys jaw after the Sony conference. They may need to release 720 sooner than they thought. No great games, not great anything. Sony's conference outdid theirs by far. It was like watching a massacre.

Microsoft got buried.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RsistncE
@The_A_Drain: OVERRRR NINE THOUSANNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@thiago said:
"
@jNerd said:
Or you're showing freudian insecurities within yourself & projecting them unto Microsoft. I see getting a Metal Gear game as a power-play to intimidate Sony's already shakey position in the market & it only makes us 360 gamers happy.

The only shakey thing I see is 360 fanboys jaw after the Sony conference. They may need to release 720 sooner than they thought. No great games, not great anything. Sony's conference outdid theirs by far. It was like watching a massacre.

Microsoft got buried."

There wasn't much new shown at SOny's conference you realize? 
We've seen all what they've shown before with the exception of the kart game, which looks neat but is a, well, kart game.  FF14 which is apparently a time exclusive.  Agent.  And then motion controls.

Honestly now, the PSP was what rocked. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ineedaname
@thiago: Get over yourself and sony and post something constructive that actually doesn't look like you sleep with a playstation.

However I'm actually pretty happy Microsoft released some games I'll definitely pick up such as mass effect 2, and there's no dobut they'll have a few more announced by the end.
But the after Sony's today there was a fair few there I liked I would be interesting in an FF MMO but no doubt you'll have to pay as with the previous one, I'll stick pick up God of war though.
I also feel they put to much focus on the PSP although that MGS "sketch" at the end made me giggle.
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point I almost want to give up on thiago because he has proven to be the most hard headed and driven fanboy I've ever seen.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
"At this point I almost want to give up on thiago because he has proven to be the most hard headed and driven fanboy I've ever seen."
Not me anymore ):
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Stephen_Von_Cloud:

I know, it like smashing your face against a brick wall.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheJollyRajah
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@thiago said:
"
@jNerd said:

Microsoft got buried."
There wasn't much new shown at SOny's conference you realize?  We've seen all what they've shown before with the exception of the kart game, which looks neat but is a, well, kart game.  FF14 which is apparently a time exclusive.  Agent.  And then motion controls. "
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLIH BLOH BLAH

Same could be said of Microsoft's conference.

Sony just owned the crap out of them. That God of War footage blew all of Microsoft's games out of the fucking water. MAG looks way better than Halo ODST. Sony's motion controller looks far more accurate than NATAL and there is almost no delay. Agent is exclusive to PS3, and is being made by Rockstar, so you know it will be amazing. Ico just looked beautiful... it was so epic I almost cried.

And FF14 is a timed exclusive? Source?
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I think thiago is just joking around though. 

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thiago
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"

"

Well, I am joking sometimes like when saying I am going to kill someone, but I am no joking when I say that Microsoft got buried today.

KO.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Really. Conker 2?  OMG!!!!!!
lol, joke.  no reveal.  It's forza ):

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Diamond

It's Forza 3, apparently.  On IGN now.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SmugDarkLoser said:
"

"
No, the sad thing is he is not joking around.
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41  Edited By JonathanMoore
@Kamasama said:
" It's Microsoft. Of course it's aggressive. "
It's not gonna work, did you guys SEE that Conference?
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#42  Edited By AgentJ
@TheJollyRajah said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@thiago said:
"
@jNerd said:

Microsoft got buried."
There wasn't much new shown at SOny's conference you realize?  We've seen all what they've shown before with the exception of the kart game, which looks neat but is a, well, kart game.  FF14 which is apparently a time exclusive.  Agent.  And then motion controls. "

Sony just owned the crap out of them. That God of War footage blew all of Microsoft's games out of the fucking water. MAG looks way better than Halo ODST. Sony's motion controller looks far more accurate than NATAL and there is almost no delay. Agent is exclusive to PS3, and is being made by Rockstar, so you know it will be amazing. Ico just looked beautiful... it was so epic I almost cried.

"
I think that was the point. Both conferences just went into more detail on games we already know about. Most of the rest were multiplatform. 

I find it kind of funny that the stuff you brought up as plusses were the same things i named as negatives in my blog. The God of war footage seemed like much of the same with shiny 1080p. 

Mag looked great, but i have a hard time believing that it's going to be a success, especially with the currently limited PS3 install base. After all, how many of those players are actually going to listen to the squad commander? The majority of the people playing are just going to do their own thing. Thats how it is with many much smaller squad based games right now, and with 256 players its going to be even worse. And i hope Sony has an idea of what they'll do with people that drop out. If the game has to restart every time a player turns off their console it wont be worth it. So while the concept of MAG is awesome, i have a hard time seeing the logistics working the way they need to. just for the record, it will still likely blow ODST out of the water, but thats not saying much

The Motion controller is all stuff we have seen before, most notably from the motion plus only a few hours earlier. 

However, The Last Guardian (thats what its called right?) does look very epic, and Uncharted 2 and Gran Turismo look like legitimate GOTY contenders. 

Ideally though, that conference needed much more focus on the PSP. 
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jNerd
@thiago said:
"
@jNerd said:

Microsoft got buried. "
Oh, excuse me. I didn't realize you where dreaming about the Sony Press Conf & didn't actually watch it. Because the conference everyone else saw was SHIT.
You realize the entire Sony conference was them playing catch-up with M$. All they did was talk about leaks for crap we didn't want and already knew about & then joked about it later when they showed the only thing that didn't leak.
They showed us Sony Mario Kart, Agent (which they had to have BEGGED Rockstar for Or it just flat-out sucks), FF14 which was indicated as a TIMED exclusive not to mention it looks like a FF11 clone.
Then they showed off Sony Motion Controls which was the ONLY interesting part of the show & the only thing they did well the entire time.
thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thiago
@jNerd said:
Oh, excuse me. I didn't realize you where dreaming about the Sony Press Conf & didn't actually watch it. Because the conference everyone else saw was SHIT.
You realize the entire Sony conference was them playing catch-up with M$. All they did was talk about leaks for crap we didn't want and already knew about & then joked about it later when they showed the only thing that didn't leak.
They showed us Sony Mario Kart, Agent (which they had to have BEGGED Rockstar for Or it just flat-out sucks), FF14 which is a TIMED exclusive not to mention it looks like a FF11 clone.Then they showed off Sony Motion Controls which was the ONLY interesting part of the show & the only thing they did well the entire time. "

Cry me a river fanboy.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jNerd
@AgentJ said:
"
@TheJollyRajah said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@thiago said:
"
@jNerd said:

Microsoft got buried."

"
I think that was the point. Both conferences just went into more detail on games we already know about. Most of the rest were multiplatform. 

I find it kind of funny that the stuff you brought up as plusses were the same things i named as negatives in my blog. The God of war footage seemed like much of the same with shiny 1080p. 

Mag looked great, but i have a hard time believing that it's going to be a success, especially with the currently limited PS3 install base. After all, how many of those players are actually going to listen to the squad commander? The majority of the people playing are just going to do their own thing. Thats how it is with many much smaller squad based games right now, and with 256 players its going to be even worse. And i hope Sony has an idea of what they'll do with people that drop out. If the game has to restart every time a player turns off their console it wont be worth it. So while the concept of MAG is awesome, i have a hard time seeing the logistics working the way they need to. just for the record, it will still likely blow ODST out of the water, but thats not saying much

The Motion controller is all stuff we have seen before, most notably from the motion plus only a few hours earlier. 

However, The Last Guardian (thats what its called right?) does look very epic, and Uncharted 2 and Gran Turismo look like legitimate GOTY contenders. 

Ideally though, that conference needed much more focus on the PSP. 
"
Oh, so you're saying the ENTIRE show was bullshit we already knew about ? Because that's what it seems like. The only impressive part of that conference was the new Team ICO game.
That footage for GoD3 was crap, it could've been GoD2 for all anyone else fucking knows. It wasn't like we didn't already know exactly how GoD3 was going to look, sound, play, and feel.
Agent sounds like a pity-date by Rockstar & MAG is full of promises it can't keep not-to-mention it isn't competing with ODST which, I PROMISE YOU, will outsell MAG.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jNerd
@thiago said:
"
@jNerd said:
They showed us Sony Mario Kart, Agent (which they had to have BEGGED Rockstar for Or it just flat-out sucks), FF14 which is a TIMED exclusive not to mention it looks like a FF11 clone.Then they showed off Sony Motion Controls which was the ONLY interesting part of the show & the only thing they did well the entire time. "
Cry me a river fanboy. "
Don't be upset that you can't keep-up.....
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By jakob187

I think both had good conferences, but I think that Sony wins for "pure games shown", which is what people want from an E3 conference.  I don't want half my conference to be devoted to Natal and Milo.  =  /

Moreover, if Microsoft is having Rare make the announcement OUTSIDE of their press conference...which is when I wanted to hear it in the first place (given that I've got my reputation as a badass psychic riding on this shit)...then it would mean that Microsoft feels some kind of pressure for putting on what could be viewed as a lesser conference.  I mean, honestly...when is there an MS conference where we DON'T expect a new Halo announcement?  Microsoft has their Madden now.  They'll drive it into the ground more than they already have...
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By CL60
@LordAndrew said:
" Quit being immature, thiago. Do you have anything to actually contribute to this thread? "
He never has anything to contribute EVER. thiago, just shutup, with each passing post you make yourself look more mentally ill.
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Luke

Perfect Dark :p

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pibo47
@thiago said:
" The ambiguous language about the exclusivity of the Metal Gear game shows that Microsoft is shitting itself in the pants. They are not confident on their own stuff and need to try to drive people's attention away with cheap shots.A sign of weakness. "
Phail troll phails. Be gone thiago, you're an annoying troll that no one loves.